We need more servers

We need more servers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Triumpf.9075

Triumpf.9075

Q:

I just started this game & think it’s great, but whatever area you’re in, whatever ore you’re trying to mine, whatever quest you’re trying to do (except instances of course) some other player is there jumping ahead of you for the ore, npc, or loot. I’m tired of having to fight other players for this stuff; it’s just not worth it.
As the title says, we need more servers/worlds so you don’t feel like you’re in the middle of New York City.
And before you trolls start saying “well then just don’t play then”; this post IS NOT for you. It’s for the Guild Wars Devs. It’s the only means of giving feedback.

We need more servers

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

A:

some other player is there jumping ahead of you for the ore, npc, or loot.

The game doesn’t work like that. All nodes you see are for you only. Other players often have their own resources at the same node locations, but it doesn’t affect your resources.

It works similarly to loot. It could be you solo or a hundred players and nothing would affect what loot you get.

Getting to an NPC first doesn’t matter unless you want to the be one to start every event ever. It really doesn’t matter when you can just jump into the event when you arrive. They are open world events, not single player quests.

We need more servers

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Umm.. You don’t compete for resources, kills, or loot. That is a great thing about this game.

Plus they just did the mega server thing to merge servers to make places more populated. No need for more servers.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

We need more servers

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Well not resources or loot, but when on a “kill x # of things” heart you do sometimes have a challenge finding them to kill when a zerg is wiping out the area and you cant get a hit on said mob.

We need more servers

Triumpf.9075

Why is it then when I’m heading towards a resource, someone jumps in before me and it disappears?

We need more servers

Posted by: Erinyes.3596

Erinyes.3596

Yeah – everybody can harvest the same nodes so no need to do a suicide run to it. If you hit the mob at all you get credit and loot for it as does everyone else.

Also – in case it isn’t clear – you don’t share the node’s bounty with anyone – everyone that harvests it gets the same stuff.

I’m totally not sure what you mean with your statement – this is the great thing about GW2, you don’t have to fight everyone else for anything.

We need more servers

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

You don’t have to compete for kills, resources or loot. If you help someone with a kill, you get the same XP as you would if you did it solo, and you get what ever drop from that mob as if you did it solo. And for resource nodes, like ore, even if someone else is there, you can mine it as well just like if he wasn’t there, and you will not be “stealing” his ore, because he will get the ore just like you were not there either.

To put it short, there is no competition for resource nodes, kills, or loot.

We need more servers

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Is this a joke thread? Someone not saying the ‘game is dying’?

If new, then you might notice that when others mine the ore, it doesn’t disappear for you. It is still there, and you can mine it, as well. You can only see your loot, not anyone else’s, so I’m confused about loot-stealing. It’s true mobs can be killed by anyone, but that’s something that is shared, and that’s a good thing. Not sure how anyone could ‘steal’ an NPC. That one has me boggled.

Again, if new, welcome to Tyria! If trolling, back under your bridge! Lol.

We need more servers

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Why is it then when I’m heading towards a resource, someone jumps in before me and it disappears?

Cause you’re playing the wrong game, cause in Guild Wars 2 it doesn’t.

We need more servers

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It shouldn’t disappear. No idea what’s happening with that but a node only changes when you’ve harvested. Can’t think what the deal would be with what you’re seeing.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

We need more servers

Triumpf.9075

I don’t waste my time on trolling; thanks for the welcome; so are you saying i’m stupid for even daring to ask this question?

We need more servers

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

The ONLY competition in this game is tagging/shooting an enemy at times, everything else is up for grabs by all.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

We need more servers

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I don’t waste my time on trolling; thanks for the welcome; so are you saying i’m stupid for even daring to ask this question?

No one is saying you are stupid, it’s just the game literally does NOT play the way you are describing. Nodes are individual per character, if you mine a node it has literally 0 effect on someone else mining the same node.

We need more servers

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

If the node dissapears before you get it then it’s a bug and you should report it as such.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

We need more servers

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you mean me, nope. Your OP was a bit hostile, and it would not be the first time someone created a troll thread here. And seeing someone ask for more servers is something not seen…ever. Lol.

My apologies, and again, welcome to Tyria. Not sure why you see the nodes disappear on your map, maybe you need a -repair. /shrug

You can always ask in map chat, people are likely to answer your questions right then and there.

I could have sworn I’ve seen that Display Name before….I guess someone else has it, as well.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

We need more servers

Triumpf.9075

If that is so, then my apologies. Thanks for the answers people.

We need more servers

Triumpf.9075

Oh, BTW I am the original Triumpf. I’ve had this nick since 1980.

We need more servers

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is another thread that might interest you: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Something-GW2-does-well

We need more servers

Triumpf.9075

Maybe I was just giving up when I saw someone get to the node first. Thanks all for setting me straight.

We need more servers

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In the future, this is a great resource for the game: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

You can even access it in-game by typing: /wiki (space) (whatever subject/item/etc. you want more information on).

Good luck.

We need more servers

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Maybe I was just giving up when I saw someone get to the node first. Thanks all for setting me straight.

No worries. I’ve had nodes disappear on me before. It was due to people mining from underground from some kind of exploit. That’s probably what happened to you.

We need more servers

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

If the node dissapears before you get it then it’s a bug and you should report it as such.

Or you have already harvested it and it has not respawned yet……..

We need more servers

Posted by: Hanayatori.3764

Hanayatori.3764

Nodes will also disappear if an event starts. I notice it frequently around the dam outside Divinity’s Reach. If the harpy or elder earth elemental event starts, the nodes will disappear. After the event finishes, the nodes will return.

We need more servers

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Some resources disappear when used on some renowed hearts, but all gathering nodes never disappear when looted.

I have completed all 301 hearts at least twice and the rate of it is fairly common unfortunately, probably around 20% of the hearts have this issue.

We need more servers

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

One this is certain, New York city is better than Sahara.

We need more servers

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, if you’re having trouble getting kills/credit during an event, switch to a weapon that tags multiple mobs. For guardian that would be a staff. For a necro, you could use a staff, but you’re better off with the 4 skill of deathshroud. For a ranger, Axe works really well. Each profession has something that allows you to take multiple mobs. It’ll help.