in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Windrunner.8769

Windrunner.8769

or how about the ability to dye the wings the color you like? PUHLEEEEZE!!!! ty

WINGS!

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

Really need more of these, probably my first positive forum post this year, awesome, reminds me of Aion. Now we need more colors <3

WINGS!

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

By the pubic hair of Zeus, just went in-game for the first time since these came out and as I thought, total immersion break-down.

I’m talking 10 foot high purple armored Norn and fluro armored Char…with huge screen clogging black wings that make absolutely no sense and stick out like a sore thumb.

Thx Anet. Looks like every second toon has been created by a 3 year old face mashing every character creation choice ad nauseum.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

WINGS!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

By the pubic hair of Zeus, just went in-game for the first time since these came out and as I thought, total immersion break-down.

I’m talking 10 foot high purple armored Norn and fluro armored Char…with huge screen clogging black wings that make absolutely no sense and stick out like a sore thumb.

Thx Anet. Looks like every second toon has been created by a 3 year old face mashing every character creation choice ad nauseum.

ANet looks up from counting the day’s loot and says, “You’re welcome. Farming players is usually much harder but we got a bunch of loot bags dropped today from them”.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

WINGS!

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

I think they’re lovely. Congrats to those who have them!

Compliments to whoever designed them!

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

WINGS!

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

ANet looks up from counting the day’s loot and says, “You’re welcome.”

Sadly 110% accurate.

Next week a Ghostbusters proton pack…then a Boba Fett jet rocket…then a Captain America shield….

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

(edited by fireflyry.7023)

WINGS!

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Can’t wait to get rid of those.

Why would you get rid of the superior non-lore-breaking wings?

Because they are small, made of light so not quite real wings (althou I wish new ones had some glow), their angle looks weird to me and the tips are horrible. But then again, until we get white ones (if we do) those suit my needs better. This is all personal opinion of course.

WINGS!

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

I bought them because I may integrate them into my human revenant and they look great on humans. Too bad they are so kitten low on asuran backs. Looks like their spine has sprouted wings, instead of their shoulderblades.

WINGS!

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

This just makes me miss the wings in CoH.

It really does… ;-;

Once upon a time I tried to put a little Guild Wars into CoH. This was one of the results: a ruby djinn, more or less. These new GW2 wings are nice, sure, and would be nicer if they weren’t just black, because with white or even gold I could kinda sorta almost pretend one of my warriors was a paragon, but even so…

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

WINGS!

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

People actually pay gems to look like the monkeys from Wizard of Oz??

Attachments:

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

WINGS!

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

So back on page 2 I had some pretty harsh things to say. Now I must eat some of those words.

It occurred to me this morning that I habitually run at almost minimum vid quality in game to fight performance issues in WvW during zerg battles. I clicked the Best Appearance button in DR and looked around this morning.

I)They still are not the black I would wish but no longer a dark gray.
2) Animation, when standing around, subtle but adequate.
3) Texture/dimensionality is a Lot Better, probably higher shaders and post processing. Not as good as I would like but much better than at zero/minimums.

They still move badly when running,/fighting imo, and the appearance is still not quite what I would want so I still would not buy them, but they are not that bad and look very good on some of the characters I saw.

WINGS!

Posted by: lord nuitari.2415

lord nuitari.2415

They’re too big.
They’re actually dark grey not black.
Everybody and their Mom is getting them.
Game looks like a cookie-cutter Korean game atm.
No thanks.

Ya some of the stuff they’ve added to this game is ridiculous. Super sayian charr hair, neon colored hair, these wings and the list goes on. Makes me wonder if I’m still in Tyria anymore…

I have to agree with this one. I left that last game that had these wings, now I feel like I’m right back there. Everyone’s wearing them and frankly it looks ridiculous.

What exactly do they have to do with Tyria? Where’s the lore behind these?

It reminds me of a Korean game I used to play a few years ago. Desperate for cash game, they actually came up with all kinds of wing models and sizes, the thing was that the game didn’t really have a lore to talk about. That, and also, the fact that with those wings you could, you know, FLY.

I wonder about all the models of gliders that will show up in gemstore in HoT now.

If those are the wings from then game the game is Pwi(Perfect world international) which is Chinese not Korean. But yes desperate for cash is good way to describe that pay to win

WINGS!

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I love my wings. They’re huge and ridiculous and wonderful and make me very happy

WINGS!

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

People actually pay gems to look like the monkeys from Wizard of Oz??

I don’t know why you’re jumping on that bandwagon. I felt like Jin from Tekken with my color theme.

Attachments:

Pineapples

WINGS!

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Screw anet for not realizing some people have work and stuff. I wanted these and just found out they are not being sold any longer… selling something like this for one day only is ridiculous.

WINGS!

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Screw anet for not realizing some people have work and stuff. I wanted these and just found out they are not being sold any longer… selling something like this for one day only is ridiculous.

That’s strange, I work 11 hours a day and have a two hour commute, yet I managed to get a set of wings.

WINGS!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I get it!

This is the response of Anet to the Hobosack problem. They hope every Engie buy them now to hide their backpack shame.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

WINGS!

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

I actually haven’t seen as many people with them as I thought I would.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

WINGS!

Posted by: proofen.7281

proofen.7281

I love my wings!

Attachments:

WINGS!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They look really good on some chars, depending on their look. For me, I bought one even though I don’t have a char it looks good on. I’ll save it for when I wear the Lich outfit, for old time’s sakes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

WINGS!

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

It’s unfortunate I didn’t have my halo on.

Attachments:

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

WINGS!

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

My best friend bought me these for my birthday and I love it. My norn is so pretty with them.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella