What do you have that you're proud of?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Fixing the forum.

Probably top of the list for me would be my mini Liadri. I found that fight incredibly hard, so beating her and getting the mini was a huge achievement for me.

I’d include my legendary too. It wasn’t actually hard to get, just took a long time and the discipline to put all my gold and other resources towards that instead of other things I wanted, but it’s still something I’m very pleased I’ve done.

I can’t decide if I should include my mini llama or not. I did win it during the Tournament of Legends 2, but then we won our first match because the other side didn’t turn up, and got annihilated in the next round so I’m not sure it’s much of an achievement.

It’s not a thing, but I’d also include completing all the jumping puzzles. I really enjoy them, but I’m not really that good at them, so completing them always feels good.

Oh, and the memory of the time I was fighting the Mordrem Troll during the Breach, we were really struggling and a lot of people kept going down (and not using the WP) and it came down to me using my pet to rally myself, getting 1 other person up and the two of us finishing the boss off. Then someone said “Thank god for rangers!” in chat.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Things that I am proud of on my account:
- Two legendaries (Bolt and Flameseeker prophecies) which I crafted and farmed for myself.
- Almost 20,000 AP in just over 2 years
- My Dungeoneer and blazing light titles
- My luminescent armour
- Over 3,000 gold on my account that I will never be able to bring myself to spend much of

Can I have some please. :p

Posted by: Fogeltje.3091

Fogeltje.3091

I’m quite proud of finally crafing Mawdrey (non-infused version) and without buying any of the stuff except the final 15 Foxfire Clusters (which by now I have earned while farming Malchor’s Leap). I never thought I would get Mawdrey because it required elements from Fractals.

“Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.”

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

nothing in game to be really proud of since everything i have other people can get easily too. Including Liadri

but i have some nice memories from fights in Pve and Pvp

pve when in some fractals all my comrades are dead and im 1v1 with the boss ( im full zerker guardian) still can bring him down. or when at the start of GW2 i lead some teams into the depths of Arah before i learn to one shot him.

or Pvp when i win a 1v2 or just 2 weeks ago I was in downstate (Ranger) and i feared 2 guys who attacked me into kitten at skyhammer (that was quite epic bcs i kind of planed that)

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Well, I’ve made 3 legendaries. Have all professions at 80 Fully geared in exotic or better.
But the thing I am most proud of is my guild and it’s members, we were a bunch of people that originally came from WoW, was sick of the toxicity of that whole fiasco and those that followed to gw2 were ‘rehomed’.
We’ve made new friendships in gw2 and it’s jusy amazing to log in and talk to them all. New and old friends.

Kitten.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

What Im proud of are:
- 10,6k AP
- 15 lvl 80 characters, all are equipped with exotic gear
- My good filled material storage
- My Sunrise
- I have almost all BL armor skins
- My 10k gold in trading wares, even tough Im still under the poverty line of gw2 with this
- My own little weekend quizshow in gw2 (riverside)

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I guess the SAB coins and skins. I still have multiple yellow coits but can’t anything with them. The Liadri mini was not that hard and most of the others items can be gained by brainless grinding so not much too be proud of any of those items (not that I have many of those as I dislike brainless grinds).

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I have:
7x Sunrises
6x Twilights
8x Juggernauts
ready for HoT sellings when the price is right.

….and then I woke up :/

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Kinda surprised how little bragging is going on in here :P

Good to see people have goals they’re proud of

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Consider this a thread where you’re allowed to brag. Over the course of nearly 3 years new, what cool Items have you made? What achievements have you done? What do YOU have to be proud of on your GW2 account?

My list:
2x Incinerators
1x Sunrise
2x The Dreamer
1x Frenzy
1x Kamohoali’i Kotaki

Made over 100 precursors in the Mystic Forge, documenting many of them. (How I afford most my items)

1x Permanent Black Lion Trading Post
1x Permanent Black Lion Merchant Express
1x Wind Catcher Backpiece
1x Shattered Holographic Dragon Wings

Over 2000 Gold on account at this moment in time.

Without going online and checking for anything else, this is what I can think of.

YOUR TURN!!

All of My HoM; Skins, Titles, Minis and Pets. The fact that I had to earn them and couldn’t use a credit card/lucky drop to get them.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have:
7x Sunrises
6x Twilights
8x Juggernauts
ready for HoT sellings when the price is right.

….and then I woke up :/

Probably for a best. Would have turned into a nightmare when the market for old Legendaries implodes.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

people with more than 2k gold

My god, how? Literally how do you gain so much gold?

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

After playing since release, finally decided to do world completion and grind for materials for a legendary. Crafted The Flameseeker Prophecies about 4 days ago. My least favourite legendary available, but it was the easiest and cheapest to craft. Won’t be using it myself, as I don’t think it feels very legendary to me. If it had footstep effects like most of the other legendaries, I’d probably use it. Decided to sell it and put the money towards a better looking legendary.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

As a security conscious person, I would like to point out that for hackers, this is a very convenient thread to target people.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Honestly, I think I’m the most proud of my luminescent armor set. I feel like I personally worked the hardest for that goal moreso than anything else (even my three legendaries, Mawdrey, and Light of Dwayna). And so, I feel the most proud of that accomplishment.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

The Chosen, The Lover and my one legendary the Minstrel. I worked for all of them, hard too. My ascended armor set for my ranger, my Light of Dwayna backpack, and my almost complete Luminescent armor set, though i wont use it. Ive worked for all of those..but the thing im proud of above all is my title “The Blazing Light” I spent days challenging Liadra till i beat her, because i didnt want to cheese it.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The fact that even after 7k hours, i dont get bored with playing warrior.

Attachments:

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Probably top of the list for me would be my mini Liadri. I found that fight incredibly hard, so beating her and getting the mini was a huge achievement for me.

I’d include my legendary too. It wasn’t actually hard to get, just took a long time and the discipline to put all my gold and other resources towards that instead of other things I wanted, but it’s still something I’m very pleased I’ve done.

I can’t decide if I should include my mini llama or not. I did win it during the Tournament of Legends 2, but then we won our first match because the other side didn’t turn up, and got annihilated in the next round so I’m not sure it’s much of an achievement.

It’s not a thing, but I’d also include completing all the jumping puzzles. I really enjoy them, but I’m not really that good at them, so completing them always feels good.

Oh, and the memory of the time I was fighting the Mordrem Troll during the Breach, we were really struggling and a lot of people kept going down (and not using the WP) and it came down to me using my pet to rally myself, getting 1 other person up and the two of us finishing the boss off. Then someone said “Thank god for rangers!” in chat.

Regarding the jumping puzzles, I’ve also completed them all. While there was no special reward aside from AP and a ton of Empyreal/Bloodstone/Dragonite, it felt incredibly satisfying to see them all checked off. Looking back at each one and all of the failures and successes is one of the many reasons why I love gaming.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Not really proud, but the satisfying feeling when you finish goals.

• Completing all dungeons, JP’s and explorer achievements, world completion, and numerous other like tasks the first time.
  • Beating Liadri the second time she came around.
  • Making Immobulus
  • Making Kamohoali’i Kotaki for my birthday last year (third legendary, but this is definitely my favorite).
  • Winning particularly grueling WvW roaming fights and sPvP matches (even though I rarely do sPvP). Even losing a great fight is fun.
  • Getting GW1 last year, and getting 50/50 and GWAMM, along with helping a guildmate get her last few points and titles as well. Likewise, beating Sorrow’s Furnace, FoW, Slavers, Deep, Urgoz, and UW the first time (still working on DoA).

Most important, however, is the satisfaction of helping my friends and guildmates achieve their goals.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

(edited by Sarisa.4731)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As a security conscious person, I would like to point out that for hackers, this is a very convenient thread to target people.

If they don’t know the email, password or can bypass the IP identification/IPhone two factor authorization then they can read and drool as much as they want. Won’t get them nowhere nohow.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

No idea, I’m a wvw roamer (upgrader and sieger), the lowest of the low.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

When you got all what you want (for me it was 2 legendaries, ascended/exotic gear on all characters and permanent bank access contract) gold will start pilling up very quickly. I started playing TP to keep it low. Don’t like too much gold in my wallet.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I have 4 lvl80 thief toons,1 lvl80 warrior,2 lvl 80guardians, 1lvl 80 mesmer, 1lvl80 ele, 1lvl80 engie, 1lvl80 ranger, and 0 necros :-)

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I had this month ago and spent it all gambling is bad addiction.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

What do you have that you’re proud of?

You really made a thread just to show off? WOW

Ok so then …

I made:

4x Eternity
6x Bolt
3x Incinerator
5x Moot
8 x Flame Seeker Prophices

Also I have 10 accounts and on every account I have 20.000 gems (paid with gold ofc)
Also 5 Bank tabs full of ecto stacks on 3 accounts.
All characters have 160 bag slots on main account.
I have all Halloween skins 3x

And I have all Black Lion items (hairstylist etc. on 4 of my 10 accounts).

LULWUT MATE?!?!?!?!

poor as kitten compared to me

nice try though

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Liadri
Twilight
200 Ranger wins
When i dodge with ranger 1h sword =x

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I farmed dungeons for hours every day for a long time and that gets me a LOT of gold with not too much effort. Also I probably have more gold than most because I never spend anything that costs me more than I can make back that same day. I can’t stand seeing my gold hoard decreasing in size, hahaha.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

My [MEDx] tag. /15

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

It’s just a game, can’t say I’m proud of anything I’ve done in the game.

Although could say I’m satisfied that I’ve done 10 world completions.

But still trying to work out what to do with the rewards.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I’ve got two pretty awesome kids that I’m proud of. And I’ve also built up enough of a “body of work” over the last year that I’m going to be offering prints of my paintings for sale for the first time this weekend. And this summer I’m going to be celebrating the 20th anniversary of my marriage to an amazing woman who is my best friend. I’m also down about 30 pounds.

Oh, wait, GW2…. hm, I’ve got a pretty cool looking Asura engineer.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Green and Yellow Backpack. Though I’m extremely bummed that I lost my blue backpack forever when I put the green one over it.

Both Mad Memories.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

-Luminescent armor and title
-The Quip
-World Completion and title
-Mini Liadri (and the Blazing Light title)
-Mini Infinirarium
-Super Staff and King’s Toad pistol
-And probably a couple BLC weapons, the most I love using is the Aether Shield (Pistol would have also if I didn’t have and love the Quip. :P)

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

My humility.

/15chars

I see what you did there :P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I’m proud of having resisted entering PvP even once since prerelease. We have a special guild member that will drag me there every time if he sees me there even once, so I have no other choice than to resist. Otherwise my evenings will be filled with denials and bad conscience that I do not fill 4-man guild parties.
Deliberately playing bad to get no invitation in the future would not be an option.

I’m a bit proud of that I am sometimes last man standing in some dungeon or fractal run with PUGs with my squishy zerk ele. I consider myself not a good player – but how bad are the others? I’d rather not think about it.

And I’m proud of the fact that I never ever kicked a party member from an instance we played.

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

Proudest achievement: My first character, an Asura Ranger, was leveled 1-80 without using any level boosting items (Instant20, Level+1, Level+0.05) (I don’t remember the item names).

This remains my greatest achievement, when I was enjoying the leveling process, back then near launch. Since then, my second 80, a Mesmer, used the Instant20, about 40 +1s and as many +0.05s as I could get. My upcoming-80, a Guardian (currently 41), is the same. It’s mainly because I really hate how the traits are so troublesome to get while leveling, post April 2014.

I’m really looking forward to the trait changes come HoT.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Made over 100 precursors in the Mystic Forge

I really don’t know whether to believe this or not. lol But I lean toward skepticism.

if you have enough money, it’s perfectly doable.

The chance of getting a precursor for 500g ‘invested’ in the mystic froge lays around 90%.

it’s a high stakes game, though, so you don’t want to play if unless you are really rich, meaning you have more than enough money to offset a bad streak. If you can make 5 precursors, it means you already have enough money to make 10, 20, 50 or 100. The tedious, though, must be amazing.

Aenesthesia.1697

How do you play 7 hours a day average?

Does your day come with 30 hours?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The fact you play 7h on average in one game every day sounds rather unhealthy…

I am rather proud I had Sunrise already in 2012 when almost no one other had a legendary (I once saw a Twilight and another Sunrise).

I don’t feel literally ‘proud’ of anything here. I was rather proud to get all 8 stars in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island or 120 stars in Super Mario Sunshine, but not here.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

Despite having several legendary weapons and a decent amount of achivmentpoints. The only thing I feel any pride in doing is the completion of the Liadri 8 orb achivment ^^. Enjoyed that immensely

Attachments:

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Im the proudest of my 1st ele which is an true norn sun goddess that looks just like an angel - with the golden wings and the halo.. When I log in with her Im never rusty with the playstyle, I can log in and pown anyone in PvP (un/ranked). I tried to kill liadri with all my alts but when I went on her I killed liadri on the first try.

Second ’Im very proud of how all my 10 alts look as well as their names. From my lil cutie 3rd ele asura to my second char: my mystifyingly beautiful commander human guardian. Then theres always my 2nd mighty dungeon ele, 2nd stern asuran bunker guardian, baddass charr warrior, my keen eyed ranger, sexy and exotic mesmer with her full T3 human female armor, throat slicing thief.
And third that Im pretty good with all areas of the game, really close to rank 80 in PvP, quite high rank in WvW and done all the content that PvE provided (Ive completed all my jps, dungeons, almost done with fractals)

(edited by Centurion.7296)

Aenesthesia.1697

I don’t have nothing to be proud of, save for the fact i still play for fun.

Items you get in this game are more a certificate that you wasted enough time, than something to be proud of (the liadri mini is the exception, but i just hated how that encounter was designed (semi transparent floor that makes it difficult to see the areas, fighting close to walls that make your camera go crazy). I should have farmed more tickets to give it a try, though.

PVE wise, the wicked rodeo achievement was really hard to get and something to be proud of. Dodgy crowd was also a headache, but more because you had to restart the whole story if you failed than because of the difficulty.

I do a decent fractal guardian.

Once, i got 46 trebuchet hits in one pvp match. And never got help from my team defending the treb. I succesfully fended off the poor thief that was trying to bring me down and his useless guardian friend, again and again. But they were bad. I do have good aim with the treb, though XD.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Most proud of item/title wise:

Dungoneer/liandri/luminescent and the 60+ other titles (still aiming to catch up to Mal)
8x level 80’s all geared and with nice looks.
2000+ skins.
Only being at 17k AP because I missed/just didn’t do about 2 years worth of dailies through laziness.
I guess my bi-frost too making it myself (have the mats saved for 2 more, waiting to see if the HoT legendaries are worth it.)

Moment wise:
Being one of the commanders for our servers first Marionette clear.
Same for our first max tier citizen rescue during the battle for lions arch.

and due to a d/c and glitch during the Scarlet fight during the battle of the breach maker. Fighting Scarlet solo while the whole map shouted encouragement (failed horrifically only got her down to stage 2/3 then it became impossible to solo).

It’s potentially possible to do that even with a full time job, 24 hours allow 3 for travel/food/toilet etc. , leaves 7 hours for work , 7 hours for sleep , 7 hours for gaming. If you’re single or have a gamer S/o it can count as your social aspect too. You also have weekends which can be up to 16 hours.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Aenesthesia.1697

Most proud of item/title wise:

Dungoneer/liandri/luminescent and the 60+ other titles (still aiming to catch up to Mal)
8x level 80’s all geared and with nice looks.
2000+ skins.
Only being at 17k AP because I missed/just didn’t do about 2 years worth of dailies through laziness.
I guess my bi-frost too making it myself (have the mats saved for 2 more, waiting to see if the HoT legendaries are worth it.)

Moment wise:
Being one of the commanders for our servers first Marionette clear.
Same for our first max tier citizen rescue during the battle for lions arch.

and due to a d/c and glitch during the Scarlet fight during the battle of the breach maker. Fighting Scarlet solo while the whole map shouted encouragement (failed horrifically only got her down to stage 2/3 then it became impossible to solo).

It’s potentially possible to do that even with a full time job, 24 hours allow 3 for travel/food/toilet etc. , leaves 7 hours for work , 7 hours for sleep , 7 hours for gaming. If you’re single or have a gamer S/o it can count as your social aspect too. You also have weekends which can be up to 16 hours.

leaving aside that it’s potentially possible, there’s so much you could do with 7 hours every day…. So much! There’s a whole world out there, much more complex and compelling than tyria, and passing on it, unless you have a very good reason, is almost a crime.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

leaving aside that it’s potentially possible, there’s so much you could do with 7 hours every day…. So much! There’s a whole world out there, much more complex and compelling than tyria, and passing on it, unless you have a very good reason, is almost a crime.

True I don’t recommend spending all your time gaming when you have the possibility to experience the plethora of things and places in the real world. We don’t know the persons situation though, they could be an OAP who’s already had a fufilling life, they could be severely disabled and it’s an activity that gives them joy, or in a financially tight situation where gaming is the only reasonable hobby/activity they can afford.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

A small callus spot under my right wrist and a table mark next to my mouse/trackball.

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

I have left the game

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

This one time I made a legendary by actually playing the game instead of sitting in front of the TP all day long. It was pretty cool.

Then I ran out of cheetos and hotpockets and had to have my mom drive me to the store. But when I got back, man was it shiny!

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Posted by: IncognituZ.9416

IncognituZ.9416

This is what I’m proud of in gw2: my character.

As a side note things I’m not proud of:
building
-volcanus before twilight (now eternity)
-azurflame before kudzu
-foefire’s power before juggernaut

Attachments:

Kodash

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

How do you play 7 hours a day average?

Does your day come with 30 hours?

Spent lots of time at home during rehab after double heart surgery and lots of those hours were afk in front of the tp npc.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Amazing guild mates and lots of good people on my server.