We need more armor skins with PoF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

By that I mean real armor skins, not gemstore items and no more trenchcoats. Given the fact that Elona has an egyptian vibe, I’m sure there’s potential for decent skins especially light armors, the ones in HoT felt weak and not very original overall…

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

There are at least 5 sets being added.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Here’s a link to a preview of the upcoming stuff, unfortunately it’s not great news regarding trenchcoats and buttcapes.

http://dulfy.net/2017/08/09/gw2-upcoming-armor-outfits-and-weapons-from-path-of-fire/

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Some of the ugliest armor ever seen in an MMO.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Some of the ugliest armor ever seen in an MMO.

Not even close.

Amineo.8951

Here’s a link to a preview of the upcoming stuff, unfortunately it’s not great news regarding trenchcoats and buttcapes.

http://dulfy.net/2017/08/09/gw2-upcoming-armor-outfits-and-weapons-from-path-of-fire/

Wow that’s pretty bad, why can’t they make stuff like the Black Witch Set (witch hat with hairstyle still rocking is a must) or Shira set in Dark Souls 3?

Here’s how the black witch set looks like

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

stop the buttcapes… i cant take it anymore… it… hurts…

please fire the person behind this already. it’s causing me physical and emotional harm, and they’re probably doing it on purpose to troll and feed on our anguish at this point. no one can possibly be this cruel on accident… the designer is like the Uwe Boll of fashion.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

There hasn’t been a good armor design since carapace for heavy.

Everything since then has been just awful.

Posted by: Northstrider.2456

Northstrider.2456

I also have to say that the upcoming armor sets are looking worse than the HoT ones. I mean HoT got at least one animated armor (Ley-Stone Armor), a huge batch of legendary weapons and all that minor side skins. If HoT was “only” a feature addon it is kinda sad that PoF, which has been advertised as content addon, barely offers more than HoT.
From what I can see in that datamined items, there are at least two cash shop weapon skin sets, 3 actual armor sets that are looking… okay… and some back pieces that are also not that special. C’mon. Creating such low level quality armor and weapon models such as in GW2 doesn’t require that much time in these days where some games are hitting a photo-realisitic level. What happened then? Did they run out of money or are they just cash grabbing?

Amineo.8951

I also have to say that the upcoming armor sets are looking worse than the HoT ones. I mean HoT got at least one animated armor (Ley-Stone Armor), a huge batch of legendary weapons and all that minor side skins. If HoT was “only” a feature addon it is kinda sad that PoF, which has been advertised as content addon, barely offers more than HoT.
From what I can see in that datamined items, there are at least two cash shop weapon skin sets, 3 actual armor sets that are looking… okay… and some back pieces that are also not that special. C’mon. Creating such low level quality armor and weapon models such as in GW2 doesn’t require that much time in these days where some games are hitting a photo-realisitic level. What happened then? Did they run out of money or are they just cash grabbing?

Don’t forget legendary armors, it took them two years for a buttcape, a trenchcoat and a bulky when it takes like 1-2 months to release several gemstore items with glowing parts that you can dye like you want…

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Why do you need more buttcapes, buttshields and buttcarpets?

Amineo.8951

Why do you need more buttcapes, buttshields and buttcarpets?

I should have said I wanted good looking ones, my bad xD

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

My god those armor sets are…. we’ll I don’t want to be rude but they’re just not good. For the love of god can we get light armor pants without a butt-cape and medium armor without a trench-coat?