Visual nerfs [Merged]

Visual nerfs [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Surian.3946

Surian.3946

Bump. I’m betting anet didn’t realize the noise they would get from reducing visual noise.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Bump. I’m betting anet didn’t realize the noise they would get from reducing visual noise.

I’m still terribly frustrated by these visual nerfs, but this post made me laugh.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Happy Holidays.

Sad to see we got no response.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Erik the Dauntless.4063

Erik the Dauntless.4063

Happy Holidays.

Sad to see we got no response.

More like..Beyond pathetic at this point… But nonetheless Happy Holidays

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Did they also nerf guardian trap? I know about aura, Wells and fireballs but beyond that….

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

kitten Anet also removed the cloud from Tempest Air overload, now lightnings come from thin air, instead out of the sky…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: VaderCookie.8137

VaderCookie.8137

Did they also nerf guardian trap? I know about aura, Wells and fireballs but beyond that….

Yes. I don’t remember the effects for “Procession of Blades” and “Fragments of Faith” from before the patch but all other traps had their effects nerfed. LB 5 was nerfed as well.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

Nope no one has had the courage to respond yet.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Even after however many weeks its been since Anet screwed up their own visuals, I still don’t get how they could be so ignorant and shortsighted to not see how these nerfs haven’t done anything to help. How can someone like me whom doesn’t work in game development manage to see that the impact particles rather than the projectile is the real culprit for cluttered visuals, but the people at Arenanet who actually make games weren’t able to realize this. It just baffles me.

Hate is Fuel.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Mostly Harmless.7046

Mostly Harmless.7046

Please…. Just give us the option to get our effects back… This is actually impacting my enjoyment of the game.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

Onto 1000

I don’t remember the effects for “Procession of Blades” and “Fragments of Faith” from before the patch but all other traps had their effects nerfed. LB 5 was nerfed as well.

PoB had larger swords, flashier start effect and some kind of magical mist/fire effect while circling faster. Pretty big let down.

Guess im gonna play some witcher 3 or mgs 5 meanwhile.

(edited by NinjaWursti.9627)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

FrostSpectre.4198

Even after however many weeks its been since Anet screwed up their own visuals, I still don’t get how they could be so ignorant and shortsighted to not see how these nerfs haven’t done anything to help. How can someone like me whom doesn’t work in game development manage to see that the impact particles rather than the projectile is the real culprit for cluttered visuals, but the people at Arenanet who actually make games weren’t able to realize this. It just baffles me.

And make them optional by adding graphics options that players can choose if they want to use the gutted graphics…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Taigen Raine.8752

Taigen Raine.8752

I still do not understand how this can have gone on so long, with such a large portion of the players saying they absolutely do not want it, without some sort of option or a full revert until they can put in an option. Anet team supposedly is proud of listening to their players… why is it only when one whines about some other classes feature they don’t like. Oh also, when you DO manage to make a VFX slider, make sure you put all the particle effect shoulders, legendaries (and while your suppressing legendaries lets add the whinnying to that too) and other distracting accessories on there too. For the rare times when I would actually turn it on, it may as well do its job of improving visibility.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Siobhan.5273

I am currently working on my ascended elite spec weapons for my characters. You know, get all the pieces doing a myriad of things- mining with exalted purification unlocked, certain silver adventures, etc.. and the only one I’m not actively working on is my Tempest. I’m almost done with the Herald, Reaper, and Dragonhunter.

For what it’s worth, the only character I haven’t taken into DS to participate in the Mordremoth fight is my Elementalist, and that just makes me sad as there are times I think, “my ele would be good right now!” in certain situations. Unfortunately, I hate the fact that I just built a new system a few months ago mainly to really be able to enjoy the graphics this game has to offer, that character in particular, and it was taken away from me. That really is poopy.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

What kind of “Ball” is this supposed to be? School-bully-poked-kitten-in-your-soccer-ball-kind of ball? This looks beyond stupid. Fix it.

PS:
I seriously cant even type “a … hole” without your chat filter going bonkers? next thing you tell me i cant say poop or call people dummy. holy hell.

(edited by AysonCurrax.3254)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Mostly Harmless.7046

Hello? Anything new on this issue?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

FrostSpectre.4198

Hello? Anything new on this issue?

I’m also hoping that there’s some news about restoring these, and adding graphics options for “visual noise”, but I haven’t heard anything so far.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

They’re probably too busy posting on reddit to post in this thread.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Erik the Dauntless.4063

Erik the Dauntless.4063

Hey, i just found this on the Elementalist sub-forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZqGOKsRMGI

Look at how air scepter skills used to be…. and the rest ofcourse.
I think this is the first time i’ve seen a game developer visually neuter their own game.

And for what? Colin said it wasn’t for PvP…then for what? i was in an Axemaster Gwyrilion fight yesterday and i couldn’t even see the guy, let alone what he was doing…. just saying that these visual nerfs did nothing and i mean absolutly nothing to improve this game.
The only thing you have accomplished with this, is that the elementalist now feels really bland to play/look at… you promoted those prenerf-visuals in your trailers and your points of interest… i can honestly tell you in that department i feel cheated, in that you took something away from the players for wich they paid…stunning visuals and fun.
If i wanted to play something less visually impressive i’d play WoW or another mmo, atleast they have their raiding scene figured out and i know what to expect as far as graphics go.

I think that we are owed an answer that is long overdue, is this what we can expect from you at A-net? more of this “visual noise reduction” in the next months?
If the answer is yes, then i for one won’t be buying any of your upcoming expansions…
I just do’t understand why you refrain from communicating with your playerbase… Is it so hard to put in sliders like many here have suggested?

A severely dissapointed elementalist.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Didn’t Colin already post somewhere that the dev team is working on a visual effects slider? I could swear I saw something like that on the front page or dulfy…

Aha! The culprit ’twas reddit. The relevant excerpt being:

Seeing what’s going on in combat isn’t a PvP problem – it’s a Gw2 problem, and it’s why our teams are trying to address it. I will say last time I saw the backlog of combat visibility cleanup work, the vast majority of stuff was along the lines of what you’re all suggesting below. More programming solutions at the systemic level and going after a lot of the side-FX like noise generated by other players rather than directly impacting your own FX 100% of the time. That’s the type of stuff you should be seeing in the future as this project ramps up, and looking at more options so you can opt into more noise if you want seems pretty logical. Along with that I imagine they will have opportunities to revisit some of the concerns raised here in relation to needing to see stuff that is important and how some FX have now become unreadable that should be, it’s (mostly) great constructive and totally fair feedback imho.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Hey, i just found this on the Elementalist sub-forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZqGOKsRMGI

Look at how air scepter skills used to be…. and the rest ofcourse.
I think this is the first time i’ve seen a game developer visually neuter their own game.

And for what? Colin said it wasn’t for PvP…then for what? i was in an Axemaster Gwyrilion fight yesterday and i couldn’t even see the guy, let alone what he was doing…. just saying that these visual nerfs did nothing and i mean absolutly nothing to improve this game.
The only thing you have accomplished with this, is that the elementalist now feels really bland to play/look at… you promoted those prenerf-visuals in your trailers and your points of interest… i can honestly tell you in that department i feel cheated, in that you took something away from the players for wich they paid…stunning visuals and fun.
If i wanted to play something less visually impressive i’d play WoW or another mmo, atleast they have their raiding scene figured out and i know what to expect as far as graphics go.

I think that we are owed an answer that is long overdue, is this what we can expect from you at A-net? more of this “visual noise reduction” in the next months?
If the answer is yes, then i for one won’t be buying any of your upcoming expansions…
I just do’t understand why you refrain from communicating with your playerbase… Is it so hard to put in sliders like many here have suggested?

A severely dissapointed elementalist.

Oh man the old aura effects, and the old air attunement effects made elementalist feel so powerful. Look at that Ring of Fire!! I forgot how awesome it used to look.

Way to ago arenanet.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: FreakinMatt.1563

FreakinMatt.1563

As everyone has already commented, please revert the change and/or give the option to adjust graphic noise. I’m sure the team invested a lot of time developing the visuals for skills and it is a waste not to allow the option to turn them on/off. They’re really fantastic and I know most people would love to see them available.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Pandaman.4758

As everyone has already commented, please revert the change and/or give the option to adjust graphic noise. I’m sure the team invested a lot of time developing the visuals for skills and it is a waste not to allow the option to turn them on/off. They’re really fantastic and I know most people would love to see them available.

Two posts up.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Siobhan.5273

Folks have quoted and linked to Colin’s Reddit post a few times in this thread:, and then discussed the contents of it, here are just a few examples:

Here on page 10.

Here on page 13.

People are asking for comment here, on these forums, from an ANet employee, on this subject as there is nothing stopping them from posting here as previously speculated about according to this post from Gaile Gray last week:

First let me clear up a few mis-impressions:

No one goes through a review or an approval process in order to post here. No one. I think I recall that years ago a team member mentioned something about approvals, but I do not know what that was about. I can say, though, that as the lead of the forums team today (for the last 15 months) we don’t review or approve posts.

What we are sometimes asked to do it post on behalf of a team. You’ve probably seen me do that recently about game changes, a WvW Sneak Peek, etc.

Sometimes we’re asked to read through a post to see if it makes sense, if it answers the questions, if there are other items that could be included.

Sometimes, someone asks me to give a “word smith” review. (I was a professional editor long before I joined Anet. Editing is something I like to do, and a help I can offer my fellow team members.) This doesn’t involve approval, this simply involves clarity.

Posts can be made where the ArenaNet team member is comfortable posting. No one is required to post. No one is forbidden from posting. I agree with you that sometimes there is info “out there” that I’d like to see on the official forums. In cases where I’m aware of it, I’ll ask the dev if he/she could also post here, or if we could synopsize the external post to share it here. I think it works, for the most part: the team member can post wherever he/she wishes, and we’ll do our best to share info here. (In the case of the concerns in the OP, I agree with Baconomics that we did cover the topic here, and I think we did that even before it was present on reddit.)

It’s true that each forum can have heated moments. Heck, I had a neutral info post buried once. It’s wasn’t personal, and I bear no scars. The fact is, members didn’t like the message and used down votes to “shoot the messenger.” (It was sort of a shame because then the info wasn’t known, which was the whole point of posting, but ah well.)

We don’t have up and down voting here, but people speak their minds, and sometimes that becomes over the top. We want to use moderation in the true sense — in a moderate sense — so we’re not likely to smite every single negative post, and I’m sure you know that. Getting more harsh here to encourage devs to post here is an interesting idea, but I’m not certain it’s good for the community as a whole, nor for the forum atmosphere in general.

ArenaNet doesn’t want to adopt a “post here and only here” approach to communications. I hope you’ll understand and support the inclusiveness of our communicating as being more important than the medium on which something is said.

Edit: Fixing italics.

They’re also asking that this change be reverted until these supposed sliders are actually implemented and not just something “we should be seeing in the future”.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

There has to be a better way to address the you can’t see the thing you are attacking because of all the visual noise than nerfing effects to oblivion so that you don’t even know you are attacking or have an effect on you. I mean the elementalist auras you can’t even tell you have them now because of the nerf to them visually. While despite the nerfs to the elementalist visuals have no changed the fact that you still can’t see what you are attacking because of all the visual noise.

An example of such a situation was in the Megadestroyer. That thing is huge. Yet one or more events had it lit up in an big ball of blinding white light the whole time so you could not tell where exactly it was to attack it. This most certainly is not the fault of the elementalist fire #1 skill or it’s player auras. In fact these visual effects from the elementalist never were a problem. I never even think in these situations where I can’t see what I need to attack that anything elementalist is the problem because I can’t see the elementalist visual effects because all of the other effects that are seen overwhelm the elementalists visual effects.

Perhaps the issue is that certain effects don’t need to have multiples active at the same time or be shown to everyone. For example lets say some attack puts a bubble around the enemy. Then all we need is one bubble to indicate that it is under the effect of that thing. Instead of, what seems to me is the problem, dozens of overlapping bubbles that magnifies the intensity of the visual effect. We don’t need to know that dozens of people hit it with that same glowing bubble attack only that it is under the effects of at least one glowing bubble attack. I think this is the way to look into the problem and address it rather than making visual effects so negligible that you can’t even tell they are there anymore.

Here is another example. Lets say there are dozens of elementalist fire #1 skill attacks being made on a single target. Lets show the normal sized projectile going towards the target but have only a fraction of those attacks show the impact effect. Again I have not seen this specific attack as an issue but simply use it as an example to provide a visualization example. After all considering timing and what not if say 10 attacks are going to impact within one second of each other we only really need one visual impact effect to represent those 10 attacks. As it stands now the amount of visual impact effects that take place have things lit up like a strobe light with one happening every few fractions of a second (in other words 10 or 20 spaced across one second). If there was only one effect to represent all impacts that occur of that type in a one second span then all you have now is one effect of each type every one second or every half second. This should make the target more visible while retaining the epic nature of the amount of people attacking.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

kitten I still can’t believe they havn’t fixed this issue yet…
ArenaNet you broke your game’s visual effects… people hate it… fix it..

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Pandaman.4758

Yeah, no. Be reasonable, Christmas just passed and New Years is coming up, it was a given there was going to be an interruption on work due to the holidays.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Necrum Davengers.3519

Necrum Davengers.3519

Still not response. Ok next expansion or your next game i will don’t care, by a consumer who bought the collector edition for 140 Euro and 3 years of activity in this game. You have done it Arena.net, time to unistall this game!

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Pandaman.4758

Still not response. Ok next expansion or your next game i will don’t care, by a consumer who bought the collector edition for 140 Euro and 3 years of activity in this game. You have done it Arena.net, time to unistall this game!

Colin saying they’re working on options to toggle FX isn’t a response?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Siobhan.5273

Yeah, no. Be reasonable, Christmas just passed and New Years is coming up, it was a given there was going to be an interruption on work due to the holidays.

Yeah, no. You be reasonable. People have been asking for a revert, communication here, anything, for a month. Over 700 posts.They’ve been pretty reasonable. So, yeah, now they’re getting frustrated.

Folks have time off for the holidays. It would have stood to reason players might get a little peeved to log in and read about their graphics getting nerfed, or just discover it themselves to their own dismay while playing. Why couldn’t this have waited till after the holidays? Of course, because at that point, the holidays couldn’t be used as the grand scapegoat as to why folks are not being answered, or where these sliders might be, or when we can expect to see them implemented instead of “should be seeing in the future”. Should and Will are worlds apart, and the lack of communication reeks. How much work is that in the grand scheme of all this? The silence here speaks volumes and none of it is flattering.

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Pandaman.4758

Yeah, no. You be reasonable. People have been asking for a revert, communication here, anything, for a month. Over 700 posts.They’ve been pretty reasonable. So, yeah, now they’re getting frustrated.

Folks have time off for the holidays. It would have stood to reason players might get a little peeved to log in and read about their graphics getting nerfed, or just discover it themselves to their own dismay while playing. Why couldn’t this have waited till after the holidays? Of course, because at that point, the holidays couldn’t be used as the grand scapegoat as to why folks are not being answered, or where these sliders might be, or when we can expect to see them implemented instead of “should be seeing in the future”. Should and Will are worlds apart, and the lack of communication reeks. How much work is that in the grand scheme of all this? The silence here speaks volumes and none of it is flattering.

Looking at the date of the reddit post, it looks like they stopped the visual nerfs after Colin posted (correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t see anything in the patch notes after the aura nerfs on Dec. 1st); while it is annoying that he posted on reddit and not the official forums, it’s still an indicator that they shifted gears from an across-the-board visual nerf to working on FX options after two weeks of feedback.

Given you can’t just drop projects mid-build to start on something new, it’s more than likely they didn’t start working on the new options until a day or two before the last build went live on the 15th, but part of that time would have been taken up by bug fixes, which they were working on up until the 22nd.

Could communication be better? I agree it probably could, but I never studied PR, so I don’t know what kind of considerations go into that. The most I can comment on are programming and project management, and from that perspective I don’t believe they’re taking an inordinate amount of time.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I hope that, if they are indeed working on a slider feature, they at least revert the changes in the meantime.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Siobhan.5273

Looking at the date of the reddit post, it looks like they stopped the visual nerfs after Colin posted (correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t see anything in the patch notes after the aura nerfs on Dec. 1st); while it is annoying that he posted on reddit and not the official forums, it’s still an indicator that they shifted gears from an across-the-board visual nerf to working on FX options after two weeks of feedback.

Given you can’t just drop projects mid-build to start on something new, it’s more than likely they didn’t start working on the new options until a day or two before the last build went live on the 15th, but part of that time would have been taken up by bug fixes, which they were working on up until the 22nd.

Could communication be better? I agree it probably could, but I never studied PR, so I don’t know what kind of considerations go into that. The most I can comment on are programming and project management, and from that perspective I don’t believe they’re taking an inordinate amount of time.

Sorry so long in responding to you. I broke my left hand yesterday and have been taking it easy with ice soaks and such. Your response is appreciated.

You’re correct, so far that I’ve seen, there have been no other visual nerfs since the last batch on Dec. 1st. However, the ones we got on the November 17th patch were such doozies, it would have been fantastic if Colin, or someone, would have seen fit to address the community then. The ire was there, this thread was here. Instead, the nerfs continued in silence, and though I see your point 100% about work having been started, and obviously the aura nerfs were part of a patch ‘package’ so to speak and it’s not easy to just stop an already rolling train (I’m no programmer of any type, I’m lucky if my reformats end up well!) communication of player concerns goes a long, imo.

I truly hope that these sliders really are a work in progress. Unfortunately, I’m beginning to feel like it’s a mushroom feeding technique due to the lack of actual information we’re all receiving on the issue. As many others have pointed out, the need for all of this nerfing made minimal sense, we still have major partical effects.. huge birds.. the PvP tourney tags added on everyone and their brother’s heads (view-able everywhere except PvP it’s been stated, how much sense does that make!?).

It’d be great if ANet could, or would take the time to address their customers here about this. At the end of the day, I know I personally would be a little more giving of some patience and understanding if there was more transparency here, on these forums, about the game I play and support, that I didn’t have to go to Reddit to find.

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Pandaman.4758

Sorry so long in responding to you. I broke my left hand yesterday and have been taking it easy with ice soaks and such. Your response is appreciated.

Ouch, my condolences, hope the break wasn’t too bad

You’re correct, so far that I’ve seen, there have been no other visual nerfs since the last batch on Dec. 1st. However, the ones we got on the November 17th patch were such doozies, it would have been fantastic if Colin, or someone, would have seen fit to address the community then. The ire was there, this thread was here. Instead, the nerfs continued in silence, and though I see your point 100% about work having been started, and obviously the aura nerfs were part of a patch ‘package’ so to speak and it’s not easy to just stop an already rolling train (I’m no programmer of any type, I’m lucky if my reformats end up well!) communication of player concerns goes a long, imo.

I truly hope that these sliders really are a work in progress. Unfortunately, I’m beginning to feel like it’s a mushroom feeding technique due to the lack of actual information we’re all receiving on the issue. As many others have pointed out, the need for all of this nerfing made minimal sense, we still have major partical effects.. huge birds.. the PvP tourney tags added on everyone and their brother’s heads (view-able everywhere except PvP it’s been stated, how much sense does that make!?).

It’d be great if ANet could, or would take the time to address their customers here about this. At the end of the day, I know I personally would be a little more giving of some patience and understanding if there was more transparency here, on these forums, about the game I play and support, that I didn’t have to go to Reddit to find.

Yeah, I understand that, but I think expecting anything during the vacation period is a little pointless since it’s pretty much guaranteed there’s probably only one lonely intern at the office (well, maybe two) and maybe a handful of developers who are hiding from their in-laws by staying at work.

I fully support just complaining about it though, it was a dumb idea to start nerfing the effects like that and the communication certainly does leave something to be desired (I’ve seen worse, but even in that case they didn’t neglect to repeat anything written in twitter posts on the main forums). If nothing else, at least don’t make us run around three or four different sources to scrounge for information.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

I like how your post implies that if they put any new visual nerfs since the last one we’ll have every right to blow it up on their faces.

I’m still far from content with this situation, as I feel it’s pretty much a bait and switch (it’s on the kittening trailer god kitten it) and Anet communication team is as effective as drunken owl carriers sending letters from the Earth to Mars, but I realise programming a particle effect slider is more complicated than it sounds, and the team is on holidays, so I’ll wait patiently and see how this goes. Thanks for giving such an in-depth comment to this thread though, happy holidays!

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Yes, we realize that this is a bad time of year to get anything done. Everyone does. That’s why they should have tasked someone with putting up an official response, here on the official forums. Before everyone left for the holidays.
Or better yet, don’t start a project like this right before the holidays. There would be no reason to do that except, oh wait… the esports tournament, which they swear that these visual nerfs are unrelated to.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s going to be strange to see auras again now that we’re all used to not seeing them.

It shouldn’t take that long to change the transparency on auras from 2% to 15%, the new shape is fine. I would expect them to be fixed in the next Jan patch.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Siobhan.5273

Ouch, my condolences, hope the break wasn’t too bad

Thank you. Oh, I did myself in alright! “Boxers fracture”. But, the right part of my left hand is functional, so I’m able to T-Rex stuff with my thumb and first 2 fingers. It’s a little funny looking.

Yeah, I understand that, but I think expecting anything during the vacation period is a little pointless since it’s pretty much guaranteed there’s probably only one lonely intern at the office (well, maybe two) and maybe a handful of developers who are hiding from their in-laws by staying at work.

I fully support just complaining about it though, it was a dumb idea to start nerfing the effects like that and the communication certainly does leave something to be desired (I’ve seen worse, but even in that case they didn’t neglect to repeat anything written in twitter posts on the main forums). If nothing else, at least don’t make us run around three or four different sources to scrounge for information.

I was running around yesterday on my Necro trying my darndest to get the last few mastery points I need to finish up my Maguuma mastery to unlock Chak poison (I need 10 more, and am horrid at those adventures) when someone’s aura wound up on my character. This thin line of… of.. I had to do a double take. It took me a second to realize what it was.

I just talked my adult daughter into downloading GW2. She wanted to try an Ele to start. I talked her into Necro instead. She has made it to level 10, and I’ll meet up with her tonight to show her around some. Perhaps she’ll like the game and stay and buy the client. However, she’s into graphics and I think she won’t be thrilled to see what the Ele graphics were and what they are, she’ll worry more changes are to come across the board. I hope those sliders come soon, and the communication comes sooner. Vacay ends Monday most places, so we’ll see.

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Arkanthor.2307

Arkanthor.2307

It´s so sad to see that those beautiful effects we once had are being gutted like this. And even sadder because these changes didn´t do any good in any aspect.

Thanks to my illusions this combat is nothing but a stage scene.
You should prepare for your great finale.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Dexlmentia.7391

Dexlmentia.7391

That sucking sound you’ll hear in a few months is Black Desert Online going live in NA before Anet bothers to do anything about this issue. Even if they do introduce FX sliders there’s no guarantee the original effects will be fully restored.

Maybe after the exodus Anet will admit their colossal screw-up. Nah… who am I kidding?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Arkanthor.2307

Arkanthor.2307

It’s going to be strange to see auras again now that we’re all used to not seeing them.

It shouldn’t take that long to change the transparency on auras from 2% to 15%, the new shape is fine. I would expect them to be fixed in the next Jan patch.

True, the auras are almost invisible. I´ve been called a hacker becasue people couldn´t see my magentic aura on (people are still not used to looking at buff bars).

Thanks to my illusions this combat is nothing but a stage scene.
You should prepare for your great finale.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

Hirosama Nadasaki.6792

True, the auras are almost invisible. I´ve been called a hacker becasue people couldn´t see my magentic aura on (people are still not used to looking at buff bars).

Now that auras are nearly invisible, it’s a lot easier to see the movements and tells of enemies with auras…but you have to look at the buff bar to see if and when he has an aura, which means you won’t be looking at the enemy anyway!

DEEZ LOGIC? HA, GOTTEM!

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Kholdstare.9608

Kholdstare.9608

If I could find even one guy that wanted these changes, I’d make an effort to understand the reasons.

But I can’t find a single person who thinks this is a positive change. The feedback is overwhelmingly, even uniformly negative. I can’t comprehend why it hasn’t been reverted, given a menu slider, or even A RESPONSE FROM A DEV. The beautiful game I loved is being sabotaged from within. This sucks.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

If I could find even one guy that wanted these changes, I’d make an effort to understand the reasons.

But I can’t find a single person who thinks this is a positive change. The feedback is overwhelmingly, even uniformly negative. I can’t comprehend why it hasn’t been reverted, given a menu slider, or even A RESPONSE FROM A DEV. The beautiful game I loved is being sabotaged from within. This sucks.

Totally legit. I think this game still has too much “visual noise”. In raid groups or large zergs on world bosses. All I see is a visual cacophony of pointlessness.

Edit: I will even add that I would like even less visual effects than the game currently has. This has, what should be a simple solution. A little slider that lets us plays adjust it so it is how we would prefer it!

(edited by BloodyNine.7504)

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I took a break from these forums for three or so weeks and on returning, I’m stunned that this thread is still going and there still hasn’t been any communication from anet. Then I think about that and I’m stunned that I’m stunned by that.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: RiceWithSticks.4096

RiceWithSticks.4096

I took a break from these forums for three or so weeks and on returning, I’m stunned that this thread is still going and there still hasn’t been any communication from anet. Then I think about that and I’m stunned that I’m stunned by that.

I guess something is preventing them from communicating through their official forums so they have to resort to using reddit.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Or they could have given us a slider option right out of the gate BEFORE the visual nerfs, but I guess that’s just far to kitten logical.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

So do you guys think this will be restored like the Personal Story was when that was once butchered?

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: I think this game still has too much “visual noise”. In raid groups or large zergs on world bosses. – It most certainly does. Because what they’ve done so far does not really address the issue. It requires a proper fix. Which would include player adjustable settings, so that each player can adjust their graphics to suit their taste/needs.

Visual nerfs [Merged]

Mostly Harmless.7046

So much time without a proper answer… I feel so discouraged…