What are devs working on ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leodious.5671

Leodious.5671

I think most people are hitting the right points. I had basically given up on the forums a year ago or so. The reason is that we haven’t been getting any communication.

What we all want, and what I would be best for you as a company, for the bottom line as well as for the community, the game itself, and the relationship the company has with the players, is to tell us what high-level things you are thinking about, what long-term plans you have, what sorts of things you are working on, so that players can let you know if they are a good idea or not.

Most people aren’t on the forums, no. But this is a cross-section of different attitudes and desires, simply of those players who care enough to share them. If a large proportion of the forum population doesn’t like something, you can bet a similar proportion of the game population won’t like it. There will always be, as many others have said, jerks and complainers and just general hateful nasty people.

I really don’t think you should base your communication policy on the worst people in our community. You need to let people know what’s going on, because when you don’t let us know anything at all, as often as not, by the time we hear about it, and it is nearly finished, we don’t like it because there hasn’t been input. And then it’s too late to change it. It is not a policy that makes for creating and growing the game that the players want.

I love this world, and I love this game; I want what’s best for it. Keeping the people who love the game most in the dark is not the way to make the game better.

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

The devs are probably working on that Husk Minipet that i requested a month ago here!

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It is less Company Policies, and more Company Policing. We used to have some fun, energetic, vocal and interesting people to talk to (see: Josh Foreman)

But it seems whenever someone over there wants to talk, someone higher up pulls out the duct tape, and who knows whatever else behind the curtains to stop them…maybe even being fearful of keeping their job or not, or how their job will be effected (see: Martin Kerstein)

This Company Policy seems incredibly inclusive and anti-transparency, like they are actively trying to stop us from knowing anything ever…

If this was some fictional fantasy setting, the GW2 community are now part of a city-state, and Arena Net are the black veiled government abducting people and killing ideas behind the shadows. :P (ok maybe that was a little strong >.>)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

So are we ever going to get any of this ?
————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

After the end of the tournaments, the game will be the same since it was released!
Players really want:
New Dungeons/Fractals
New Dungeon/Fractal Rewards
PvP modes/maps
Guild Halls (GvG)
New Legendaries
New Weapon and Armor skins (No RNG)
Precursor Crafting

Its easy to see that Anet wont stop with the livingstory , So this means we are never going to see anything of that list ?? because of the lack of time to develop all the original main areas of the game ? maybe confirming that you no longer are interested in those areas would put an end to all this endless forum rage and complains .

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

After the end of the tournaments, the game will be the same since it was released!
Players really want:
New Dungeons/Fractals
PvP modes/maps
Guild Halls (GvG)
New Legendaries
Precursor Crafting

Its easy to see that Anet wont stop with the livingstory , So this means we are never going to see anything of that list ?? because of the lack of time to develop all the original main areas of the game ? maybe confirming that you no longer are interested in those areas would put an end to all this endless forum rage and complains .

Except that they can’t tell you any of that, because if they did, you’d stop buying gems.

Shhhhhhhhh

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Players really want:
New Dungeons/Fractals
PvP modes/maps
Guild Halls (GvG)
New Legendaries
Precursor Crafting

to be honest this is the wrong question, because the answer is they definately want to work on those things and intend to.

when time permits

What you really want to know is when you will see some major developments on those fronts, and the current stance is, they wont tell you about anything like that whether one way or another

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Now that China has launched we’ve freed up a lot of development resources back to get to those things. We also have a lot of people at ArenaNet and you’ve only seen what some them are working on this last year or two. Since we can’t share a road map of what they’re doing per our company policy, all I can answer is I hope when we’re able to show you what all we’ve been doing in total someday in the future – you’re as excited as we are about it.

Does this mean you are working on something much bigger then just LS2 and feature packs?

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Now that China has launched we’ve freed up a lot of development resources back to get to those things. We also have a lot of people at ArenaNet and you’ve only seen what some them are working on this last year or two. Since we can’t share a road map of what they’re doing per our company policy, all I can answer is I hope when we’re able to show you what all we’ve been doing in total someday in the future – you’re as excited as we are about it.

I’ll keep that one in mind!

Some updates were, let’s face it, pretty bad/useless, while the quality of the game has made a huge step forward with LS2. Therefore, I assume if more people are into the same things, we might see interesting things upcoming.

Also, kudos for the new communication surge, it’s much appreciated.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

…..

Sorry, I call BS….game has many significant changes since 2 years ago.

You might not like them all nor they might not be what you “wanted”, but it HAS changed and LOTS of content has been released.

Blatant exaggeration in these complaint threads are half the problem with “communications” around here. If you are going to post a “rant” try starting it without building your entire post on a flat out lie.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They have to be working on an expansion and it’s taking longer than expected. It’s the only reason I can see on why it’s taking so long for new content to be released.

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

…..

Sorry, I call BS….game has many significant changes since 2 years ago.

You might not like them all nor they might not be what you “wanted”, but it HAS changed and LOTS of content has been released.

Blatant exaggeration in these complaint threads are half the problem with “communications” around here. If you are going to post a “rant” try starting it without building your entire post on a flat out lie.

Nope. The content I wanted wasn’t added. Therefore, NO changes have been made. How dare you suggest otherwise!

Seriously though, completely agree with you.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

They have to be working on an expansion and it’s taking longer than expected. It’s the only reason I can see on why it’s taking so long for new content to be released.

I do recall reading an article that NCSoft have given ANet the “Go Ahead” / Funding for an expansion, but then heard nothing more on it… So it is more than possible that they have a large section of the team working on an expansion and the Living World team are there to provide us with a little bit of content to keep us preoccupied (and in most cases, complaining.) To distract us from what is really going on.

I’m hoping this is the case and ANet are reading the forum complaints and haters and just sitting there thinking “LMAO… If only you knew. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!”

Who knows!?

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

… it’s taking so long for new content to be released.

What new content? Examples are fine, I would like to better understand what hasn’t been added.

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

What are we working on right now? Feature Pack 2 (in ~two more weeks), Season 2 of the Living World (coming back this fall), the WvW Fall Tournament, and the World Tournament Series PvP global tournament are just some of the things we are currently working on that we can tell you about right now.

Players really want:

• New Dungeons/Fractals
  • New Dungeon/Fractal Rewards
  • PvP modes/maps
  • Guild Halls (GvG)
  • New Legendaries
  • New Weapon and Armor skins (No RNG)
  • Precursor Crafting

Please, stop tournaments and living story, We want more permanent content!
We’ve spent years asking and you don’t listen us!

Thanks for reading and responding.

Why are you complaining… WvW has been waiting for this WvW Feature Pack for over a year and we get a Hue Change on Commander tags, a siege mastery line that wasn’t needed, and a freaking grenade. No QoL changes that we have needed forever. In the WvW CDI we talked about different color tags, visibility to guild only, enhanced squad commands, enhanced commander commands, etc.

The chance to get an ascended in WvW is horrible, Badges of Honor are hard to come by if you do not play in Edge of the Mist… Ascended and Exotic backpieces cannot be gotten in WvW. They have 1 guy working on WvW and that is only when he isn’t working on PvE crap. That is the WvW Team, 1 guy.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

phys.7689

What new content? Examples are fine, I would like to better understand what hasn’t been added.

more than 2 new skills per class
new weapons per proffession
more than 2 new maps
new proffesions
new dungeons
more than 5 new traits per class
lots of dynamic event chains
new game modes
more difficult content (because people who keep playing tend to improve at it)

basically an evolved version of all the type of things that were introduced on release of the game, and some new things that werent there

especially since this year started really little has been added, first year had a couple big ones like fractals, guild missions, a number of new jumping puzzles, and some dynamic events.

i understand that you are satisfied, but most players expect, within 2 years to get some order of content on the level of a GW1 campaign/expansion or FFXI WoW expansion.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I think Anet’s Company Policy should change and talk a lot more about what they’re doing. Marvel Heroes for example; I like how they make “in development” post all the time and pretty much lay out most of the major things they’re planning for the next 2 years pretty much. o.O GW2 makes me feel like I have nothing to look forward to or plan ahead for when I’m left in the dark all the time.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Boneheart.3561

more than 2 new maps
new proffesions
new dungeons
new game modes

basically an evolved version of all the type of things that were introduced on release of the game, and some new things that werent there

especially since this year started really little has been added, first year had a couple big ones like fractals, guild missions, a number of new jumping puzzles, and some dynamic events.

i understand that you are satisfied, but most players expect, within 2 years to get some order of content on the level of a GW1 campaign/expansion or FFXI WoW expansion.

And I would call those players unrealistic.

New skills would be nice, if there weren’t already balances made every update and threads clamoring for bug fixes. They can wait.

I agree, underwater could use a new weapon or two, but I can’t think of an appropriate item. But I’ve heard there’s even more balancing/bug issues there, and they removed my favorite SPvP map because of it.

Now you’re just being silly, we’ve had at least half a dozen new maps.

More professions, huh, just pile them on, the bugs and balances will just fix themselves if they reach a critical mass.

We’ve had a few new dungeons, too, c’mon now, this list isn’t standing up.

I am patiently waiting for new Traits, they clearly didn’t want to just toss new ones at us and are playing with the idea of unlocking them. I think we’ll get more, but they’ll likely compound the bugs and balances.

I remember reading that they added some simple Dynamic Events quite a while ago and they went unnoticed. In my experience, most people can’t be asked to stick around for a chain unless it’s a World Boss. So that’s pretty demoralizing.

More modes in SPvP would be nice, I’m waiting on that. Seems like they’re testing the waters with that Team Deathmatch they introduced.

There’s definitely harder content being introduced, quite recently but not only just.. Now? If the difficulty is just ramped up, it’ll fall into exclusive territory and this is an inclusive game. So players will have to acclimate.

And who told you this lie that I’m “satisfied”? You’ve erred greatly in this understanding.

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

To put it simply… you cant break promises you never make.

Unfortunately for you Anet, you can no longer fulfill any either with this policy. Silence gives me nothing to look forward to and really… no base to rebuild trust on.

Boneheart.3561

… you cant break promises you never make.

This is true, I support this statement.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Carrots on a stick
Yes, ANet loves empty words
This is all we get

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Dont forget an official GvG option. I wouldnt mind an instanced OS with spectator mode enabled, at least it would be something.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Boneheart.3561

Carrots on a stick
This is all we get

Is that haiku on purpose?

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Carrots on a stick
This is all we get

Is that haiku on purpose?

Maybe

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

@colin

maby you should than not make a blogpost with things you will give us this year BUT

a blogpost with things you work on

i guess people would be happy to read things like: we work on housing but far from release, we have 3 dungeons in beta status, we had to restart work on precursor crafting and its back to alpha status ………

something like this

That would also break the company policy of what we’re allowed to discuss in regards of what is in development

Though I wonder if we went a little more broad and kept a rolling “top categorical issues” the community team communicated or owned that summarizing high level things the development team is aware of and might or might not be working on, but see’s as core fundamental issues to address, and players just had constant brainstorm threads on those topics – if it’d at least get us halfway there.

You know Colin, this is kinda funny, considering fractals and dungeons have been ruled out from the recent interviews. So either this new project(s) you are working on are completely revolutionary or there is nothing being worked on besides the Living Story, and we all know how successful that has been so far.

Take companies like Blizzard, they announce months ahead for even minor changes or content being added. There is info about content patches also months in advance before they are released. Usually the community there is fully aware of what’s being worked on instead of being completely in the dark.

Any average player who read the interviews last weekend when asked what they think Anet is working on will give the following 2 answers:

- I have no idea
- They are working on nothing

Now you tell me Colin, how does this whole mess look like in the eyes of the player base?

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

If all they have is Living Story, then I’m done for good.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Players really want:

• New Dungeons/Fractals
  • PvP modes/maps
  • Guild Halls (GvG)
  • New Legendaries
  • Precursor Crafting

Actually, I don’t want any of those things. I do want Living Story.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

These are the venomous threads that make sure Anet will never be open about what they ARE doing….good job.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Players really want:

• New Dungeons/Fractals
  • PvP modes/maps
  • Guild Halls (GvG)
  • New Legendaries
  • Precursor Crafting

Guess what? People aren’t asking them to stop doing LS, you literally would lose NOTHING.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Players really want:

• New Dungeons/Fractals
  • PvP modes/maps
  • Guild Halls (GvG)
  • New Legendaries
  • Precursor Crafting

Guess what? People aren’t asking them to stop doing LS, you literally would lose NOTHING.

Developers time is a limited resource. As one basketball coach said when asked why player X doesn’t get more time, “who do you want me to pull out to put that player in?”

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Any average player who read the interviews last weekend when asked what they think Anet is working on will give the following 2 answers:

- I have no idea
- They are working on nothing

Now you tell me Colin, how does this whole mess look like in the eyes of the player base?

Answer three: “Another game.”

At NO point have they said that this “big stuff” they’re working on has anything to do with GW2.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@Colin … one word…. EXPANTION … period. It’s been asked so many times it’s actually funny how desperately ppl want to throw money at u and u don’t seem to want to accept it.

For a guaranteed successful mmo model…LIVING STORY should be considered a BUFFER (nothing more) between major expansions. LS should NOT be considered the only type of content we receive because it’s simply not enough..altho LS2 is 10x better then what we got in LS1.

Game release – LS – Game expansion – LS – Game expansion and so on.

This way u not only give us a ton of content in one go which will keep us playing and discovering, but u also give us small stories/content like LS provides us now to make the time between large expansions not seem so painful.

Anything other then this i am personally 101% positive will never satisfy the community however much u work on it.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Players really want:

• New Dungeons/Fractals
  • PvP modes/maps
  • Guild Halls (GvG)
  • New Legendaries
  • Precursor Crafting

What rock have you been hiding under? Plenty of people on the forums have asked (or demanded) that the Living Story be stopped for something else.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If all they have is Living Story, then I’m done for good.

You keep saying that. Hope you put your money where your mouth is. Your posts aren’t constructive at all. They’re doomsaying negativity that frankly no one needs. You’re not even helping your own cause.

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

What rock have you been hiding under? Plenty of people on the forums have asked (or demanded) that the Living Story be stopped for something else.

Actually most people haven’t. Most people are asking for MORE, as in New Skills, New Races, Many New Zones, New Legendaries, New Dungeons, etc. You know, stuff that is usually in an Expansion(most of the people I have seen asking for this would happily pay for it myself included). I also understand that maybe they don’t have to resources to do both, but I wonder how that is. The last time we heard there was only around 20 people working on the LS at any 1 time. I know there are a lot of non dev workers at Anet, but still Anet has over 300 people working for them, where is the real content? 2 New Zones, 2 New traits for every class, “2” New healing skills, and Fractals. 2 years and this is what we have? Yes there have been new “features” added, and stuff have been replaced(not new), but EVERY game has stuff like this added.

Honestly, I don’t even know why I’m posting anymore because I’ve given up on this game. I’m only here till I find something better(sadly ArcheAge isn’t very good imo). I know I’m not going to change the minds of the people who think Anet can do no wrong. I know my guild and I won’t be here any longer than till a better game comes around, which is sad for me because I love many many things about GW2, but I also can’t play the same stuff for years and years again(I already had to do that in GW1 while waiting for this game).

Edit: Also EoTM was added(6 months to create a single map makes me sad)

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

(edited by sirflamesword.3896)

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Didn’t you get the memo, this is a PvP focused ESport game!

If you disagree then Anet wants you to leave.

They care far more about living story than they ever have about sPvP, let alone WvW.

Blackgate

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Please, stop tournaments and living story, We want more permanent content!
We’ve spent years asking and you don’t listen us!

Thanks for reading and responding.

Please don’t.

I don’t think much of the WvW tournaments because they’re being run on a broken game mode, but the living story releases over the past two months have been very popular with a bunch of old fans I know. Actually brought them back to the game.

