We need expansion news before 11/13

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rozer.8042

rozer.8042

do u know 11/13 come out new wow expansion? do u know many ppl go there ? so when u come out with news?
we need to do something new ….

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Many of us wouldn’t play WoW for free. I might not even play WoW if they paid me.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Bit late to give us any such news before November last year.

(Yes, I know…couldn’t help myself)

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Bit late to give us any such news before November last year.

(Yes, I know…couldn’t help myself)

Was going to do the same.
Seriously OP the expansion of WOW is targeted at WOW players no one else.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Many of us wouldn’t play WoW for free. I might not even play WoW if they paid me.

Stop talking for the whole playerbase.‘’Many of us?’’ You are NOT me and definitely NOT my friends.I like to play different MMOs including P2P ones if they are good.I like WoW and Wildstar.So what if one of them is an old MMO and the two of them are P2P MMOs?That doesn’t matter.Playing more than 1 MMO is never a problem.Different MMOs bring different things to the ’’table’’.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Vayne.8563

Stop talking for the whole playerbase.‘’Many of us?’’ You are NOT me and definitely NOT my friends.I like to play different MMOs including P2P ones if they are good.I like WoW and Wildstar.So what if one of them is an old MMO and the two of them are P2P MMOs?That doesn’t matter.Playing more than 1 MMO is never a problem.Different MMOs bring different things to the ’’table’’.

I’m not talking for the whole player base. Many of us is just that. It doesn’t even imply most of it. Seriously, objecting to an obviously true statement because you don’t personally like my posts is wrong.

I didn’t talk for you. I talked for the people who don’t like WOW in this game, and that group is myriad.

Some have said they’ll NEVER play a subscription game. Some just don’t like WoW. You do realize there are entire websites devoted just to hating WoW. Some just don’t like cartoony graphics and can’t get into it. Some don’t like quest hub leveling.

But you know, many of us isn’t talking for everyone. It’s talking for a group of people I’m part of.

It doesn’t even imply most (though I believe most Guild Wars 2 players aren’t particularly interested in WoW).

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

As Vayne said…if we want to play WOW,we would be there right now.I played WOW for 6 years and quit it after BC ended – never going back there…even as FTP game.Still,i play Archeage,i wait for some other game,but that does not mean i quit GW2.GW2 is still in my opinion by far BEST MMO out there.Its boring but still…i will wait for content as much as it takes.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have to agree, I would not play WoW for anything. I tried it once, and I just don’t like the graphics. I’ll wait patiently for whatever is in store for us here. Yes, that’s right. I’m a Guild Wars fan. =)

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Agree.

Although how many will still be playing GW2, who are playing NOW, will still be logging in after nearly 10 years.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Agree.

Although how many will still be playing GW2, who are playing NOW, will still be logging in after nearly 10 years.

Easy, wait 10 years and see.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

do u know 11/13 come out new wow expansion? do u know many ppl go there ? so when u come out with news?

Well, if those “ppl” (learn to spell for Grenth’s sake) go off to WoW for another month of grinding to end game, can we at least ensure they stay there this time, rather than coming back here time and time again, posting every other month that expansion X or generic trinity mount-humping grinder Y is going to “kill” GW2. It gets tedious reading this rubbish after a while.

WoW, Neverwinter, EQN, ESO and ArcheAge – all games that were going to “kill” GW2 either through launch or expansions, but guess what? GW2 is still here, as too, unfortunately the doomsayers who keep threatening to leave every time a new MMo goes live.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Vayne.8563

I case the OP didn’t realize, MoP came out a month after Guild Wars 2. Even if some people did go play it, they’d play it for a few months, do all the content and come back…but I don’t think that many will go.

I’ve talked to enough people who actively dislike WoW to believe otherwise.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Just adding my voice to those who don’t consider WoW expansions relevant to GW2. I have no interest in playing a subscription game and many other reasons I want to avoid WoW in particular (not worth listing unless anyone here is really into Warcraft lore).

It’s also worth noting that while some current/previous WoW players may go back to it an expansion is actually more of a barrier to new people picking that game up. Unless they’ve changed it in the last few years you can’t play the latest one without buying all the others. And you will want them all because everyone else will be focused on the new stuff. But that’s a big commitment to make for a game you’re just starting.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

The post in question was NOT speaking for you.. it was NOT saying everyone.. it did NOT say people shouldn’t play other MMO’s.. it did NOT say people shouldn’t play F2P, B2P or P2P MMO’s…. in fact I fail to understand how you arrived at any of those assumptions and how it was being directed at you or anyone else that likes WoW. In fact I would hazard a guess to say that its in fact your post that is attempting to dictate your opinions to others, purely in the attitude you place within YOUR response. – - – > Reading comprehension FAILED much!!

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I have to agree, I would not play WoW for anything. I tried it once, and I just don’t like the graphics. I’ll wait patiently for whatever is in store for us here. Yes, that’s right. I’m a Guild Wars fan. =)

Where’s my torch and pitchfork.. Fanboi’s to be burned at the stake!!

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I feel like this thread occurred after every major MMO release/patch that has ever come out.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Guild Wars 2: Glint’s Legacy – we will explore south ascalon and north of crystal desert, dragonbrand, dragon’ lair, ash legion. Nothing more besides. When, after ls2 end. Probably best time will be next anniversary of Gw2 (end of August) between Colony and PAX.

All of that is thanks to my imagination power.

Btw name of expansion can tell much, any ideas what they can came up with?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

ok, first of all.. landshark comes out next week.. a good 3 weeks leading up to draenor
second.. gw2 gets two weeks of halloween leading into their fall content..
regardless of ‘what people are going to do’ ..what do you expect arena net to ‘say’ ?
xmas raids and 4th continent expansion for 2015 ? ?   doubt it

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

As bored as I can get with Guild Wars 2, as tired as I can get with design choices, as frustrated I can get at certain balance. When it comes down to it. No other game feels like this one in the MMO market today. It feels fluid, smooth, well executed. There’s something about this MMO’s combat, that just aren’t there in the other ones. ArenaNet did it right. Now that’s not to say I wouldn’t like a few alternative choices for 1-5, a few more Elite skills, etc.—but gameplay wise, this game is years ahead of the competition. The aesthetics are also in a league of their own. The details gone into these maps are absolutely gorgeous.

I agree that we need more transparency on things to come though. No estimated windows for these things unless it’s more of a set in stone thing mind you, but still, more hype, more excitement. I don’t think an expansion is necessary. It would definitely help, but just some continuous tidbits of information would go a long way to keep players engaged and excited. Show us some samples of new sPvP maps. Discuss ideas you have of game modes, engage the community asking for feedback in a specific forum topic. Tease us with work in progress stuff. And let us know when there’s delays. Give us more in-depth information about what it is that is the design philosophy behind bigger (and smaller) changes. Let us see into your minds a bit. Show us the world from your side of the game. It’d be interesting besides exciting to hear about new things that is in the works. (Obviously some things, such as future story implementations, should be kept as spoiler free as possible, but a few teases here and there, perhaps a render of a dragon with no real explanation to it, such things, can really generate hype and excitement.)

I know we have people datamining already. The information and excitement in that sense is there. Sort of. But it’d be nice to get it through official channels. With an insight into what you’re planning ahead as well. Just try to avoid mentioning things you don’t see yourself feasibly doing within a years time, and even then, make it clear that this is work in progress, subject to change, or that it will potentially not to be implemented at all, at least in the form as shown in this sneak preview, etc.—Some players will always get frustrated, even rational ones will, but a lot of the players are understanding enough if you were to say something has been delayed/cancelled. The bigger frustration comes from not being told what’s going on. Especially on things you are highly passionate and excited for. You’re left questioning, wondering. Uncertainty is frustration.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Agree.

Gw2 wont last another 8 years on this pace with hardly any major content update and polish. This game could easily be the killer of all MMO’s but nothing happens with it apart from some living story updates and gemstore stuff.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Vayne.8563

Agree.

Gw2 wont last another 8 years on this pace with hardly any major content update and polish. This game could easily be the killer of all MMO’s but nothing happens with it apart from some living story updates and gemstore stuff.

Guild Wars 1 hasn’t had a major update in years and people still play it. UO hasn’t had an update in a decade and people still play it.

Saying a game won’t last ten years is just wrong.

For one thing, no one can predict the future. So far every game that was supposed to kill this one is severely lacking. So if that continues, even with modest upgrades this game will continue.

But then, the new content we’re getting won’t be temporary and will add up. So I’m not thinking that predicting ten years in the future of this genre is all that valuable.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

The Star Wars saga is coming out with another movie in December 2015. I’d better hear about another Star Trek installment before then, or they’ve lost my loyalty forever!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think the problem is, what is great about GW2 (the combat, the lack of subscription, the art, the graphics, the fluidity) etc. was all in the box we bought 2 years ago. The game can rest on that for a long time, it started as a REALLY good game, but I don’t think it can rest on it forever, and the time when something big is needed is getting closer.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

The closest I ever came to trying WoW was about three quarters of the way through LS1 when I took a break from GW2.

