Wardrobe/Costume Question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vpy.6183

vpy.6183

My guardian is a char and he looks pretty awkward in his animation

I would like to know whether I can purchase a wardrobe/costume appearance either in trading post or via gems that can make my toon like a human (or humanoid)

Is this possible ?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No such service exists. Various tonics are available in game, however I am unaware of any that change the skin of your race to another of the main races. There is one to make you look like a Kodan though if that helps.

Here is the list of tonics in case any work for you, altho virtually none allow access to skills.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tonic

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Arenanet has stated (repeatedly) that there will not be a ‘race change’ available in GW2.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Arenanet has stated (repeatedly) that there will not be a ‘race change’ available in GW2.

No they have not (ever).

They have stated that because of the work it would require to make new systems to carry over equivalent progress between the characters that they are not currently going, nor have any current plans, to work on a race change.

Can ANet not, ever, say that they are “not working” on something and not have sweeping overblown assumptive misquotes made by the playerbase about the subject?

Nonetheless, I wouldn’t count on it OP, since nearly all of the game story content, achievements, cosmetics, and even the top tier of gear are all account bound; it is very easy to delete and recreate a character, get them to level 80, and gear them up; having lost basically nothing but map completion progress and whatever your current personal story step was.

Delete/remake is likely to remain this games version of a race change, and in the case that you want to keep your characters name, it is reserved for 24 hours after deletion.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Can ANet not, ever, say that they are “not working” on something and not have sweeping overblown assumptive misquotes made by the playerbase about the subject?

No.

(To be fair, it’s not the “playerbase” — it’s just some people.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No they have not (ever).

They have stated that because of the work it would require to make new systems to carry over equivalent progress between the characters that they are not currently going, nor have any current plans, to work on a race change.

Nonetheless, I wouldn’t count on it OP, since nearly all of the game story content, achievements, cosmetics, and even the top tier of gear are all account bound; it is very easy to delete and recreate a character, get them to level 80, and gear them up; having lost basically nothing but map completion progress and whatever your current personal story step was.

Delete/remake is likely to remain this games version of a race change, and in the case that you want to keep your characters name, it is reserved for 24 hours after deletion.

At one point ANet did say race changes “will not be an option”

Source
Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

As well as these quotes that only specified current policy

1) I am afraid that the team does contemplate different possibilities and new features for the future but this one is not among those. Source
2) There are a lot of far-reaching consequences of allowing one character to play through every race’s personal story or equip any cultural armor/weapons. For now, we feel that it would take away from the experience of Guild Wars 2 for the majority of players. Source

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

No they have not (ever).

At one point ANet did say race changes “will not be an option”

Source
Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2.

As well as these quotes that only specified current policy

1) I am afraid that the team does contemplate different possibilities and new features for the future but this one is not among those. Source
2) There are a lot of far-reaching consequences of allowing one character to play through every race’s personal story or equip any cultural armor/weapons. For now, we feel that it would take away from the experience of Guild Wars 2 for the majority of players. Source

^ This.

Hate is Fuel.