We are temporarily shutting down servers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SaraBaracuda.3081

SaraBaracuda.3081

Just finished killing the Ooze boss, gonna wake up soooo dead!

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

It kicked me out right when I chose “Spit” on some gravestone in Frostgorge Sound. Thought it was my fault :P

This literally made me laugh out loud! I always worried about spitting on those gravestones.

Thank you ANet for addressing this so quickly.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

(edited by kurfu.5623)

Posted by: Zedo.5804

Zedo.5804

In miniera vi vorrei vedere,tacci vostra lol

Posted by: Meeko.4269

Meeko.4269

I will humbly suggest changing all soulbound items to account bound and eliminating soulbinding as a fix.

I really wish they would do this. I’m the same person playing all my characters… so I’ve still earned, found or otherwise acquired all items on my acct… so please do away with soulbinding and make items acct bound on acquire / on equip/use.

Posted by: Model No.3461

Model No.3461

This game has an incredible rate of uptime, being up for more than 99% of the time for the last four years.

So of course, with my luck, the moment I upgrade my account is when the servers go down.

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

oh hey… seriously while you’re at it, since the wvw goodies are account wide now you should also make the gear that we buy from the wvw vendors account bound instead of soulbound. Matter of fact all gear should be account bound. I really don’t understand the purpose of making armor and weapons soulbound.

Well, while you are at it, might as well get rid of the trading post as well, considering it will be rendered mostly useless since you cant sell your account bound goodies on there anymore.

You never could sell account bound stuff on the TP.

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: JulianKCP.3705

JulianKCP.3705

So what should I do?
Go outside for awhile?

i did that once, gfx were excellent but the game play was kitten.

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

oh hey… seriously while you’re at it, since the wvw goodies are account wide now you should also make the gear that we buy from the wvw vendors account bound instead of soulbound. Matter of fact all gear should be account bound. I really don’t understand the purpose of making armor and weapons soulbound.

Well, while you are at it, might as well get rid of the trading post as well, considering it will be rendered mostly useless since you cant sell your account bound goodies on there anymore.

You can, don’t forget there is soulbound after you put it on your character.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: dontlook.1823

dontlook.1823

Dear Mr. O’Brian,

You guys got me so good! I thought my life in Tyria was over! I know I said follow shodd; mistakes are to be had. But this scare was too good, lol… Good luck with all the bugs. Looking forward for the big world to be cleansed!

Ink Splotch..

I gotta say, was it SCARLET?! Cause I’m not letting this sCAR me…. OMG That random porter was too good. I can do map explore on a whim! She has gone and done it.

Please indulge in my glee. Ink out.

Attachments:

For the sake of Gates of Maddness

(edited by dontlook.1823)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’m sure someone recently predicted the end of the game and a server shutdown…

<gulp>

Posted by: toxicfury.7582

toxicfury.7582

There’s a bug in today’s release that can cause soulbound items in an inventory bag other than your first bag to become soulbound to a different character on your account. We can fix the bug with no damage done, except we can’t straightforwardly fix it if you’ve moved one of those incorrectly soulbound items into bank storage. We’ll have to work on a solution for characters in that state. To prevent additional players from getting into this state, we’re going to shut down the game servers until we can fix this bug. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Mo

I am watching this post like a hawk.

Posted by: Vaughn.8172

Vaughn.8172

Well, Stop Skritting around and let’s get this show on the road. – Oh, look a shiney!

Balthazzarr.1349

You can, don’t forget there is soulbound after you put it on your character.

lol… you are not correct. If it is either “account bound” or “soul bound” you can NOT sell it on the TP. Never have been able to… that’s why it’s called ‘account bound’.. as in.. bound to YOUR account.

NOTHING that is in the TP is account bound. Check it out next time you’re in there.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Live footage of ANET fixing servers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9aHfg5U0Rw

Joke aside, keep good work guys! I hope everything goes smoothly on your end so we can both enjoy the rest of our evenings

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Sorry I HAD to…couldn’t resist the temptation anymore XD

haha, nice.

This is what I was thinking:

https://youtu.be/O0wOD9TWynM

….wow I feel old now.

And here I thought people were salty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBK9O5nDJlM

Glad I was wrong

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

I think I am going to go and play GW. Run through the missions for old time’s sake. Anyone want to come?

P.S on the 25th they are doing an event to get more reputation!
http://www.guildwars.com/en/events/wayfarer

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

I dont think you understood what i said.
if you remove soulbinding you cant sell ANYTHING anymore.
the only items that are account bound on equip are legendaries, everything else is bound once you acquire it. hence, if EVERYTHING is account bound, the trading post is rendered useless.
Maybe this made it a little clearer what i meant.

Balthazzarr.1349

the only items that are account bound on equip are legendaries, everything else is bound once you acquire it. hence, if EVERYTHING is account bound, the trading post is rendered useless.

ok… so it wouldn’t make the TP useless at all… What you buy from the TP now becomes soul bound once you equip it. If you don’t equip it then you can resell it if you want. The only difference would be having the item become account bound on equip instead of soul bound. It would have zero affect on the TP.

The things that are soul bound on acquire don’t come from the TP. They come from karma vendors, and wvw vendors.

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/We-will-have-to-roll-back

For those checking this thread for more news, here’s a link to a new thread with a new bit of news (which you can honestly guess from the link).

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Lulleh.6714

Lulleh.6714

It kicked me out right when I chose “Spit” on some gravestone in Frostgorge Sound. Thought it was my fault :P

This literally made me laugh out loud! I always worried about spitting on those gravestones.

Thank you ANet for addressing this so quickly.

Lol, and I were playing God with some huge stonehead in Southwest Fireheart Rise. Coincidence?

Posted by: Tenken.7342

Tenken.7342

In the spirit of trying to keep things upbeat:

Attachments:

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That doesn’t make any sort of sense whatsoever. If you remove the soulbound status then all it does is turn all soulbound items into account bound. It doesn’t magically make all items in the game account bound. If you had to equip it to soulbind it then you would have to equip it to account bind it. You are making stuff up and have no idea what you are talking about

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

So on the day i decided to buy gems, this happens?
I had just started playing, was doing some Bloodstone fen for masteries while waiting for my brother.
So pretty much a few minutes after spending money on GW2, i got booted of the game, having barely played. Lost my chance at progressing Year of Ascension, whatever i did manage to get is now lost.
So sum of my GW2 play session today, 35€ less on my bank account and nothing on my game account.
But for me the worse is losing the chance at progressing the Year of Ascension metas. It was already a pretty impossible task to do 3/4 of them in this season alone, not lessened by the BAD matchmaking i’ve been getting.

All this to say that Arena net needs to throw us some love back, and give us back some amend for our loss.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I had just started playing, was doing some Bloodstone fen for masteries while waiting for my brother.
So pretty much a few minutes after spending money on GW2, i got booted of the game, having barely played. Lost my chance at progressing Year of Ascension, whatever i did manage to get is now lost.
So sum of my GW2 play session today, 35€ less on my bank account and nothing on my game account.
But for me the worse is losing the chance at progressing the Year of Ascension metas. It was already a pretty impossible task to do 3/4 of them in this season alone, not lessened by the BAD matchmaking i’ve been getting.

All this to say that Arena net needs to throw us some love back, and give us back some amend for our loss.

dude youre losing a couple HOURS of gameplay. they are rolling back to THIS MORNING. at PATCH. which was like noon eastern time. chill out.

Posted by: Frenzify.6832

Frenzify.6832

They said those who bought gems would still have them when the game goes live again.

Felahr.9830

is the game back up? i just home and i cannot get in, dunno if its unique to me or not

Posted by: Meya.1706

Meya.1706

How long it takes? It’s about 3h now!

Is it a big issue that may take full one day to fix?! plz noooo :XC

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Relax. I’ve been playing for over a year and a half, and this is the first time this happened. Just very unfortunate timing for you.

Posted by: Meya.1706

Meya.1706

Arena net plz don’t forget doing a favour for players 8D

Posted by: B is for Bass Players.9845

B is for Bass Players.9845

Wow. Hairy stuff. I went out for hours and the game still isn’t up. Very very RARE for anet.

I hope the issue is resolved soon!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

No favor is needed if we do get one win but if not no biggy.

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Now all WvW tiers are perfectly even in both numbers and coverage. GG Anet. GG

Posted by: leveara.7845

leveara.7845

I uninstalled my game because of issues…. I cant re download so I have to wait even longer.. ;( ;(

Posted by: Drakys Redstar.5271

Drakys Redstar.5271

Still down? Whats the hold up Anet?

Posted by: Razzafrazza.7815

Razzafrazza.7815

Ah yes, this game gets more and more like WoW erry day…

Attachments:

(edited by Razzafrazza.7815)

Posted by: Thryllyn.2130

Thryllyn.2130

Why not just make items account bound? The bank is account wide.

Posted by: AsharaDayne.7432

AsharaDayne.7432

game is back yujuuuuuu

Posted by: Floyd the Barber.8504

Floyd the Barber.8504

Why have a " Binding / Bound " System ..?

I can understand an item becoming Bound after use , but as far as crafting items that instantly become bound , or any unused loot for that matter being Bound makes no sense . Talking about things that don’t make sense , what about " once a day " crafting materials ( charged quartz crystals ..ect , ect ) .. what is the point behind this mechanism ???? Could someone please explain this to me / the community

Posted by: Felicia.2459

Felicia.2459

I was disconnected from the game right in the moment I could get my Story Quest reward.
I hope there will be no need to go through this dungeon again.
Patience to all of you.

Felahr.9830

4 years and this has never happened til now. how is this even remotely like wow? get the kitten outta here with that negativity

Posted by: KoroNoHiyoko.6382

KoroNoHiyoko.6382

yeah im loosing connection

Posted by: Kiteisa.3189

Kiteisa.3189

I’ve suffered tremendous mental anguish over this as I was in mid glide, I humbly ask you remove asuras from the game and mail me some phat lewtz to compensate. Thanks for the update.

That is horrible and sick. Asura ROCK!!! I would lose most of my 64 characters.

i am severely traumatized. to compensate please send me a playable skritt character and make Taimi and Braham a couple I am sure someone as smart and adventurous as Taimi can figure out the logistics of this with ease lol .

Bahahahahahaha. That is awesome!!!

Nottsgman’s Girl ~ Half of the Dynamic Duo

(edited by Kiteisa.3189)

Posted by: Razzafrazza.7815

Razzafrazza.7815

4 years and this has never happened til now. how is this even remotely like wow? get the kitten outta here with that negativity

Uh, check your facts yo. Also, lick a kitten? Is that negative? Someone help me out here…

Posted by: Lonewolf McQuade.2153

Lonewolf McQuade.2153

I’ve suffered tremendous mental anguish over this as I was in mid glide, I humbly ask you remove asuras from the game and mail me some phat lewtz to compensate. Thanks for the update.

Don’t be fooled, ANet. Wiredrawn has always loved Asurans, and even confessed that he’s had a crush on Taimi since the moment he laid eyes on her.

1 like = 1 prayer

Unite him with his true love!

Posted by: Felicia.2459

Felicia.2459

I just logged in, but I’m still having constant disconnects.
Hope it will become better soon.

Posted by: DocRimpel.5280

DocRimpel.5280

I couldn’t do the dailies yesterday due to this. Can you send me 2g and a load of fractal encryptions please…

Posted by: Kiiro Yakumo.2791

Kiiro Yakumo.2791

I second that, if one unexpected maintenance in over 1,5 years – or as Felahr says even 4 years – is becoming like WoW who has maintenance break every week if memory serves, or at least quite often then I think we can throw whole math to trash can…

Don’t be fooled, ANet. Wiredrawn has always loved Asurans, and even confessed that he’s had a crush on Taimi since the moment he laid eyes on her.

1 like = 1 prayer

Then Taimi has more adorators now!
Asura is personally the best race for me

ahem

It’s good the game is back again, now we can try to figure out with calm what was the reason of that bug…
I bet Inquest <_<

“Everything has a place in the Eternal Alchemy” – Asura

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

I second that, if one unexpected maintenance in over 1,5 years – or as Felahr says even 4 years – is becoming like WoW who has maintenance break every week if memory serves, or at least quite often then I think we can throw whole math to trash can…

1 like = 1 prayer

Then Taimi has more adorators now!
Asura is personally the best race for me

ahem

It’s good the game is back again, now we can try to figure out with calm what was the reason of that bug…
I bet Inquest <_<

Dinkleberg…