I do have some friends who play WoW, at least periodically. I feel like I would be right at home there, since many of the games I have played in recent years are, if popular opinion is to be believed, just like WoW with (insert superficial cosmetic difference here) instead of (something inherently WoW).

Where No Lens has Flared Before: Also, I read something a few weeks ago about Shatner (and Nimoy, again) being in the next Star Trek movie, but I’m not sure it wasn’t a joke.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

The trend in wow expansions now is “goes up, then goes down” for subs.

As for gw2. It needs its own form of expansion, but not like the standard. What people are really asking for is basically: new profession, new weapons, multiple maps at once.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I might not even play WoW if they paid me.

^^ Very much this, You simply can’t be me enough to make me risk getting eye cancer.

Will never understand the hype around that game .. bad slow gameplay with very
bad graphics and a horrible UI with the worst map i ever encountered in any MMO.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

I play WoW, and yes, I will be going there. However, I play through WoW’s content only once, so I take a month break from GW, play the new expansion, and then return to GW.
Unlike WoW, GW’s content is eternal, so I can just log on to release the content or when I dont feel like playing. WoW is really.. a single track, so unless you like grinding for gear, WoW is no more fun that a single playthrough

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Agree.

I agree too. I played WoW trial many years ago, I uninstalled it after 10 minutes because of the ugly races and clunky combat (when I moved all I saw was “you must face the target”). And when I died I became some kind of light and the screen looked weird (everything had only one colour), I was walking around for minutes and had no idea what to do and the weird screen gave me motion sickness… Never again!

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

You act like when the WoW expansion comes out every player or a large amount of them are going to jump ship and run off to WoW and stay there forever as if people only play 1 online game at a time.

I played the WoW demo once, 1 hour into it I thought “man this sucks” and never touch it again. Personally some of those “no need to buy and play for free online games” are more fun than WoW.

Like others have said some players will leave and play the WoW expansion and when they beat it they will come back.

So Anet isn’t concerned about the WoW expansion hurting GW2 nor are you in the position to come off as if you are demanding Anet to hurry up and announce something as if they are saying “See see we have an expansion in the works and we’ll hurry up and finish it for you before the WoW expansion comes out, so please don’t leave!”

*On a side note, I do love when people post topics like this as if they know for a fact that if Anet doesn’t announce something soon something like 98% of the player base will run off to WoW, or make other claims like “GW2 is doing good” or “Gw2 is doing just as bad as this game” but never post anything else to their own topic trying to explain or back up their claims.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Every expansion that comes out is still a reminder of what we dont have, and are not sure is ever coming. They really waited too long to put out an expansion. They got side tracked by the living story, which could have worked, But it should have been built to introduce actual expansion like content. The LS was/is still more focused on fixes with the addition of a small narrative.

The world could have grown, while also changing.

regardless, LS to date, has not replaced the expansion in terms of what it delivers, and does for the game. The next WoW expansion will bring up comparison to this game, EVEN if someone has no intent to play it.

kitten FFXIV is about to release a new job without an expansion, and new quests and plotlines. Seems more like a living world than what we got.

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Talking about expansions .. and WoW .. wasn’t WoW also the game where people had
to wait for over 2 years for an expansion .. while we in Everquest 2 got 3 expansion in that time ?

Normally WoW should also have been dead alread because of their lack of expansions.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I thought all the WoW players left with the last expansion. What are you hold outs waiting for?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Talking about expansions .. and WoW .. wasn’t WoW also the game where people had
to wait for over 2 years for an expansion .. while we in Everquest 2 got 3 expansion in that time ?

Normally WoW should also have been dead alread because of their lack of expansions.

WoW does big patches in between the expansions. The patches are pretty significant. This is in addition to the expansion packs that are very large in content.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

is that the same expansion we needed before ESO and Wildstar launched?

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Subscription versus no subscription is a secondary issue to me and is only relevant when I consider the enjoyment I get from the game. If I enjoy and look forward to logging in, then I am not averse to a subscription. When the game begins to feel like “work” then I refuse to pay for the opportunity to do something that feels more like a job.

GW2 happens to have no subscription, which is good, I guess. I play, though, because I truly enjoy the game. I look forward to logging in and I find that I have fun when I play.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Agree.

