[VOTE] Is Guild Wars 2 heading a good way?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: duka.1704

duka.1704

Simple YES/NO answers please. No need to explain your thoughts.

Zonn O Noz – [CTD] Chase The Devil

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

With the new instant trait respec, kind of.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I must say ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I don’t think even Arena Net knows where this game is heading.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I would argue that just as my favorite statement in global chat in ‘any’ MMO is completely subjective, your question can’t be responded to with a simple ‘Yes/No’ answer, as it has no context.

“WTB good sword.”

Yep, still my favorite.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Yes

With the all the improvements since launch and more to come on the 15th along with the massive amount of content they deliver so frequently, I have to say I am very impressed with this game.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Reserving judgement till we get these articles/blogs/info:
*A New Way to Explore the Looks of Guild Wars 2,
*A Colorful Outlook,
*Removing Restrictions,
*Account-Bound, and
*A Solid Foundation
Though at first thought, I’m leaning towards no.
Ever since Cutthroat Politics anyways. Really don’t having to be in a specific guild to be able to complete certain things (teq/wurm/specific achievs). Servers themselves should be able to at any time.
I’m glad we’ve gotten soo much content (for free), but disappointed its pretty much been all temporary stuff.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I’d say, this game has gone nowhere in the last 18 monthes.

If things ever start moving, I’ll let you know.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The game feels 95% the same as it felt at release, so its not really going anywhere except downhill.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Yes.

And OP I find your lack of interest for opinions/thoughts to be disturbing.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

More like a “I write on forums / I play the game” poll.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It really depends on what direction you want the gane to head in.

Personally, I’m pretty torn. In terms of PvE content, I don’t like open world raids (they make you feel like you don’t really matter, and you can’t put any complex mechanics in there), I don’t like temporary content, the plot doesn’t make any sense. So no on that front.

The core ideas of the game however, I feel it’s slowly heading in the right direction. The latest dungeon content (despite there not being many), are very well made and the mechanics promote distinct roles unique to the encounter, the CDIs are more attention I’ve seen any dev put into listening to the community, and as much as I hate the LS, they are becoming better structured.

So I guess the answer is I’ll wait and see.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

The simple answer would be the game has to actually be moving to say yes or no.

As it stands right now the game has changed little since release. For example a player who left the game before the LS and came back now would basically see almost no changes to the game in over a year.

Now, This is what I am thinking. With all the new releases coming out – GW2 has to change with the times. It will evolve so that it will not loose players to all the new games coming out.

GW2 was released with absolutely nothing to compete against. Wow attracts a different player base tbh. So while some may view it as competition – quite frankly GW2 isn’t even on Blizzards radar.

So now with these new games coming out GW2 for the first time will have direct competition for players. It will cause GW2 to adapt and evolve – which is exactly what this game has needed for a very long time.

We will just have to see how it plays out.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I’d say, this game has gone nowhere in the last 18 monthes.

If things ever start moving, I’ll let you know.

Keep posting on GW2 forums, lol.

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

No.

There are hints of promise here and there but largely, Living Story has been a bore and this notion that players would enjoy playing in massive cooperative battles(world boss fights) is overblown. I would much rather have more sophisticated encounters with smaller player counts a la instanced content.

On the PvP end of things we need more game modes than Conquest and please, something that promotes more team play. As it is, people basically run dueling builds and in tournament play, solo stalling is a winning tactic.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

With the so far announced Feature Pack updates? Yes it’s looking good.

Now if the other updates aren’t good we simply can’t know at the moment.

Xae Isareth.1364

As it stands right now the game has changed little since release. For example a player who left the game before the LS and came back now would basically see almost no changes to the game in over a year.

Now, This is what I am thinking. With all the new releases coming out – GW2 has to change with the times. It will evolve so that it will not loose players to all the new games coming out.

GW2 was released with absolutely nothing to compete against. Wow attracts a different player base tbh. So while some may view it as competition – quite frankly GW2 isn’t even on Blizzards radar.

So now with these new games coming out GW2 for the first time will have direct competition for players. It will cause GW2 to adapt and evolve – which is exactly what this game has needed for a very long time.

I don’t really see anything until EQNext. The biggest names on a release radar which isn’t far into the future are Destiny, Wildstar, ESO and The Division. 2 of them are TPS/FPSs and aren’t even really MMOs, Wildstar is a homage to pre-Cata WoW with some extra stuff (I heard Warplots are still bugged and they can’t make it work though), do none of those are really directly competing with GW2.

ESO is a very close competitor, and I’m interested I how that plays (Anet timing their feature release for basically ESO’s release and also slapping a WvW season with very attractive rewards on top of it has me thinking Anet might be playing aggressively). But they’re still fundamentally different: ESO has a trinity, it’s a sub, etc etc.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yes.

And although we are not supposed to comment further, I must add that if it were going somewhere I didn’t like, I would just play something else. Therefore I would not bother commenting on the forums for a game I no longer played.

edit: spelling

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Azreell.1568

I don’t really see anything until EQNext. The biggest names on a release radar which isn’t far into the future are Destiny, Wildstar, ESO and The Division. 2 of them are TPS/FPSs and aren’t even really MMOs, Wildstar is a homage to pre-Cata WoW with some extra stuff (I heard Warplots are still bugged and they can’t make it work though), do none of those are really directly competing with GW2.

ESO is a very close competitor, and I’m interested I how that plays (Anet timing their feature release for basically ESO’s release and also slapping a WvW season with very attractive rewards on top of it has me thinking Anet might be playing aggressively). But they’re still fundamentally different: ESO has a trinity, it’s a sub, etc etc.

Actually I truly think Wildstar will be GW2’s biggest competitor. It’s A LOT closer to GW2 then most of these forum jokers are making people believe.

The only similarity it has to wow is that it caters to both casuals and hard cores alike and has content for both.

The combat system in that game takes GW2 and improves upon it. The content design is what I keep wishing Anet would get closer to making and the game mechanics are simply fun.

It’s different enough to be new and familiar enough to allow for enjoyable game play.

Quite frankly Carbine pulled a Blizzard. They apparently have taken all the best of the current crop of mmorpgs and put them into one title.

That is exactly what blizzard north did when they originally released Wow and we all know how that worked out.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

No.

First, they haven’t really grown the game much at all, and I’m not talking about just new zones or content. They’ve added no real depth to it until now, and it’s been 18 months. Second, they’re focusing on the wrong areas, trying to keep things in line with a vision that isn’t working as well as they think it is. It’s like the Scarlet storyline all over again, but for development direction. Third, they’re dumbing things down like they believe all players are idiots while pushing everything towards the higher levels of the game. There’s less and less reason to NOT rush to level 80, leading to more people missing out on any enjoyment from the majority of the game’s content. You don’t want people rushing through and not forming an attachment to the game world, only to reach level 80 and wonder why they should even care about what’s going on.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Too many WoW fanbois. I don’t blame Anet for ignoring the forums.
PS. GW2 is dead, don’t worry. Now, go cry in WoW forums instead of here, because you are wasting both your and our time.

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

No. Reason? The players, and anets apparent attempt at listening to them. Ultima anyone?

Azreell.1568

PS. GW2 is dead, don’t worry. Now, go cry in WoW forums instead of here, because you are wasting both your and our time.

People use an example of success from – Em I dunno something that succeeded.

How is that unreasonable or fanboi’ish???

Also, Millions upon millions of players log in every day and play that game.

In saying that who is the minority and who is the majority?

It’s not unrealistic to think that Anet might be interested now in using time proven systems from other games and implementing them here.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

So I just came back after 6 month rage quit break (The stalemate that Guild Wars 2 was in made me mad) and I see that we’re still in a stalemate.

Welp, this game had a lot of potential, guess I have to hope in Everquest Next to deliver.

Azreell.1568

So I just came back after 6 month rage quit break (The stalemate that Guild Wars 2 was in made me mad) and I see that we’re still in a stalemate.

Welp, this game had a lot of potential, guess I have to hope in Everquest Next to deliver.

The problem is so many posters on this forum want to keep reinventing the wheel and fail to realize it was never broken.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s hard to tell if guild wars is heading anywhere.

Most of the lasting permanant work from the last year is:

High end: Southsun, TA Aetherpath, Wurm, Tequatl
Pvp Rewards Update: Replacing a confusing system that wasn’t working
QOL updates.

This s all stuff that should have been in the game at launch. The no endgame content raider players needed Tequatl and the Wurm to exist, the pvp system needed refinement, and QOL affects gameplay.

Has we been playing a beta readying or launch or a finished product readying for an expansion?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Absolutely not! Just hearing the conclusion the devs reach at times leaves me baffled, unsure if they even play the same game.

I mean they weren’t even going to nerf Decap Engis, a builds that makes a mockery of Conquest mode, until they were cornered into it by the community just yesterday. I mean WTF?!?

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Yes,it goes in right direction

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Its not heading anywhere if they don’t release meaningful content

PvE is still a laughable face roll. You only need one set of gear with the same zerk stats just like at release and you can complete everything you want to in PvE

sPvP has no new game modes so that has changed very little since release. Still unbalanced and they just removed/scrapped the entire glory system meaning anet dropped the ball completely on sPvP.

WvW – who ever has the biggest blob wins. The only “endgame” if you can call it that….

So yea, until I see some serious changes its heading no where (some new traits that majority of the players won’t use is for sure not enough, zerker meta is unchanged, its still all you need to do PvE, brainless champ trains for endgame farming lol)

Posted by: Philip.8376

Philip.8376

No. Judging from the reworked armour sets in the black lion (the heavy and medium Flamekissed etc. are a DIRECT copy of existing ones), they don’t care nearly enough.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

GuildWars2? I only know Casual/ZergWars2. Therefore: *NO*t at all.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Xae Isareth.1364

Actually I truly think Wildstar will be GW2’s biggest competitor. It’s A LOT closer to GW2 then most of these forum jokers are making people believe.

The only similarity it has to wow is that it caters to both casuals and hard cores alike and has content for both.

The combat system in that game takes GW2 and improves upon it. The content design is what I keep wishing Anet would get closer to making and the game mechanics are simply fun.

It’s different enough to be new and familiar enough to allow for enjoyable game play.

Quite frankly Carbine pulled a Blizzard. They apparently have taken all the best of the current crop of mmorpgs and put them into one title.

That is exactly what blizzard north did when they originally released Wow and we all know how that worked out.

What WS did was basically make every skill into a TAoE of some sort. There’s a lot of problems with that, a massive one being precision control is going to be a headache. Your basically putting a second step into targeting specific mobs and then not giving an intuitive way to achieve that.

Putting into an example. What if I want to pull the enemy team’s healer to me as a tank so my burst DD can nuke him? I can’t because the other team’s all crowding around him.

I mean, what’s wrong with a crosshair? It works, it’s precise, and it’s intuitive. It just seems like they’re just trying to be different for difference’s sake.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Xae Isareth.1364

It’s not unrealistic to think that Anet might be interested now in using time proven systems from other games and implementing them here.

Because what works there won’t work here. Medicine that cures the flu won’t cure cancer.

Azreell.1568

What WS did was basically make every skill into a TAoE of some sort. There’s a lot of problems with that, a massive one being precision control is going to be a headache. Your basically putting a second step into targeting specific mobs and then not giving an intuitive way to achieve that.

Putting into an example. What if I want to pull the enemy team’s healer to me as a tank so my burst DD can nuke him? I can’t because the other team’s all crowding around him.

I don’t see a problem with that as positional encounter’s could be used offensively and defensively.

It’s an evolutionary step between GW2 and the trinity and a very good one imo.

It took all the things I love about GW2 combat and evolved them as well as taking all the ideas off a trinity system and evolved them as well.

It’s a bit of a hybrid sure – and I’m not saying it’s perfect atm by any stretch but the game play from my experience is so much more fluid and thought provoking then what we have currently in GW2.

GW2 should and could take some lessons form what they guys are doing there with content design. The games as I said are A LOT more similar then what people are leading onto so some of the things that would improve GW2 would be very easy to translate over here.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Azreell.1568

Because what works there won’t work here. Medicine that cures the flu won’t cure cancer.

Except your analogy isn’t correct.

Both games can get the flu the only difference is one has a vaccine to fight against it one does not.

GW2 currently is trying to be different just to be different. That’s lovely and all but if different isn’t fun then you have a problem.

They should be more interested in making a fun game instead of a different game and I think they would be in a much better place.

They are trying to reinvent the wheel not realizing – why fix something if it isn’t broke?

So far their test theory has failed – If it had succeeded the game would be rivaling others in terms of player retention, player bases and profits.

The game has so much potential but continues to fall to mediocrity chasing an ideal which is counter productive.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

No.

It is free 2 play rubbish at this point, kinda like Forza 5.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

" If you see Justice and Righteousness for The Elite and Injustice and Depravity for The Lesser "

Than. No!

-ranger-

(the new traits is another reminder of how much lesser we will continue to be)

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

This is an interesting question to bring up at this time. If you ask me the same in the past half year, my answer would have been definitly a NO. While the Living World concept started as a genius idea, it quickly became a cancer that spread wildly, making me worry it will leave behind a dead game that is only worth to check on every 2 weeks for a couple of hours until you get all the horribly communicated achievements / tasks via dulfy guides, and zergfarm pve content for a new backpiece. It happend too many times. As the end of the living world s1 drew closer, we started to get more lore, story and interaction with characters and the universe they live in, which was a good change – yet, far from enough. The game was (and propably is, as naming something as season 1 pretty much confirms there is a season 2 on the way) struggling. It did not expand at all, most of the new content that could have been kept was taken away for no reason, even if it was only QoL fun content, like the Bazaar of the Four Winds, and the Super Adventure Boxes (personally, I hated all SABs, down to the very core concept, but I find it even worse that it’s not a permanent content accessible from somewhere Rata Sum), the Karka Island is dead except when the queen spawns. Literally dead, there are no heart events, no vistas, no lore NPCs to talk to, no NOTHING.

The more LW content arrived, the more I started to realize that Guild Wars 2’s world is very very locked down, and it’s features work against itself. You can’t bind legendary crafting materials to world completition, it’s very unfair for those who join later after the world (should have been…) expanded to double it’s original size. The other end is, the world isn’t expanding at all. Even if it was amazing and stunning in the first weeks, fun to discover later, and challanging to find hidden places later, it ran out of time and there is nothing else we can do (speaking strictly PvE). No new dungeons, no new areas, no new questlines, no new factions, nothing.

Let’s turn back to the original question – is it going to the right direction? With the upcoming features patch changes, I must say we are making a huge step the right direction to reach the right path what the game and it’s community really needs. Still, all the experience I gathered in LW S1 and all stubbornness we saw from the developers following the path that is most liked by them instead of the audience, I fear we’ll walk away from that path even futher very soon, when Season 2 starts. There are rumours based on some interviews that theoretically leave an open chance for a real, big expansion, but knowing Season 2 of LW comes first no matter what, I must say I doubt I’ll be the loyal player I was since relase.

Xae Isareth.1364

The problem is that it’s frustrating. In the heat of battle you don’t want to jump through hoops because the game’s system is illogical and you have to force yourself to adapt to it.

It’s not a problem with positional counters, it’s a problem with efficiency. It looks like a fast paced game and this game just slows things down.

Xae Isareth.1364

Except your analogy isn’t correct.

Both games can get the flu the only difference is one has a vaccine to fight against it one does not.

GW2 currently is trying to be different just to be different. That’s lovely and all but if different isn’t fun then you have a problem.

They should be more interested in making a fun game instead of a different game and I think they would be in a much better place.

They are trying to reinvent the wheel not realizing – why fix something if it isn’t broke?

So far their test theory has failed – If it had succeeded the game would be rivaling others in terms of player retention, player bases and profits.

The game has so much potential but continues to fall to mediocrity chasing an ideal which is counter productive.

Well ok, what ideas can you take from WoW and apply it here then?

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

What’s the point of it then, you draw a line on your wall and count how many people decided to say no or yes? This isn’t a question that can be viewed as black and white as you want it. Futhermore, it’s not helping anyone, nor the fellow forumers neither the developers to see things they may didn’t think of before at all, thus understand the way of thinking and the needs it lead to, of an average / pro player. Which is, this place is under DISCUSSIONS category, and not voting. Misplacing your thread, is what happend here.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

The problem is so many posters on this forum want to keep reinventing the wheel and fail to realize it was never broken.

Just because the wheel isn’t broken, doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.

After all, wooden wheels were mostly replaced by wheels with inner tubing and treads.

With some things, yes (hunting for traits, for example), while other things no (largely temp content).

Mostly, i’ll be reserving judgement until I see the rest of the intended changes.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Waiting until all is revealed and we get a chance to try it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I am pretty skeptical of the incoming trait changes.
I can’t honestly say if it’s bad or good yet, of course.

Looking back at the LS, while I have had plenty of fun logging in and doing things in PvE and exploring group combat in WvW at times, I don’t think I’d still be around if the game wasn’t loosely associated with GW1.

So I suppose my answer is, "No."

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

YES, especially with this Feature Pack coming up.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: koiruus.2450

koiruus.2450

YES……………..

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Nope. Feature pack is too little too late and won’t address the deep, underlying issues with this game.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

NO….. 15 chars

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Thomas Kaira.7863

Thomas Kaira.7863

No.

Core issues are not being addressed with the next feature-patch (though some good stuff is being added) and numerous bad design choices have been made. These are the following major issues with the game as of now that have not been addressed:

1. Conditions are useless in PvE and overpowered in PvP.
2. Toughness/Vitality stats matter little in PvE due to overused 1-shot mechanics.
3. Defiant renders control specs worthless.
4. Rampant class imbalance based on game mode.
5. Serious lack of build diversity due to low count of skills (and even less useful ones) and restrictively expensive gear re-specs.
6. DPS build supremacy in PvE due to inviability of other builds.

And these are the following design decisions:

1. Emphasis on temporary content is resulting in a MORE static world than if otherwise due to the fact the content is temporary and has little overall effect on the game.
2. Emphasis on large-scale (zerg-style) combat events and not enough actual group content has resulted in an extremely low overall skill level for this game.
3. Emphasis on high-population events results in people being unable to participate with their community due to the Overflow system.
4. Emphasis on high-population events coupled with guesting is causing major problems for smaller servers trying to enjoy this content.

Until all those get addressed GW2 is in a pretty sorry state, and are largely why I barely ever play anymore.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Well, let me think about this a moment…

Yes.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~