Visual nerfs [Merged]

Visual nerfs [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

The most ridiculous fact about this “noise” reduction is that when I first saw the new Ele fireballs I thought my game is bugged.

So yea, I think that speaks for how much I needed reduction of the visual noise.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Earlier this afternoon I stumbled upon a player in LA with an Anet tag. I made my disappointment known to him/her. The following image is the convo I had with him/her.
(Sorry about the poor quality, only have kittenty old MS Paint to work with)

I’m sorry to say that your approach was a little ..heavy handed. As the poor guy said several times, he’s not responsible for the issue and he handled the conversation very peacefully all things considered. It would probably be more effective to befriend anet devs if you see them in-game. Getting them on your side makes them more likely to champion your causes, rather than frightening them from entering the game. But I understand your frustration. It’s not easy finding the right way to explain that frustration to the person who is (seemingly) responsible. If you see him, or another dev again, try to win him over. It’s worth it.

Nope. Already tried that bullkitten. Doesn’t work with these guys.

I don’t doubt that you have, but it’s not going to be a quick process winning hearts and minds.. and it’s not up to you alone. We should all befriend the devs if we see them. (Adopt a dev today! lol)

And before you mistake me for a white knight, my goal is the same as yours: to improve a game I enjoy. I just think a full frontal assault isn’t going to work in this case. Just my 2 coppers.

Then you and I are going to have to agree to disagree, as I’m not going to change my tone until SOMETHING happens on Anet’s end.

Hate is Fuel.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

The most ridiculous fact about this “noise” reduction is that when I first saw the new Ele fireballs I thought my game is bugged.

So yea, I think that speaks for how much I needed reduction of the visual noise.

Nobody needed this ‘visual noise reduction’ they’ve forced on us.

All in the name of e-sports viewers. (of which there were SO MANY last time, you guys.)

Meanwhile, the PvE experience is greatly lessened for folks who main eles & mesmers.

At least give us a slider so we can determine the amount of effects we want to see.

Headdesk

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Add me in to the list of those unhappy elementalists who dislike the reductions. I mostly play ele and mesmer. I happen to LIKE the flashy effects and visual clues. If it’s causing issues for people, put in a slider or make it an option,

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I’ve been told that it’s best to contact Anet via support. Maybe we should start writing them messages through that, but please keep it polite. Say what bugs you in recent changes and propose that famous idea of an animation slider, that would make everyone happy.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

oshilator.4681

I’ve been told that it’s best to contact Anet via support. Maybe we should start writing them messages through that, but please keep it polite. Say what bugs you in recent changes and propose that famous idea of an animation slider, that would make everyone happy.

Like they listen…

Headdesk

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Yello.3406

Yello.3406

I am not very optimistic Anet is planning any sort of slider in options for this, cause if they did, someone would have posted it in this topic since this would be an easy way to calm down the angry mob.

On the other hand they could have realised the impact of the changes just today since the kittenstorm wasn’t that big until the last patch.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I fear it will only become worse. Imagine what they could do to Chaos Storm, Meteor Shower, Lava Font… Soon we will end up in GW1 all of a sudden.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Jax.4903

Jax.4903

Earlier this afternoon I stumbled upon a player in LA with an Anet tag. I made my disappointment known to him/her.

I was hoping to run into Gaile Grey after the Nov 17th patch because she has always been very helpful. A few days ago I partied up with an A-Net employee in Auric Basin long enough to ask if they would restore full special effects and implement a slider option, but he just replied by saying “Sorry, I don’t wok on the game engine side of things so I wouldn’t know.”

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The ONLY visual clutter I want removed are the dumb text bubbles over that stupid hobo-tron backpack.

Everything else they’ve removed thus far…I want back.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Surely somebody at Anet must know of the outrage of their playerbase by now. But who knows if dev kitties care, as they are probably tunnel visioned in on making e-sports happen. It’s not being done very well at all, to the point where I don’t even feel like logging in due to all this. It’s just too upsetting to play and see it.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

The visual nerfs were fine for a bit but now they’re starting to get fairly ridiculous

Making effects smaller does not make them easier to read in either PvE or PvP.
Example: the auras now look like soap bubbles shaped like eggs, when you can see them at all. And that’s a major problem: I find it very difficult to see auras at all. Reducing visual clutter is fine and all and some stuff wasn’t terrible imo, but when it becomes more difficult to see what’s going on rather than less difficult then you’re doing the job entirely wrong.

I think the goals are noble to reduce visual clutter, but the methods need some tweaking. Or, as some people have asked for, add a slider or check boxes for visual effects! That would make everyone happy.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Loli Ruri.8307

The visual nerfs were fine for a bit but now they’re starting to get fairly ridiculous

Which ones? I’m calling you out on this, because I totally disagree. This game needs more visual appeal, not less. :U

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Please make visual clutter reduction a toggleable option.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Which ones? I’m calling you out on this, because I totally disagree. This game needs more visual appeal, not less. :U

I mean sure you disagree but ultimately my point is that this reduction is Bad and ought to be an option rather than mandatory. Discussing which changes were good or bad isn’t productive and bogs down the thread.

Although I do agree with you, the game is definitely built on visual appeal and needs as much as it can get!

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Better start playing Zork for practice, guys and gals. At this rate GW2 will be a MUD by February!

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

oshilator.4681

Better start playing Zork for practice, guys and gals. At this rate GW2 will be a MUD by February!

*by the December 15th patch.

Fixed.

Headdesk

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Noctiz.5843

Noctiz.5843

Add me to the list of players about to quit because of these forced and unnecessary visual nerfs. Just make a slider/option for it and it will solve this whole problem instantly! The pro league casters can toggle them off for the streams and we the players can keep the full effects turned on for our experience of the game!

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

Seriously starting to ruin the game. Either implement a slider bar/check box to fix this or find another way. STOP NERFING VISUALS its the reason some of us play the class we do

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

(edited by IceBlizzard.1054)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: LucianTheAngelic.7054

LucianTheAngelic.7054

I thought maybe it would be a one patch thing and then they’d e done with it. But no. Now chaos armor and others are reduced too!? This is unreal! Give us a slider or don’t reduce it at all. I can’t see things that I’m supposed to be dodging and paying attention to!

(edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Earlier this afternoon I stumbled upon a player in LA with an Anet tag. I made my disappointment known to him/her. The following image is the convo I had with him/her.

I’m sorry to say that your approach was a little ..heavy handed. As the poor guy said several times, he’s not responsible for the issue and he handled the conversation very peacefully all things considered. It would probably be more effective to befriend anet devs if you see them in-game. Getting them on your side makes them more likely to champion your causes, rather than frightening them from entering the game. But I understand your frustration. It’s not easy finding the right way to explain that frustration to the person who is (seemingly) responsible. If you see him, or another dev again, try to win him over. It’s worth it.

I don’t doubt that you have, but it’s not going to be a quick process winning hearts and minds.. and it’s not up to you alone. We should all befriend the devs if we see them. (Adopt a dev today! lol)

And before you mistake me for a white knight, my goal is the same as yours: to improve a game I enjoy. I just think a full frontal assault isn’t going to work in this case. Just my 2 coppers.

I’m sorry, but they’re seemingly making absolutely no effort to befriend us, and they already got our money, I see no reason to act as the nice guy.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: RollFzzlbeef.4092

RollFzzlbeef.4092

Flashy attacks are (were?) a big reason I picked Ele as my main. This was a horrible, and horribly POINTLESS, change.

What problem, exactly, did the visual nerfs fix?

-Bosses are not magically more visible now.
-Auras are LESS visible in team fights. Hooray, counterplay! /s
-Fireball looks like I’m chucking godkitten streamers at my enemy.
-What’s next? OOH can I have invisible Meteor Shower? Maybe THAT would actually be worth it, for the lulz if for nothing else.

Very discouraging. Time for a break from this game.

Engi’s got wrecked too, our explosions happen so fast you can barely see them, fields are kitten near invisible, and even our glorious flamethrower (may she rest in peace) has had it’s jet reduced along with the smoke screen, air blast and FT 2 glorious explosion. Hell even the grandaddy big ol bomb is about the explosion size of what bombs used to be now.

Believe me my ele comrade, engi’s feel your pain in it’s entirety

Rip and Tear

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m sorry, but they’re seemingly making absolutely no effort to befriend us, and they already got our money, I see no reason to act as the nice guy.

No good cop/bad cop then?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: RebelsDawn.6803

RebelsDawn.6803

Flashy attacks are (were?) a big reason I picked Ele as my main. This was a horrible, and horribly POINTLESS, change.

-What’s next? OOH can I have invisible Meteor Shower? Maybe THAT would actually be worth it, for the lulz if for nothing else.

I try to avoid looking at patch notes until after I play the game (I like to be surprised)
After the first visual patch I was saddened, after this one I’m at a loss of words. I mainline Ele for the flair and explosions. At my shop I showcase how flashy and smoothly the game ran during the Escape from L.A. event when showcasing parts for pc builds. (amongst other games I play)
I can’t put words to how I feel every time I lose a bit more of my WOW that looks amazing factor, it’s highly discouraging me from playing as much as I want to since I like to play everything on ultra at 1440p. (Thank you Radeon for finally letting me play that way with my rig)

(edited by RebelsDawn.6803)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Gee, what are the chances we can get the Aegis FX nerfed right out of existence?

I hate that stupid thing.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Engi’s got wrecked too, our explosions happen so fast you can barely see them, fields are kitten near invisible, and even our glorious flamethrower (may she rest in peace) has had it’s jet reduced along with the smoke screen, air blast and FT 2 glorious explosion. Hell even the grandaddy big ol bomb is about the explosion size of what bombs used to be now.

Believe me my ele comrade, engi’s feel your pain in it’s entirety

I don’t play much engi but it always bugs me when I can’t even see the flametrower shoot any fire during its auto, it happens about half of the time.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: RickSanchez.5671

RickSanchez.5671

The visual changes since 11/17 have not improved game play. The effects and visuals of auras and skills are what makes GW2 unique and great but these new changes just make me sad.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

I don’t understand why these changes aren’t linked to the Effect LOD option. I mean, they already have a toggle for particle effects… does it even do anything?

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You can’t even see the auras anymore. Magnetic aura is the one that has had the biggest quality loss, but everything is like on 1% transparency and shaped like eggs.

Like whatever is done just seem so random and without justification. This is going to have a negative impact on gameplay.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

How hard is it to say something like that in this thread over here?

I mean that GM wasn’t even aware of the massive outcry lol, I wonder if they even read the forums.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Jesseii.2097

Jesseii.2097

this absolutely terrible ): why are they doing this to us!?

im taking a break from this mess of a game ;x tomorrow is an update for Warframe, a game where the developers actually CARE about what their community is upset about. i will be enjoying that game until you jerks over at Arena Net get your crap together!! :c

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Makai.3429

im taking a break from this mess of a game ;x tomorrow is an update for Warframe, a game where the developers actually CARE about what their community is upset about. i will be enjoying that game until you jerks over at Arena Net get your crap together!! :c

I’ll be heading back to the joys of Hotline Miami 2 since the level editor is slated for beta soon. It astonishes me how two indie developers can spend more time communicating with their fans than an entire company.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Let’s farm that archer frame together, at least it won’t be troubled by “visual noise”

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

not sure what that game is but i will say this much .if we really want to get anets attention . then this needs to happen much sooner then that time . as i have noticed there used to be 4 full servers and no there is only 2 at my last check . puts me in mind of another game from this company . called city of heros or something like that. any ways story goes anet pulled the plug on the game out of the blue . and never to this day said a word about it . in my book in many ways i think they are trying to do that here. but maybe we all need to take a page out of there book and do it to them before they do it all to us yet once again . then maybe and maybe only then will they listen to us. other wise i do not think they care about the players no more in the first place.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

ham.8209

you have got a good idea . best idea i read so far and honestly that is the only way anet will listen to the players maybe . maybe others will get the same idea and join your lead . other wise when it comes to anet deef dumb and blind . and it sure is not getting better

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Loli Ruri.8307

I wanna know who this faceless majority that has voted for this stupid nerfing of visual effects. And why do we have to take it? I wanna know who the actual person is who thought these changes were a good idea. And why are they forced upon everybody?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Makai.3429

I wanna know who this faceless majority that has voted for this stupid nerfing of visual effects. And why do we have to take it? I wanna know who the actual person is who thought these changes were a good idea. And why are they forced upon everybody?

Probably the 35 to 50 people who like and share esports posts on GW2’s Facebook page.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

Starting off with a disappointing expansion and continuing to screw up. This is kind of amazing to watch.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

ham.8209

good questions even tho i think the answers will not come . but i can say i think it is easy to figure out these answers out for our selfs . and the only way anet will listen to us . is no gem buying . and play a different game. as i have noticed in the last week the server being full of people has dropped . and i think a lot of guilds have left too. in a way i think maybe they got the same thought iam having right now and just did it . but still good questions be nice to have them answer us . but honestly think got a better chance of playing a slot machine and hitting it big .

Visual nerfs [Merged]

ham.8209

Starting off with a disappointing expansion and continuing to screw up. This is kind of amazing to watch.

hope you mean like that big bus going off the road but does not. honestly this is getting more like pain filled to watch . let alone trying to play the game. it is clear they are not really interested in fixing the game now . all they want is there pvp $200000.000 pot watchers and there esports .

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Making effects smaller does not make them easier to read in either PvE or PvP.
Example: the auras now look like soap bubbles shaped like eggs, when you can see them at all. And that’s a major problem: I find it very difficult to see auras at all. Reducing visual clutter is fine and all and some stuff wasn’t terrible imo, but when it becomes more difficult to see what’s going on rather than less difficult then you’re doing the job entirely wrong.

I think the goals are noble to reduce visual clutter, but the methods need some tweaking. Or, as some people have asked for, add a slider or check boxes for visual effects! That would make everyone happy.

Well Anet do MANY thing really wrong. I mean, even if its not necessary a bad idea its so wrongly thought ( which its quite ironic since they seem to spend their time “trying stuff” instead of properly update the game since 3years )

So yeah another time they fail, not only with the fact that they dont even give an option to keep the “original effects” (they were certainly too lazy to build a system do let the player dynamically change particles size, so they just cutted down the originals)
But indeed, they dont understand that “easy readable action” =/= small effect.
Its imo only a matter of particle / spirte design ( without a over use of small additionnal shiny particles & refraction thing )

For GW1 sure that wasnt immersive at all thoses small and cheap particle, but that wasnt so annoying either because all the action was readable because of all state icon.
But since that part in gw2 is very badly made, you can more or less only rely on particle effect.

So… yeah… As usual Anet do stuff without basic logic or without really take care that much.
( but well its like i think since quite a while, they are not passionated by GW2, its just “their job to get the cash shop & overpriced expansion money” so its more a “whatever as long as its not too bad” instead of “lets do the best game ever” )

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

(edited by E Tan.7385)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

I got an idea. I just wish “someone” else thought of it sooner.

1)Seperate PVP skills(GW1) from the PVE versions(GW1), that way you don’t have to nerf something in pvp and it screws up something that’s fine in pve. Same with WVW.

2)Same with the effects.

a)In PVP, we can shoot each other with BBs, silly string, and microscopic confetti.

b)In PVE, we can shoot Satan’s flaming balls at LEGENDARY Dragons. Because sparklers and bottle rockets just won’t get the job done. Just don’t have it scale as much?

3)Raids?? Give squad leader ability to toggle visual effects down or something, idk.

4)????

5)Profit

Pay me my $200k.

Attachments:

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Jesseii.2097

Jesseii.2097

Let’s farm that archer frame together, at least it won’t be troubled by “visual noise”

hehe, sounds like a good idea to me! ^^’

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

1)Seperate PVP skills(GW1) from the PVE versions(GW1), that way you don’t have to nerf something in pvp and it screws up something that’s fine in pve. Same with WVW.

2)Same with the effects.

a)In PVP, we can shoot each other with BBs, silly string, and microscopic confetti.

b)In PVE, we can shoot Satan’s flaming balls at LEGENDARY Dragons. Because sparklers and bottle rockets just won’t get the job done. Just don’t have it scale as much?

3)Raids?? Give squad leader ability to toggle visual effects down or something, idk.

4)????

5)Profit

Pay me my $200k.

1- you idea will requier xx hour of work, so money usage
2- their """"idea""""" requiered 5min of work, so no money spend = economy
3- players upset ? who care there is enough fanboy to defend GW2 & Anet whatever they do

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

2)Same with the effects.

4)????

5)Profit

Pay me my $200k.

1- you idea will requier xx hour of work, so money usage
2- their """"idea""""" requiered 5min of work, so no money spend = economy
3- players upset ? who care there is enough fanboy to defend GW2 & Anet whatever they do

they already had this kitten half implemented 100 years ago in GW1. the template was there. they had the same problem deciding between pve and pvp in gw1. so they made pvp-only nerfs. problem solved. money usage? i heard they’re flushing $200k down a RL mystic forge.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

hope you mean like that big bus going off the road but does not. honestly this is getting more like pain filled to watch . let alone trying to play the game. it is clear they are not really interested in fixing the game now . all they want is there pvp $200000.000 pot watchers and there esports .

I like a train wreck. Don’t get me wrong I love this game and I’m saddened by the direction things seem to be going.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Warobaz.9543

Warobaz.9543

We already gave’em money, that’s why they won’t care for a long time.
i’m experiencing a complete burnout…

Might enjoy being virtually kitten d by pretty much everything in bloodborne’s dlc.

Norn to be Alive [NtbA]

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

2)Same with the effects.

4)????

5)Profit

Pay me my $200k.

They’ve said no to skill splitting because they think it’d be too confusing for new players. Everything is and will be balanced around SPvP.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Makai.3429

2)Same with the effects.

4)????

5)Profit

Pay me my $200k.

They’ve said no to skill splitting because they think it’d be too confusing for new players. Everything is and will be balanced around SPvP.

Can you provide a quote for this?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Makai.3429