Well, can't do daily again.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

2 true PvE options for daily (Brisban Wildlands events, Kryta Forager).

I can’t get groups up for Fractals and PUGging them is for the birds. So where was this better choice in dailys we were told about?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You mean only two open world PvE options. Fractals are PvE.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Fractals are ‘true’ PvE options … you just choose to ignore them.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t know why fractals aren’t pve….

However, the better argument is that these two things are overlapped. We have a fractal daily and a higher fractal daily. IMO, the more specific one should be removed or not allowed to coeexist.

The other feeling is they really should change it back to region specific events. Brisbane Wildlands is an awful, awful zone. I have not done an event daily ever since they had those new dailies

I have to admit I usually do pvp/wvw dailies a lot more these days. The former two really come by just playing but the pve ones are pretty annoying. My opinion is that the wvw/pvp dailies are great, the pve aren’t. Perhaps we should have a universial daily that doesn’t change like “daily recycler”.

This comes from someone that often scores 5-6 dailies just for the little chests at times. because I play all 3 game modes. Yes, I know that I don’t have to do pve dailies, but they are definitely inferior to the others.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

GuzziHero.2467

I dont have any character with fractals above level 3 so I cant really do the 21-30 one.

None of my guild that are on at the moment are up for fractals and PUGing them is the less preferable option to pulling out my eyes with a rusty spanner.

So yeah, cant do daily again.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

I’d give Fractals a try. This isn’t Wow. I’ve found PUG for fractals pretty civil.

the 20 – 30 daily is a bit much though.

GuzziHero.2467

Thing is, with my work schedule, I often dont have the 1hr+ it takes to PUG a set of fractals anyway.

It seems 3 days or more of every week, I log on, see the daily options, and log right back off again because the options suck.

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

One of the fractal dailys is to do a single fractal (1 shard) of any difficulty. You can find games designed to specifically meet the daily and run the fastest fractal (swamp). With a good team you will finish it in 10 minutes or so.

Ayrilana.1396

I dont have any character with fractals above level 3 so I cant really do the 21-30 one.

None of my guild that are on at the moment are up for fractals and PUGing them is the less preferable option to pulling out my eyes with a rusty spanner.

I don’t think your reward level needs to be between 21-30 to get credit. Maybe someone can confirm this. You should be able to do this and I have seen others manage with no AR. However, it is very highly recommended that you have AR for this tier as you’ll likely get downed at the beginning of each boss fractal fight including during the phases changes.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I fractal pug 50 almost daily.

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

I understand the problem and agree with you, but it is usually a very quick thing to get a WvW daily to make up for it.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Posted by: Lucretia.8507

Lucretia.8507

Just do a wvw daily, the ruins one might be the easiest daily out of all of them including pve, all you have to do is stand in one of them until it caps, nothing to fight.

Turnip ~ altaholic
[PVP] Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Brisbane Wildlands is an awful, awful zone. I have not done an event daily ever since they had those new dailies

Better than Snowden Drifts, you could just camp the Tangle Root area too.

GuzziHero.2467

I understand the problem and agree with you, but it is usually a very quick thing to get a WvW daily to make up for it.

WvW brings me out in a rash. SPvP gives me a dose of bubonic plague every time my mouse hovers near the icon.

No thanks.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Brisbane Wildlands is an awful, awful zone. I have not done an event daily ever since they had those new dailies

Better than Snowden Drifts, you could just camp the Tangle Root area too.

Snowden Drifts is poor too, but I just like navigating the zone more. Brisbane is just like an annoying mess of trees and steep slopes.

Most of my characters don’t even have access to most of that area except a straight beeline for the new zones.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Lucretia.8507

Lucretia.8507

WvW brings me out in a rash. SPvP gives me a dose of bubonic plague every time my mouse hovers near the icon.

No thanks.

Stop being so dramatic, the ruins wvw daily is the easiest daily, if you can’t even do that then what can you do exactly?

Turnip ~ altaholic
[PVP] Fort Aspenwood

Khisanth.2948

No thanks.

Stop being so dramatic, the ruins wvw daily is the easiest daily, if you can’t even do that then what can you do exactly?

Land claimer is also easy.
Also many of the WvW dailies can be done in EotM.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

The ‘E’ in PvE stands for environment. Meaning the explorable world. Fractals are just a puzzle sideboard. Has nothing to do with the world map. So no, that should NOT belong to the PvE daylies. True explores will always ignore mini games like this.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

While I like fractals, I dislike them as daylies. I think daylies should be something you can do within an hour, chilling in the spare free time some people have.

