We want capes [merged]

We want capes [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Hey, kiddos. If you do not want capes, just don’t voice your opinion here. It’s not like, once introduced, they will be mandatory to wear.

However .. i’m certain that for a lot of people it will be mandatory to moan about clipping errors from those capes all the time, and especially on Charr.

And if Charr don’t get capes but other races .. oh my .. the forums will also be in flames then.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

We want capes

I only want it if the chap in the picture comes with it. ^_ ^

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

We want capes

A thousand times yes. So tired of seeing all these people standing in LA with their ridiculous looking wings thinking it looks good when it gives me a fit of the giggles with how bad it functions. We need a real back slot item for once.

Cloaks/ Capes should of been in at release. Please listen!

Or at least give us the option to hide others back slot items so we don’t have to deal with immersion breaking ridiculousness. This would fix people whining about clipping issues, which makes no sense anyway because half the gear in the game already has clipping issues.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Hey, kiddos. If you do not want capes, just don’t voice your opinion here. It’s not like, once introduced, they will be mandatory to wear.

Kids these days…

That is not how the world works, if no one objected then Arena Net would assume everyone wants a cape, which is not really the case.

Plus calling everyone a child for not sharing your opinion is… I would not say childish, lets go with unproductive and perhaps outright provocative.

Capes add little to the game and always clip character models extremely badly. Unless someone can give me an example of an MMORPG where it is included and looks natural with no clipping, then I have to remain against such a feature.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I could see them charging 1000+ gems for capes in the Gemstore.

I honestly would not be surprised at this point.

Kids these days…

That is not how the world works, if no one objected then Arena Net would assume everyone wants a cape, which is not really the case.

Plus calling everyone a child for not sharing your opinion is… I would not say childish, lets go with unproductive and perhaps outright provocative.

Capes add little to the game and always clip character models extremely badly. Unless someone can give me an example of an MMORPG where it is included and looks natural with no clipping, then I have to remain against such a feature.

You act as if the majority of the armor/weapons that we’ve had since launch don’t have any major clipping issues. Spoiler: they do.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

i disliked capes in GW, they looked too short and superhero-y.

i dont miss them in GW2, but i’m not against the idea if done better than GW.

i seem to recall there being capes in beta and they were pulled before launch because of clipping issues, can anyone confirm this memory?

edit: I have to agree with Flytrap, the amount of clipping still in the game since launch is mindboggling. So clipping capes would be fitting amongst all the armour and weapon clipping going on.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

(edited by Mimizu.7340)

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

If charr are the reason we don’t have capes, I think humans should get them as a cultural backpiece.

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Im really disappointed we haven’t seen more cultural stuff… helloooo NPC town clothing. Why is that still not a thing? I know anet would rake in some cash. And its been requested since launch.

Edit: and not just stuff clearly aimed at humans. Looking at you, grenth and dwayna back pieces.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Cloaks, I need this, so much.

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I bet the feature update is freaking huge and i think some of the teams are working on the first expansion.

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Capes / Cloaks would be SO awesome.
Why aren’t they in the game yet?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: apheCS.7036

apheCS.7036

No capes, they are dangerous:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2YhxXn7NY

This!)

Rephlecs – Human Thief | Seafarer’s Rest | EU
Guild: World Guardians [WvW]

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They do that for efficiency. They only have to ignore one thread.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

But if I’m wearing a cape how would I show off my engineers oh so popular hobo pack?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

With option of guild trim for alot of gold or influence! get bronze trim first, then get option of silver trim, then option of gold trim. after gold trim guild can change to 15 different trim colors when they want for a small fee.

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

If anything, capes would cover up the relatively horrendous clipping issues of trench-coats & tails.

Difference is, that a cape is a free-hanging piece of cloth. Should be fairly easy to solve.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Im really disappointed we haven’t seen more cultural stuff… helloooo NPC town clothing. Why is that still not a thing? I know anet would rake in some cash. And its been requested since launch.

Edit: and not just stuff clearly aimed at humans. Looking at you, grenth and dwayna back pieces.

The original thread I posted this in was merged into this thread, so context is weird. This was in a thread regarding cultural back pieces and capes.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I’d be all for this, but not those short little GW1 capes. Those didn’t look very good at all. The long flowing capes look great.

Valar Morghulis

We want capes [merged]

Mimizu.7340

We Dont Want Capes.

And anyway, arent they Cloaks?

Capes are for superheroes.

Silly Kitten.

We want capes [merged]

Nat.4029

We Dont Want Capes.

Silly Kitten.

Cloaks are a cape/hood combo. Capes are the shoulder down versions. What they had in GW1 were capes….and short capes which didn’t look very good imo.

Valar Morghulis

We want capes [merged]

Mimizu.7340

We Dont Want Capes.

Silly Kitten.

Cloaks are a cape/hood combo. Capes are the shoulder down versions. What they had in GW1 were capes….and short capes which didn’t look very good imo.

orly?

“Cloaks generally fasten at the neck or over the shoulder, vary in length, from hip all the way down to the ankle, mid-calf being the normal length. They may have an attached hood, and may cover and fasten down the front, in which case they have holes or slits for the hands to pass through. However, cloaks are almost always sleeveless.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak

We want capes [merged]

Nat.4029

We Dont Want Capes.

Silly Kitten.

orly?

“Cloaks generally fasten at the neck or over the shoulder, vary in length, from hip all the way down to the ankle, mid-calf being the normal length. They may have an attached hood, and may cover and fasten down the front, in which case they have holes or slits for the hands to pass through. However, cloaks are almost always sleeveless.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak

I should’ve said “Cloaks usually refer to the cape/hood combo.” My fault. I would agree with you though. I like the word “cloak” better than “cape”.

“A cape is any sleeveless outer garment, such as a poncho, but usually it is a long garment that covers only the back half of the wearer, fastening around the neck.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape

Valar Morghulis

We want capes [merged]

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Capes should get imo implemented as culltural Back items …

We have cultural armors, so I see absolutely nothing wrong with Cultural Back items giving Capes to humans only…

The other races could have their very own cultural back items to further increase the individuality of our characters.

Charrs could have as cultural Back Items for example War Banners of their Legions.
Asuras could have various Inventions
Norn could have various Animal Totems with some kind of Spiritual Animal Auras representin their Animal Spirits their believe in..
Sylvarie could have special leaf/wood/thorn back items that just look like beign natural parts of their bodies which could have various different luminous effects at nights

So I see no problems with Capes being human only. It would definetely solve the character model/movement problem of the other races (charr) with the physics…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside