Want the human female animations back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

No. They aren’t going to fix it. I’m not going to stop asking for a dev post either.

There was a developer post, in the main thread that was discussing this. I will quote it here:

‘This bug has been reported and is currently under investigation. Thanks for your reports, everybody.’ ~Mark Katzbac

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Female-human-only-has-1-animation-now/page/2

Page #2

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I will see if I can follow up on this. I may not get an answer today, since it’s Friday night, but I will see if there’s any info on this to share.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I will see if I can follow up on this. I may not get an answer today, since it’s Friday night, but I will see if there’s any info on this to share.

Thank you very much; have a good weekend!

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

reason i dont play human female any more is her death voice its very irritating

action combat made mmos better lol

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Awesome! I was getting worried at how long this has been going on with so little response. You’re tops in my book, Gaile!

reason i dont play human female any more is her death voice its very irritating

Hmm…I guess I don’t die often enough to notice.

EDIT: YAY! While taking the screen cap I noticed that the camera rotation when dead has been fixed (removed again) finally!

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Niteraven.1372

Niteraven.1372

I feel there would be so many people happy again if this was brought back into the game as it was.

“When I was your age, progeny, we used 20 sided dice.. and we LIKED it!!!” ~~ Berddi

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Wouldn’t that be too confusing for new players?

Posted by: Lomopop.7028

Lomopop.7028

I’m so glad those animations are gone. I really hope they never fix this bug. That tacky female stretch was completely immersion breaking every time I saw it, and I hope I never have to see it again.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I’m so glad those animations are gone. I really hope they never fix this bug. That tacky female stretch was completely immersion breaking every time I saw it, and I hope I never have to see it again.

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. Immersion breaking? I guess I forgot that humans never stretch.

Or words to that effect.

Lomopop.7028

Most women don’t stretch the way the female human toons did in this game. The animation used in this game is a totally cheesy boobs thrust out stretch created purely as fan service to tween boys. Since I’m not a tween boy, yeah, it’s immersion breaking. Especially in an LS scene where something serious is happening.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Most women don’t stretch the way the female human toons did in This game. The animation used in this game is a totally cheesy boobs thrust out stretch created purely as fan service to tween boys. Since I’m not a tween boy, yeah, it’s immersion breaking. Especially in an LS scene where something serious is happening.

But….but…..but….. the boobies. We want boobies! (just kidding lol…….well kinda… I’m just a man!)

Necromancer Main

Lomopop.7028

Most women don’t stretch the way the female human toons did in This game. The animation used in this game is a totally cheesy boobs thrust out stretch created purely as fan service to tween boys. Since I’m not a tween boy, yeah, it’s immersion breaking. Especially in an LS scene where something serious is happening.

But….but…..but….. the boobies. We want boobies! (just kidding lol…….well kinda… I’m just a man!)

Lol, there are plenty of boobs to be seen in this game, especially with female light armour. Since boobs aren’t what I want to remember most about my character, I’d rather not have the repeatedly thrust in my face

Labjax.2465

Most women don’t stretch the way the female human toons did in this game. The animation used in this game is a totally cheesy boobs thrust out stretch created purely as fan service to tween boys. Since I’m not a tween boy, yeah, it’s immersion breaking. Especially in an LS scene where something serious is happening.

You’ve never seen someone do a chest-thrusting stretch before? :S

Go try it right now. It’s just a natural way of stretching parts of your body.

Honestly, I have to wonder whether you aren’t a bit boob-focused yourself if you’ve noticed it enough to care.

Or words to that effect.

Zoso.8279

You’ve never seen someone do a chest-thrusting stretch before? :S

Go try it right now. It’s just a natural way of stretching parts of your body.

Honestly, I have to wonder whether you aren’t a bit boob-focused yourself if you’ve noticed it enough to care.

Yeah i’ve tried to do it IRL but I just don’t get the attention that women get….. Must be the facial hair.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

The stretching thing I can almost see as being inappropriate (if you really want to be that picky). However, there is also a perfectly good kick-dirt animation missing.

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

They said they’re looking into it months ago…yet there is still no fix for it. I want this animation back but I don’t think anything is going to be done about it for many months more just how bug for bags has been going on for months and months, people complain yet nothing is being done about it.

Mesmerizing

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Someone have some issues. Boob thrust, immersion breaking. Jezus. I like boobs, but i never saw it that way. It’s just a very feminine and beautiful animation, what exactly is wrong with that.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

As I’ve just finished my last suspension, I’ll refrain from calling names.

I’ll just say that I’d love those beautiful animations to enrich Tyria once again.

Thank you.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Yenrah.8532

Yenrah.8532

Believe it or not, I have boobs of my own and I have absolutely no need for anyone else’s boobs whatsoever, and I still want this animation back. Like wasted said, it was simply beautiful and feminine, and it used to make the character look alive. Look at any women that is forced to stand in one place (like your char is when you afk) and you will see that she definitely does something. She’s slowly getting bored, she looks around, changes position. She doesn’t stand there there like a stick.

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Whether or not that is the case I won’t comment on.

But saying “it’s immersion breaking. Especially in an LS scene where something serious is happening.” in a game where apparently sparkles and particle effects are thrown at you at every corner and you can show off how rich you are by how much you glow, I can hardly take anything of the LS scene or story in this game “seriously” xD

Posted by: phoenix.3465

phoenix.3465

ugh, feminine and beautiful? I’m a death dealing machine of destruction and sorrow, I don’t wanna be “beautiful”. I wish I had the Norn animations on my humans tbh.

Posted by: Yenrah.8532

Yenrah.8532

Than why didn’t you create a Norn? Many of us chose to create human females because of this animation. You had a choice, too.

Posted by: phoenix.3465

phoenix.3465

Oh I have a Norn, I just wish we had a choice of animations. Seems the models are rigged to support both types of anims, hmm maybe they should add another category in the wardrobe for that!

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I hope they’ll bring the old animations back for the human female, since now days she’s running as a robot, standing like a robot...!
Even the human male is more sexy with their runstyle and standing position! Which is also a good thing

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I can hardly take anything of the LS scene or story in this game “seriously” xD

There’s PS too.

What about the part at the end of Claw Island where you all hop on that ship and it lowers a row of 15 invisible 250s (motors) into the water and takes off at full speed without causing any wake?

I’m sure EVERYONE was stretching after that trip. Spines and shoulders nearly locked up from clenching for dear life onto the barrels in aft storage.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Zoso.8279

Oh I have a Norn, I just wish we had a choice of animations. Seems the models are rigged to support both types of anims, hmm maybe they should add another category in the wardrobe for that!

You think ANET can do that? The idea actually reminds me of the new Sim 4 game where you can have different types of walking styles. Im a Sims fan it would be cool to add deferent standing animations in GW2. It would take the customization to a whole different level. Lol I can imagine a toon standing with a wimpy animation and another “standing tall” its a fun idea to be honest!

Necromancer Main

Hamfast.8719

That tacky female stretch was completely immersion breaking every time I saw it, and I hope I never have to see it again.

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not.

He’s trolling you, but it did bump the thread again. So a big “Thank you!” goes out to Lomopop.

He’s completely immersed in the game; he is “Pete Moss”, Sylvari Ranger extraordinaire! Hmm… there’s a female human over there. She’s standing still… she’s standing still… she’s stand… OH! She’s stretching!

Now where was I? Dang it! I forgot what I was doing! Guess I’ll just have to start over. Stupid game!

If you ask me, that’s a stretch of the imagination.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

ugh, feminine and beautiful? I’m a death dealing machine of destruction and sorrow, I don’t wanna be “beautiful”. I wish I had the Norn animations on my humans tbh.

Well, there are those horned fuzzballs called charrs, more often that not they look more like garbage collectors to me rather than death dealing machines, but you know, nothing’s perfect, they might suit your blood thirsty needs. And anyway, that was an idle, afk animation, even death dealing machines don’t deal death 24/7, do they? They should have some time off.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I would like a DEV post on this.. and NOT from somebody in “Community Special Operations”.

Hello from Community Live Experience Special Support Relations,

We don’t have any estimate when this problem will be fixed. We are working very hard and are committed to our community. This discussion is not helpful, so I’m going to lock the thread.