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

The ‘E’ in PvE stands for environment. Meaning the explorable world. Fractals are just a puzzle sideboard. Has nothing to do with the world map

Oh lord, people like you…trying to split tiny hairs. One could say that Fractals is set in an area that is in some ‘world’ and what you do is ‘explore’ it. Ta-dah! It’s an explorable world.

It would be simpler if you just outright said “I can’t do fractals, I shouldn’t have to do fractals for my dailies!”

To normal people PvE is just Players vs AI and PvP is player vs player. It’s that simple. Although if we wanted to be silly, PvE player vs environment, one could simply say ANYTHING around you is part of your ‘Environment’ even if you are in a PvP mode.

These forums…

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Don’t care for Fractals much myself but the daily just do single Fractal is quite easy to solo. I take the Ascalon one on lvl 1 and 10 minutes later I’m done with a Pristine relic to show for it. No biggie

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’ve gotten better at some of the simpler WvW ones if I don’t want to wait for a boss event or traipse around a map I’m not totally familiar with. But these dailies are changing that but some days simply grabbing a ruin in WvW, claiming some land or offing a caravan is so much quicker.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

TBH, I am not a fan of the new dailies either, and with the way they are spread out I believe them to only be a waypoint goldsink.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Thing is, with my work schedule, I often dont have the 1hr+ it takes to PUG a set of fractals anyway.

It seems 3 days or more of every week, I log on, see the daily options, and log right back off again because the options suck.

If you don’t like the dailies for the day then why don’t you just do what you want for the day. Whether it’s personal story map completion or what ever.

The dailies are really a maditory thing anymore. The only thing you miss is a couple scrolls of xp and 10ap. It’s not like before when it was for the 1 laurals.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You can, you just choose not to. You are aware that you can do a WvW or PVP to finish it off right?

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Most of the WvW ones are technically PvE anyway. Though it’s always entertaining to see the excuses. Like fractals not being pve. 1 fractal isn’t even hard.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

I also reacted to the overlapping/double Fractal Daily. But, then again, it IS possible to solo a lvl 1 Ascalonian fractal…

And as others have said there are several other extremely easy daily achivements you can do. The ruins one in WvW and the player kill / rank in PvP are all three extremely easy to get.

“can’t do”?

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

One of the fractal dailys is to do a single fractal (1 shard) of any difficulty. You can find games designed to specifically meet the daily and run the fastest fractal (swamp). With a good team you will finish it in 10 minutes or so.

Or you can even solo the Ascalon fractal on lvl 1.

I fractal pug 50 almost daily.

To be fair, I’ve found the people you get in pugs at higher levels to be much better as a whole. It’s usually the lower levels that can go badly sometimes given they’re more accessible.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This is an insane amount of Q.Q over nothing. Do them, or don’t, who really cares? No zone is really all that big a deal when all you have to do is run around and do 4 events. People call out the WP for the events, just jump around do it and leave. Big whoop.

Fractal/leveled Fractal are the best, if you’re fractal level appropriate and you have the time. I’m not level appropriate for the ones that were advertised. I do under 10. But so what.

But most important is, as I said, so what? You don’t get 10 AP for completing, whoopy do. It’s not like you get Laurels anymore, or really anything worth mentioning unless you’re leveling an alt without actually playing it, like I am.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

What’s annoying are the people who call out WP and the event is no where near them so they don’t register on the map or they call it out with seconds left until completion. That’s one reason I hate doing them on maps that I’ve not memorized through shear repetition.

At least I give general compass heading with the waypoint.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Saw 21-30 fractals as daily, saw daily fractal as daily. Pugged with a zerker group, done in 40min. winning

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

This thread will most likely be moved to the daily feedback anyway.

But yeah the problem today is the 21-30 fractal which cant be done without preparation.
I asked in LA if its possible to do this level without AR and was told not to.

And yes you shouldnt do the event dailies.
Its typically a horrible experience to do them.

I personally only run the daily when its convenient, mostly when things like harvesting and vistas are up.

Event completion just takes way too long and forces you to deal with people that you wouldn’t even want on your server tbh.

Khisanth.2948

That is mostly because of broken events … also depends on how well you know the events on the map.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

That is mostly because of broken events … also depends on how well you know the events on the map.

Yeah .. today events in Wayfarer Foothils for example is quite easy .. just do the Svanir Shaman and pre-events ^^

This is still the best designed World Boss in regards of the pre-events.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: sscripko.5387

sscripko.5387

But yeah the problem today is the 21-30 fractal which cant be done without preparation.

I don’t really agree with double fractals, but I think that they should change all of the X level fractal ones to “Complete a fractal at your reward level or higher” That gets rid of the “I can’t do that level” complaints.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Refuse to do pvp dailies is some code of honor or something?

I don’t understand why so many players refuse to do it, those are incredible easy:
Daily PvP Capture: go to an empty arena and walk to a point to capture, there done.
Daily PvP Rank Points: enter an unranked match, you can just walk forward and press 1 if you want, in the end after your team lost you’ll get 500 rank points, you just need 50 for the achieve.
Daily PvP Reward Earner: do the previous one until you get a reward, I think if you do 0 points in every match you will complete this in 2~3 matches.

Resuming, you can be almost a vegetable and sill do the PvP dailies, and at least 1 of those dailies will be available every day.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Capture WvW supply camp <—- PvE
Dolyak killer <—— PvE
Veteran guard killer <—- PvE
Ruins <—— PvE

What exactly do you hate about them, they are exactly the same as some events?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

This thread will most likely be moved to the daily feedback anyway.

I personally only run the daily when its convenient, mostly when things like harvesting and vistas are up.

Event completion just takes way too long and forces you to deal with people that you wouldn’t even want on your server tbh.

Really? Just do the first part of a fractal level 1 then. It will take 10min at max, plenty of ppl will want to do that in the lfg.

‘’Daily fractal 1, just first fractal’‘. Hell at that level there is no agony resistance, just don’t run swamp and you can solo it, its super easy at that level.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

“Won’t do dailies again”
I fixed that for you

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

There are a few WvW and PvP achieves that are by far the easiest to complete, surpassing even the PvE ones in terms of brain-dead simplicity.

Caravan Killer – Go kill a yak.
Ruin Master – Go sit still.
WvW Land Claimer – Go kill a sentry and then sit still.
PvP Point capturer – Go sit still.
PvP Rank Points – Die as much as you want.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Just type this LFG “LFG swamp level 1 for daily, quick run”

You will fill that group fast and the actual fractal itself only takes 10min. Longer with people that don’t know the first part, but as long as 3 people know what they are doing, it can be cleared in under 10min even.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Just type this LFG “LFG swamp level 1 for daily, quick run”

You will fill that group fast and the actual fractal itself only takes 10min. Longer with people that don’t know the first part, but as long as 3 people know what they are doing, it can be cleared in under 10min even.

Aquatic is even easer IMO. Don’t have to deal with the coordination of the wisps. Kill some krait, swim through a tunnel either in the dark or as a dolphin, then kill a jellyfish.

Ayrilana.1396

Most do swamp because it’s the quickest and you normally have 3 people who know what they’re doing.

For those that don’t, you jump onto and over the tree walls at certain spots. Don’t wait for a path to open up.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Just dropping by to say that “easy” and “fun” are not synonymous.

khani.4786

Yeah, but if you’re doing it for a daily and it’s only lvl 1 there are likely going to be a whole lot of people joining that have no idea what they’re doing. In that case swamp is going to be a bad choice. I remember when I first did swamp, for a long time we re-rolled for that one because no one knew the paths, the traps got people and we couldn’t do it. We learned how and for us it’s the quickest, but if you’re solo or with a bunch of new to fractal only there for daily folks I really would go aquatic. Sure it’s underwater combat, but it can be as fast as or quicker than swamp.

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

the pve dailies are dumb.
the worst is when you ahve to kill a specific npc but have to stand around forever waiting for it to spawn….that is not fun!
the only pve daily worth the time and effort is the gathering ones.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yeah, but if you’re doing it for a daily and it’s only lvl 1 there are likely going to be a whole lot of people joining that have no idea what they’re doing. In that case swamp is going to be a bad choice. I remember when I first did swamp, for a long time we re-rolled for that one because no one knew the paths, the traps got people and we couldn’t do it. We learned how and for us it’s the quickest, but if you’re solo or with a bunch of new to fractal only there for daily folks I really would go aquatic. Sure it’s underwater combat, but it can be as fast as or quicker than swamp.

For new people, yes aquatic is easiest and potentially faster. But with a group that knows Swamp, there is no comparison on time to complete. Swamp is stupid fast.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

khani.4786

For new people, yes aquatic is easiest and potentially faster. But with a group that knows Swamp, there is no comparison on time to complete. Swamp is stupid fast.

Absolutely, completely agree.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well I agree Anet should put in a quad of dungeons achievs…

daily fractal, 1-10,11-20, 20-30
daily story (specific)
daily path (specific)
daily full run (all paths of any dungeon (pref. ignoring aetherblade))
daily “annoying path”: CoF 3, SE2, TA Aether, Arah 2, to list some

from these 5 and their subs use 1 per list and provide us with: The Daily Dungeons/Fractals…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.