Wardrobe and Minis

Wardrobe and Minis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’ll laugh if everyone buying them are just speculators and the prices crash.

Call me in a month.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I am so happy about this! I know some people see it as a waste of resources but to me it’s a huge QoL change.

I have 214 minis and although I always have one with me on each character I never get to use them as much as I’d like because I can only swap them when I go to a bank, which may not be for several days. This way I can swap them whenever I feel like it and get much more use out of all of them.

The inability to sell them doesn’t bother me because I’d never sell them anyway. Even now when I’m fairly certain I could make a fortune selling them all and then buying them back after the prices drop.

I’m sure the majority of people buying them up now are speculators (and impulsive people who either don’t know what the prices are normally or don’t care and want them ready for the update). It will be like what happened to dyes when the last feature pack came out – after the change was announced the prices jumped up dramatically and people were predicting they would keep rising because of the reduced availability but not long after the update they dropped to lower than they were before.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Call me in a month.

It’ll be just like dyes. Mark my words.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

^ Yeah, what he said.

Sounds pretty neat, though. I’m looking forward to this one.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

To everyone saying this is what we wanted, no it isn’t. We wanted a non – inventory slot like a weapon / ring / necklace for the mini. When we tired of the mini we would swap and store or sell the old one.

Now you eat up both your character inventory (same as now) AND eat up bank inventory if you ever want to sell the mini… No QOL improvement for me there…..

I do like the finisher change though.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Wardrobe and Minis

Danikat.8537

To everyone saying this is what we wanted, no it isn’t. We wanted a non – inventory slot like a weapon / ring / necklace for the mini. When we tired of the mini we would swap and store or sell the old one.

Now you eat up both your character inventory (same as now) AND eat up bank inventory if you ever want to sell the mini… No QOL improvement for me there…..

Nope, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted. But then as I said earlier I never sell any of my minis.

The only difference is I imagined it being a slot on the equipment panel that would bring up a list of all your minis when you clicked on it. This way the list is next to the slot on it’s own tab. But other than that it’s the same.

Wardrobe and Minis

Liston.9708

Nope, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted. But then as I said earlier I never sell any of my minis.

The only difference is I imagined it being a slot on the equipment panel that would bring up a list of all your minis when you clicked on it. This way the list is next to the slot on it’s own tab. But other than that it’s the same.

Of course any statement never applies to every single person – I should have stated most people wanted……

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Can I get a dev response to this please?

What about people who have “unlocked” all the minis (which can be proven by checking the account but no longer have said minis? For instance, mine I gave away to guildies so they could complete their collections and yet now I get punished for my generosity. Though I have"unlocked them all" I can not use them…

Wardrobe and Minis

Liston.9708

Betting same as weapons – you didn’t unlock skins you once had, but no longer had at the time of the switch. I also had all of series 1, but sold them once complete – I wouldn’t expect those to be unlocked. It wouldn’t really be fair to the ones who have to destroy them now tbh…..

(edited by Liston.9708)

Wardrobe and Minis

Danikat.8537

What about people who have “unlocked” all the minis (which can be proven by checking the account but no longer have said minis? For instance, mine I gave away to guildies so they could complete their collections and yet now I get punished for my generosity. Though I have"unlocked them all" I can not use them…

Maybe I’m missing something here but I don’t understand how this update would affect you at all.

If you’ve given the minis away then you can’t use them currently. After the update you’ll be in exactly the same position you are now.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Until you get a Dev response, (which may be never).

“Let’s start with inventory space. All minis can now be treated as account unlocks in the Wardrobe. The new mini section in the Wardrobe allows you to convert any mini in your inventory to an account unlock. Unlocking destroys the mini from your inventory, but once it’s unlocked, that mini is available to all your characters to equip simultaneously for no additional cost.

Any minis currently in your bank or bank collection tab will still be in your bank when you log in. You’ll need to take them out individually and choose whether to unlock them for your account or dispose of them some other way. In order to make this easier, all minis of the same type now stack in inventory."

From what they have said here, it’s only minis that are currently in your inventory that are involved with this. You got a title for having the others. If you no longer have them because you gave them away or sold them then, no. If you are unhappy about being generous, bug your guildies to give them back.

I’ve sold a bunch of minis. Should I have the gold I got for them plus the right to display the ones I sold? How is this different? How would the game tell the difference of sold minis from given away minis?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Hey, do I see that tonic monkey king guy as a mini in here? Third from the bottom on the right side.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/e6925wardrobe-miniatures_1.jpg

Edit: Nvm, already listed in wiki, I’m just not up to snuff.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Call me in a month.

It’ll be just like dyes. Mark my words.

That was my take on it too.
After most folks unlock the minis they want, the prices will level out.
Eventually it will act like dyes and the boom will bust probably by October.

Funny enough I wonder why ANet didn’t do their miniature deals NOW.
Could you imagine the gold/gems that would have been thrown at the TP?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

They did them during the 10 day sale.

But yes, I agree their price wont stay high. Just look at how stable UnIDed dyes are, the previous ‘sure thing.’

Only ones going to make gold are the ones that got in on the first initial wave of trades and are selling to ‘speculators’ now.

Teh Ouchies

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

I was waiting for something like this for a long time. It would also be nice if you could know which minis work underwater before buying.

Wardrobe and Minis

Liston.9708

To be fair – the unid dyes also had people getting hundreds or thousands put into their bank because duplicates were ‘refunded’. I had 900+ at one point…..

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

We still have to backspace to go to the list of stuff, when will they learn. kitten sakes

AmateurNet

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

They did them during the 10 day sale.

True. Though I still support the idea that purchases would have gone differently had we knew this discovery before such sales came into place.

I guess I’m just a bit sore that I passed up the sales on minis, because there was nothing special about them.
Then this had to hit now.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Cool beans Anet, now make them faster so they don’t trail half a mile down the road behind my character. If minions in FF14 can stay no more than ~meter from me there’s no reason minis can’t also.

I would actually bother buying them if they didn’t disappear over the horizon every time I try to run anywhere.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Man, I had all of Set 1 and 2 and forged them for Set 3 minis, now I have to rebuy that overpriced crap for the new achievements. This blows.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

If they would have done the sale after the announcement, people would be yelling “Anet so greedy” at the moment. Which they still will, but to a lesser extent.

Teh Ouchies

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

let me know when the trading post players stop jabbing everyone in the sides and arena net establishes a valid way of earning minis

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Funny enough I wonder why ANet didn’t do their miniature deals NOW.
Could you imagine the gold/gems that would have been thrown at the TP?

I can imagine the kittenstorm they would have invoked if they had, on par with the Endless Continue Coin. Trust me, they made the right call in waiting.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I was thinking the same thing Atlas. Had they either released this info earlier or held those mini sales until this was announced they would have made even more money on those mini’s and finishers.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Just wanted to add that these are very helpful changes, thanks anet!

Sanctum of Rall

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Not the biggest fan of minis or finishers, but hey! at least now I can delete of those Queen Jennahs

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

“New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.”

When you already have all the AP for those mini sets, will you unlock them retroactively? Because I’m sure not I’m alone when I say that I have sold all my mini’s after I unlocked the achievements related to them.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

“New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.”

When you already have all the AP for those mini sets, will you unlock them retroactively? Because I’m sure not I’m alone when I say that I have sold all my mini’s after I unlocked the achievements related to them.

Sounds like you’re SoL…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Great, now if only more Minis would drop in the open world.. “collecting” them has bitter taste to it if you have to buy 90% with gems..

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

It’s nice and all. All that’s left is to take it one step further by ensuring that if we have a mini enabled, it would stay enabled no matter which map I go to unless I say otherwise.

Might wanna read the news thread again hun.

“Once equipped, there is a show/hide check box that summons and hides your currently equipped miniature. When shown, minis will appear next to you in every map you travel to with no further work necessary to deploy them.”

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Next

But will my dolyak finishers be unlimited now? or are they still 250 uses??

This will not change with the Collection system. They’ll still be limited by how many use you have left.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The minis update sounds awesome, if you like minis. I like minis moderately well, and I’m going to like them a whole lot more from now on, thanks to the usability improvements.

It’s not for everyone, because not everyone likes minis, but this is a really solid update.

Huzzah!

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Wardrobe and Minis

Dinks.2478

Yeah, it is total bullkitten.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Why? He sold the minis, so he doesn’t get the minis now. Makes sense to me.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Agreed.

I don’t know why anyone would think they could make something unlock on all their characters and such and still sell it. That would make the items entirely worthless.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Because people are silly, entitled brats who think that they must have everything handed to them retroactively when they made a decision before a feature was announced. It happened with the armor in the wardrobe too. People get over it.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Ok. I didn’t have very many minis so a friend loaned me all her minis so I could get the mini collector title. I had them for about one minute, got the title, gave them back. So, I also have them all “unlocked”. Should I also have the right to display them?

The game can’t hardly be expected to tell the difference between my case and his.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Andrasta Ethereal.8726

Andrasta Ethereal.8726

Sounds good. Now transfer that concept on other account-bound items, too, please (Infinite-SAB-coin, infinite gathering tools, …).

This…

Wardrobe and Minis

Dinks.2478

Because people are silly, entitled brats who think that they must have everything handed to them retroactively when they made a decision before a feature was announced. It happened with the armor in the wardrobe too. People get over it.

