Wardrobe and Minis

Wardrobe and Minis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/miniatures-and-finishers-in-your-account-wardrobe/

“Account-unlocked minis can be equipped and swapped as part of your character by left-clicking them. "

" When shown, minis will appear next to you in every map you travel to with no further work necessary to deploy them."

Anet does listen.

Much <3 here. Thank you!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I like it! It all sounds very cool! Well done, ArenaNet. =)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Sounds good. Now transfer that concept on other account-bound items, too, please (Infinite-SAB-coin, infinite gathering tools, …).

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The gathering tools might be a bit much to ask of them. Something like this would remove any additional incentive to purchase more than one set, which isn’t good for their bottom line.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m putting a gold or two into Mini’s, because I can see them going up in price the next few days.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

People might actually starting caring about collecting minis now…sounds like a good time to invest in the market. =P

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

But will my dolyak finishers be unlimited now? or are they still 250 uses??

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

omg finally
my SAB minis will now follow me everywhere instead of rotting in my bank

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I like most changes. Finally we can preview things without googling or dulfying Non-collectable minis seem like a good compromise to me for the added functionality.

What I really hope for though is that they fix mini’s speed so that they don’t lose you every time you start walking

20 level 80s and counting.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m so excited about the minis changes, and even more excited that last weekend when I gambled for a mini largos and got one, I decided to keep it.

I have so many great mini’s I can’t wait to show off!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I will admit these are nice Quality of Life changes, but… Sadfaces.

Teh Ouchies

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

I LOVE those changes. But I would love it even more, if they made the minis little bigger and made them so they are close to the character, just like in the preview panel, so they aren’t 5 metres behind.

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They weren’t kidding that this week would appeal to veterans more. The only downside I see is that now one can’t use a mini a while and then sell it unless one is willing to keep it in inventory, since the bank slot for it will vanish when it’s pulled out. Nor can one trade it back and forth. A minor concern, but now Pamela the Cat (a lesser RP character in my story) will have to find a permanent home for sure

All in all this looks very well thought out.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Was this what Arena Net thought would be perfect for veteran players?

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Ha cool, now I might even be interested in displaying or obtaining a mini now and then, it’s a part of the game that I never really checked out before. :-)

What would be rrrrrrrreally excellent, is if we one day received unidentified mini’s (that should be a thing!) in exchange for our Queen Jennah harems, like with the dyes. :-P

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It’s just the first post of the week.

Still, a lot of people do like it. It is something we have asked and asked for.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Everything sounds good, except that they also put the “locked” gem store skins in your wardrobe, as if to say “you know you could have this right? just buy it with real money! We’ll remind you every time you press ‘h’ to buy this! Just buy some gems guys! please!”

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Nice changes, can’t really complain about them………………but I still can’t say I’m excited about anything so far except the sPVP armor.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Great change to minis. Now please do the same for toys (Broomstick, tunneling toy, executioner’s axe, etc.).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I think that this is the best future in whole patch.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Apparently you’re not aware at how much some of this has been requested. It’s a pretty big thing for a lot of people. Not me, mind you, but a lot of people.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I like it, but I hate one very big thing:

I hate that to unlock a mini, you have to destroy that minipet.

This has huge ramifications on the exclusivity of minipets. It means that in order to unlock a mini, you have to completely remove it from the game. This will cause all mini markets to run short on supply and eventually spike to ridiculous prices. Some minis will become more valuable than precursors as a result of this, as they were already valued at hundreds of gold BEFORE they were being destroyed and removed from the market.

I believe minipets should be treated more like an item that goes in a slot, NOT a skin that you unlock and remove from the world. A minipet slot is a great idea because you buy the mini, and can then equip it, and it does all of the cool things it would do with unlocking except that if you ever tired of that minipet, you could then deposit it and pick out another one (or sell it if you really tired of it). This made minis more available and an item that more players could enjoy. By making them unlocked, you will damage supply of minipets irresponsibly and ultimately make them less available to new players who might really think a Skritt Bottle Lobber is cute, but can’t afford the future price tag of the item because of the supply being eaten up more than it is already via forging.

In this regard, I implore ANet to reconsider the way they’re implementing these changes. Once they go live in this form, they will seriously hurt minipets’ accessibility.

Thanks for the changes otherwise.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Wardrobe and Minis

Telemin.7380

Apparently you’re not aware at how much some of this has been requested. It’s a pretty big thing for a lot of people. Not me, mind you, but a lot of people.

But as it has been said many times on these forums, the majority of the player base does not frequent the forums. It has been requested, yes. They listened, yes. But for the majority of the player base that does not frequent these forums, will it help retain them?

Teh Ouchies

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

This is a great little update. Hopefully they keep on improving the wardrobe system. For example there have been some posts in the past regarding how the UI could be improved by attaching consumable items to it (easy to access, always with you).

I made a thread several months ago (link to the post) with an idea (probably not a unique idea but anyway) in which I thought it would be cool if different gem store consumables would be accessible via simple UI. As an example makeover kits, repair canisters, boosters etc. would be available via UI.

These changes are looking promising. Hopefully more is coming

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Meh, I don’t really care about minis or finishers.

However, I am wondering how they will handle the stacks of Queen Jennah and Risen Priest of Balthazar account-bound minis, and how stacks of single-use finishers (dolyak, etc) will get converted.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

It’s nice and all. All that’s left is to take it one step further by ensuring that if we have a mini enabled, it would stay enabled no matter which map I go to unless I say otherwise.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Awesome changes.

There are two more tabs I would eventually love to see and I would be even happier :

1. Toys (as someone mentioned above)

2. Dances (once they get around to adding new ones to the store )

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But as it has been said many times on these forums, the majority of the player base does not frequent the forums. It has been requested, yes. They listened, yes. But for the majority of the player base that does not frequent these forums, will it help retain them?

I can’t answer that question. I don’t know the answer.

Theoretically, however, Anet might have some idea how many people collect and use mini pets. Because this is a casual game filled with fluff items, one might gather that a lot of people enjoy that sort of thing.

I’m less big on fluff items myself. I’ll never wear a panda hood or a quggan backpack. Not my thing. But you know, people obviously like this stuff because I see it in game quite frequently. Will it stop people who want more dungeons from leaving the game?

Not likely.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Question I have is how the miniature collector achievement will count now. Is it going forward still “just” owning the mini or will it have to be “unlocked” as a skin so to speak.

I like the change very much, although I would have to agree that prices may very well become interesting, for the rarer ones for sure, since they are effectively destroyed now.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Awesome!

Not a fan of minis, I don’t like the “true” miniatures, only the “toys” like the Princess Doll or the Plush Griffon but since the beginning, minis have been an annoyance.

Now finally I can explore the world without forgetting to summon it or having to re-summon every single time I change map

The other change seems pointless IMO but any polishing is good, though.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m putting a gold or two into Mini’s, because I can see them going up in price the next few days.

One word. Tequatl.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Wardrobe and Minis

Lilith Ajit.6173

Retentionwise? I don’t know.

Keeping current vets a bit happier: I think so.

Since people in game find it hard to manage mini’s in their current form, so much so they ignore mini’s they’d probably find awesome, and it is an entire aspect of the game untouched by some veterans.

It’s similar to the wardrobe update. Lots of people never changed their armor skins because it was clunky and difficult. Once it became more of a collection type thing and unlock, and you can quantifiably see progress, I think more vets will become more interested in minis.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Wardrobe and Minis

Lishtenbird.2814

I like it, but I hate one very big thing:

I hate that to unlock a mini, you have to destroy that minipet.

This has huge ramifications on the exclusivity of minipets. It means that in order to unlock a mini, you have to completely remove it from the game. This will cause all mini markets to run short on supply and eventually spike to ridiculous prices. Some minis will become more valuable than precursors as a result of this, as they were already valued at hundreds of gold BEFORE they were being destroyed and removed from the market.

