in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

(Oh my gosh, I love this!)

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

It was time to get moving. Staring at the Forge had gotten me enough ideas to get things done. First thing I had to do was track down that informant, and find out what Midnight was asking him about. I left my Order uniform behind and went to have a little chat. He was obviously agitated, and I knew something was up. Something bad, and he was deep in it. He gave me the name of his Priory contact, I must admit I was not so gentle in getting that information. But he got jumpy the moment I mentioned Midnight, and I felt time was against me.

I rushed to the Priory library, bypassing the contact and making my own way in. I knew what Midnight was looking for, and scavenged every book remotely relating to mer-creatures I could find. There were surprisingly few. As I left the library with the books, I sent a quick message back to HQ with my findings. They would pick up the informant, and question him at length. His days of trust with the Order were over. To my surprise, I got a message of my own almost straight back. It appears I was not the only one interested in rescuing Midnight. Something was odd about this message, though. The writing form and wording was different to what I usually received. Did I have a different handler now? It wasn’t worth the time to go over it. I laughed as the message gave more details. The Order had managed to slip false details to this Priory member. Take nothing away from them, they might be great scholars with fantastic intellect, but they tend to lack in the subtlety and intrigue department. He was on his way to the far west.

Using those handy Asura gates, I made my way back to an Order owned bar. I needed a little peace and quiet to go through these books as fast as possible. What was Midnight searching for? Talks of a mermaid had been all around Lion’s Arch the past few days. Was she hunting it? Why? I shook my head. The ‘why’ didn’t matter. ‘Where’ mattered right now.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Cerise has a flair for disguise!

Even without Evon’s magical device, she was able to transform my hair so that I hardly recognize myself anymore!

(( The kit cost me 250 gems… I would really appreciate it if Bubbles wasn’t recognized right off the bat, if you catch my drift! ))

Cerise likes red hair, and says she always pictures mermaids as redheads.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Dossier

Clearance: Primus rank and above.

Legion: Ash
Warband: Night
Agent: Kyra Nightspark

Mission: Surveillance, cultural exchange, technological exchange (as cover)

Primary Subject: House Draxynnus
Profile: Krytan noble house founded in the aftermath of the Krytan civil war in 1079AE. See prior reports for more details.

Known Allies: Queen Jennah, Ebon Vanguard, Pact, Pale Tree, Quaggans, Hylek, Archivist’s Sanctum
Known Locations: Kryta, Fort Trinity, Ebonhawke

Secondary Subject: Bubbles Powderpuff (aka. Bubbles, Hamfast.8719)
See related reports for more information on secondary subject.

Authorisation:
See prior reports.

A woman who this agent believes to be the primary subject’s sylvari agent returned to the estate late last night, returning the fern hound (apparently designated “Ferndo”) along with an orange tabby. This agent overheard the sylvari identifying the tabby as an asura pirate that had been caught attempting to tamper with cargoes waiting to be loaded on ships at Lion’s Arch.

In return, the primary subject’s mesmers gathered in the interrogation room, but before they began, Aeron Draxynnus approached me with samples to analyse, claiming that they had been recovered from the campaign centered on the Kessex region. Fortunately, this agent had earlier taken the liberty of planting one of the audio recording devices this agent reverse-engineered from dredge sonic telescopes earlier this year in the room, so this agent was able to undertake the analysis without being concerned about missing the interrogation.

A more detailed report of the analysis is appended, but to summarise, the samples included:

• Pyrophoric chemicals of kinds synthesised by plants developed by the Wardens and Nightmare Court for the purpose of weapons manufacture.
• A range of volatile poisons sourced from plants found in the Sea of Sorrows and Maguuma Jungle.
• Hallucinogenic spores similar, if not identical, to those developed by the Toxic Alliance
• An emulsification with similar chemical and physical properties to a substance generated by krait during slave raids, in a concentrated form.

In combination, if the samples were placed in an airtight container, a break in the container would cause the pyrophoric compounds to explode, dispersing the other samples in the local area. The purpose of the krait emulsification is something this agent could not determine apart from generating an unpleasant smell, but the effect of the rest of the mix would surely leave the crew disoriented and unable to react to further emergencies or attacks, if the initial explosion was not sufficient to fatally compromise the ship’s hull on its own. The only thing lacking would be some form of triggering mechanism.

When this agent mentioned this speculation to Aeron Draxynnus, she mentioned that seeds of a Nightmare Court plant capable of rapid growth after a specified time after planting had been found with the samples, and that such plants might be able to break a container from within.

(cont.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

After reporting my findings, this agent retrieved the hidden recording device from the interrogation room. The recordings were… disturbing. No coherent words came from the subject of the interrogation, only screams, whimpers, and other sounds of clear distress – but over this came Aeron’s clear words reporting the findings to a scribe within the room. Those findings included:

• The existence of an agreement between parties including pirates and Nightmare Court to raid and disrupt shipping into and out of Lion’s Arch, while making the attacks look like natural accidents or krait attacks.
  • The compliance of some krait in the conspiracy, although the krait were apparently unaware of the full breadth of the conspiracy, with the Nightmare Court serving as in-betweens.
  • Suspicions on the part of the interrogation subject of Inquest involvement.
  • Confirmation of this agent’s poison-bomb hypothesis
  • Revelation of an additional aspect of the plot, whereby younger krait themselves hide in shipping crates to stow away on ships, escaping when the opportunity arises to hide in the bilges to wait for an opportune time.
  • Pleasure on the part of the conspirators that a third party had been taking the blame for the disappearances.
  • Revelation that the conspiracy had already “disposed of” two independent agents that had “got too close to the truth”. One was apparently tricked into a krait ambush and presumed taken to a krait outpost on the Sea of Sorrows, while the other’s ship was sunk off Bloodtide Coast.
  • The desire of the interrogation subject to return to living as a tabby in an attic over the primary subject’s stables, safe in the knowledge that the only exit from which is through the drake enclosure. (This agent notes that, given the tone of Aeron’s voice and the whimper given by the subject when this was pronounced, that this was not at all an outcome desired by the interrogation subject.)

A complete interrogation log has been appended to this report.

~ Ash Legion, Night warband (detached duty), Kyra Nightspark (Centurion)

Attachments:

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Sophiera.1209

Sophiera.1209

Beautiful new look Miss Bubbles!

Red seaweed…. red seaweed…. red seaweed…..

Red seaweed is a primary source of agar a.k.a jelly. Other than food it’s also used as an emulsifier in foodstuff and potions.

( runs off to Mount Mealstorm )

(edited by Sophiera.1209)

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

The books revealed little information on what Midnight had planned. The most I knew is she was definitely interested in the recent mermaid events. The bar was too closed in, I needed to get some space around me. I knew where I needed to go.

Even though they say the Six have departed, I felt Lyssa had blessed me when I was younger. From early days I could talk and charm my way out of bad situations, usually after I had used the very same mouth to get me into that situation. It was to her statue I went. I found myself a hidden spot nearby, and contemplated my next actions. I was certainly following in Midnight’s footsteps, yet I knew there was a piece missing. The thought came to me as I gazed on the twin faces of Lyssa. We knew what she had done while outside. But what about the other side? What did she do behind closed doors? I had to search her hideout.

Even as I the idea came into my mind I hesitated. It was one thing to keep an eye on Midnight in public, and when she met others. Going directly to her hideout, and searching it while she was absent didn’t sit right. The Order had sifted through numerous empty bedrooms and houses before, why was this any different? I suppose I didn’t have specific orders to do so, and Midnight was in an indirect way a friend to the Whispers. I couldn’t wait. The longer I tarried, the more danger she could be in. If it really came down to it, I could apologise later.

Knowing where the hideout was we had knowledge of. Knowing how to get into it was a different matter. I almost started breaking things to get in before finding the correct entry. Muttering under my breath about the duplicity of women I started my search. In reality, it didn’t take long. Midnight must have been in a hurry as she hadn’t cleaned up properly after herself. A number of ingredients hadn’t been put away, and as I created a mental list I realised I had seen these before. The books. One in particular noted mermaid weaknesses to specific items. Midnight had made a poison, whether lethal or not I couldn’t tell. But that didn’t matter. She had gone after the mermaid, and never returned.

I had to find the next step, time was not on my side.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Sophiera.1209

My hunch tells me that our unfortunate mercenary is held captive in Mire Sea, Mount Mealstorm. The pictures gave a very nice clue, so I swam there and snuck around to see if I can get her exact location

I managed to find the patch of pink-red seaweed, but it doesn’t seem to match the picture. The red coral-like seaweed is nearby as well.

The pillar-cage structures in the Mire Sea also resemble in the picture, but I couldn’t find the exact angle.

I’ve checked out the one in Celedon forest. Nay, too shallow.
The one in Timberline has more broken ships and less pillars. Also no red seaweed. Also too many varieties of wild life.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

-In a raspy voice-

“Hssssss! Yourrr ssssearch isss futile! You willl never fffind yourrr little friiiiend! Ssshee hasss already outlived her usssefulnessss! Ssssooonn…sssshee willl join the othersssss in sssacrifice!!! Herrr verrry ownn daggerssss willl pierce her hearrrrt!!!

“…..who the heck are you talking to?”

“Ssssssilennce, sssacrifice!!!”

…Just my luck. I’m gonna get sacrificed by a krait-zy sea witch…

Attachments:

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

I needed that next tip. That next hint. That breakthrough which would lead me in the right direction. My mind was awhirl with possibilities and ideas, going into overdrive. Too much information to process, and as urgent as the need was I had to slow down.

((TL;DR: I’m going to bed for the night, back in 8-10 hours))

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Deadrust.2349

Deadrust.2349

Anakysha… a bounty hunter?

Mytherys rolled the missive in her fingers, wondering why the Order assigned her to this task. The briefing suggests the subject – Anakysha – had slipped under the radar for days, with little trail to pursue. How am I to find her with such vague information?

Mytherys crumpled the paper and threw it to the fireplace. She rose from her table at the Shaemoor Tavern, thanking the bartender for holding the correspondence for her whilst she was investigating the toxic tower at Kessex Hills. More krait, it seems. I should identify possible locations against the information the Order has managed to scrape together.

The innkeep allowed Mytherys to use the cellar as a quiet place to meditate and do her research. Red seaweed; krait slaving operations; … sacrifice. That doesn’t narrow it down much. Mytherys marked locations on a map of Tyria which fit the criteria. By using information on recent activity at each of these sites, she decided upon a few targets. Slaver’s Deeps, Quetzal Bay; Krait’s Larder, Viathan Arm – unlikely, though possible; and Stormwreck Deeps, Ventry Bay.

Caledon Forest harbors Krait in at least two bodies of water… I should start my search there. Kraitbane Haven can inform me on further recent activity in the area.

Kraitbane Haven was quiet, with reports proving less than helpful. Several groups of slaves have been seen coming and going from Slaver’s Deeps but the Lionguard could not attest to identifying individuals. Mytherys decided she would have to investigate each location she noted. Slaver’s Deeps is close, I should check there first.

The Krait watched the shores for adventurers and potential victims. Mytherys used her illusionary magic to distract the sentries, subverting herself from their attention so that she could enter the water without confrontation.

There were clear signs of slavery in the area – as was to be expected – but the waters were eerily empty save for the patrols who swiftly felt the mind-wracking power of Mythery’s magic. The lack of Krait in the water suggested one thing was happening: sacrifice. Whether Anakysha is here or not, I can help these innocents.

Mytherys Blinked to the surface of the water and quickly formulated a plan. She would require a Moa’s feather, for which she had to coerce a Moa into giving her one. I hope this incantation works…

Stood upon high ground, Mytherys imbued the feather with her illusionary magic as she forced it towards Slaver’s Deeps, where she could see a Krait Priestess performing her ritual. As the feather floated above the ritual, Mytherys forcibly expelled her power from it. The feather exploded with magic, interrupting the ritual.

I hope that’s enough distraction for the slaves to escape…

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

After hours of research, assembly and testing, our krewe and I finished our brand new Plasmatonic-Submersible-Marine-Power-Suits (P.S.M.P.S) this morning.

Still, we needed to locate the rock, and the only clue we have is that many ships have crashed into it on the way into Lions arch’s harbor. This however was all the information we needed. We hired a ship to sail from the ports of Rata sum to LA’s harbor. By sending the ship into LA, we solved any potential transport problem as well as locating the exact position of the rock. We even confirmed that the rumors were true, at least the rock and sinking parts.

After activating our Plasmatonic-Submersible-Marine-Power-Suits we began our underwater search. We scraped the rock using Photo-Plasmic-Residue-&-DNA-Scanners and took the samples back to our lab in Rata Sum for analysis. With a few hours of study and testing, we were amazed at what we found … mainly that it was going to take a whole lot more than a few hours to entirely study these samples and gather all data!

We can however confirm this ..
We Asura have categorized the DNA of every known living organism in the mists. This however, is something different! Our krewe will continue to study the samples but for now, this is enough evidence to begin preparations for a pursue and capture mission.

As we speak, we are now in the process of developing non-lethal tools and weaponry that will aid in the tracking and capture of the evil man-eating sea-bookah!

Attachments:

(edited by Are.1326)

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

((Absolutely loving this thread! Trying to catch up on where the current story is, so I can found out how/where to write myself in. Someone ssssssstole my idea for being one of the Krait. Keep it up!!!))

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Warning Buoy!

Hamfast.8719

Cerise convinced me… it’s time! I shall return to land and get a feel for who else might be receptive to joining First In Sending Help. But I wouldn’t trust my safety in Lion’s Arch; not at this time. I had been to the city of the Asura, and found a knowledgeable, helpful spirit in Peacemaker Chief Gliptr who had given me the idea for [FISH] in the first place. Cerise had explained to me about the Asuran Gates. I would use them again to visit the home cities of each of the other predominant terrestrial races!

DIVINITY’S REACH

When I stepped through the gate, a tremendous rumbling noise overhead drew my attention. I stood transfixed watching many huge metal objects dance across the ceiling of the giant glass dome in which I found myself. The noise was almost hurtful to my ears, but the marvelous spectacle was a tonic that took away any trepidation I had.

“Ahem!”

I realized that I must have been standing there gawking for several minutes. An Asura Gate monitor was addressing me with an annoyed look. (They do seem to have that expression down pat).

“Tourists can join the tour group already in progress in the gardens”, she said, gesturing out into the middle of the dome. “Enjoy your stay in Divinity’s Reach”. I realized that I was being dismissed, and she had already forgotten me. So I wandered over to join the group she had indicated.

Lady Annbelle was right! Her fair city is full of marvels and beauty! But so very different from what I am used to, and simply bustling with activity.

Moving along with the tour group, we saw many wondrous things and learned a lot about the city. But my mission kicked in when I overheard a pair of Ministers arguing over a great conflict the Humans were involved in with a race of people called the “Centaurs”. Refugees needed assistance, but resources were stretched thin. Yes, even here in this bastion of civilization, people needed help. I am sure [FISH] would be received well here!

I stayed with the tour group for awhile, until we came to my favorite spot in all of Divinity’s Reach. There is a tunnel near the domed gardens that goes underwater! I felt more comfortable there than any other place else we had seen so far, and I’m afraid the group moved on without my noticing. I spent most of the remaining afternoon just basking in that spot. I’m afraid I lost track of the time, and had to rush back through the gate.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Hamfast.8719

HOELBRAK

I stepped through the Gate into the great Norn city of Hoelbrak, and almost immediately collapsed to my knees. Cold! I had never felt such cold in my life! My body shook uncontrollably, and I felt myself being scooped up like a doll into the arms of a massive, fur-wrapped male Norn.

“That’s no way to dress in this weather, little cub” he rumbled. The giant began to move, covering ground rapidly while holding me tightly to the warmth of his barrel chest.

“Don’t suffocate her, Orek!” came a deep female voice nearby. From within the folds of the Norn’s cloak I half heard the conversation between Orek and his mate Ayla, who seemed unaffected by the chill. They made light humor of bringing me to the Bear Lodge, since I was already half bare. Soon enough, we entered a great hall and I was set down by some warm embers and given a steaming mug of some unusual brew that stopped my trembling almost at once. As I recovered, Orek told me their tale.

Orek and Ayla were hunters. All Norn are hunters, it seems. They had grown up together, and become mates when Orek proved his worth in an annual event called “The Great Hunt”. The two had given birth to a little girl with her father’s red hair. She was the flame in her parent’s hearth. Her hunting skills at a young age brought pride to her family. Then at age seven, she got lost outside in a sudden snow storm, and didn’t survive the night. “Little Cub”, Orek used to call her. That’s when I saw the significance behind what Orek had said to me lying at the gate with my red hair.

Their company was as warm as their fire, and they wouldn’t let me leave when it began to get dark. I didn’t complain, and the oversize bed they gave me along with heavy blankets made me feel like I was covered by Mother Ocean. I fell asleep easily.

In the morning Ayla prepared a simple meal for everyone, and then Orek wrapped a blanket about me and carried me back to the Asuran Gate. Yes, these were good people. They gave help to those in need without a second thought. It’s in their nature. When I am ready, I would be truly honored to offer them a place in First In Sending Help.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Hamfast.8719

THE BLACK CITADEL

This would be my first time going to the Black Citadel. The very name is chilling. My only previous contact with the Charr had served to help me understand that they are not all vicious killers (despite the image they like to portray). So I screwed up my courage and stepped through the Gate.

The Black Citadel is indeed dark. It bustles with activity much like Divinity’s Reach, but the mechanical sounds from the gardens were everywhere in this city. I got the distinct impression that this place never sleeps.

I began to wander, and I already felt like I was being looked upon as a quick meal. My pace quickened and I had to tell myself to slow down so as not to draw any special attention to myself. I had changed my appearance, but it still wouldn’t do me any good to get detained by the local authorities. I left the main concourse and made my way into a less developed looking area of the city. I must admit, I became unsure of my direction in short order.

“You smell like the ocean”, a raspy voice called out. A grizzled old Charr stood along the side of the street looking in my general direction. I moved closer in the hopes he would lower his voice.

“I live by the sea, sir”, I responded quickly. “I am just visiting from out of town”.

To my relief, he did lower his voice as I approached. It was then that I realized the poor fellow was blind, or very nearly so. He was about as non-threatening a figure as I had seen so far, so I determined to strike up a conversation. I needn’t have worried, for he seemed to thrive on telling stories. (Oh! …I jumped at my own thoughts of a certain resolute Captain back home).

The Charr’s name was Render Bloodclaw, but he said everyone just called him “Mudclaw” now. He had been an engineer with the Iron Legion in his youth, arraying great war machines against the Humans. I worried a little that he might have some animosity towards me in my Human form, but he chuckled and said I didn’t smell much like his old enemy. “A great waste of time, that war!” he told me.

We spent the day in the manner that the old fellow always does now, sitting on the side of the street watching daily life pass by. He hardly seemed to miss his sight at all, pointing out things by smell or sound. A remarkably industrial people, I realized, if overly warfare-minded. Should I manage to locate even a few of these people who shared my vision, they could be a tremendous asset.

Old Mudclaw became tired well before evening, and excused himself to go inside. He gave me directions back to the Asura gate, and I left town with far more hope than when I arrived.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

Lady Annbelle was right! Her fair city is full of marvels and beauty! But so very different from what I am used to, and simply bustling with activity.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your short stay in Divinity’s Reach, but at the same time I’m a bit sad I wasn’t there to show you the city myself. You should’ve seen DR during the Queen’s Jubilee, it was more alive than ever!

Perhaps you’ll visit the city again some time in the future? There are some adorable quaggans living in Salma District, the part of the city where I live in, and I am sure they would be thrilled to meet you!

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Salvatos.4673

Salvatos.4673

Then at age seven, she got lost outside in a sudden snow storm, and didn’t survive the night. “Little Cub”, Orek used to call her. That’s when I saw the significance behind what Orek had said to me lying at the gate with my red hair.

((That was… beautiful…))

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

The krait hissed angrily, swiping at me with his blades. “Back in your celll!!”

“I’m going! I’m going!” I cried, straggling along as fast as I could with my twisted ankle.

The slave driver gave an annoyed hiss, roughly shoving me behind the bars and slamming the door shut. I rubbed my sore ankle as he clicked the lock on my cell door.

As the krait swam off, the Asura in the next cell glanced over with a concerned look. “You don’t look so good,” he said. “What happened?”

I gritted my teeth, ripping off a piece of cloth from my ragged outfit, and bandaging my ankle with it. “They had us build another tower….” I said. “….I didn’t build fast enough for them…”

The Asura sighed. “Well, it could be worse.”

I looked at him incredulously. “We’re slaves being worked to death by krait in the forsaken watery pits of who-knows-where. How could this be any worse?”

He shrugged. “Well, there’s still the viable possibility that you could be dead.”

“…You must be a real riot at parties,” I muttered. I rolled my ankle, working the muscles underneath the bandage. “You’re an Asura. Can’t you come up with some kind of brilliant plan to get us out of here?”

“Believe me, I’ve been attempting to concoct such a ploy ever since I got in here,” he said. “You wouldn’t happen to have a hairpin, a pistol, three rubberbands, some flaxseed, and a banana, would you?”

“Aaah….I got a broken seashell and a belt buckle?”

“Then you and I are, to put bluntly, pretty much screwed.”

“Great…” I groaned, drifting listlessly in my cell. “it can’t get any worse.”

“Well, look on the bright side,” he said. “It will all be over soon.”

I looked up. “How you figure that?”

“Consider your condition. The krait are becoming inherently more impatient with you, as you grow weaker from malnourishment, and unable to complete the desired tasks in the allotted time. That priestess bookah comes by your cell in greater frequency to gloat and prod you with your daggers, and chides you about becoming a favorable sacrifice. The likelyhood of you being killed within the following days only increases with each passing minute and twenty-three seconds.”

“………You’re a real help, you know that?”

He shrugged. “I cannot deny what is basic fact,” he said. “I estimate the likelihood of one of us escaping from this encampment, to be around three and a half percent – and that is with some very generous rounding.”

I waved my hands. “Just-just stop…you’re making the whole situation worse..”

He folded his arms, glancedaway, and drooped his ears. “..apologies,” he mumbled. “I did not wish to antagonize you. We are both in a difficult situation.”

I closed my eyes slightly, breathing deeply through my breather. “…Anakysha,” I said quietly.

The Asura glanced over. “Beg pardon?”

“My name is Anakysha.” I said. “…Figure if I’m gonna die here, I want someone to know my real name..”

The Asura nodded quietly. “It is a very unique name,” he said. He placed his hand over his chest. “My name is Londatt.”

I nodded back. “Pleasure to meet you, Londatt.”

He nodded back. “Pleasure to meet you too, Anakysha.”

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Posters are going up in cities all over Tyria…

“WANTED!

This mermaid (alias ‘Bubbles’) is a known murderer, shipwrecker, and scoundrel. 50 gold alive, 20 gold dead. Last known location in Lion’s Arch. She is to be considered dangerous!"

Only 50 gold???? We from the Order of Whispers know enough collectors who would pay alot more than that for a living or dead mermaid. And since our budget got shortened again we really need some money to pay our contacts. So I guess we should rally all of our spare agents and catch her.
Bubbles if you are reading this, surrender yourself to the Order. No matter where you hide we will find you sooner or later!
(And we will make sure that you wont get into the hands of those who wants to end your life in a oven at 220 degrees)

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Great roleplay. You guys are very creative. Good job!

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

I awoke from an unscheduled nap with a start. I hadn’t planned on sleeping just yet, but it appeared my mind had other ideas. I had strange dreams, which were slipping out of my grasp even as the fog of sleep cleared. One underlying thing crept to the surface of the pool of thoughts – What if Midnight’s disappearance had nothing to do with the mermaid?

A shot of adrenaline ran through me as I realised. People had been disappearing from near Lion’s Arch for some time, and not in the usual way. The mermaid was only recent. As I attempted to piece together the puzzle, I heard the faintest of noises outside my room. I’m a catious man by nature, and by the time I had made sure it was clear all that was left was a slip of paper with a single word on it.

Krait.

I crumpled the paper in my fist. I hated Krait. Xenophobic creatures that deserved nothing more than a spear through the head. There were rumours of some Krait sightings, nearby to the south of Lion’s Arch. This had to be what happened to Midnight. Krait were devious, tricky, and created very efficient ambushes to catch people and make them slaves.

I headed to the docks and got my gear ready. Krait hunting time.

Attachments:

(edited by Jaric.5679)

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

I set off with haste, but caution. If Krait were around, then both were extremely important. I wanted to help Midnight, but I didn’t want to share her fate. As I searched under the water, I came across an area that looked likely to be a place a mermaid might hide out. It was a nice looking area, and one could be distracted by some of the simple beauty of it – unless one’s nerves were wound tighter than a spring coil in a GOLEM powerfist. Something was bugging me about this place, so I slipped into stealth for a closer look.

I almost missed it as I got closer. There was a Krait who had not quite hidden itself correctly. I could see the tail poking out of a clump of seaweed, if it hadn’t moved the tail to steady itself I most likely would have blundered in to the trap. I took a moment to compose myself, as long as I was cautious it was unlikely I would be discovered. I crept in closer for a look at the structure, and what I saw angered me.

Not only were there Krait all over it, there were cells. Prison cells. These Krait were staying true to form, I could see the pattern already. Ambush people here, and throw them into one of these temporary holding cells until the ‘slave bus’ came along. While Midnight was my priority, nobody deserved to be Krait slaves. Treatment was harsh, and usually they died. Fortunately the cells were empty this time.

I had my lead. Now I had to follow them to find out where they were coming from.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

I followed a pair of Krait that left the ambush area – at a discreet distance, of course. I wasn’t the most accomplished fighter, but I could still take on two Krait. It was tempting, to say the least. The only good Krait is a dead Krait, they say. I had to restrain myself, I needed them to show me where to go. They swam for quite some time before coming to a new area, and disappearing over an underwater ridge. As I approached, I got that sinking feeling in my gut. I knew I wasn’t going to like what I was about to find.

And I didn’t. The shipwrecks themselves were bad enough, but to see the wreckage now being used to hold prison cells in place was awful. Some of those cages were occupied. Many were not. And just to top off the entire scene, Krait were everywhere. I longed to charge in and free those trapped souls, but knew it would be futile. Not only did I have to formulate a plan, I had to see if Midnight was here, and alive. While I could have gone now for reinforcements, that wasn’t my mission. The Order had prioritised finding Midnight, so that’s what I was going to do. I was sure that if I could get her out, then between us we could at least escape and maybe get another prisoner or two out as well.

As I scouted around the edges of the ravine, I noticed a slightly different Krait with a strange purple aura. As it got closer I recognised it as a Priestess. That worried me more. A priestess was responsible for a number of specialised rituals among the Krait, one of them being sacrifice. Rage built up inside me, and I found myself lining up my speargun for a shot. It’s about this time you usually want somebody else around to slap you upside the head to get control of yourself, because that’s a lot easier than wrestling with your own anger. But wrestle I did, and by the time I had myself under control I was glad. Two guards had joined her, I would have surely ended up being the next sacrifice had I attacked.

I shook my head, a warning to myself of how precarious my position was. Moving further around, I found yet more cells, and these were occupied. Many races were accounted for here. Human, Asuran, Sylvari, Hylek, even a solitary Norn, squashed into a cell nearly too small for him. And Midnight. There, in a cell beside an Asuran. She didn’t look so good, dressed in rags and with a bandaged ankle. That wasn’t good. If she couldn’t do the work, the Krait wouldn’t think twice about killing her. Even as I observed, the slavers came back to the cells and gathered their workforce. There was no way I could intervene right now, as much as my trigger finger itched to introduce Krait heads to spear projectiles. I had to wait, seething as the slaves were once again dragged off.

Once the coast was clear, I swam down to her cell. It was fairly simple to get in, as all the cell doors were left open. Nobody expects somebody to sneak into a cell. I had to leave her a message, let her know somebody was here. I had to give her hope and the strength to stay alive. But what? I could only scratch the metal, and I didn’t want to write anything the Krait might see and understand. Then it struck me. I knew exactly what symbol to put. I left my mark and departed with haste. I had to formulate a rescue now.

On the inside of the cage, by the door lock where I hoped she would look, a fresh symbol of the Order of Whispers was etched.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

“Take it easy, mate. This ain’t have to be like this.”

Zann grinned, showing off a dazzling white set of teeth. Delirious from hunger, thirst, and the stinging pain of shrapnel tearing his flesh at every move, he wasn’t in his right mind. Such factors didn’t improve on his naturally demented mindset.

“You’re right… but alas, your behavior leaves me no other choice.” A quaking thumb flipped on the safety switch. The crack of metal on wood as the bullet entered the barrel… it felt like the crackling of Grenth’s fingers anticipating the welcome of new souls.

The cargo hold erupted in panic; throaty norn grunts, petite and raspy human gasps, asura screams, charr roars of defiance – and total fear. Zann laughed out at the absurdity of the situation as he stared down the dozens of barrels and blades all arrayed against him. He had one last bullet, yet he could end them all in a blink, even with his dying breath.

“You should see yourself. The fearless Bloody Buccaneers… all squealing like little children. Not as tough anymore when you end up getting the short end of the stick, huh?” Zann pushed the gun against the ammunition barrel, inducing more shocked responses from the crew. “If only the Hydra Queen could see you now…”

“Look, you don’t want this. Put that gun down and we can talk this over.” The last surviving officer of the Queen’s Third Head advanced closer, reaching out as if expecting Zann to surrender his weapon and life. The itch to just use up that last bullet and kill the man and the man only was strong, but Zann regained his fevered composure.

“You have no idea how much I want this: the release of a cursed soul in a dragon-haunted world that’s going to be destroyed no matter what. If I didn’t know Lyssa wants me to live, I would’ve fled to the Mists long ago.” He closed his eyes. Regardless of how strongly he tried, or how much he drank; he just couldn’t escape his memories – or the lack of such.

The lids opened, letting the jade-colored irises measure the doomed bunch once more. Charr ears poised to sense the slightest of noise, massive limbs bursting from tension, ready to lunge on him at the faintest stir of finger on the trigger. Asura lost in arcane mantras, hoping their puny shields could protect them from the blast. The overpowering stench of norn rising from under fur in the frowsty hold. The beads of sweat tickling down on human faces, down on stubby whiskers or smooth cheeks, to neck, chests… clevages.

“You, on the other hand, really don’t want this. We can all walk away, alive and unscathed, with a new captain to shape up your sorry hides.” He bowed mockingly. “Or we can all find out just where our sinful souls get sorted to by our human god of death.” Smirking at the non-humans to enhance the insult, Zann knocked the iron barrel on wood. “It’s up to you…”

Attachments:

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

My plan was in essence simple. All I had to do was find the right slaver that had the key to Midnight’s cell, follow him until it got to a slightly secluded place, sneak up on it and kill it. Then I could take the keys and free Midnight in the relative cover of night. First, I had to inform the Order about this place. Sending a message was short, quick, and ensured that a proper rescue attempt would be mounted to try and free the other slaves. Even if I failed, eventual success would be had.

The first part of my plan went surprisingly well. I didn’t have to wait long before I saw the slaver come back with Midnight, and lock her in. He moved to a different cage and took a different slave out. I think the Krait were overconfident of their hiding place, as the slaver headed to nearby dry land to get his slave to gather some things. That made my life easier, Krait are nowhere near as dangerous out of the water. I dispatched the slaver with surprise on my side, he never knew what hit him. I freed the slave he had with him and advised running. He didn’t need telling twice and fled into the nearby forest.

