We *DO* want to know what's in development.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

According to what’s on the forums, ANet’s company communication policy is pretty much “don’t tell them what’s in development until we’re sure its going to happen.”

I feel like this has a very fundamental flaw, which I’d like to explore and ask for other opinions on. Basically, the policy presupposes that the playerbase would be more disappointed to know that something has left the development cycle, than they would be excited to learn that something is currently in the cycle.

But this is clearly false. When we hear about the devs doing something and stopping, we are maybe personally disappointed for a short while, but still come away reassured that ANet has looked into the problem thoroughly and there was a legitimate reason for whatever decision was made.

When we hear nothing, all we can do is assume the worst, that ANet is ignoring or oblivious to critical problems.

Not talking about development actually reduces our confidence in ArenaNet as knowledgeable observers of the game’s state.

In addition, by reducing player confidence the Arenanet developers end up with long-term negative images amongst the playerbase. The scorn we have for a developer who flat out doesn’t know what they’re doing, is alot higher than what we have for one who simply makes a decision we don’t agree with. I think the currrent state of the forums and reddit are pretty clear indicators that this non-communicative policy is harmful to both players and Devs.

One of the arguments against discussion of ongoing development is that players will feel betrayed if you say that something is going to happen, but then it does not. Please do not insult our intelligence. If you tell us that things are up in the air or not decided yet, a veritable legion of nit-pickers will correct anyone who dares ignore that statement.

Far more serious is the sense of betrayal that happens when things are discussed late in development, when you’re already sure they’ll be happening. Often times it feels that we need to go to drastic measures to be heard in time, and most times we are not. I commend arenanet for taking quick action on the commander tag issue, but would point them towards things like the mesmer torment buff. When you talk about things that are already set to happen, it gives us the sense that you only want to look like there’s discussion going on. What’s the point of telling us these things before patch day, if we’re not going to be given the time to give our reflections?

I’ve seen Colin’s suggestion that devs begin posting broad outlines of development goals, and I think that it’s a good one. However, please understand that in order to restore player confidence, we’re going to need to see more than what the devs are asking themselves. Those are the same questions we’re asking every day. Instead, just be frank with us. We can take it. If you’re thinking “kitten healing signet is OP” put that on the forum, not “We want to address sustain imbalances”. Saying that you’re thinking about something or “it’s on the table” means nothing. What you’re doing on the table means everything, and we’d take a lot more than a little disappointment for a peek up there.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

(edited by Linnael.1069)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Have you seen what happens on these forums if something that have been announced is ever changed even in the slightest way?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Linnael.1069

Have you seen what happens on these forums if something that have been announced is ever changed even in the slightest way?

I’ve certainly never seen the entire front two pages be flooded with posts insinuating that ANet does nothing at all with their time. I’ve never seen a wholesale crash of player confidence. I’ve never seen anything warrant a flood of dev responses, a return of the CDI, and a bunch of game designer posts regarding high level company policy.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I’ve certainly never seen the entire front two pages be flooded with posts insinuating that ANet does nothing at all with their time. I’ve never seen a wholesale crash of player confidence. I’ve never seen anything warrant a flood of dev responses, a return of the CDI, and a bunch of game designer posts regarding high level company policy.

After two years of blog posts, dev updates, and what-have-you from ANet, it’s pretty clear at this point that their main tool is the classic carrot on the stick. Sure, O’Brien can say that they don’t want to string players along, but that’s exactly what they’re doing by refusing to release development details on new content and committing to a timetable.

Imagine that tomorrow, they change their policy and announce everything they have in the pipeline and what you can expect for the next year to come. What if it’s not good enough? What if it’s just more of the same Living Story and Gem Store updates? I know I’d be gone for good.

By keeping radio silence, they let each player individually build up their own hype and expectations. I wonder what they’re working on… I mean, as far as we know, it could literally be anything.

And that’s the point.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

We DO want to know what’s in development.

No I don’t. Surprise me.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

After two years of blog posts, dev updates, and what-have-you from ANet, it’s pretty clear at this point that their main tool is the classic carrot on the stick. Sure, O’Brien can say that they don’t want to string players along, but that’s exactly what they’re doing by refusing to release development details on new content and committing to a timetable.

Imagine that tomorrow, they change their policy and announce everything they have in the pipeline and what you can expect for the next year to come. What if it’s not good enough? What if it’s just more of the same Living Story and Gem Store updates? I know I’d be gone for good.

By keeping radio silence, they let each player individually build up their own hype and expectations. I wonder what they’re working on… I mean, as far as we know, it could literally be anything.

And that’s the point.

And that’s exactly what has left me skeptical and investing my wallet in another game, because I don’t like feeling that someone is holding their cards that close to their chest. It don’t like feeling toyed with, and as a customer, if I can’t trust the business I am doing business with, there is no point in continuing a relationship. For me to do so would feel incredibly dysfunctional.

Bottom line: for me, it’s off-putting. I won’t use stronger language, although I could.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Flytrap.8075

No I don’t. Surprise me.

Spoilers for Feature Patch February 2015:

• Introduced Green and Pink as Commander tag color choices.
  • Cleared up numerous tooltips.
Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

No I don’t. Surprise me.

Spoilers for Feature Patch February 2015:

*Introduced Green and Pink as Commander tag color choices.

*Clear up numerous tooltips.

I hate you!

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

We do know what’s in development. Living World Story.

Linnael.1069

No I don’t. Surprise me.

There would be no change in how surprised you are.

Only when that surprise happens.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Flooded with posts made mostly by a handful of people. This isn’t hundreds of people posting that they’re fed up. It’s a dozen. Have you ever heard of the expression storm in a tea cup? Well this is one.

A few people complain that they want to know stuff. Most of the playerbase still doesn’t even know what the megaserver is most likely. They’re playing the game without thinking to much about the game.

For each person who says nothing is happening another says they like what is happening.

It’s a very loud small group of people, making it sound like the game is in some dire crisis. It’s not. The game is doing fine and will continue to do fine.

For the record, I’m not against Anet being more transparent about future plans. I’m for it.

But the problem is, how can they do that when it really can change. What if they’re working on something and they test it and it just doesn’t work or fit with a game, but they’ve already announced it?

See Anet is gambling that people would rather not get their hopes up for something if it’s not definitely coming.

I can see their side of it too.

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

Honestly, I have a hard time understanding Anet’s policy – it’s unique in this industry.

Go spend ten minutes and look at the developer trackers for wow, swtor, tsw, eve, eso, wildstar, etc, etc – Anet’s communications are both fewer and far different in kind, and I don’t know what is behind the fundamental difference.

It’s pretty clear that the last gamermag interview was a bit of a straw to the camel’s back for the player base – and rightfully so; there’re serious issues that have existed for months and years that we as players have no idea if Anet even cares about or intends to address. To ask heartfelt questions about content that have simmered for months and receive politician-style dodging..

Meanwhile, the evidence of their actions – the commander tag fiasco, and others – demonstrates a tendency to misread player feedback.

I’ve already harped on how one problem is related to the other.

Do I want to know what’s coming next? I’d settle for knowing if Anet even thought the trait changes feedback merited serious change in the system. They wouldn’t have to spoil anything to tell me that, and yet they leave me peeved over the thing for months with no outlet.

Flytrap.8075

Honestly, I have a hard time understanding Anet’s policy – it’s unique in this industry.

Go spend ten minutes and look at the developer trackers for wow, swtor, tsw, eve, eso, wildstar, etc, etc – Anet’s communications are both fewer and far different in kind, and I don’t know what is behind the fundamental difference.

It’s pretty clear that the last gamermag interview was a bit of a straw to the camel’s back for the player base – and rightfully so; there’re serious issues that have existed for months and years that we as players have no idea if Anet even cares about or intends to address. To ask heartfelt questions about content that have simmered for months and receive politician-style dodging..

Meanwhile, the evidence of their actions – the commander tag fiasco, and others – demonstrates a tendency to misread player feedback.

I’ve already harped on how one problem is related to the other.

Do I want to know what’s coming next? I’d settle for knowing if Anet even thought the trait changes feedback merited serious change in the system. They wouldn’t have to spoil anything to tell me that, and yet they leave me peeved over the thing for months with no outlet.

You raise some good points.

I’d love to see some communication aside from Chris Whiteside mass quoting random posts and Colin Johanson telling us that ANet is in fact working on stuff but that said stuff cannot be discussed.

A little transparency goes a long way.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Flooded with posts made mostly by a handful of people. This isn’t hundreds of people posting that they’re fed up. It’s a dozen. Have you ever heard of the expression storm in a tea cup? Well this is one.

A few people complain that they want to know stuff. Most of the playerbase still doesn’t even know what the megaserver is most likely. They’re playing the game without thinking to much about the game.

For each person who says nothing is happening another says they like what is happening.

It’s a very loud small group of people, making it sound like the game is in some dire crisis. It’s not. The game is doing fine and will continue to do fine.

For the record, I’m not against Anet being more transparent about future plans. I’m for it.

But the problem is, how can they do that when it really can change. What if they’re working on something and they test it and it just doesn’t work or fit with a game, but they’ve already announced it?

See Anet is gambling that people would rather not get their hopes up for something if it’s not definitely coming.

While I can see that point also, I have to wonder. If it’s an extreme minority that is upset about lack of communication, then why the sudden interest in deflating that impression? I certainly wouldn’t get too excited, as a company, about a “very small, loud, group of people.”

Speaking only for myself, I’d rather see them abandon the existing policy and be more up front. What the policy says to me is, “We are concerned about what people say.”

Posted by: AlphaNeonic.1925

AlphaNeonic.1925

And that’s the point.

It all makes sense now. Guild Wars 2 development is basically RNG. Everyone gambles their time (and money on gems) hoping on hope that the thing they want most (S.A.B., Dungeons, Expansion) is being worked on. You pour hundreds of comments into any outlet that will listen. You make posts and posts of complaints and requests and criticisms all over these forums and reddit. You keep investing time into the game, thinking that the content you want MIGHT be coming. Anet didn’t say it wasn’t!

They just can’t talk about it right now.

The curtain has to come down guys. For as many people that will hang around waiting, many more are leaving because they’re not being told what’s going on. Tell people what you’re working on and start listening to what they want to see.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s not the announcing that causes the issues, it’s when we wait for well past a reasonable amount of time for any of these requests or announcements to be placed in the game that causes the issue. Please stop confusing the need for more communication with the need for said communication to ACTUALLY occur in the game! It’s a cognitive dissonance argument and it’s non sequitur. Case in point, hobosacks. /endofline

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

No I don’t. Surprise me.

There would be no change in how surprised you are.

Only when that surprise happens.

You do not know this. What you have typed is a lie.

Vayne.8563

While I can see that point also, I have to wonder. If it’s an extreme minority that is upset about lack of communication, then why the sudden interest in deflating that impression? I certainly wouldn’t get too excited, as a company, about a “very small, loud, group of people.”

Speaking only for myself, I’d rather see them abandon the existing policy and be more up front. What the policy says to me is, “We are concerned about what people say.”

Because the minority makes the forums look like everyone is saying the same thing. Reddit had a bad day too after the SAB interview, but you go to reddit now and it’s back to normal. People aren’t reacting there like people are reacting here.

But it’s not always the fact of something that causes issues but the impression. Every now and again, there’ll be some urban legend that goes around about rats in hamburgers at McDonalds or spiders, or whatever. And those companies know well that most people won’t believe it and won’t care, but they’ll still say something, because the people who do believe it will say it everywhere. They’ll get naive people to believe it and before you know it, people are talking a whole lot of nonsense about something that never happened.

The first place some people will go when they get a new game is to the forums. So it’s in Anet’s best interest to not have that be a totally negative experience. The combination of factors hitting at once, did a pretty good job curtailing the stuff being announced for the next feature patch.

So Anet goes into damage control mode, because they want the feature patch information to be the focus, not a few very loud people taking over the forums with complaints that are certainly legit for some people, but are overstated.

As long as those people keep ignoring what has been done, while using words like no content has come out, it’s in Anet best interest to make some sort of stand. I would in their shoes.

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

I dont get the silence when a major competitor (blizz) is doing everything they can to show gamers what they DO have in the pipe so to speak to keep customers, is it because anet actually have nothing in the pot to show ?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Because the minority makes the forums look like everyone is saying the same thing. Reddit had a bad day too after the SAB interview, but you go to reddit now and it’s back to normal. People aren’t reacting there like people are reacting here.

Vayne, haven’t you heard? All of the subreddit are ArenaNet zealots who believe they can do no wrong and the game is perfect. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Vayne.8563

I dont get the silence when a major competitor (blizz) is doing everything they can to show gamers what they DO have in the pipe so to speak to keep customers, is it because anet actually have nothing in the pot to show ?

There are two types of writers. Guys like Piers Anthony outline their work and they write it to that outline, hardly ever varying what they write. Guys like Stephen King don’t use outlines and evolve the story as they go.

Stephen King, before he finishes a book, doesn’t really always know where it’s going. I uses the equivalent of an iterative process. I understand it, because it’s the same process I use when I write. I don’t use an outline.

It takes longer and you have to backtrack more often, but that’s what works for me. I strongly suspect WoW is working from the equivalent of an outline, but Anet is, in many ways, breaking new ground. So they won’t always know what works and what doesn’t. So announcing stuff is more of a risk.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There are two types of writers. Guys like Piers Anthony outline their work and they write it to that outline, hardly ever varying what they write. Guys like Stephen King don’t use outlines and evolve the story as they go.

Stephen King, before he finishes a book, doesn’t really always know where it’s going. I uses the equivalent of an iterative process. I understand it, because it’s the same process I use when I write. I don’t use an outline.

It takes longer and you have to backtrack more often, but that’s what works for me. I strongly suspect WoW is working from the equivalent of an outline, but Anet is, in many ways, breaking new ground. So they won’t always know what works and what doesn’t. So announcing stuff is more of a risk.

Reminds me a lot of reading through the MTG article archives when the developers over there speak up about their experiences and what they think about certain things. Again, it’s worth listening to and reading Mark Rosewater even for a little bit . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

WoW is hemorrhaging players. There is a new expansion to sell.

That’s why we Blizzard is hitting the air waves. If ANet had an expansion you could buy they would be telling you all about it hoping you will fork over some money. Except that’s not what funds GW2, so we get Evon blog posts to hype up what’s in the Gem Shop.

Do you think Global Guilds is going to attract new players? Or anything in the feature pack if they told us what was planned to be in it 3/6 months ago? Would any of that news cause you to open your wallet, some for the first time, and buy some gems? Of course not.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I don’t care to know before the release what Anet is working on. That’s because 1) I love surprises 2) there’s a chance to ruin game predicting useful items= prices at TP will raise to dky. Just wait, have fun and don’t open every single day these threads. They’re useless.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

We do want to know what they are working on, They want to keep their jobs, I want them to keep their jobs. Company policies must be obeyed regardless if we agree with them or not. Its one of the truths of the working world.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

That’s… really not how it works in software development. Especially when you’re making a big-budget MMO and not a 2D platformer. Of course, ANet doesn’t always know what’ll work, but trying to figure that out is a part of their jobs.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

After the book/script is finished it takes a lot of planning, time and ressources to produce a tv-series (like game of thrones) or a game-play-series (like GW2 LS2). And in both endeavours there will be unexpected problems and some things that do not work as intended.

From Game of Thrones I know already, that there will be a 5th and 6th Season, even if season 5 will likely start not before march/april next year. I do not know what will be in the next season, I do not want spoilers, but I am pretty sure they will deliver (on time).

Is there a Season 3 of LS in the planning/making? Is there any announcement like “due to the success of (the first half of) season 2 of the LS we have made the decision to produce a season 3”?

No, of course not. It looks to me from the outside: A-Net does not want to announce anything before it is finished, because they know they are very often not able to finish and deliver an announced product and do not want this to became public evidence, so they announce nothing. Which would be really bad.

Greetings.

tigirius.9014

After the book/script is finished it takes a lot of planning, time and ressources to produce a tv-series (like game of thrones) or a game-play-series (like GW2 LS2). And in both endeavours there will be unexpected problems and some things that do not work as intended.

From Game of Thrones I know already, that there will be a 5th and 6th Season, even if season 5 will likely start not before march/april next year. I do not know what will be in the next season, I do not want spoilers, but I am pretty sure they will deliver (on time).

Is there a Season 3 of LS in the planning/making? Is there any announcement like “due to the success of (the first half of) season 2 of the LS we have made the decision to produce a season 3”?

No, of course not. It looks to me from the outside: A-Net does not want to announce anything before it is finished, because they know they are very often not able to finish and deliver an announced product and do not want this to became public evidence, so they announce nothing. Which would be really bad.

Greetings.

Now let’s continue your analogy and show what’s wrong with your argument. In game of thrones, they don’t allow a production to be completed and continue for months if someone is wearing a winnie the pooh backpack (engineer hobosacks) because that would detract from the general immersion into the series, would they? They also wouldn’t allow a stunt scene in which Tyrion or Joffrey were able to crush someone’s head like “The Mountain” because it wouldn’t be realistic, would it?(warriors of any race being able to solo dungeons because they are OP in PVE).

So yes while there are some things that take time like the rewards drought this game suffers from that’s not immediately easily fixed, there are other more glaring problems with solutions that other games have already done heavy research and had easily usable solutions.

So one has to ask, why aren’t some of these things in yet? What’s holding them up? Why aren’t these things priorities? Why aren’t these announcements? Why are people so complacent with waiting this long, do you really think fans would put up with that in a series like Game of Thrones? and Why are people putting up with it here?

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

I’m sure Anet completely took doing so off of the table when /r/Guildwars2 Rioted about “SAB not coming back” aswell as “No more dungeon content” I can somewhat agree with the SAB thing as I did buy an infinite continue coin, I still highly doubt they’d even hint at content that is being worked on.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@Inverted it’s not at all about that. Players didn’t mass rage because of those things..they raged because of the monster pile of content the players want and ANet successfully does stuff they think we want instead or do at an extremely slow passe by putting things THEY consider we should like, over things we ask for.

The SAB and dungeons and other things were just the tip of the iceberg….the last draw if u want…that put on tilt the community. Things piled up…and it spilled at that interview.

Them developing what THEY and they alone think WE might like/accept and almost NEVER meet expectations or is way to LATE, will always indicate that they either don’t listen to us or they put our needs/wishes at the very bottom on the list….because u know… “they know better”. That would have been the case in the first months of the game but not now….not in the game’s current state.

That’s why ppl don’t trust interviews..CDI’s and whatever form of communication they might throw at us and generally are taken as being BS of biblical proportions..because literally every bit of experience we had with them led to dissapointment in regards to what we want over what they think we want.

The changes that did come from CDI’s are so little and so late it’s actually ironical they use it as a pretext “look we listened”. It’s like telling a guy not to shoot u, and after he discharges 200 bullets in u, he comes to your corpse saying “hey look, i listened…i stopped”.

In my opinion the link between ANet and it’s community is definitely broken…repairing it will be almost impossible with the policy they have atm and the image they created about themselves…and will only get worst in time if they continue like this.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Zok.4956

Greetings.

Now let’s continue your analogy and show what’s wrong with your argument.
(… some questions deleted ….)
Why are people so complacent with waiting this long, do you really think fans would put up with that in a series like Game of Thrones?

Yes, if there would be no timely announcements that Game of Thrones was renewed and that there will be at least a next season a lot of fans and other people would ask “whats wrong with the series? will there be a next season? are there problems? why no information about a next season?”

This uncertainness would quite raise some similar questions that are asked A-Net now.

Greetings.

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

“We” do not want to know what is in development, nor what they are currently working on, “You” do. Please do not try to speak for every person that plays the game, or even every person that reads the forums.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I think one of the reasons Anet doesn’t make future announcements anymore is because as soon as they say “we’re working on X” or “we’re looking into the possibility of Y” half a year later people will start complaining “you promised us X and Y, where are they?

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I would LIKE to know what’s in the pipeline, because I’m a curious sort that doesn’t pretend to hate spoilers.

But at the same time, I don’t feel that I NEED to know the roadmap, because I hold no delusion that the fans can save the game from itself if we would just know what “mistakes” they are about to make.

Rebound.3409

I think one of the reasons Anet doesn’t make future announcements anymore is because as soon as they say “we’re working on X” or “we’re looking into the possibility of Y” half a year later people will start complaining “you promised us X and Y, where are they?

And isn’t that normal? I don’t see the issue here.

U know the community wants X…….u promise to give X….u make X your priority and u deliver it when u say…not replace X with Y and expect the community to feel good about the replacement while indefinitely postpone X.

A company that promises a car and delivers a bike postponing indefinitely the car, seems like a serious company to u? To me it doesn’t. So them loosing our trust after numerous similar situations is only natural.

The sentiment of having to know “what they plan on doing” is exactly because they didn’t give us what we want (or be years late…i mean seriously…WvW feature pack 3 new colors hard to add bro..took 2 years). It’s like wanting to verify they actually put our needs/demands/requests on their list. That’s the whole source of the problem.

If i knew that what i want would definitely come in the promised timeframe or atleast see work done on it, i would never even think of their roadmap.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

tigirius.9014

Greetings.

Why are people so complacent with waiting this long, do you really think fans would put up with that in a series like Game of Thrones?

Yes, if there would be no timely announcements that Game of Thrones was renewed and that there will be at least a next season a lot of fans and other people would ask “whats wrong with the series? will there be a next season? are there problems? why no information about a next season?”

This uncertainness would quite raise some similar questions that are asked A-Net now.

Greetings.

So you’d be okay with Tyrion doing things like lifting up a boulder or Joffrey traveling with a scoobie doo lunchbox or a winnie the poo backpack?

Way to completely disregard the whole point of what I said there buddy.

tigirius.9014

And isn’t that normal? I don’t see the issue here.

U know the community wants X…….u promise to give X….u make X your priority and u deliver it when u say…not replace X with Y and expect the community to feel good about the replacement while indefinitely postpone X.

A company that promises a car and delivers a bike postponing indefinitely the car, seems like a serious company to u? To me it doesn’t. So them loosing our trust after numerous similar situations is only natural.

The replace X with Y is the problem or the infinite postponement is the problem, NOT the promises made. They’ve got it wrong. People aren’t angry that the promise was made, they are angry that the announcement came down and more than half a year goes by and nothing is being done.

People keep pushing that logical fallacy.

You see the modification to the company policy that Chris put forth shouldn’t have been “don’t talk about it” it should have been “don’t talk about it unless we deliver it and we didn’t completely forget it or replace it with something else the players never thought was a problem to begin with or with something they never asked for” THAT would have been more accurate!

Rebound.3409

Postponing something only comes into play when u say (promise) to deliver something at a certain time then not being able to deliver it. Otherwise if there is no time/date to break, then there’s no postponing to be made :P

At least that’s how i see it. Anyway yea we are on the exact same page when it comes down to the message we want to send.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

to quote A Few Good Men..

“I want to know what’s in development!”

“YOU CAN’T HANDLE TO KNOW WHAT’S IN DEVELOPMENT!”

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

We’ve had a read of your thread.

We like what we see, and a lot of what you’re saying is on the table.

I ? Karkas.

(edited by Seven Star Stalker.1740)

Zok.4956

Greetings.

Greetings.

So you’d be okay with Tyrion doing things like lifting up a boulder or Joffrey traveling with a scoobie doo lunchbox or a winnie the poo backpack?

What does that have to do with making or not making announcements?

Way to completely disregard the whole point of what I said there buddy.

I am not your buddy. What exactly is your point?

Greetings.

Rebound.3409

We’ve had a dead of your thread.

We like what we see, and a lot of what you’re saying is on the table.

Haha ANet see? exactly this^

Even your robotic answers to our endless requests are not taken seriously. That’s what it has come to….almost nothing u say regarding things we want to see in this game is being taken seriously because of the fact u didn’t deliver or delivered to little to late by choosing to deliver things we never asked for or didn’t consider priority.

That’s how bad it’s gotten. Instead of seeing ppl say “wow nice they will do it” now we see just mockery. I am really sad about it actually. It should never have gotten to this point…not with how GW1 was and how GW2 started.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Why does this thread remind me a 6 year old about to throw a tantrum?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Still waiting for that precursor crafting and/or scavenger hunt announced more than a year ago…

Maybe we’ll get it in the second half of 2015.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

But at the same time, I don’t feel that I NEED to know the roadmap, because I hold no delusion that the fans can save the game from itself if we would just know what “mistakes” they are about to make.

^^ truer words ^^

Posted by: Demonzu.4215

Demonzu.4215

This. Anet used to let us in on a lot of what they were working on when the game was released, but anytime anything changed or didn’t get released on time the forums get flooded with hate. I wish they would give us information on future plans again, but I understand why they never will anymore.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Dont they get sue and lost there job if they tell you what they are working on so unless your willing to pay up and give them a new job after they say it i am not sure if you have the right to ask the dev this.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

The issue is that they don’t want to make promises they can’t keep, but the question is WHY can’t they keep them? Are they that understaffed that they can’t have deadlines they have to meet? A very large majority of the playerbase with issues in their communication don’t even want hard timelines. We just want to known generally what’s in the works and roughly we can expect it.

This is extremely reasonable. The only reason why they wouldn’t do this is if they fear that the time frame is so long that players would rather try to leave and come back than try and wait it out. Which is happening anyway, except players have more frustration this way and the chances of them not returning are higher.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Ilthuain.5634

Ilthuain.5634

No it isn’t. It’s extremely common. You don’t talk about what you’re working on until there’s an official announcement, and even then some companies want only public relations folks to directly interact with users.

As a dev, if I visit another studio, I have to sign an NDA, even if the only thing I ever see is the break room. Publicly spilling the beans about a feature I’m working on or a future game before an official announcement would get me in some hot water.

Thorgrim Dazzlehand [HaHa] – the Player King of Tarnished Coast
http://harlotsandharlequins.enjin.com/

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

No it isn’t. It’s extremely common. You don’t talk about what you’re working on until there’s an official announcement, and even then some companies want only public relations folks to directly interact with users.

As a dev, if I visit another studio, I have to sign an NDA, even if the only thing I ever see is the break room. Publicly spilling the beans about a feature I’m working on or a future game before an official announcement would get me in some hot water.

That’s only for things under NDA. Roadmaps are a common thing to be presented to customers.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.