I believe minipets should be treated more like an item that goes in a slot, NOT a skin that you unlock and remove from the world. A minipet slot is a great idea because you buy the mini, and can then equip it, and it does all of the cool things it would do with unlocking except that if you ever tired of that minipet, you could then deposit it and pick out another one (or sell it if you really tired of it). This made minis more available and an item that more players could enjoy. By making them unlocked, you will damage supply of minipets irresponsibly and ultimately make them less available to new players who might really think a Skritt Bottle Lobber is cute, but can’t afford the future price tag of the item because of the supply being eaten up more than it is already via forging.

In this regard, I implore ANet to reconsider the way they’re implementing these changes. Once they go live in this form, they will seriously hurt minipets’ accessibility.

Thanks for the changes otherwise.

I’m sure ANet has considered this very thoroughly and found it a very good way to provide people with permanent minis which they wanted, let them keep temporary minis as they could previously without harming anyone, and increasing their funding by draining oversupplied minis from the market. I think it is fair enough, and I was personally rather surprised when I first saw that minis have never account-bound.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m sure ANet has considered this very thoroughly

Just like they thought through silk and elder wood?

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

all and good but now I hope you understand all minis once u unlock them will be account bound

MGW Guild

Wardrobe and Minis

Lilith Ajit.6173

all and good but now I hope you understand all minis once u unlock them will be account bound

I’m not sure why it would be any different to be honest. The mini worth would plummet to obscene lows if you could unlock and trade still.

[ARES]

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

My Liadri thanks you. 11 out of 12 Jennahs are upset though. I am going to commit mini Jennah-cide on them now :P

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I will probably really get into collecting minis now. ANet doesn’t like it when I have a lot of gold :P

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

One word. Tequatl.

Thanks for the reminder, this is the only mini based on something bigger I really like.

I bought it for 20g not long ago but sold it ’cause I always forget to summon it

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Wardrobe and Minis

Telemin.7380

[quote=4216865;John Smith.4610:

We design in some volatility and some stability (silk wasn’t an accident ). [/quote]

They did think silk through. And now, look at the price of those minis fly.

Teh Ouchies

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea…and apparently there are veteran players that agree:

They weren’t kidding that this week would appeal to veterans more. The only downside I see is that now one can’t use a mini a while and then sell it unless one is willing to keep it in inventory, since the bank slot for it will vanish when it’s pulled out. Nor can one trade it back and forth. A minor concern, but now Pamela the Cat (a lesser RP character in my story) will have to find a permanent home for sure

All in all this looks very well thought out.

Wardrobe and Minis

Lishtenbird.2814

- I really like how this musician plays piano.
- Yeah, have you seen how ugly his paintings are?

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

There are only 3 posts this week. & by the looks of the titles they aren’t major features. I love this change, but seriously.. it’s a tiny “feature”.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Are they re equipped if you die or go underwater?

Magumer Ranger

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

So Minis are going account bound and unlock like dyes.
This is going to alter the value in the trading post.
I do like the idea of previewing them, but it feels like they’ve mostly just moved the pane from the bank to our hero panel.

Still an interesting QoL change and it seems to have been wanted.
I would have preferred the toys like brooms or drills to get this treatment first.
Oh well, either way I’ll look into purchasing minis for selling by Sept 9th all the same.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Very nice QoL update. I use, or try to use, minis all the time. But they disappear every time you turn around (go into water, change maps) that if was an annoyance resummoning them. With this update, I expect to see a lot more minis running around.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Looks great! I’m not a mini person myself, but I think a big reason why I didn’t like them was they didn’t have an equip slot.

Wardrobe and Minis

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There are only 3 posts this week. & by the looks of the titles they aren’t major features. I love this change, but seriously.. it’s a tiny “feature”.

I wonder how many ‘tiny’ features actually require an extensive amount of work on the back end. If it’s anything like my last project, some of it might surprise people.

Still, I think most of the things are tiny by themselves. If you take all of them into account though, there’s a significant amount of work there.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

looks like ill never buy another mini seeing as they are going account bound. actually i used to buy them to complete achievements then sell the ones when i had the achievement only keeping ones i liked around. seeing i wont be able to do that there is no reason to buy anymore for me. im beginning to think this feature pack is garbage so far

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Elmin.1854

Elmin.1854

one question…
what happens if I have more copies of “account bound mini”?