Kind regards

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

How can this be a ‘bug’ – the programming for every character is probably controlled by a series of procedures with certain events triggering animations. When a character is at rest it will after a predetermined time go into a animated loop of actions to give it the appearance of life. The code is the same for every character so it’s hardly a bug now – as the only difference would be a animation which has to be ‘called’ and ‘executed’ to provide the required effects. Why not simply tell us ArenaNET that (as has been suspected) your Asian releases have been scrutinized and pretty silly complaints made. If there is any truth to this why not simply check for country of origin for any given human female character and prevent animations (if allegedly you feel that strongly about it) or allow them. Personally, I will admit that this is suspicious but this is the 21st Century and what possible harm or offence could anyone in any country take? I mean, it’s not exactly the ghost of Michael Jackson grabbing his nether regions now, is it?

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

If the Eternal Alchemoose has survived this long, I’m sure these animations can make a come back too.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

My character is driftwood until this gets fixed.

May as well also correct the YEAR LONG running animation screw up. NPCs are lucky enough to have it but we aren’t.

Wishful thinking.

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

Another vote for bringing it back please, even though I play a female Sylvari. Personally I think it is one of those little touches that adds to the game.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

I honestly have never seen the difference between the “old” and “new” running animations, but I admittedly don’t like playing human characters despite having two of them. The idle animations would be nice to have back.

Eyes on the two-handed weapons, please. ^.^

animation „new“: front
animation „new“: hammer
animation „new“: greatsword

animation „old“: front
animation „old“: hammer
animation „old“: greatsword

Posted by: Ltomato.8649

Ltomato.8649

Yes, it would be great to get an update on this! Thank you!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I honestly have never seen the difference between the “old” and “new” running animations, but I admittedly don’t like playing human characters despite having two of them. The idle animations would be nice to have back.

watched both several times…nope. Still don’t see it. But there’s apparently something there for so many people to be complaining. Just because I don’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there. I even put the videos side by side and I don’t see a difference. not in the pacing of the feet, swinging of the arms, the way the weapon moves…I don’t see what you’re seeing.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

watched both several times…nope. Still don’t see it. But there’s apparently something there for so many people to be complaining. Just because I don’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there. I even put the videos side by side and I don’t see a difference. not in the pacing of the feet, swinging of the arms, the way the weapon moves…I don’t see what you’re seeing.

Your not the only one that doesn’t see it I don’t either!

I do however miss the female animations those I do miss, sometimes I like just chilling somewhere and just watching players go by and its certainly feels like there is something missing.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Nifaea.9216

Nifaea.9216

How can this be a ‘bug’ – the programming for every character is probably controlled by a series of procedures with certain events triggering animations. When a character is at rest it will after a predetermined time go into a animated loop of actions to give it the appearance of life. The code is the same for every character so it’s hardly a bug now – as the only difference would be a animation which has to be ‘called’ and ‘executed’ to provide the required effects. Why not simply tell us ArenaNET that (as has been suspected) your Asian releases have been scrutinized and pretty silly complaints made. If there is any truth to this why not simply check for country of origin for any given human female character and prevent animations (if allegedly you feel that strongly about it) or allow them. Personally, I will admit that this is suspicious but this is the 21st Century and what possible harm or offence could anyone in any country take? I mean, it’s not exactly the ghost of Michael Jackson grabbing his nether regions now, is it?

This has been my suspicion with each and every bug fix patch that comes out since Feature Pack 2. They must have been DELIBERATELY working in the section of code to turn these animations off. Is there any way this could have been caused if they had been working on code for say…a karma event?

Also, if this is indeed to keep NA in line with China’s culture is it not a case of imposing their culture (China) onto others (NA)? Why not keep animation settings separate for each region if they feel so strongly about it to warrant a removal.

Posted by: havellian.4073

havellian.4073

I like how people find a way to blame some asian country for all the problems in their lives. If there is a source that notes the change was due to China, I’d like to see it. Otherwise your allegations are just a lazy attempt at finding a scapegoat.

