What do you want to see in GW2 before 2014?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

All I want are emotes that we can use underwater. The game is seriously lacking in underwater parties.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

An expansion that gives a LOT of armor & weapon skins including more race specific ones. I would really want GvG and Open World dueling though, PvP in this game is crap.

EDIT: Oh and make the finishing moves display your rank by DEFAULT, I don’t get why they’re consumables.

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

what I do NOT want to see in GW2 before 2014 is my engineer’s hobosack. Seriously.

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I’m seeing lots of other cool suggestions/ideas here aswell, like more underwater content. I would definetely love to see that, just don’t fill it with Krait :P Hate those little snake things.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

- improved Home Instance
- Mursaat
- the next Dragon or at least the knowledge which one will be the next
- GW1 Fissure of Woe Armors (we have the Shards, we have the Globs!)
- Area specific rare Skins, like in GW1 ( Serpent Axe, Magma’s Shield, …)
- more Emotes

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

More Personal Story Missions that Feature the People from the Early Stages of the Personal Story Missions

Your asuran’s krewe, your charr’s warband, your human’s friends/relatives… uh… I got nothing for norn or sylvari… but I’m playing a charr and just hit the Order part and I don’t want to leave my warband. We’re just starting to come together as a team, and I’m going to ditch them to join some wacky Order? Boo.

Cantha

One year after the launch of Guild Wars, we got Guild Wars: Factions, featuring Cantha. If the GW2 team is so much bigger than the GW team, as has been touted on the GW2 site, what the hell are they doing back there?

More Medium Armor that isn’t a kitten Trenchcoat

This ^.

More Stuff

More zones, more races (and more faces, body types, and hair styles for the existing races), more weapons, more skills, more permanent content.

Less Stuff

Less mini-games packaged with recycled F-centric click fests and lore-bending living story (see also: smoke and mirrors) temporary content, less of the boring grind (specifically, repeatedly repeating unfun activities repeatedly) to get to the fun stuff, less RNG-gated gear (thanks so much for denying me a jade weapon skin, I truly appreciate it).

Cantha

Give it up.

And Elona

See above, re: Cantha.

And Some as Yet Unexplored Region with Mighty Dinosaurs and Giant Cave Asura Whose Nightmares Bring Forth Monsters

You can do it!

All before 2014

So stop watching Cop Rock reruns and get busy already.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: TietFabriek.1953

TietFabriek.1953

So to sum up what all of you are actually saying is: We want more! We want more!

Give Anet more money, support and most of all TIME and I’m sure we will get all of the above mentioned and MORE

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I just want to see the camera fixed.

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Rebalanced dungeons. And I’m not talking about the kitten approach they had so far. Tear it all down and start from scratch. All the original dungeon paths except CoF1 of course are utterly terrible and worthless.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

1) change in philosophy.
Gives us stuff to play because are fun…not stuff to grind because we must!
Anet perfectly knows what fun is….bashing 1000 pinatas is not fun.

2) stop telling people what to do with dailies, living story etc.
make people choos ethemslelves so you can easily understand what fun is.
(if nobody does something means its not fun)

3) PvE balance.
Its so broken that needs huge work.
PROFESSIONS needs balance, not dungeons and stuff.
Professions are bypassing mechanics….making them harder just makes them still easy for OP professions and even more frustrating for everyone else.

4) content:
A tier is not content.
A new dungeon, a new armor SKIN, a new map, a new part of a story to play IS content.

5) WWW balance and zerg solution.
it got so unfun i stopped to play www since months…that due to PvP nerfs, and again OP www professions paired with zergs and lag.
Remember how WWW was born….PvP for casuals….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I just want to see the camera fixed.

This ^^

Maybe above anything else…

Also, add an option for “pure” 3rd person camera

TietFabriek.1953

Rebalanced dungeons. And I’m not talking about the kitten approach they had so far. Tear it all down and start from scratch. All the original dungeon paths except CoF1 of course are utterly terrible and worthless.

Lol!! CoF1 is the most broken of them all!!

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I want more control over my UI. I would like to
Toggle tooltips off.
Hide Living and personal story.
move and resize UI elements more freely.

More graphics control. A particle slider where I can adjust the intensity of combat and spell effects. More fine tuning of particle effects across the board, distance, particle size, effects per char, etc etc.

A toggle to hide weapons and personal particle effects. I don’t want to deprive people of them, but I personally have no need to see particle spam on mining tools, footprints, swords, rainbow ponys, armor on fire or a lot of useless effects that add nothing to my game.

An option to toggle backpacks. Again, without depriving anyone else, I don’t need animated plushies, books on fire, glowing anythings or wings..character wings of any sort on my screen.

Options for targeting arrow/color/ring. Options for hostile effects rings. Options for allied rings.

Options to save UI/Graphics/preferences to templates. Option to set preference by character instead of acct.

It remains a mystery why a game this new has less graphical options than EQ2, that launched 8 years ago.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

- Separate PvP, WvW, PvE balancing
- Separate underwater traits
- Save/Load build templates (with gear equip)
- Bank collection storage tabs for BLC items like tonics, boosters, repair kits, gathering tools, etc
- Wider array of skills for all professions (confirmed in the works)
- New armor and weapons accessible in-game, seaparate from temporary skins available from RNG boxes, and collecting scraps. Actual boss drops and dungeon chests. Ya know, like you originally launched.
- Improved downed states (engi especially)
- Improved pet AI (ranger, necro, mesmer)
- More dungeons of all levels. Not just fractals.
- Continue personal story
- Zhaitan is defeated. Let’s rebuild/terraform Orr. Let’s see some permanent changes to zones that have gotten stale. A livelier Southsun with more DEs and even some hearts.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Lol!! CoF1 is the most broken of them all!!

So broken, in fact, that it turned good (or at least not-awful) again.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Story mode dungeons that are actually a story to play through (as in: the difficulty of a good personal story mission). The entire dungeon story is now completely ignored by most. People who do dungeons only do it because it unlocks the explorable dungeon…

In-game mails that won’t get auto-deleted because you get too many (because you’re doing hearts, finish maps, level (and get dungeon mails) and do Living Story bits).

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Hmm i would like to see.

PVE
- No more PVE culling.
- Less partical effects.
- World bosses with mechanics
- Fishing with progression
- lvl 80 specific dungeons
- ingame LFG tool
- DX10/11 support

WvWvW
- No more skill lag in WvW
- New maps or map skins for WvW
- New mechanic in WvW
- Commander progression ( different color based on ppl join your squad )
- New siege equipment

Spvp
- New game type for Spvp
- Reward system for non hardcore PvPérs

Overall
Less mini games
More lvl 80+ content
Housing + progression housing

I think thats it.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Some of the additions I would like to see added are the following. (Please note that some of these are already listed, and are just continued support.)

1. Guild Halls
    When it comes to Guild Halls, I would like to see them as an Elite addition to a guild, not merely given to every guild. I think upgrades within the Guild Hall should be unlocked using 3 currencies.
  • Guild Influence
  • Guild Merits
  • Gold

This would be a end guild goal, getting players to all help pitch. I would like to see the following unlockable upgrades within a guild hall.

• Individual Bank
  • Guild Bank
  • Trading Post
  • Merchant
  • Armor Repair
  • Crafting Stations
  • Mystic Forge as the most expensive add
  • The NPC that allows you to change emblem should come included with GH purchase

2. Guild Cape (Which would be another unlockable.)
3. Town Clothing/Costume Maker (which would allow you to re-buy the skin. The skins do not cost anything since you either bought via gems, or was rewarded during an event, etc.
4. Elite Areas

• Fissure of Woe (GW1 Core Elite Area in Tyria)
  • Underworld (GW1 Core Elite Area in Tyria)
    p. (Please note that these areas were both realms of Gods, so the area would have to brought up to speed 250 years.)

5. Additional areas in the map of Tyria.

• Crystal Desert
  • Magumma Jungle
  • North Areas

6. More Dragons

• Kralkatorrik
  • DSD
  • Jormag
  • Primordus
  • Jungle Dragon

7. Improved WvW experience

• Updated “Outmanned” buff which doesn’t reward you with gold/experience/loot but buffs you accordingly
  • Improved Commander abilities such as the color of the tag, private squads
  • Title changes
  • Improved rewards in the chest. Currently greens/masterwork drops are majority of the rewards, where I would rather see higher ranks getting higher chance for higher gear. It’s unsettling knowing someone who’s never played wvw before can get ascended from a rank 2 chest, and someone in the 200s getting a green (at max)

Just a few I could think of

TietFabriek.1953

1. Guild Halls
    When it comes to Guild Halls, I would like to see them as an Elite addition to a guild, not merely given to every guild. I think upgrades within the Guild Hall should be unlocked using 3 currencies.
  • Guild Influence
  • Guild Merits
  • Gold

I had a braingasm when I read this. So many ideas popping up at once.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

1. Group Finder – it’s what’s keeping me from dungeons
2. Guild Halls – it’s what’s keeping some of my friends from playing
3. Player Viewer – to get a decent look at another player
4. Friend Achievement Viewer – to compare achievements

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I’d like to see Wintersday before 2014. Because if 2014 comes before Wintersday, we really do need to go look at what chaos the Thaumanova explosion spawned, with all due haste!

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

How about having the radiant armor skins sized correctly to appear as light armor on light armor classes? Something that’s easy to start with. How about the devs and whoever is in charge going over to the bugs forum and taking care of some long standing issues?

These would be great to start. Why not fix, adjust, tweak the issues that have been known for some time now before adding more content? We all know that if/when there are issues with the gem store that it is taken care of ASAP….. Show the same dedication to the rest of the game especially PVE that is lavished on the gem store.

Posted by: Burner.1643

Burner.1643

Personal opinion:

1. Pve culling
2, DR and overall drop nerfs
3. Revamped fun dungeons. [Backasswards on everything]
4. Ingame Dungeon finder [LFG]
5. Better open world boss mechanics/DE chains with consequences
6. New ORR zone that is fun and rewarding [only plinxx/madusa run currently]
7. Home instance, teleport to other towns, more activity’s in major towns
8. More open world mini dungeons, and more asure zone’s,later charr zone’s could use some more fun DE’s/Hearths.
9. wuv v wuv, incentive to defend and protect,revamped/reversed outmanned&orbs.
10. Reason to go back to older zone’s [chains,hunts,specials,rewards,etc]
11. mini games that are made for friends
12. better crafting and longer lasting buffs

Improvements so far:
wvwvw culling, season events,perma content [living world], solo pvp,deposit collectible,craft from bank,laurel&archievement system,champ drops, account wallet,slider for particle effect.

(edited by Burner.1643)