Welcome to the minority.

Welcome to the minority.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Odd, over on mmorpg.com, GW2 is the highest rated MMO out of the entire list.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/all/sCol/rankHype/sOrder/desc

Odd. Media companies make money from good reviews.

((also, if I was sent a free copy (copies!) of GW2 and a bunch of cool promotional stuff from Anet and NCSoft, I’d love the game, too.))

So you’re saying that ANet is the only one that pays review sites? Yeah, I’m sure that’s totally true.

Did I say that? Please quote me if I did. I’d love to read it (for the first time).

You missed the point: don’t give too much weight to a review from a company that has a vested interest in giving good reviews. Make YOUR OWN choice.

Of course you didn’t say it, but you implied it. No I didn’t miss the point, if you notice, there is an official MMORPG.com Review, and then a “User’s Review” section just below it. The ratings on that list come from the user reviews, not the official review.

I did not imply it. If I meant it, I would have said it.

And, yes, you missed the point. Otherwise, you still wouldn’t be pointing at OTHER PEOPLE’S reviews…

Do YOU like the game? That should be enough, no?

Careful, if you point out the obvious you might anger them even more.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Katostrophe.3274

Katostrophe.3274

So you go to another games website, and try to tell them this game is better? Im sure that went over well…… Going to another video games website and saying a different game is better is like insulting someones baby- they are not going to like what you have to say, and probably be offended. If you expected anything other than defensive remarks, then you must be very young or new to the internet.

This game has a lot of support. Period. Majority positive review and reception. Also, the game has respectful developers who actually participate with the community and acknowledge issues.

The game has not even posted its first major update yet. That will be telling about how the game will be supported further down the line. Only a week to go and then we will see what is in store for the future.

Who said anything about another games website? I have a huge pool of friends that play MMO’s both from real life and ones that I have met over the years playing other MMO’s and I’m telling you right now this game is not doing well in the MMO community. Yes, it has reviewed well but it is not appealing to the majority of the MMO gamers out there.

Like I said I’ve seen this so many times before in games like Aion, Warhammer, Rift, Tera etc. and it’s always the same thing. The very small segment of the MMO community that likes the game sticks their head in the sand and denies denies denies. The only difference is this time I actually like the game in question and want to see it succeed but I know that it will fail if something doesn’t change real quickly and it might already be too late. Not many people are likely to return to a game they’ve already decided they don’t like.

Again, you are using unreal examples to prove your point. The fact that you are saying you have friends who have drifted away from this game proves nothing because I probably have double the amount who have stayed to play while more are joining.

You are saying it like we are going to take your word for it all because you say “believe me, the game is not doing well in the mmo community”. Well like i said before, in all the websites im apart of your statement is completely wrong. You are not using any proof or data to backup your statement. The game is new give it time.

Almost every world in GW2 is at max limit and you usually have to wait in line to even enter because of how many people are playing each server. Literally every other MMO in the market lacks in comparison to the gameplay of this game

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

What I am trying to say is, “just stopping the comments won’t save the game. only fixing ‘the bad’ will…”

No it won’t. Trust me, people will complain about ANYTHING.

They could give us all free stuff, and someone would complain about it. (I’ve seen it before)

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: diabluz.2860

diabluz.2860

I’m going to use a very simple and easy to understand visual for those head in sand people. If you go to this page on Twitch you’ll see the games with the most viewers which is a very good gauge of current interest in that game in the gaming community. As you can see Guild Wars 2 is way down on that list. The game started out at a much higher spot when it came out but has been in a constant decline since.

This is what we refer to in the Marketing community as an example of metrics. Interest in Guild Wars 2 is low and that is a huge issue since the game has only been out for a little over a month.

Yes, this game reviewed exceptionally well but reviewers do not make the game successful. What makes the game a success is money, people buying the game and then staying in the game and buying things in the gem shop. The reviewers don’t line ArenaNets pockets we the gamers do and if the majority of us aren’t interested then the game will fail regardless of how great reviewers think it is.

(edited by diabluz.2860)

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Forums in ANY game are ALWAYS literal quagmires of negativity. Just respond to what appeals to you and remember where you are.

And keep in mind that 98% of the people playing this game could give a kitten about what is said here.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: walle.6437

walle.6437

Sadly I called this months ago. But, the game will not die. GW1 did not crumble, and people called that game bad.

Personally I really liked GW1 and they had something unique there, wish they made something similar to that sad face

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Sadly I called this months ago. But, the game will not die. GW1 did not crumble, and people called that game bad.

Sadly, I didn’t. I thought GW2 would be bigger than this, and it’s the first MMO I’ve been wrong about :/

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

My guild has an average age of 28 or 29 now, and it’s been going up (both our population and our average player age) since launch. The older people love the game and remain, the younger ones tend to move on to games more fitting to their interests. No one game is for everybody.

If my fellow older men and women are the minority, I welcome it.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Welcome to the minority.

Stevoli.8795

I’m going to use a very simple and easy to understand visual for those head in sand people. If you go to this page on Twitch you’ll see the games with the most viewers which is a very good gauge of current interest in that game in the gaming community. As you can see Guild Wars 2 is way down on that list. The game started out at a much higher spot when it came out but has been in a constant decline since.

Of course it was higher close to launch date. People were checking it out to decide whether or not to buy it.

If you notice, all of the top viewed games are competitive games, which is what GW2 is heading towards.

Welcome to the minority.

Stevoli.8795

My guild has an average age of 28 or 29 now, and it’s been going up (both our population and our average player age) since launch. The older people love the game and remain, the younger ones tend to move on to games more fitting to their interests. No one game is for everybody.

Same in my guild. We had a few people who are in their early 20s, and they left to go play other games. Everyone left is 30+, and loving the game.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

This is very interesting data. I’ll do a quick survey on my guild about this.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

ArenaNet isn’t going to sink a lot of time and money into supporting something that only appeals to a very small niche crowd. We need more people to like and enjoy this game if we want to see it grow for years to come.

The business model for this game suits itself very well to filling a niche. A devoted base of fans that like the game enough to spend money in the gem shop and buy expansions will keep the game successful.

The reasons that the average MMO players don’t like this game are the same reasons that I love this game and continue to spend money on it. The average MMO player already has games that cater to the lowest common denominator. Me and my gaming dollars are quite happy in this niche.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Battousai.7586

Battousai.7586

Nerds are hard to please these days, actually they are impossible to please. there is not 1 game out that hasnt received heavy flak, not 1. You guys need to go outside and take a deep breathe, remember its only computer games, they exist for mere entertainment away from the real world, nothing more.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

The business model for this game suits itself very well to filling a niche. A devoted base of fans that like the game enough to spend money in the gem shop and buy expansions will keep the game successful.

The reasons that the average MMO players don’t like this game are the same reasons that I love this game and continue to spend money on it. The average MMO player already has games that cater to the lowest common denominator. Me and my gaming dollars are quite happy in this niche.

That makes sense, if that’s what they were going for. Guess I just thought they were “in it to win it this time” and all that.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Invoking the mighty ‘twitchtv’ again…
Didnt we nail this in a post a few days ago? Viewers are down for a multitude of reasons, none of which spell doom for the game…

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

That makes sense, if that’s what they were going for. Guess I just thought they were “in it to win it this time” and all that.

I think it makes more sense from a business perspective to keep a smaller user base REALLY happy, than a larger base sorta happy.

As soon as the next new thing comes along, the sorta happy folks disappear and you have to figure out how to replace them. The really happy folks not only cost less to keep around, they’re usually “promoters” that help bring new people in.

My guess from looking at the longevity of the original GW is that ANet understands this quite well.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Makes sense to me that people in other MMO Communities would think GW2 sucks. If they did not think that they would be playing GW2 kitten

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Flabber Babble.8720

Flabber Babble.8720

In all seriousness, it’s sad to think that your enjoyment of something could be influenced so heavily by someone else’s opinion. Calm down, put away your “end is nigh” picket sign, and find some people to play with.

Even if your friends did leave the game, they still have their accounts and will be welcomed back if/whenever they decide to give it another go. Coming back to GW2 doesn’t require any sort of commitment, and. Being away WON’T put you at a disadvantage in terms of gear/progression. Most players know and realize that ANet is not holding them captive.

Basically, don’t panic if a few people you know move on to other things.

Welcome to the minority.

diabluz.2860

Didnt we nail this in a post a few days ago? Viewers are down for a multitude of reasons, none of which spell doom for the game…

Twitch is just one of many metrics you can use to gauge current interest in GW2. Xsplit is one of the other many ways you can see that interest/people playing it has declined immensely since launch.

I’m done trying to argue the obvious. Like others have said, denying that there is an issue isn’t going to make it go away. You can deny all you want, it will not change the facts.

(edited by diabluz.2860)

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

This is America! Vote with your money. If you like this game, keep playing and throw your time or money at it. If you don’t, go throw your money at a different game.

Comments and opinion polls and Internet rantings are irrelevant. Cash is king!

Welcome to the minority.

Stevoli.8795

That is just one of many metrics you can use to gauge current interest in GW2, Xsplit is one of the other many ways you can see that interest/people playing it has declined immensely since launch.

I’m done trying to argue the obvious. Like others have said, denying that there is an issue isn’t going to make it go away. You can deny all you want, it will not change the facts.

There is no issue. People were viewing live streams to see if they wanted to purchase the game or not. Of course the # of viewers is going to go down when the game has been out for over a month now.

Once they implement the competitive PvP system with the tickets and super prizes, you’ll see those numbers go right back up. If you didn’t notice, all of the top viewed games are competitive PvP games.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Murakai.5073

Murakai.5073

Fact is I could care less about MMO Communities say. I don’t play a game because others say its fun. I play it cuz I want to.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

Actually, the average MMO gamer is very positive about GW2. Its ‘hardcore’ (whatever that means) MMO gamers who complain. Don’t see a problem here. And I don’t care whether this game has 1 million players or 5 million – it is already a financial success and I (and enough others) will continue playing it for the foreseeable future.

Welcome to the minority.

diabluz.2860

In all seriousness, it’s sad to think that your enjoyment of something could be influenced so heavily by someone else’s opinion. Calm down, put away your “end is nigh” picket sign, and find some people to play with.

Even if your friends did leave the game, they still have their accounts and will be welcomed back if/whenever they decide to give it another go. Coming back to GW2 doesn’t require any sort of commitment, and. Being away WON’T put you at a disadvantage in terms of gear/progression. Most players know and realize that ANet is not holding them captive.

Basically, don’t panic if a few people you know move on to other things.

I addressed this line of thinking earlier but I will repeat it for you. I don’t need anyones approval to like or dislike something. I have been marching to the beat of my own drummer since a kid. What I did say though was that this is an MMO and community is crucial, people logging in daily and participating in events/WvW and buying things from the gem shop is crucial to long term success.

If you like this game, want it to be successful and continue to see updates/additions then you better hope that this game starts to garner more fans and interest.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: NBlitz.9083

NBlitz.9083

Nope. I haven’t seen this same topic and replies (on both sides) before in previous MMORPGs.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Another end of the world drama started on no reliable numbers or facts.

Use your feelings, young padawan. As long as you see the starter areas packed (and they still are at prime time), the game is doing very well.

Quite amusing btw, I logged into Pandaria this afternoon, and the Panda starter areas were deserted (I’ve seen two other characters in there in 3 hours). And Pandaria released 1+ month after GW2.

If you look for a dying game, you’re at the wrong place.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

I seem to recall those same people saying Guild Wars sucked. It was fail, It was not an MMO, blah blah blah, etc, etc, etc.

And oh look…They only sold what ? 6 million copies ?

7 years later the game is still going. Funny that considering the “majority” didnt like it.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

^ yeah i have a freind who loved guild wars 1 but most people i knew, especially the ones that played wow said it sucked

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

See what you are doing OP it’s fairly obvious.

If gw1 worked, gw2 will work aswell. No worries, i usually don’t care what other people say, i’m afterall strong not weak Cough.

It’s very rare that a game dies, look around you so many games that have been “dead” since release and yet are still here. Why bother to speculate, you have no idea what will happen next week let alone a few years from now. But gw1 has been with us for 7 years, and gw2 with its hype and amazing gameplay/PvP it will be with us for atleast 10 years, why not you know.. just go with it.

Speculate all you want, but if gw1 managed gw2 will manage… Since most people like this game i see nothing to be worried about.

Welcome to the minority.

diabluz.2860

If gw1 worked, gw2 will work aswell. No worries, i usually don’t care what other people say, i’m afterall strong not weak Cough.

It’s very rare that a game dies, look around you so many games that have been “dead” since release and yet are still here. Why bother to speculate, you have no idea what will happen next week let alone a few years from now. But gw1 has been with us for 7 years, and gw2 with its hype and amazing gameplay/PvP it will be with us for atleast 10 years, why not you know.. just go with it.

Speculate all you want, but if gw1 managed gw2 will manage… Since most people like this game i see nothing to be worried about.

That is where you are so totally wrong. Most people don’t like this game. Most people actually find this game boring and have left. Hence the title of the thread, Welcome to the Minority.

Welcome to the minority.

Stevoli.8795

There’s always going to be extremists on either side of an argument, nothing new here.

Welcome to the minority.

Stevoli.8795

That is where you are so totally wrong. Most people don’t like this game. Most people actually find this game boring and have left. Hence the title of the thread, Welcome to the Minority.

If by “most” you mean your little group of friends, then sure. Otherwise, you’re just doing a bad job at trolling.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Nyaochan.1756

Nyaochan.1756

You’re just spouting nonsense now. Where’s your proof that the “majority” have quit the game?

Welcome to the minority.

diabluz.2860

If by “most” you mean your little group of friends, then sure. Otherwise, you’re just doing a bad job at trolling.

Every time a ostrich comes up I’m going to respond with this.

Wake up call!!!

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Most people do like the game, i see nothing but good things if you don’t focus on bugs/tech issues.

I started solo, 2 days after release 1 friend bought it, another 3 days 2 friends bought it.
Today i have over 10 friends playing.

To me that is the majority, all i can do is go with the facts i have, so 10 out of 10 is playing which means the majority on my part loves it. The guild i am in had around 60 prime time, today it’s around 50-60. People don’t play as much, but they log on a few days a week (Friends list).

All i hear/read on the internet is that alot of people love it, especially the PvP.
Well well.. Atleast we love it, and people on the servers we fight in WvsW seem to like it aswell, it’s still packed with people (queue time needs fixing :P) And i see nothing out of the ordinary…

Servers seem to be Full/Heavy.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Snores.7806

Snores.7806

Lol, really ?!
I surf quite a few different MMO forums and I’ve hardly seen any outright hater posts for GW2. I’ve seen the odd “GW2 suxxorz !1!” posts but the opinions of hormonally imbalanced 14 yr olds dont really register.
The most vitrolic posts against Anet and GW2 seem to be right here so therez no need to go looking elsewhere for them.
I’ll be the first to admit this game could use some work, but I’ve seen a kitten sight worse MMO releases then this. The fact that you somehow need the tacit approval of other MMO communities to justify the games you play speaks volumes about you Mr OP

Welcome to the minority.

Stevoli.8795

Wake up call!!!

Again, look at the top games… those are all eSport games. OF COURSE they are going to have higher number of viewers. Using that as your argument is like saying people aren’t interested in football because they aren’t watching live streams of a guy in his back yard throwing a football around.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: delmarqo.5038

delmarqo.5038

I love threads like this and can’t wait for the early disillusioned “this wasn’t what I believed it would be” folks to move on. Nobody needs to play this game. Even the professional reviews are already done

As to the OP about the “MMO Community”. Heh. Big echo chamber that. But whatever, if you feel the need to play a game only because it’s the most popular, well, there’s a app game for that.

The game has issues. So do they all.

Welcome to the minority.

diabluz.2860

Wake up call!!!

Again, look at the top games… those are all eSport games. OF COURSE they are going to have higher number of viewers. Using that as your argument is like saying people aren’t interested in football because they aren’t watching live streams of a guy in his back yard throwing a football around.

Diablo 3 is NOT an esports game, neither is WoW. Even Diablo 3 has more interest and that is largely regarded to be a failure but has more interest than GW2 does and GW2 has only been out for a little over a month.

Welcome to the minority.

Stevoli.8795

Diablo 3 is NOT an esports game, neither is WoW. Even Diablo 3 has more interest and that is largely regarded to be a failure but has more interest than GW2 does and GW2 has only been out for a little over a month.

I guess you didn’t look at the videos for D3 then, the one with the highest amount of viewers is titled “BUYING UPGRADES FOR VIEWERS”. Gee. I wonder why people are watching that one.

Fact is, the popular video streamers aren’t playing GW2. That’s about the only thing I’m seeing from your link.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

it is not the community, it is the forum community where the disgruntled people go to vent while the rest, at least after getting tired of weeks of pointless discussion, enjoys playing the game. but check any other current online game, heck, any other game with a forum. check wow forums, secret world forums, bioware social, you name it, whereever people are given a channel to communicate with developers or people who like a game, John Gabriel’s Greater Internet kittenwad Theory applies.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Mitsu.5193

Mitsu.5193

“If someone has a criticism about GW2 then they can post it constructively and we can talk about it.”

Except we can’t even if it is constructive criticism. Either the thread gets locked and/or deleted or we’re faced with a deluge of “well don’t let the door hit you on the way out kthxbye” remarks.

Well good luck to all the casual gamers, you’ll eventually hit 80 and start seeing the cracks, perhaps we can have a civil discussion next year this time.

Here we go:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lack-of-any-real-loot-is-a-huge-problem-for-this-game/page/3#post439772

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-this-game-has-no-dungeon-finder (one of the ten billion DF posts btw)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Has-Guild-Wars-2-been-worth-your-60-00/page/7#post424481

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Magic-Find-No-Significant-Benefits

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-there-not-a-PvP-Server/first#post433182

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-being-legendary-is-related-to-luck

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Greatsword-mobs-1-hit

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-the-camera-so-focused-on-the-floor

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/World-Completion-Gold-Star-needs-to-change

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Is-Botting-Acceptable

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-loot-from-chest-so-bad-Jump-Puzzles-chest

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/This-Game-Needs-to-be-Harder

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/DR-Orr

Yup nobody gets to talk about the bad/good of GW2. All closed down.

I haven’t even TOUCHED the dungeon forums btw.

man i dont post a lot, but this made me LOL. srsly, just look at the complaints, none of those are game-breakers, the only one that i agree with is the loot one, and maybe the pvp server one (i love pvp) but none of those drove me away from the game.

and yea, theres 20, maybe 50, maybe 100 topics about bad things on gw2, while theres over 1000+ ppl playing the game per server.

i love how people just complain at forums.

Welcome to the minority.

Raf.1078

This is very interesting data. I’ll do a quick survey on my guild about this.

Same for my guild also. Most of us are in our late 30’s to mid 50’s. The few younger ones have moved on to other games.

Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

It’s really, really hard for people to understand that a tiny sample size doesn’t mean anything. Just because you, your guild, everyone you know, and 100 people who write magazine articles all think something – that doesn’t actually account for ANYTHING. The non-random sample size is still far, far too small.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

@diabluz

I like how you talk about marching to your own beat since you were a kid, but then anyone who disagrees with you, or isn’t convinced, is “denying the facts” and has their head in the sand.

You want to convince me that this game is dying, you need to provide me with some solid evidence. Not circumstantial evidence (twitch.tv), not hearsay (reddit, /v/, or whatever other game community you’re talking about), not hyperbole (“the majority of the MMO community”). Evidence. Real numbers that I can measure, gauge and interpret.

I’m going to assume you’re being genuine and not trolling, but frankly, it’s insulting to suggest that we either believe your outlandish, alarmist, reactionary and exaggerated claims about how the “majority” of the MMO community (whatever in Dwayna’s name that is) hates this game and we’re somehow a minority—or, if we don’t believe you, we’re in denial.

You realize you’re actually asking us to not think critically, but react irrationally to circumstantial evidence and bad logic.

Carl Sagan and Marcello Truzi said that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Show me some real evidence and I’ll be happy to hop on board your doom train.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

About half of my WoW group has gone back to WoW while half of us have stayed with GW2.

I think what GW2 needs to do is a few things..

• Leveling should have been longer. Sorry but it’s too quick which leads to…
  • Need more to do at ‘end-game’…yes yes this isn’t WoW but they could really use some ‘progression’ type content that sends you all over the world along with progression type attunements for end game dungeons that require you to complete A to go to B and C, etc. Even though I’m not there yet, my guildies are.
  • Make PvE and World Content harder…right now it’s not that challenging. Early WoW in the first few months was actually challenging in a lot of outdoor areas. Maybe even ‘instance’ some DE’s like PS’s so you don’t get a ton of people zerging a DE boss down which makes people think the game is too easy.
  • Make ‘roles’ more apparent. Right now many people seem to think this is just a ‘spam 1111’ and DPS everything down. I think harder content and some other things will make people realize they can’t do this all the time.

Overall GW2 is amazing…but just like early WoW, it needs some tweaking.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Katostrophe.3274

Katostrophe.3274

Again Diab, you have done nothing to reply to my responses because you clearly understand how wrong you are and are just trying to push your wrong-beliefs on other people. The marketing data you used is completely wrong for a few reasons but ill give you the main one; Twitch is generally geared towards the streaming of competitive environments. CS:S, 1.6, Starcraft, LoL, etc. Guild wars 2, and every other casual MMO will ALWAYS be at the bottom for those sites. So will everything else communication related until GW2 becomes a competitive game. (Paid leagues/tournaments, ofcourse)

The games population is so obviously growing due to how populated the servers are becoming over the past week. GW2 is in an absolutely fantastic position and its popularity growing in EVERY other gaming community on the internet.

Dont be tricked guys. Almost 99.1% of the things Diab is saying are completely irrelevant and untrue and his only defense is “You have your head in sand”.

P.S Do you work for blizzard?

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

Of all the US servers. on 1 was at medium population. ONE !
The MOST were FULL and the rest were all HIGH.

So your right, most people left the game because you know, all the servers are low population ghost towns.

Welcome to the minority.

Posted by: Mitsu.5193

Mitsu.5193

It’s really, really hard for people to understand that a tiny sample size doesn’t mean anything. Just because you, your guild, everyone you know, and 100 people who write magazine articles all think something – that doesn’t actually account for ANYTHING. The non-random sample size is still far, far too small.

well the op was talking about his “MMO comunity” of 5, maybe 10 friends.

im not saying you are wrong, btw, but that applys for both sides.

Welcome to the minority.

Raf.1078

Out of 2 million copies sold…define “most”. Thats a pretty big claim. Show your sources and numbers.

Even if you’ve left the game? By paying the cost to come try it out, ANet has gotten the equivalent of 4 months + of subscriptions out of you. Not a bad take in and of itself.