Everything looked good now. I had the right keys. I knew where Midnight was. All I needed to do was wait.

Wait, and not get surprised the Krait Priestess herself! I had hidden myself near some unused cells, and I’m not certain who was more surprised, her or me. Whatever the case was, she reacted first and plunged a dagger into my side. I kicked her in the face to push her back as I brought my speargun into play, and fired my surprise spear – underwater fire. I had no desire to try and fight her, I knew that other Krait would be on the way shortly. The fire and smoke gave me time to get away and disappear, the Priestess shrieked her rage and ordered a hunt for me. I swam awkwardly, the pain in my side was enough to make me a bit light headed and nauseous.

Scrambling out of the water I felt for the wound, and to my surprise found the dagger still there. I couldn’t even begin to explain how it remained, undoubtedly I had just done myself further injury while swimming with it in. Gritting my teeth, I pulled it out. For a moment I forgot my pain, this was a beautiful dagger. It looked like it could have been hand crafted, certainly wasn’t your average run-of-the-mill reforge. I guessed the Krait Priestess had taken it from a prisoner. My side reminded me it was not in the best of shape with a sharp throb, and I hobbled off trying to not leave a blood trail. My immediate concern was my side, but this had made things problematic.

With my discovery, I no longer had the luxury of time. Injured or not I had to try and get Midnight out as soon as possible.

Attachments:

(edited by Jaric.5679)

Warning Buoy!

Thalador.4218

10 hours ago…

His arms stroked the water harder, his legs lashed the deep blue of the sea into a foam of white. The salt marred the reddening, oozing wounds on his torso, the water filled his nostrils, his mouth, but he swam on, not looking up. Minutes had passed before exhaustion and pain prevailed. He let his limbs relax, gently keeping him afloat with limp kicks, while his salt-pinched eyes searched for the Consortium vessel. The stylized golemite on her sails was growing smaller and smaller, before completely disappearing on the edge of horizon.

“Consortium swines!” Zann cursed. He knew they had spotted him. He heard the shouts of the lookout, followed by complete silence and the unfurling of all sails. It was a common pirate trick around these island-ridden waters to feign the plight of a shipwrecked, and when the naive vessel stops to help, the friends of the deceiver ambush them. The Consortium captain’s reaction was understandable to a degree, yet heartless nonetheless – especially after he’d seen him swimming after them for an entire mile.

He was a mile closer to Lion’s Arch, but all the weaker now. Without proper meal, water, and medical treatment, he only had a day at best.

Zann set his eyes on an island closer to his current location. With a heavy sigh, he began the torturous trek to another Balthazar-cursed sand dune.

The noise of merry brawling and tavern music woke him from the feverish sleep the burning pain had drowned him in.

“Great… the hallucinations are starting.” Sitting up with slight difficulty, shivering from the cooling sand, his eyes fell on orange flames hovering above the dark sea in the shape of the ship: from the tall stern, through the lookout posts on the masts, to the cannon windows running in two lines to the prow. “Definitely hallucinations.”

Zann shook his head, blinking the dream out of his eyes. But the fen fire and its reflection in the nightly mirror of the sea did not disappear. If anything, the music sped up and the jolly party only got wilder.

“Bloody pirates…” Zann mumbled and hopped to his feet. The frigate was cruising very slowly, her sails at half-mast on a windless night, and in just several minutes she would pass close to the shallows of “his” islet.

I have to try. Just one last swim…
Climbing on the barnacle-crusted hull on the rear, Zann stopped for a moment, his fingers tracing the dry, weathered paintwork. As his eyes got used to the intense light of the lantern hanging from the helm above, he could finally read out the name of the fine lass: Queen’s Third Head.

The last survivor of Covington’s private fleet. The very deserters who fled the Battle of Laughing Gull Island, leaving their Hydra Queen in her hour of need. There were rumors floating around that they joined Bloody Bill’s Buccaneers after Taidha’s death, but with the colors they were flying it was a rumor no longer.

Zann smiled despite his failing health. If he just managed to survive, he could learn crucial insider information regarding the pirate plot and their accomplice.

I only need to take over the ship. With a conceited smile, he vaulted over the railing to the officers’ quarters.

Attachments:

A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

Warning Buoy!

Thalador.4218

15 minutes ago

“H-hey, Karrl!” The pale, bulky norn first mate staggered against the wall of the empty storage room; all the rum was stored here until tonight.

“Whas’it, Oleg?” An asura bosun of taller stature but shameful inebriety crawled against the opposite corner.

“Do ya see anything?”

“I chan’th see nothing.” It would’ve been surprising if he had, given he was glaring at the shadow he was making on the wall, trying to straighten up. “And you?”

“Coast’s clear. No shadows here, fer certain.” Oleg leant his head into the corner, almost falling asleep. “Gotta… take a… nap.”

“Jhust kheep lhoooking, you dhimwhit!” Karrl hollered, nearly toppling over to his back. “I saw what I shaw… an inv-invinsible-invibisle.”

“Invisible?”

“That!” Karrl sharply clicked with his numb tongue. “An invisible shadow rushed in here!”

“But if it’s invisible, how could you’ve seen?” Oleg scratched his bandana.

“Don’t bhe more bookah than you alrehdy are! We’re lhookhing for tha shource… that’s invibisle. Aha!” Unsheathing his dagger, he began cutting thin air with unyielding conviction. “I jhust know it’s in tha cornehr!”

There was a soft, crunching sound. The wheezing slashes of the steel blade stopped.

“I can’t believe I’m here instead of inspecting Mathilde’s new tattoo.” Oleg chuckled. There was no response. “Karrl? You there?”

The last sensual memories of First Mate Oleg was a hush of wind, a flash of oily blue in the corner of his eyes… then a momentary pain in his spine… and at last; all-engulfing darkness.

Zann let out a sigh of relief and shed his cloak of stealth, then threw away the dagger the norn’s massive spine had nicked. Staying hidden for such lengthy periods in such a weakened state was risky, however, luring two tremendously drunk officers to their doom required enormous patience.

5 minutes ago

Captain Lance was staring out the stained glass windows of his soon-to-be refurbished quarters. It seemed he’d made quite the fortune on desertion and the implementation of his late Queen’s plan.

A pity that he will never see his new office. Zann thought, silently sneaking up behind him. The good captain was so immersed in visualizing the new visage of his room that cloaking was no longer necessary.

Good night, Captain!

The chair leg swung high before descending on the unsuspecting man’s skull in a momen’t notice. It took only a sickening crack to put an end to Lance’s hardships of decision-making for good.

He let the body slump to the floor, taking the pistol in the process.

“Captain!” Someone with a growling voice stormed through the door. “Oleg and Karrl are dead!” That is when the widened feline eyes found the half-naked, barefoot human with a bloodied chair leg in one hand, Lance’s pistol in the other, standing above the limp body of his captain.

“Intruder! To ar-…” A bullet to the gullet cut him off.

Heavy footfalls banged towards the captain’s quarters.

Zann turned on his heels and opened the window. Sliding the gun into his belt, he climbed out to the ledge, only to jump and climb straight up to the helm.

The sylvari helmsman reacted instantly, unsheathing two leaf-edged sabers and leaping at the murderous infiltrator in the blink of an eye.

The instincts made Zann roll forward, his hand following the nerves to the pistol in his belt. The moment he arrived to a kneeling position, the gun slid into palm, arm stretched back, finger pulled. The painful scream born of a shattered knee-cap was satisfactory enough. Zann lunged ahead, rushing towards the prow.

By now the crew realized he was on the main deck: they all dashed up to put him down. At the same time, lookouts scurried down like spiders on ropes, and even the severly intoxicated crewmembers attempted to push themselves up from the uncomfortable wedge between two cannons.

The enraged pirates let loose a stream of bullets after the fleeing murderer. Zann returned – blind – fire as best he could, rushing for the pit in the middle of the deck, his legs shaking from all the effort and exhaustion of the past three days.

With a final dodge roll he fell through the cargo pit.

The pain of the hard impact faded quickly; he was swimming in adrenalin, after all. Pushing up, he came face to face with two swords, but with no guns. Pointing the pistol at their owners, he forced them to the front of the room, while the dastardly plan formed to perfection in his mind. With a swift tug, he hurled the canvas at the floor.

“Good ol’ Blackpowder…” He smirked.

Human, norn, charr, asura flooded the hold; both from the stairway and the grate above. A man in his mid-thirties, with an ugly rash on his neck, stepped forward. Judging from his Buccaneer epaulet, he was the crewmaster – and the last surviving officer.

“Fancy meeting you all here!” Zann aimed down the barrel at the ammunition rack, not taking his gaze off of the mismatched commotion. “Parley?”

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

“You got any family?” Londatt asked.

“..My little sister lives with my mother,” I said quietly, thinking of the beautiful rolling hills of Kryta. The thought of my family made me miss them all the more.

“And your father?”

“Killed by centaurs.”

“Oh…” Londatt hesitated. “My condolences.”

I shook my head, trying to ignore the sudden feelings of sadness that overwhelmed me. “What about your family?” I asked, eager for a subject change.

Londatt gave a heavy sigh through his mask breather, thinking of his own life. “My wife and daughter live in Rata Sum,” he replied quietly. “Little girl is the spark of my life…top of her class. I want her to attend the College of Statics, but my wife insists on Synergetics. I guess it’s only natural that parents want their children to follow their footsteps…”

He looked over. “What about you? You must have some kind of schooling.”

I shrugged, trying to stretch a crick in my arm within the confines of the cage. “…My mother taught me how to make potions…and I sort of got an apprenticeship in making jewelry.”

“Well, that’s commendable,” Londatt replied, trying to sound cheery. “I myself have always been fascinated by the magicology presented in precious gemstones.”

“…Not that kind of jewelry,” I answered. “Mostly I just made trinkets to sell to tourist.”

“Ah, I see…” Londatt scratched the back of his ears, trying to keep the conversation going. “So! Um..what brought you to Lion’s Arch then?”

I glanced out of my cell, watching the krait, swimming in the dark murky waters. “…Came to look for work.”

“Oh? What is it you do?” he asked

“…Let’s just say I’m freelance.” I replied, leaving it at that. “What about you? Why’d you come to Lion’s Arch?”

“Well, my specialty falls in ship designs,” he said. “I was researching the causes of several ships sinking at the docks within the harbor.”

“so you build ships?”

“Oh, no no no, I design ships,” he replied. “I let others do the building for me.”

“Ah, right.”

He nodded. “One day I had hired a sailor to take me to the outskirts of the harbor. I wanted a proper analysis of the outer geographical region. But that was when we were ambushed by….krait.”

He sighed heavily, staring grimly at the underwater towers ahead. “…We’re going to die here…”

I didn’t reply. There was nothing to say that could change the situation we were in.

It wasn’t too long until the krait came back to our cells, ordering us out and directing us to more work. they had us construct support beams for a newer tower, tying together the broken debree of shipwrecks.

“An utterly inefficient design,” Londatt muttered quietly. “It’s a wonder how these bookah managed to survive as a species…”

“Keep your voice down,” I whispered back. “They might hear you.”

I watched a krait lead another prisoner into the cells. “That looks to be another sailor,” Londatt remarked, watching as well. “Pour soul, likely another unfortunate victim of these shipwrecks.”

Suddenly there was a bright burst of light above, followed by angry shrieks. Krait swam around in a frenzy. I tensed, shooting a look over to Londatt. If we could make a break for it in the ruckus-

“Get the slaves back into their cells!!!” the outburst was quickly followed by a sharp prod to my side. So much for the distraction. All of the slaves were ushered back into the holding cells as the krait began a headcount.

“We are missing a prisoner…” one of the slave drivers hissed.

The krait priestess riled up, seething with rage. “Find them! Kill them! and bring me back their skulls! None must escape this place! None! We must not be found!!”

“Lucky fella whoever that was,” Londatt whispered. “If he manages to evade his pursuers.”

“Lucky for him, not lucky for us,” I said. My heart sank. the chances of getting out of here were getting closer to none. I was just about to give up all hope, until I spotted a strange marking on the inside of my cell.

My fingers brushed over the mark. That wasn’t there before. The Order of Whispers? my heart fluttered. Was that them? are they here? How-how do they know? How did they find us? Are they really looking for us? And why is the mark inside my cell? We’re they searching for me?

Londatt glanced over. “See something?” He asked.

“…No,” I answered. If the Order really was here, then I had to keep it quiet. I couldn’t risk telling Londatt.

I felt for the two tiny shell pieces inside my pocket. My mind was made up. I was going to get out of here, or take along a few krait with me to my watery grave.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

((This is all pure gold, folks. Keep it coming! ))

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

“Krait priestess at three o’clock,” Londatt whispered.

I glanced over. The priestess was indeed swimming over. My eyes rested on the dagger in her hand. “Great…”

“It seems we’ll need to speed things up and get the ssacrificess sooonnerr,” She chided. “Are you ready for eternal ensslavement in the afterlife?”

“….what happened to my other dagger?” I asked, ignoring her comment. “You usually carried both with you.”

She hissed. “Why are you interested?”

I glared back at her. “That way, when I get out of here, I can shove both daggers into your your skull to pluck your eyes out, you ugly witch-”

The priestess hissed angrily, plunging my dagger between the bars and stabbing foot. I scrambled backwards, pressing my back against the bars of my cell.

“Something got you angry,” I growled back. “What’s the matter? Forgot to shine your scales this morning?”

“You will suffer for your insolence!!” She shrieked. She raised her hand, summoning a swarm of barracuda that swam into my cage. I screamed, covering my head with my arms as their sharp teeth bit through the fabric of my rags.

Once the priestess was convinced I had suffered enough, she called off the swarm. “You will be the first of ssacrifice,” She hissed, rising to her full height to tower over my cowering form. “Enjoy what little time you have left alive!”

The priestess swam off, leaving me to nurse my wounds. “Well,” Londatt remarked, “I certainly hope that was worth it…”

“It was,” I said, painfully rolling up a sleeve.

“Well please do explain,” he said. “Before I extend the title of ‘Bookah’ to you as well.”

Grimacing, I pulled out a barracuda tooth. “I got this,” I said, showing it to him triumphantly.

“…Congratulations. You managed to get a tooth off a barracuda. Your overextended stay here has clearly made you gone insane.”

“Just watch and learn,” I said. I took the tooth and stuffed it inside the lock of my cell door, forcing it in with a shell. “Now the krait can’t open the lock…they’ll have to break the cage. With weapons. Weapons I can grab and fight my way out…”

“And you can fight off a multitude of krait?”

I looked over at the symbol behind the lock, then up into the distant surface above. “If not, I’m going to die trying…”

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

My side ached. There were all sorts of herbs, tinctures, salves and remedies that could be used to assist in the healing of wounds. Sadly, none were fast acting, and I only had standard bandages with some numbing gel. I had patched myself up as best as I could, and hoped the layers along with my armour would help keep the numbing gel from washing away too quickly. The amount of pain I could feel through the gel was not a good sign. The bleeding appeared to have stopped, and a quick meal of rations returned some energy while I waited for the Krait search to expand past me. Searching they were, thankfully if nothing else the Order had taught me how to hide while being hunted. I wasn’t that far away from the prison cells, I focused on finding a hiding place rather than distance with my wound.

Once they had passed, I began to work my way back to the cells. Now, while a large number were out hunting after (I presumed) being heavily chastised by their priestess was the ideal time to try and get Midnight out.

Soon. I thought to myself. Just hold on, Midnight. I’ll be there soon.

Warning Buoy!

Zaxares.5419

((Dang it, Arikyali. Now you make me feel bad about all those slaves I leave behind when doing Hearts. ))

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

((Dang it, Arikyali. Now you make me feel bad about all those slaves I leave behind when doing Hearts. ))

You should feel bad!

Warning Buoy!

Zaxares.5419

You should feel bad!

I save as many as I can! But the durned fools keep getting captured faster than I can free them! :P

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Meanwhile my rogue Order of Whispers Agent has been following the motions of Bubbles rather closely, from my Agent’s less-known and even-lesser-frequented perch in Lion’s Arch, as Bubbles ventures all over Tyria from such humble beginnings in the shallows of the harbour in Lion’s Arch.

(Sorry, I’m more of an onlooker/observer than a storyteller)

It’s a great story guys, keep it up!!

Attachments:

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

The pain in my side was offset by the pleasure I saw at the lack of guards as I returned to the prison. My hopes were correct, the rest of the Krait were either out hunting me (and the other escaped slave, I presumed) or laying low to avoid the wrath of the priestess. I still didn’t want to take any chances whatsoever in my injured state, and took my time checking everywhere as I progressed closer. I was careful enough that Nobody saw my approach, not even Midnight. She looked ready and eager to do something, a large difference to the last time I saw her. I couldn’t help myself. My cheeky side came to the fore, and I carefully slipped a hand through the bars of her cage, tapping her on the shoulder. I removed my hand quickly, there was every chance she was wired and could lash out without looking.

I was right to do so. She spun, slashing water with something in her hand. I think it was a shell. Her eyes widened when she realised I wasn’t Krait. She glanced at the mark I had left, and raised one eyebrow questioningly. Good. I thought. She hasn’t told the Asuran. I nodded slightly, and then prepared my next trick. With a flourish I pulled the cell keys from my pocket and brandished them proudly.

Dismay flooded her face. This was… well, not the reaction I had quite expected to her rescue. The cell over, the Asuran appeared to be holding in laughter. I was totally missing something here. As I slid around to unlock the door, Midnight reached out and dragged me close.

“I… uh.. I sabotaged the lock so they couldn’t open the cell.” she whispered. Now her dismay and the Asurans mirth made sense. I tested the keys anyway, hoping it wasn’t a totally useless idea. Sadly, it was. I was going to have to try and break the lock, which wasn’t going to be easy, or quick.

((Will be finishing work shortly and heading home. Story will continue soon™))

Warning Buoy!

Sophiera.1209

Sunday Guild obligations had impeded my progress of searching Midnight. My gut feeling tells me that some Whisperdude would have made much better progress on the search.

After leading yet another army up Scarlet’s Tower of Nightmares, I find myself planting my face in my pillow instead of searching

Too many potent chemicals, too much toxic spores.

It got me thinking about Miss Bubbles’ situation. One man (or one salad) can’t do much. There needs to be a collaborated effort in understanding the situation. Vigilantes add too much confusion.

Furthermore, I need to finish writing my book before the year ends.

Looking at the wanted posters gave me an idea. So I head to the printing press. I’ll use my new commander title to make a poster.

They needed a picture, but I didn’t have any suitable shots. At this point I really should have hired a professional artist. However I didn’t have the time or money for it.

So I drew and typesetted the notice as well as I can. To be honest, I’ve not been to the Priory much since Sieran died. I joined it out of curiosity, and that curiosity died with her.

Hopefully with this notice, we can establish a better rapport between each other and clear the misunderstanding on Miss Bubbles.

I pasted the notice around the Asuran Gates and Lion’s Arch Bank. Hopefully good news will come by, if not some resemblance of order.

Now to continue editing my book… and get my past-present tense straight.

((( The book writing part is real. I’m almost done writing my Novel )))

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Field Report

Clearance: Primus rank and above

Legion: Ash
Cohort: The Gladia
Agent: Kraag Deadsoul
Junior Agent: Tarna Shadowclaw

Append to: Legions > Ash > Missions > Active > Surveillance > Bubbles Powderpuff

Objective: Lion’s Arch > Lion’s Gate > lighthouse

Report:
Per investigative protocols, junior agent TS was selected to accompany the mission due to her skills in forensics.

We set out after dusk to investigate the Lion’s Gate lighthouse. When darkness fell en route to the beacon, we could both clearly see light shining brightly from atop the spire. This led me to question the veracity of the field agent reports I had read claiming the light had been extinguished. Regardless, we pressed on.

Approximately half-way to our destination, the lighthouse went black. Curious though this was, it paled in comparison to what I observed next. Catching a glint of light in my peripheral vision, I witnessed a new beacon had sprung up in the direction of Diverse Ledges.

A paler green light than the bright yellow of the lighthouse, it none-the-less shone with significant intensity. Ensconced within a cut of the cliff, the mysterious beam was well-hidden from the city below, but would have been clearly visible from the sea. It was pure luck we saw it at all; coincident timing and the angle of our path are all that afforded us a glimpse of its location.

The thought occurred to me then, “Why would anyone place a beacon near the cliffs, rocky shoals, and submerged outcroppings of Diverse Ledges?” The answer came when I scanned across the bay and out to sea; the pale lights of a ship, barely perceptible in the distance, was working its way from open water to the harbor. Agent TS then spoke aloud what I had been thinking, “They’ll be crushed on the rocks!

I debated with myself a course of action; forward to the lighthouse with no guarantee it could be reignited (as well as the confusion that may ensue for the ill-fated ship if we did reignite it), or turn towards the steady, if unknown, source of illumination. I chose the latter.

The journey to the imposter beacon required we retrace our entire path by foot. Swimming across the mouth of the bay was not an option. Even if we could
have managed the strong currents washing in and out the harbor, the sheer cliffs of Diverse Ledges would not have permitted us to scale up from the water below. The scaffolding to the popular diving spot would have been useless, as well, given the light source’s higher and more Southerly position along the cliff face. No, we had to access it from above and that meant travel by land back through the city.

We quickly made our way through Lion’s Arch, ducking in and out the alleys and backstreets. Using the cover of darkness to our advantage, we wound our way up
through White Crane Terrace. Cautiously approaching the cliff, we peered over the edge to better gauge our target’s location. From that vantage point we made out four indistinct figures silhouetted against the source of illumination.

I contemplated leaving the ship to its doom, then simply observing the aftermath from the shadows in the hope of discovering the responsible party. Lion’s Arch has become a powder keg with the recent events, however, and one more wrecked ship might have been all the spark needed to ignite it. If this had happened, our efforts in the city would be greatly…compromised. I chose to prevent another sinking in favor of our long-term interests.

On my signal, agent TS and I slid down a series of ledges to where the mysterious figures were huddled. Their attention turned sea-ward, they were unaware of our presence until we were upon them. Three Kraitt and a cloaked figure, approximately human-sized and standing on two legs, huddled around a giant clam. I attacked without warning, using hand-to-hand techniques; we could not risk making noise and possibly alerting reinforcements, if any.

Two of the Kraitt fell to my dagger. Agent TS fired her pistol at the third. The bullet grazed the Kraitt’s head; it reeled backwards and fell over the precipice. No body has since been recovered from the rocks nor water below. It was my fault for not making my intent clear to agent TS this was to be a silent surgical strike. I was primary agent on this mission and accept full responsibility for the consequences that have ensued.

At that point, there was nothing for it but to finish the job. I pounced on the cloaked figure, but it wasn’t blood which stained my dagger. It’s hood drawn back, I witnessed a fading phosphorescent glow as the Sylvari cursed, “Your kind will become the monsters of Nightmare!

(field report continues)

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

(edited by Kraag Deadsoul.2789)

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

(continuation of field report)

I then turned to the giant clam, considering it briefly. The mother-of-pearl which lined the top shell had been polished to a mirror-like brilliance; an efficient reflector. The bottom half was filled with water in which was submerged some type of luminescent plant; but with a glow far more intense than any I had ever seen or heard tell. The dazzling light it emitted was near-blinding. There was no time for a more in-depth study; I closed the shell, dousing the light. After my eyes readjusted to the dark, it’s then I became aware of a cave entrance in the cliff face behind the giant clam. It, too, had to wait.

By that point the ship had reached the mouth of the bay. Fortunately, the shell light extinguished, it was no longer drawn like a moth to the flame. Though safe, the vessel was considerably out of position. Moreover, the crew’s lanterns – swarming like fireflies on the main deck – bore witness to their state of disarray at the loss of their “guiding” light. In the glow, we could just make out the standard of the Consortium on the main sail. I instructed Agent TS to head for the docks, roust any Charr harbor pilot she could find, and order them to row out to meet the ship; rejoining me at the lighthouse after completing her task.

It then occurred to me that the foghorn at Lion’s Gate had not alerted the bay to the ship’s approach, calling the pilots to guide it in. I proceeded to dive into the water and swam across to Lion’s Gate; there was still the matter of the lighthouse to attend.

I am informed by the Chief Corpsman of the LA Bureau that the toxin levels are still high. I require additional rest and recuperation before he will grant clearance to resume duty. Field Report filed as incomplete; addendum to follow.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: DuskyFaery.7263

DuskyFaery.7263

A few hours ago

Aislinn studied the rocks before her wondering where the glowy krait had come from. She felt a small pang for killing them without trying to find out first, but it faded quickly. Aha! There was an break in the rock-face; jumping back into the water she headed into the dark muttering to herself. “Krait near LA? That doesn’t seem right.” She was
sure Tactician Roland would have asked her to go krait hunting last time she passed through Fort Marriner.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Sophiera.1209

Mini update:

Entry to the Lighthouse is barred, as usual. No entry except for emergencies. Despite the suspicious state of affairs, red tape still reigns supreme.

I tried asking Klaag at the Eastern Ward vista for his rocket gun. He refused.
I tried to run away with it, but the device self destructs after a certain distance away from the owner.

Dagnabbit.

So I got myself a huge mug of coffee, added chocolate and milk…. and downed it in one go.

Charged by the power of caffeine and sugar, I tried to jump the lighthouse from the ouside. After obtaining ‘Honours in Applied Jumping’ and decked out in Tribulation Mode SAB weapons, the lighthouse should be a piece of cake.

Or so I thought. In SAB there are no Lionguards. In Real life, they’re everywhere!

I ended up in the medical ward for ‘Overdose of various stimulants’. They won’t discharge me until the next morning.

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

Mini update:

Entry to the Lighthouse is barred, as usual. No entry except for emergencies. Despite the suspicious state of affairs, red tape still reigns supreme.

I tried asking Klaag at the Eastern Ward vista for his rocket gun. He refused.
I tried to run away with it, but the device self destructs after a certain distance away from the owner.

Dagnabbit.

So I got myself a huge mug of coffee, added chocolate and milk…. and downed it in one go.

Charged by the power of caffeine and sugar, I tried to jump the lighthouse from the ouside. After obtaining ‘Honours in Applied Jumping’ and decked out in Tribulation Mode SAB weapons, the lighthouse should be a piece of cake.

Or so I thought. In SAB there are no Lionguards. In Real life, they’re everywhere!

I ended up in the medical ward for ‘Overdose of various stimulants’. They won’t discharge me until the next morning.

Hah!! That’s hilarious. Note to self: Don’t give Sophie an over-excess of anything that contains caffeine and sugar…

Warning Buoy!

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

to bring in some musical in this story

“Aaannd I Am Javert”

(edited by Balsa.3951)

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

I can’t help but notice we’re missing a very important character in this tale. Where’s Captain Storyteller?!

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

I know, right? He started this whole thing, I’d very much enjoy his return.

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

I cursed my luck. Here I was, in a good situation with all the tools necessary to free Midnight, and it was all for nothing. I stared at the lock, hoping for shoddy Krait workmanship. Sadly, slave retention was something they valued, and that lock was sturdy. If not the lock, then maybe the hinges. There had to be some way to get this cell opened. Krait had made it nigh impossible to escape from inside a cell, but from the outside, it might just be possible. Tracing the construction, I searched for any weakness. I briefly wondered how they forged the metal cage together, but put it out of my mind. There. I recognised those hinges now. I could open this cage.

Despite my dislike of the Asuran’s mirth, I still passed the keys to him. Nobody deserved to be down here, and if he got out I he could help. I wasn’t hopeful that one would be the key to his cell, I was fairly certain he had a different slaver. Now I had to find something sturdy, this next part was going to require the combination of two people working together. I swam down and searched for something useful, and found a reasonable piece of timber. If it held for long enough, it would do the trick.

Attachments:

Warning Buoy!

Sophiera.1209

Hah!! That’s hilarious. Note to self: Don’t give Sophie an over-excess of anything that contains caffeine and sugar…

(( Psst in RL they kinda do nothing to me XD))

My forced stay in the sick bay allowed me to read the latest updates of Miss Bubble’s adventures.

So is she…. really a Mermaid?
Or she’s a human pretending to be a mermaid?

I wonder if this is a gimmick to promote [FISH], (possible) sea beauty products, fashion and tourism?

Be it true or false, it’s sure effective! Everyone is talking about it! The doctors, the nurses, the drunks, the unstable, the ill and not so ill. A little girl beside me flopped around in her bed, imagining herself to be a mermaid in the ocean.

Mermaid-mania is turning into the latest fad. As a Salad my first response if of congratulations to Miss Bubbles. However, the cynical nightmare-touched side of me wondered if it’s going to bring too much trouble for our new Mermaid star.

I know, right? He started this whole thing, I’d very much enjoy his return.

I did write on the poster asking about his wherebouts. Maybe he sailed a bit too far out to fight kraits and have…. troubles getting back home?

Warning Buoy!

Arikyali.5804

How was I supposed to know he actually had a key with him?

Londatt was too busy trying to fiddle the key into his lock. the key fit, but was stubborn with turning. his arms were shorter than a human’s, and he was struggling with mustering the force to turn the key.

“Not to worry,” he said excitedly. “It’s the proper key – it has to be. Once I’m freed, I’m sure we’ll get you out just as quickly.”

I desperately hoped so, keeping an eye out for any other Whisper agents that might be swimming in these waters. There had to be more…that lone stranger couldn’t be the only one. And there was no way I was their prime target. I wasn’t important enough to catch the interest of the Whisperers. I just couldn’t risk letting myself get left behind when they infiltrated the krait city.

Warning Buoy!

Jaric.5679

By Lyssa was I glad for the turmoil I created earlier. It was so quiet here now, and the timing couldn’t be better. Nightfall was approaching, which would make the land escape easier. But Lyssa was a two-faced god, and I could feel the gel slowly being washed away from my wound.

I returned with the plank of timber to find the Asuran furiously trying to open his cell. I ignored him, if the right key was on there he would get out on his own just fine. If not… well, if not I was about to make a huge racket that wouldn’t give me time to repeat the act. I slid the plank into place, it fit on an angle between the bars, and would allow me to apply pressure to force the hinges outwards. Keeping to my silent code, I indicated to Midnight that she should periodically try to kick the door upwards. She nodded her understanding and got into position.

I readied myself. This was going to hurt. I gripped the cell with one hand, and placed my other on the outside of the plank. Taking a deep breath, a brief thought came to mind – I really needed to replace this rebreather. It stinks. – and just as quickly left. I started to try and pull my arms together. My side throbbed in renewed protest. Midnight kicked the door. Aside from a dull clank, nothing happened. I squeezed harder, and felt a tearing in my side. The fresh scab had just reopened, I was once again short on time. Midnight gave the door another kick, and something gave. Just a little, but I could feel it through the plank. I gave her a quick nod of encouragement, then squeezed with all my might. If I wasn’t underwater, I would have been drenched in sweat from effort and pain. Midnight kicked the door. Once, twice, three times while I laboured. Each time a fraction of movement. Each time sending a jolt through my body, enhancing the spike of pain in my side.

I don’t know if she did anything different with her fourth kick, as by that time my face was contorted with effort and my eyes were closed, but the door popped with a loud screeching. The sudden reduction in resistance threw me off balance, and I collapsed against the cage, gasping for breath. I glanced at the Asuran, who was still struggling with the keys. We both knew there was no time for him. My side felt like it had a red hot poker stuck inside it. One saving grace was the cell was near the edge of the prison, rather than the center. It was likely we could get away before Krait arrived to investigate that noise.

Midnight was free. The Krait were coming. It was time to go.