Not that a more diverse range of new activities wouldn’t be appreciated – I’d like to see ANet put some effort into things like the guild halls, home instance and even those minigame areas that have been sitting blocked off since launch. But all this is content I’d want to see being developed on the side at whatever pace is realistic, not developed instead of the main story which is really the only engine giving GW2 a sense of movement at this point in time.

Dry Top might not have been everyone’s cup of tea but it was kitten good to see a new map again. Even if it’s a daily reminder that charr footprints are still facing backwards.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Actually most people haven’t. Most people are asking for MORE, as in New Skills, New Races, Many New Zones, New Legendaries, New Dungeons, etc. You know, stuff that is usually in an Expansion(most of the people I have seen asking for this would happily pay for it myself included). I also understand that maybe they don’t have to resources to do both, but I wonder how that is. The last time we heard there was only around 20 people working on the LS at any 1 time. I know there are a lot of non dev workers at Anet, but still Anet has over 300 people working for them, where is the real content? 2 New Zones, 2 New traits for every class, “2” New healing skills, and Fractals. 2 years and this is what we have? Yes there have been new “features” added, and stuff have been replaced(not new), but EVERY game has stuff like this added.

Honestly, I don’t even know why I’m posting anymore because I’ve given up on this game. I’m only here till I find something better(sadly ArcheAge isn’t very good imo). I know I’m not going to change the minds of the people who think Anet can do no wrong. I know my guild and I won’t be here any longer than till a better game comes around, which is sad for me because I love many many things about GW2, but I also can’t play the same stuff for years and years again(I already had to do that in GW1 while waiting for this game).

Edit: Also EoTM was added(6 months to create a single map makes me sad)

Plenty, not most. I wouldn’t know what most people want, only what the some people who post on the forums want.

I have to agree that now, after two years, a few more things could have been added. I’m hoping that some of those extra staff are balance people who are working on traits and skills. These could be added during the LS and not have to wait for Feature Packs. I feel like I’m marking time at the moment and I don’t play for as long as I used to, but I’m still having fun here and won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

The company policy about communication will not change, but what about the implementation policy: we have a plenty of lists of feature and content wishes; how about taking them as your roadmap?

(And sure ANet thinks how to get money from this game: I have purchased gems and feel good in doing so – not because of the purchased virtual products, but because my money hopefully keeps ANet developing this game or GW3. Buy gems!)

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Add: If the wishlists are taken as roadmaps, then we need not hear what they are working on because we know it already…

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

This here all of it i think its pointless Colin not gonna care to listen and im struggling to understand why they wanna sink their game when they already got content as expansion done in background and still not for sale maybe china dunno but this here is not in favor of the player base people are LEAVING gw 2 Colin wake up !!!

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This here all of it i think its pointless Colin not gonna care to listen and im struggling to understand why they wanna sink their game when they already got content as expansion done in background and still not for sale maybe china dunno but this here is not in favor of the player base people are LEAVING gw 2 Colin wake up !!!

I bet he is laughing hard because everyone impatiently so nervous and want to see what they have hands on. :]

off topic – players are leaving to games with more clunky" combat becouse it has much more mechanics and freedom, think that’s a serious problem in terms of future to a product to compete off where its engine doesn’t handle much besides new instance map and new skins (tablet games can do that to), like i said in a thread its way to much theme park.

Their to do list must be really huge, also gw2 is a fork, to achieve the level of some mmo’s would require huge work reason they must have to explore a better way to deliver something for both sides i.e devs working on game and players playing.
The problem i see in this game is that the company being it ncsoft or anet went on full graphics and forgot all about the mmorpg exploration of endless possibilities(as in game design) to hold players on the game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

phys.7689

more than 2 new maps
new proffesions
new dungeons
new game modes

And I would call those players unrealistic.

New skills would be nice, if there weren’t already balances made every update and threads clamoring for bug fixes. They can wait.

I agree, underwater could use a new weapon or two, but I can’t think of an appropriate item. But I’ve heard there’s even more balancing/bug issues there, and they removed my favorite SPvP map because of it.

Now you’re just being silly, we’ve had at least half a dozen new maps.

More professions, huh, just pile them on, the bugs and balances will just fix themselves if they reach a critical mass.

We’ve had a few new dungeons, too, c’mon now, this list isn’t standing up.

I am patiently waiting for new Traits, they clearly didn’t want to just toss new ones at us and are playing with the idea of unlocking them. I think we’ll get more, but they’ll likely compound the bugs and balances.

I remember reading that they added some simple Dynamic Events quite a while ago and they went unnoticed. In my experience, most people can’t be asked to stick around for a chain unless it’s a World Boss. So that’s pretty demoralizing.

More modes in SPvP would be nice, I’m waiting on that. Seems like they’re testing the waters with that Team Deathmatch they introduced.

There’s definitely harder content being introduced, quite recently but not only just.. Now? If the difficulty is just ramped up, it’ll fall into exclusive territory and this is an inclusive game. So players will have to acclimate.

And who told you this lie that I’m “satisfied”? You’ve erred greatly in this understanding.

why is it unrealistic to get what most other MMOs deliver within the first two years?

Waiting on balance and bug fixes to do anything, means never doing anything, keep in mind in two years some bugs havent been fixed from beta. Another two years before getting new skills/etc would probably be a very bad idea imo.

the new weapons probably wouldnt be underwater, because a great amount of people dont like underwater combat, and it wouldnt change the game much, because underwater is a pretty limited amount of content

we have had only 2 new maps southsun and dry top

we had no new dungeons, and one new path in one dungeon

we did have fractals, which imo is one of the best things they have done, so i will give them that.

as for balance/bugs before new proffesions, then you may as well wait forever, because their is still balance going on in WoW 10 or something years later. Waiting for perfect balance before making new classes is not really a thing that is done. Even look at fighting games, they add new charachters while alos rebalancing old charachters.

they did try to add new dynamic events, but they made them fairly self contained and random. The best dynamic events tell a story, or lead up to some interesting areas/events. And Even then they need some systems for tracking/lore unlocking in conjunction with dynamic events. To be honest dynamic events are one of their best features, and they have not really evolved the system very well at all. The world is actually using less/simpler dynamic events as time goes on.

they had really good expandable, evolvable idea and content on release and most of it has stagnated.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

We don’t want you to “stay within company policies” – we want you to change the policy and communicate the direction you’re going in more.

Yup as I said, I’ll pass that feedback up the chain!

As for your company policy saying such, how about then with NCSoft, your own holding company, and investors issuing investment briefs that tend to bring up alleged expansions and create wild player expectations, this last time an investor just putting out there that NCSoft is indeed preparing an xpac for GW2 for 2015…

I’m holding my breath that’s why we don’t see the “fruits” yet of the entire ANet team (per your own words), that indeed you have about 100+ people dedicated to the first xpac which will actually be announced at some point during this autumn (or fall, as you call it)

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

phys.7689

We don’t want you to “stay within company policies” – we want you to change the policy and communicate the direction you’re going in more.

Yup as I said, I’ll pass that feedback up the chain!

As for your company policy saying such, how about then with NCSoft, your own holding company, and investors issuing investment briefs that tend to bring up alleged expansions and create wild player expectations, this last time an investor just putting out there that NCSoft is indeed preparing an xpac for GW2 for 2015…

I’m holding my breath that’s why we don’t see the “fruits” yet of the entire ANet team (per your own words), that indeed you have about 100+ people dedicated to the first xpac which will actually be announced at some point during this autumn (or fall, as you call it)

honestly, your post shows a huge problem with this policy, it leads to more baseless expectations, and wild predictions. Left without any information, people will assume, and guess, thus creating expectations(the optimist), or on the other side giving the feeling expectations arent ever going to be met (the pessismist) both of which are bad for the reality of whatver is going on.
Both of which also have very little to do with the realities.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

the realities.

This got me thinking: what would a reality TV show about game developers look like?

The table is a fable.