Guild Wars 1 hasn’t had a major update in years and people still play it. UO hasn’t had an update in a decade and people still play it.

Saying a game won’t last ten years is just wrong.

For one thing, no one can predict the future. So far every game that was supposed to kill this one is severely lacking. So if that continues, even with modest upgrades this game will continue.

But then, the new content we’re getting won’t be temporary and will add up. So I’m not thinking that predicting ten years in the future of this genre is all that valuable.

Except GW1 is a far better game with lots more content.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

And about 100 other games will be released between now and then too, I’ll be playing many of them as well, MMO’s are like RPG’s you play them for a while, play something else, come back to them for a while, play other things while you’re playing them.

It’s a game, one of thousands that we can choose to play at any given moment. My tastes change quite often and I find myself hitting up an old console game now and then, doing dailies in gw2, then raising a civilization after that, perhaps capping some bad guys in whatever fps is around. Maybe the next day it’ll be all about some other mmo that I haven’t played in a while and some racing games.

It doesn’t matter what DLC is coming, DLC is ALWAYS coming for some random game. If you were a true gamer you wouldn’t care what ‘competition’ there was in the same genre, you’d play them all without regard to what the internet thinks about them. If a game sucks for you, don’t play it. If a game is good for you, play it. IT IS REALLY THAT SIMPLE.
Do you really care about market share for a genre of games? Are you an investor? Got some stock to throw around? Play the game and be happy it’s available to you.

There are people who don’t care about internet rivalries like WoW vs GW, fps1 vs fps2 vs fps3 vs fps4, or sports franchise 1 vs sports franchise 2, etc. Some of us like games and we play games. If you have a favorite, that’s great, if you hate a specific one or an entire genre, that’s great too because we’re all gamers and we’re here to play games.

Do I care if WoW is too cartoony for me? yes and that’s one of the reasons I don’t play it, the other reason is I don’t subscribe to games. Do I care if an mmo is too grindy? yes just a little, but I’ll try it out anyway. I play Aion sometimes, none of my characters are past level 40 due to the insane amount of grind but I enjoy it. I also play Shaia, it isn’t so grindy, the obvious Korean mmo translation and interface issues suck, but I still play it and it’s fun.

Anet chose to do story chapter based DLC like several other games did (eg. the walking dead), gaming is a learning experience for both the gamers and the creators, they try things, we tell them what we like/don’t like, maybe it gets adjusted, maybe we wait a few years to get another game that takes into account the things we wanted in the previous one. Just because some other game is coming out with yet another expansion doesn’t mean for a second that Anet needs to do anything at all because it’s not a competition for players.

If players are fickle enough to jump ship to the newest dlc of game 2, that’s great, good for them, they’ll be back later when they’re tired of that or finished it and get bored. An expansion for gw2 would placate fickle players for a month or two, then they’d be complaining that there’s isn’t anything to do now that it’s finished and all the farming spots have been found.

Posts like this really make me wonder if WoW players worry about GW2 living story updates…

Posted by: Shylark.4951

Shylark.4951

Well I for one wouldn’t waste time on WoW at all… But Then there are other games I wouldn’t play either…

Life is just a Big Role Playing Adventure…

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Warlords of dreanor doesn’t interest me in the slightest. I’d never re-sub to WoW. it’s like paying someone to do work for them. WoW is such a tedious and boring grind. I love how open and flexible GW2 is. it caters to the hardcore players and the casual layabouts equally.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

i do not think wow is gonna be problem for gw2, totally different games with different player base.
that being said..it wont change the fact that gw2 need major content update like expansion in q1 or at worse q2 of 2015,the game is already 2 years old and by that time its gonna be too old to keep veteran players interested, the expansion in first 6 months of 2015 is the must to prevent big loss of players.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I’m not talking for the whole player base. Many of us is just that. It doesn’t even imply most of it. Seriously, objecting to an obviously true statement because you don’t personally like my posts is wrong.

I didn’t talk for you. I talked for the people who don’t like WOW in this game, and that group is myriad.

Given that many is used to refer to a majority (as a noun it’s even the defined as a majority of people), “many” most definitely does imply most of it.

Secondly, it’s very likely the numbers that would never play WoW are much, much, much smaller than you think. I would not be surprised if the vast majority of players who opposed WoW simply did so on the basis of subscription. GW2 is a MMO and you’re going to find a lot of MMO players who are comfortable with WoW. Your idea that the majority is against it just seems naive and pushy.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Guild Wars 2 has had about half an expansion’s worth of stuff IMO.