No, because these are no longer obtainable. They unlocked the achievements we needed and then we were able to reforge them for the next set. And those unlocked the achievements. Now they’re adding new achievements that we should have had to begin with. So we are expected to keep everything we get in game from day one or else we’re kittened over. This is why nobody likes the games anet plays. I wouldn’t be surprised in set 1, 2 and 3 are on the Gem shop again the day of the patch just to get more people to buy gems and kitten again. Typical crap.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Hey ArenaNet! Now that you heard you players and removed the minis from taking inventory space,can you do this with weapons? <3
We like to collect weapons too (actually,I just want to have at least 1 of each usable weapon for my characters) and it is annoying to equip them everytime you need to change them,can we have a “weapon inventory”? and we can cycle through all our weapons,pretty please? (:

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

While I am glad that others will benefit from the minipet changes they are a negative for me. Pretty significantly so actually. It really is too bad that Anet cannot add something for those who wish it without destroying something that others prefer.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Great news. There is nothing more hilarious then seeing a thief in WvWvW going into stealth to run away and being able to track the thief because he has a mini out following!

Theftwind (HoD)

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This is a fantastic QoL update, ANet. Thanks!

I’m not a miniature collector (thankfully), but it is amusing to see the price spike on so many of these. It’s a good way to help drain the economy of excess miniatures, I feel, although I hope there is now a way to throw excess account bound minis (like Jennah and Risen Priests) into the Forge and get back a random miniature in order to help increase supply.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The Mini Karka, Karka Hatchlings and Reef Drake need to be rare drops from the karka Queen.

Pretty please.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Adding minis to the Wardrobe was an awesome player suggestion and it’s equally awesome to see this actually coming to the game.

Awesome.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Mini Karka, Karka Hatchlings and Reef Drake need to be rare drops from the karka Queen.

Pretty please.

Agreed! Would love to see this included.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Pretty please.

Agreed! Would love to see this included.

No please not. It will destroy their exclusivity completly. Just like Mini Tequatl and Mini wurm head are almost worthless nowadays (to me items below 100g are worthless).
And Karka event is the easiest of the bunch.

I would prefer some minis stay prestige objects just like some minis in GW1

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/miniatures-and-finishers-in-your-account-wardrobe/

“Account-unlocked minis can be equipped and swapped as part of your character by left-clicking them. "

" When shown, minis will appear next to you in every map you travel to with no further work necessary to deploy them."

Anet does listen.

Much <3 here. Thank you!

To who? The 3 people who maybe complained about this? When the hell are they gonna add some of the crap tokens I have cluttering up my bank from over a year ago to the currency tab? I still have Captain’s Council Commendations tokens for Lion Guard Lyns and like 50 queens gauntlet tickets as well as one time use finishers I would love to get out of the main part of my bank. I don’t want to just delete since who knows if they will ever be used again.

I can think of lots of other things that deserve their own item pane….I mean….minis already have their own pane..and maybe 10% of the players playing GW2 care about minis and town clothes. :-/

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

While I am glad that others will benefit from the minipet changes they are a negative for me. Pretty significantly so actually. It really is too bad that Anet cannot add something for those who wish it without destroying something that others prefer.

Please help me understand, what negative impact does it have?
1) If you have the mini, then you still have it (and in fact can choose to keep it out at all times, or leave it alone).
2) It removes the need to take up inventory space and click on it each map.
3) The pets can be used on multiple toons
4) If you already have an achievement for them, it isn’t like you are losing the achievement so no loss there
5) If you get a new mini, and only want to use it for a short time, then sell it then you can. You just keep it as an item in your inventory (like now) and don’t unlock it. Then when you get tired of it, you sell it.

So, please explain what I’m missing. We both read the same article (I’m assuming you read it of course). How does this have any negative impact?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Wardrobe and Minis

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/miniatures-and-finishers-in-your-account-wardrobe/

“Account-unlocked minis can be equipped and swapped as part of your character by left-clicking them. "

" When shown, minis will appear next to you in every map you travel to with no further work necessary to deploy them."

Anet does listen.

Much <3 here. Thank you!

To who? The 3 people who maybe complained about this? When the hell are they gonna add some of the crap tokens I have cluttering up my bank from over a year ago to the currency tab? I still have Captain’s Council Commendations tokens for Lion Guard Lyns and like 50 queens gauntlet tickets as well as one time use finishers I would love to get out of the main part of my bank. I don’t want to just delete since who knows if they will ever be used again.

I can think of lots of other things that deserve their own item pane….I mean….minis already have their own pane..and maybe 10% of the players playing GW2 care about minis and town clothes. :-/

I guess I can’t speak for everyone but I don’t know too many people who didn’t want this. Lots of people want to do something with their minis. There are so many that we get for rewards and no good way to show them off. Many People have been asking to not have to reclick them every map or way point. If you never saw it I don’t think you looked very often.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.