What do you think about Legendary Weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

To be completely honest, I’m totally disappointed in 95% of the skins.
I expected cool skins and I got child toys… Armors are pretty weird too.

But tastes are tastes.

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

I think the requirements for the legendary are well-thought-out.

It’s not a substitute for the gear-grind, it’s pure prestige for game veterans.

If the gear-grind is what keeps you playing a game, you will not keep playing this game. By design.

Regarding the looks … I think they can’t not release additional skins as time goes on. No individual legendary skin should ever become a common sight, and, imposing as the requirements to craft one look now, a significant minority of long-term players will reach them eventually.

I like the pony-bow, but it will be a lot less WTFabulous if, after a couple of years, every third shortbow user has one.

(edited by dybryd.1358)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

They would lose value/bragging rights if everyone could obtain them also you make it sound like someone has a gun to your head forcing you to get a legendary weapon. Casually playing over the months someone can find they are acquiring a decent amount of gold/karma/badges/etc and start investing in a legendary.

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I had an easier time in GW1 getting destroyer, oppressor and tormented weapons..
Multiples of each one mind you.

God,,,,I hate to see the requirements for Legendary Armor in this game when it comes out.

Posted by: Scorpio.3821

Scorpio.3821

I want gear that makes me powerful, not pretty… They could have at least given them a unique sigil and a little higher stats then what they have. I’m in no rush to get one…

Legate of the Legion.

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

I think they’re worthy goals for people that like them, if you don’t like the skin, you don’t have to chase it. I know some people think unicorn rainbow bows are too “troll” while others love it, it’s all subjective.

I myself can’t stomach trying to get that much karma (lol cursed shore) so I won’t go for one. Some people however, are ok with this stuff and what you think is overrated they think of as prestige.

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

For people saying that wouldnt be cool if it were easier:

It could have HALF requirements and still take you a ridiculous amount of time just to have that skin.

That thing of taking the word “legendary” literal kind of sucks. Nobody but no-lifers will go for one, that’s for sure in 95% cases. From what i read, it took for those that have them already over 200 hours JUST to make them. That’s above a week without sleeping.

Taking the dagger Incinerator for example, to make the vial of CoF, you need over 200 molten stones to make the lodestones. I’ve done the place around, i don’t know, 20 times (i know, not too much) and i’ve had 8. EIGHT. OF TWO HUNDRED. OR yeah, i could farm around 160g to buy what i need in the auction house. From farming in orr and stuff it could take about 80 hours or knowing the market pretty well, which is not a virtue of much people. It’s not desirable at all.

Also, i’m a thief. I use 2 daggers.

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

I hate grind, so no.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I’ve never liked any flashy/fiery/silly/overzised looking gear. So I won’t be actively hunting legendaries or any other flashy stuff.

Angelus.1042

I also dont like the fact their just skins.

I dont see why they cant just add a 5% to 10% stat boost.

That would make it more of a reason then in my mind and not just making this seem like a dress up game…

There will be so few of these weapons that it wont make it unbalanced if they have better then exotic stats..

I cant wrap my mind around the fact of massive grinding just to have a pretty skin that will loose its “thats a cool looking weapon” factor after a few weeks.

(edited by Angelus.1042)

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Does anyone know what the Quip or Predator does that’s so special?

As an Asuran Engineer, it would seem like a waste to get a dinky little legendary gun. Unless it shoots out nukes.

Something should be done for Engineers, maybe Legendary Kit Skins or, SOMETHING.

Posted by: MouthForWar.4210

MouthForWar.4210

Some (ESPECIALLY the bow) is just hilariously un-legendary.

I’m a warrior. Why would I run around with a bow with unicorns and tassles all over it. come on.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I don’t like that these are a money/mat grind with no, say, instanced missions or unique fights or anything for components. I mean, kudos to those who already have the money to put these together and to those that will -- I will likely try going for a couple at some point --, but it doesn’t feel all that legendary to me to get them in this fashion.

I appreciate the work that’s gone into their designs, for sure, from the media I have seen.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I want gear that makes me powerful, not pretty… They could have at least given them a unique sigil and a little higher stats then what they have. I’m in no rush to get one…

This is the wrong game for you then.

Angelus.1042

Guild wars 2 is turning into another F2P dress up MMO. That saddens me.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Guild wars 2 is turning into another F2P dress up MMO. That saddens me.

Soooooo …like GW1? Do you know what this game is?

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

My opinion is they look amazing and are well worth the time and effort required to put in.

Clearly it has to be a huge timesink, it’s a legendary. Not everyone is supposed to get them. If they were easier to obtain then everyone would have them, or a large amount of people would and it would diminish their cool factor. The fact that it is exclusive and rare to see adds to its awesome.

And when I look back on the traditional legendaries I have been familiar with, such as the Everquest original Epic quests, or the original WoW legendaries pre wotlk, it seems like such a small amount of work/time in comparison.

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

They do look amazing!..in saying that though i could go with more particle effects…and casting rainbows but hey, i look pretty awesome now…and i do leave rainbows in my wake…

!http://trf-guild.com/forums/gallery/1_10_10_12_7_27_17.jpg!

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

Community wants plethora of endgame content, spurns grinding for legendary gear, traditionally associated with the MMO “endgame”. Good job folks.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Zasus.1546

Zasus.1546

Obtaining one of the precursor items is too much, the rest seems tedious.

I thought obtaining a legendary would revolve around the players skill through achievements, not by grinding or exploiting the market/system.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’m fine with working for cool skins, but these seem like too much for not cool enough skins.

We’re talking about working for a really long time to get JUST these. It’ll consume every resource you own. All your skill points, all your karma, all your coin you worked for and you’ll just have that one skin and nothing else to show for anything else you’ve done in that time. You’ll be back to where you were 2 months ago or something…plus one weapon skin.

At least with raiding for months for something like in WoW or whatever, you don’t lose everything else you did while raiding for months.

The skins are neat. They’re not THAT neat. I could see this being the kind of thing for a lot of people where once they get it…they don’t want to play anymore.

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

not on my too do list – this game was supposedly not about grind yet thats all this amounts to

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Don’t want one? Don’t get one. Makes no difference to you or me.

Personally, I’m going for Bolt. Nearly there.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: bcbully.7289

bcbully.7289

There are no words to describe how dumb that list is.

Posted by: Mastoras.9680

Mastoras.9680

GW2 has the B I G G E S T grind ever…for one single item….which offers the L E A S T amount of reward in return.

Interesting….