What would I expect to see in a full expansion?

1. Quest line with at least ten hours of play through time
2. At least 4 new maps
3. QoL and UI improvements
4. Several new dungeons
5. Class skill expansions
6. Either a new class or new race
7. Expanded crafting

A quick survey shows that 1 passes easily if we include content that is gone, but we’ll have to wait until next year before it qualifies for permanent content.

We are half way there for 2, and an acceptable way through for 3.

For dungeons we have FotM, which some might argue is enough for the dungeon component of an expansion. I probably wouldn’t.

For 5 we have only really seen one new heal skill and one new elite skill.

6 is not there

7 is about 3/4 of the way wrt 500 crafting. And then there are a few more ingredients and stats that have also become available.

I don’t know if my expectations of what an expansion should contain are off, but I think that the piecemeal nature of delivery hides the fact that we have got a fair percentage of the way to an expansion for free. to be honest, I have no idea how my list compares to a WoW expansion, so if someone wants to tell me how my expectations stack up let me know.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Dont set up your expectations too high, the only thing we will get is the Living (dead) Story 2. Some new overpriced and useless shopitems and more full costumes instead of armor skins. We wont see any significant releases for at least the next 2 years.

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

I’ll play WoW for a few months after the xpac when it’s fresh. Then it will stagnate just like GW2 is now. G dub was fun for a bit. But once you do everything there is to do in the game it’s pretty boring. WvW has been the same kitten for over 2 years now. Just sayin.

Living story? HA! Yeah those 2 hour updates are fun but after you’re done your 2 hours then what?

Edit: Oh yeah! Don’t forget about that awesome time/money sink GW2 added with ascended gear. Comes complete with ridiculous gold requirement AND timegated! GG

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

(edited by Wreckdum.8367)

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

If we’re talking about GW2’s longevity, shouldn’t we be talking about games likely to arise in the future that will pose a threat? (instead of MMO titan’s like WoW, that have been around longer than GW2’s inception — and yes, as much as you all hate them, and many other people do, even with numbers dwindling, they still trump GW2’s fanbase)

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

If we’re talking about GW2’s longevity, shouldn’t we be talking about games likely to arise in the future that will pose a threat? (instead of MMO titan’s like WoW, that have been around longer than GW2’s inception — and yes, as much as you all hate them, and many other people do, even with numbers dwindling, they still trump GW2’s fanbase)

And thats why GW2 devs dont see any reason to bring out new expansions. Until now there is no real threat and thats why they keep going on like this.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I don’t think WoW is a threat to GW2. From my experience most WoW players hate GW2 and most GW2 players hate WoW.
I think as far as future mmos go, Everquest next is the one that is closely related to GW2. It remains to be seen if SOE is all talk.

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Dont set up your expectations too high, the only thing we will get is the Living (dead) Story 2. Some new overpriced and useless shopitems and more full costumes instead of armor skins. We wont see any significant releases for at least the next 2 years.

Your name is quite un-ironic. Just saying.

I hope I’m not misrepresenting her but Gaile was commenting in another thread about the different types of players that they are working with when releasing information about future content. She pointed out that while some customers are satisfied with the content release outline they’ve provided thus far (really a gradient of reactions), there are players, like the OP, who throw out ultimatums if they don’t get the information they expect on their terms. She made a good point that is consistently ignored in conversations like these. You can’t please everybody, no matter what you say. So you pick and choose what you say and when. Anet chooses where to draw the lines with release info and some expressions of disappointment, as the OP has eloquently put forth, might be considered acceptable all things considered.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Vayne? Fact check yourself . . .

Ultima Online got an expansion in ’08 (Stygian Abyss) and a “booster pack” in ’10 (High Seas).

Still . . . most people I know still prefer to . . . um . . . think about playing emulated 1999 versions.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Vayne.8563

Vayne? Fact check yourself . . .

Ultima Online got an expansion in ’08 (Stygian Abyss) and a “booster pack” in ’10 (High Seas).

Still . . . most people I know still prefer to . . . um . . . think about playing emulated 1999 versions.

Okay sorry, Ultima Online hasn’t had an expansion in 6 years and no one plays it. I didn’t look it up. However, the basis of what I said remains true whether the specifics do or not. Changing the numbers doesn’t change the reality of what I’m saying.

For all practical purposes, it’s hard to imagine no one playing this game in ten years, unless NcSoft shuts down the servers.