On topic, animations need to come back if only to provide some variety to the boring every couple seconds look right > right > left loop. It baffles me why anet chooses to continually remove things that people liked about the game.

In addition, the running animation change needs to be addressed. Why does my character feel the need to run like a robot. She does not have huge bulging lats, so why does she have to carry her arms out so far to the sides while running? Would be curious as to Dev reasoning for change

aerial.7021

Personally, I will admit that this is suspicious but this is the 21st Century and what possible harm or offence could anyone in any country take? I mean, it’s not exactly the ghost of Michael Jackson grabbing his nether regions now, is it?

Oh you’d be surprised (I’m sure you’ve heard the stories), if not well there are women of a certain nationality that are not allowed to show there face in public, and if they dressed like we do in game and stretched like that? well that would be a stoning and not just for the dress, and I’m not even kidding! I wish I was but its the truth, in this 21st century which we feel so ‘civilized’, there are still some sections of humanity for want of better terminology living like cave men.

Labjax.2465

You know, I’ve never taken the time to talk about it, but I scratch my head every time someone insinuates that Anet is seeing mistakes due to Kongzhong’s choices. Unless there’s some “all-English” standard for programming that I’m not aware of, I don’t see at all why Anet would use the same code as Kongzhong. Wouldn’t their variable names and so on use Chinese characters? :S

For someone who knows a thing or two about programming, it sounds like such a nightmarishly impractical notion from the get-go.

In fact, I distinctly remember someone (Colin I think?) mentioning that concerning the NPE, both they (Anet) and Kongzhong noticed problems with retention and came to similar conclusions with testing. So although they undoubtedly talk to each other some to keep the game going in a similar direction in both countries, I’m pretty sure it’s absurd to think that they’re just copying each other straight up.

I find it way easier to believe that some of the code is simply poorly structured (sorry programmers) and prone to having one thing cause a problem with another.

Or words to that effect.

Hamfast.8719

How’d it go yesterday (Monday), Gaile? Did you find out what the holdup is on addressing this? We would really love to see the animations restored!

Posted by: Wulfy.1785

Wulfy.1785

Believe it or not, I have boobs of my own and I have absolutely no need for anyone else’s boobs whatsoever, and I still want this animation back. Like wasted said, it was simply beautiful and feminine, and it used to make the character look alive. Look at any women that is forced to stand in one place (like your char is when you afk) and you will see that she definitely does something. She’s slowly getting bored, she looks around, changes position. She doesn’t stand there there like a stick.

/signed – I too have my very own set of the “twins”, but I still loved the animation, made me think of when I wake up in the morning and have a good stretch. Please, please bring it back.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Pay attention to the shoulder plates.

Notice the arms are either being swung more or at a different angle. The shoulders are clipping the weapons on the character’s back.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Hamfast.8719

As a concerned parent, I questioned the “Teen” rating of Guild Wars 2 when I first saw the human female stretching animation. The blatant thrusting forth of the bosom, the tightening of fabric as the elbows went above the shoulders, the… oh, nevermind. I’ll come back to this later. My daughter is watching a Disney Princess movie right now and needs to be supervised…

Attachments:

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

Apologies on not spotting this earlier, but I had to re-read the entire thread to spot it – but as Kamui.4038 states, the female animations which everyone is discussing here still in place in the game but reserved now for NPCs. If this is the case, surely it follows that the animations have not been deemed offensive to the Asian market and maybe, just maybe are bugged as suggested although I still find this very hard to accept. If they were bugged, surely the human female would have no animations at all. You have pretty competent coders there, ArenaNET and I’m sure the core code is well known to them so how can this be happening?

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

There were two animations discussed, the major concern is about the idle animation which is gone. The old running animation is still in game.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Also need the original female walking animation back. How long has that been gone now? A year?

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I’m not sure i prefer the old one actually, it has that certain hopping that is just unnecessary in my opinion.

aerial.7021

It would be nice (not that I am expecting) but it would be enlightening for us users to get some sort of detail on how this actually accrued, without naming names of the individual dev that ‘presumably’ made this horrendous oversight.

On the flip side, ArenaNET can take pride in the fact that yes we do pay attention to all those small details you put in, or leave out and all of them have value.