Weaver, wish skill 1 had range of dagger main

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Was really looking for similar feel/range of dagger main for sword…(chain whip range) but just felt like skill one was a typical melee weapon. Can range be made similar to dagger main for chain whip …its hard leavinging dagger behind…love that weapon.

(edited by Risensoul Shockwave.1564)

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

I for one prefer that the weapons each feel distinct and different rather than sharing the attributes of other weapons. Sword on weaver is very much designed to be a more evasive weapon and I like how they implemented it from a design standpoint. It looks like sword dancing and that is pretty neat… if every weapon played like dagger what would be the point of choosing different weapons over one another? You don’t have to run sword to be a weaver, you still gain access to new dual-attune skills while wielding dagger, or staff, or scepter.

Posted by: Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Yeah, i guess..i’d just miss having a little more of the range with that spell, would not want same effect just similar comfortable feel. Good to hear other opinion though Whats eveyone else think?

(edited by Risensoul Shockwave.1564)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I for one prefer that the weapons each feel distinct and different rather than sharing the attributes of other weapons. Sword on weaver is very much designed to be a more evasive weapon and I like how they implemented it from a design standpoint. It looks like sword dancing and that is pretty neat… if every weapon played like dagger what would be the point of choosing different weapons over one another? You don’t have to run sword to be a weaver, you still gain access to new dual-attune skills while wielding dagger, or staff, or scepter.

Difference being ele had that distance on dagger because:

1- Ele can’t weaponswap, so it needs more flexible weapons to deal with all ranges.

2- Ele is the least survivable class in the game, lowest armor and health pool. It’s why no ele zerker builds are remotely viable in pvp.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

That why it has 3 movement skills.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA