What do you want to see in upcoming updates?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

Here’s a list of things i want to see in the upcoming core game improvement updates:
-the mini-games that were originally supposed to be released at launch
-guesting
-guild halls or at least some new guild related things
-player housing
-new dynamic events
- new reasons for players to visit the racial cities
-the PVP custom arenas that were mentioned in october

As for my expections, i expect guesting and if not the mini games then guild halls or player housing to be released. I also expect the custom arenas to be released in one of the upcoming updates.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

first person view.

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

Open world PK, that would bring me back to this game for sure

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Old Dungeon Remake.
Dragons buffed
Better WvW reward system

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Anything to get people out in the World again instead of just doing FOTM.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

More dynamic events

More fluff/random quests

More areas to explore

Player housing

Guild housing

10 man dungeon / mini raids

New races

New Class

New weapon skins for all weapon types

New clothing (both combat & City)

Fishing profession

Guild alliance / Guild vs Guild

Scavenger hunts

Epic/Rare pets (random and limited spawns)

More emotes

Well that just about covers January…lol I’ll post more later

;)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Maybe more titles you can display.

DE’s that deal with each respective order for a daily type of quest for any level and not end game orr.

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

more dress for female charr

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Honestly most of those things you are mentioning should be low priority.

First fix/balance classes. Right now necros and engineers have so many bugs its pathetic.

Revamp fractals/dungeons. Right now I find most players just doing fractals. There are some dungeons that I rarely see done

Revamp Dynamic Event rewards for level 80s. Give players more incentive to get out there into the world instead of just sitting in LA waiting for a WvW que or spamming for fractal groups.

Work on Lost Shores island. Hardly anyone goes there any more, i’d love to see more incentive for players to go back there and have fun.

Increase things to do in sPvP. Most hardcore pvpers that i knew have quit or just stopped playing sPvP and went to other parts of the game because they got bored or balance complaints. (a large guild v guild type of arena in sPvP would be nice)

I think after those things are done then we should worry about Mini games, Guild halls, and player housing.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Unbind Shift completely from pinging skills/locations/items. Disable Right Click for targetting. At least 1 new weapon for every profession. Many new armors! i’m tired of wearing same **** and no, i don’t have only 1 or two sets…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

-Guild Halls
-Player Housing
-Bug/Dungeon exploit squashing
-Class Balance
-More armor/wep skins available with karma
-More armor/wep skins available from TP (like the current armor skins)
-In game CrossServer LFG

I know they are fixing the way fractals work anyway, so I won’t add that to my list.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

The option to report players for stealth abuse (because when a thief stealth stomps infront of a tower door and even the npc guards do not detect him something is fundamendaly wrong).
Balance and bug fixing across the board for all classes.
The option to do a solo version of each dungeon (even with less drops or no drops at all) because not everyone likes parties and using an outside game site to find a party just to get some tokens to work towards an armor set.
Removal of the constant drop reduction for people who are solo,i dont like beeing forced into a party just to get some decent drops and i dont like beeing punished as a bot WHEN I AM NOT ARGH!
More ACTIVE administrators overseeing each map for bots,because when a bot runs over to farm a node and drags 30 svanir to another player it isnt kitten funny when you struggle for coppers to repair because of DR.

This is my little bloody wish list as an antisocial gamer that had a bit too much with a system that makes me feel miserable and makes me wish i never bought the game.
And i know half of this wont happen or wont happen overnight but at least i feel better letting it out of my chest.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Posted by: Wobbles.6408

Wobbles.6408

Call me lazy but I can’t Lie.

Dungeon Finder, maybe not for fractals at first but at least for the other dungeons, from which I hear ain’t to easy to make now since fractals.

I ain’t max level yet to know this but I see it in LA and on Forums and other sites about how hard it is for other dungeons since Fractals got released

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Longbow for guardian, long rang power option for necro.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Better Loot scaling And old dungeons reworked
G v G
W v W improvements
Quality of life improvements , UI , TP , LFG , preview

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

1. Downed State / Revival mechanics revision for PvP.

2. WvW progression system

3. Improved encounter design for all Dungeons.

4. Bigger WvW maps, possibly even all combined into one.

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

-Guild halls
-Player housing
-HoM type thing
-More collectacbe stuff or collections
-Books we can fill with questlike things, completed books can be stored in your bookcase
-first person view!!!
-New weapons/skins
-More skills
-mastered crafts stay open when going to a new craft, ditch the 40s! i’m already a master :S
-remove waypoit costs
-more craftable stuff (don’t forget the fish recipies)
-Increased black lion key droprate
-Better drops or increased value when sold to vendor
-scavenger hunts
-bestiary
-Increases party size
-Decrease cooldown on our only healing skill
-Option to increase stamina to perform more that 2 dodges
-More karma vendors
-More half cloaked/half armored looks for casters like the grenth costume from gw1 i love that kind of look for a caster

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

—player housing (customizable, allows placing items)
—guild halls (customizable, allows placing items)
—new treasures to hunt mobs for
—new items to play for that are affordable and/or won’t take a year to get.
—new armours
—new level 80 zones which are soloable and have all the level specific gathering nodes.
—fishing (but no fake mini game to hurt my wrists) enjoyable fishing please.

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

There needs to be reason for players to keep going to all areas of the game so I suggest a lot of random hidden treasure, very hard to find but very rewarding with great exotic and even legendary weapon chances. Never in the same place twice. Even better it requires a handheld device that cause the aggro range for mobs to double.

I also suggest mounts to make travelling around cheaper than waypoints in the long term but not as fast and with chances to run across events making TransTyria travel through all zones an attractive proposition meaning more players doing this increases chances of more players converging to do group events.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Player to player trading
roles to enhance character performance
bugfixes
new forum moderators
clear and concise communication at least once a week. (the farther between communications the more in-depth and comprehensive it had better be)
more medium armor that aren’t half coats trenchcoats raincoats or redcoats. browncoats are ok though.
town clothes to be transmutable to armor so I can wear them in combat
more costume/appearance options in the cash shop
more hairstyles for Sylvari
more skills
traits to be reworked so they feel more significant

Posted by: Sneaks.2071

Sneaks.2071

Guild Halls and the additional emotes.

Posted by: Venator.5780

Venator.5780

Taken from http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/comments/colin-johanson-talks-2013-content-updates

Just to help provide some clarity on this, we’ll be releasing within the next couple of weeks a high level summary of our big plans for the first half of 2013 to help provide more transparency into our plans with the game going forward. This will include providing more details about our goals for the game, information about the stories and features that you’ll see in the Jan/Feb/March releases.
To set expectations accordingly, the January release will be a relatively small release that sets the table for the stories and features we plan to roll out with the Feb/March releases and beyond. Also, there will be no new race, profession, or new region with these larger Feb/March releases. One of our major goals with these releases is making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we’ve already built, and strengthening the core game we’ve provided. In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we’re talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013, which usually you’d only find in an expansion for a traditional MMORPG.

More details and specifics to come in the next couple of weeks, but I hope that helps provide some more insight into what to expect at a very high level.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high for anything in the immediate future.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

More town clothes & accessories that are lore appropriate.

Actual girl armor for Asura.

One time use personal, portable waypoints.

Posted by: Mike.9451

Mike.9451

1. Something that will bring people out of FoTM and back into the open World. I want to go back to other level 80 areas and do events, but theres no there anymore. They’ve killed the world on purpose.

IF THEY CAN’T DO THAT, then I’d like:

1. Player Housing/Guild Halls (I think these were promised by ArenaNet)
2. First Person View
3. Open World PvP would be nice. Like some sort of zone thats Free for All (ONLY ON YOUR SERVER, NOT SOME STUPID WORLD VS WORLD THING)
4. More town Roleplay clothes

Edit:

5. More Emotes (This really needs to be added)
6. Trading but it most likely won’t happen.

(edited by Mike.9451)

Posted by: Nor.2057

Nor.2057

Name Change Contract

||Acolytes|| Sanctum of Rall||Destiny’s End||

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

At the risk of being flamed…

I would like to see a poaching/bounty hunt daily. The more I worked this idea out in my head, the more it reminds me of Nicholas, combined with some aspects of a different game I used to play. Allow me to explain in detail.

In LA, there would be an NPC who collects those often useless trophy items. By speaking to him, you can see which items he is collecting, and what pre-set reward he is offering. Each zone would have a specific mob type and trophy type, so this could be completed by players of every level. Obviously, reward scales with level, as does trophy requirement (where the bounty may be “10 globs of globby goo” at level 10, the bounty may be 50 at level 30, etc.).

The NPC would also offer a “Bag of Goodies” for defeating a specific mob (typically, a dungeon boss) weekly. This would encourage players to group together, and actually leave LA (I know, it’s a strange concept, fractals being there and all).

By bringing the NPC said items, players can exchange the trophies for either cash (which would obviously need to be greater than the merchant value of said items), or tokens for exchange. Exchange rewards include rare and exotic armors (new skins, same stats?) karma vials, crafting components (T6, ideally), and more- I’m sure this could be worked out in more detail later by someone far more qualified than me.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Posted by: Aiden.6209

Aiden.6209

Add dueling please!

[JDGE]

Aztro [Engineer] Extro [Warrior] Xilent [Thief] Tyrax Deathrain [Ranger] Krogax [Guardian]

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

Honestly most of those things you are mentioning should be low priority.

First fix/balance classes. Right now necros and engineers have so many bugs its pathetic.

Revamp fractals/dungeons. Right now I find most players just doing fractals. There are some dungeons that I rarely see done

Revamp Dynamic Event rewards for level 80s. Give players more incentive to get out there into the world instead of just sitting in LA waiting for a WvW que or spamming for fractal groups.

Work on Lost Shores island. Hardly anyone goes there any more, i’d love to see more incentive for players to go back there and have fun.

Increase things to do in sPvP. Most hardcore pvpers that i knew have quit or just stopped playing sPvP and went to other parts of the game because they got bored or balance complaints. (a large guild v guild type of arena in sPvP would be nice)

I think after those things are done then we should worry about Mini games, Guild halls, and player housing.

Agreed,giving people reasons to go back to the racial cities and lower level areas and guesting should also be a high priority. However, that doesnt change the fact i really want to see guild halls,mini games and player housing. I expect/hope one of these 3 things will hopefully get added in the feb or march update.

I also want to see name change contracts! i forgot to mention those.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Basically, more endgame content that allows the hardcore players to set themselves apart from the masses. That would include more ascended armor, rarer infusions, meaningful title ranks that affect character power, very difficult (guild friendly/pug unfriendly)10 man raid type content, a system that lets you level up to 5 levels above max level, but makes you loose an over-level every day you haven’t earned a certain amount of xp. Anything that is worthwhile playing for, i.e. anything exclusive.

Open world pvp with a player bounty system and mounts would be pretty fun too, but that’s horizontal fluff and can wait until they’ve added enough real progression.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Old Dungeon Remake.
Dragons buffed
Better WvW reward system

About sums it up.

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

First off, as a GW1 player, I think it’s amazing what you did with Ascalon City and honestly I can’t get enough of the dungeon AC.The following would be what I want.

1. The ability to time warp, through a gate designed by an asuran possibly, into GW1 Prophecies’ missions fixed upon the four Ascalon missions, which are in this case dungeons. Once those four dungeons are beaten, the player is introduced into new dungeons which are still in the past. Such as, after Nolani Academy, we do a mission following the life of king Adelbern leading up to (and partaking in) the foefire, with a special reward for beating that mission such as an amulet to choose a list of items from end-game merchants, perhaps to introduce past weapons from gw1, such as Celestrial Weapon skins.

(edited by Roman Legionary.6715)

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

-Some kind of GW2 implementation of Hard Mode or Zaishen dailies from GW1 so players have a reason to revisit sub-level 80 areas again.
-Bigger WvW map, more towers/keeps, maybe spawn MOBA style NPC’s, siege towers and ladders, more structure upgrades and NPC guard upgrades so keeps are less night-cappable, more reward incentives for capturing and holding structures.
-No new ascended items please (hey couldn’t hurt to ask).

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

-More incentives for weekly winners in WvW. Perhaps a bonus for 1st and
second place in Karma or Badges
-Auto loot badges from enemies killed
-Something else we can do with badges. Once the armor is attained there
is no further reward (unless you want some for a toon or the mystic forge).
-The Outmanned buff should give SOME type of stat bonus to the under dogs.
Its silly being outmanned but the buff you get is for Karma and XP which will
be very limited since you are not winning battles or capturing points

-The NUMBER ONE thing: Fix culling issues..period. It ruins the experience in WvW.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

- Monthly PvE multi map rewards instead of the hybrid WvW/PvE we have now (if i have to PK it is belongs in a PvP area).

- Fishing with higher level maps producing better/more fish for trophies/recipes.

- Trophies for bosses/champs that can be mounted on the walls of…Player Housing (won’t be in Jan but I can hope).

- Scavenger hunts and buried treasure, make them span many maps at higher levels.

- Crafting recipes that require special drops only found in certain maps on certain creatures .. make karma venders have new recipes for such

- More alerts for DE’s that will even tell you of DE’s occurring in other maps with increased rewards given to those that have been active but not done for some time

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Buff engineer utility weapons!!
and maybe Earth shield + Lightning Hammer for eles

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

At the risk of being flamed…

I would like to see a poaching/bounty hunt daily. The more I worked this idea out in my head, the more it reminds me of Nicholas, combined with some aspects of a different game I used to play. Allow me to explain in detail.

In LA, there would be an NPC who collects those often useless trophy items. By speaking to him, you can see which items he is collecting, and what pre-set reward he is offering. Each zone would have a specific mob type and trophy type, so this could be completed by players of every level. Obviously, reward scales with level, as does trophy requirement (where the bounty may be “10 globs of globby goo” at level 10, the bounty may be 50 at level 30, etc.).

The NPC would also offer a “Bag of Goodies” for defeating a specific mob (typically, a dungeon boss) weekly. This would encourage players to group together, and actually leave LA (I know, it’s a strange concept, fractals being there and all).

By bringing the NPC said items, players can exchange the trophies for either cash (which would obviously need to be greater than the merchant value of said items), or tokens for exchange. Exchange rewards include rare and exotic armors (new skins, same stats?) karma vials, crafting components (T6, ideally), and more- I’m sure this could be worked out in more detail later by someone far more qualified than me.

Good idea but a bit flawed. Unlike gw1 there are no more “solo zones”, as the world is now open for everyone. If this were to happen, there would be too many players and too few animals to hunt. With that said, this is a good idea that would work better with dungeons. Make it so that the item needed is to be obtained in dungeons, that way there would be no 10 hour grind for what should only take half an hour at the most, as dungeons are “party members only”. That way no one has to wait for the spawning of (an example) LT. Kholer.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Open world PK, that would bring me back to this game for sure

I have an idea of how the devs could add such a thing.

Have shrines throughout Tyria like this one…
http://atyrianodyssey.com/gw/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/old-ascalon-shrine-of-balthazar.jpg
Do the /kneel emote, like we can already do with certain shrines.
Then you get a blessing that flags you for open PK against other flagged players.
To drop the PK flag just do a certain emote. Maybe /cower or /cry.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

1. An actual loot system.
1.5: If you are dual wielding you should also attack with your off hand as well, main attacks need reworked that will certainly add some joy and depth.
2. Every class that has a main one handed weapon should have an off hand of that weapon type as well, same applies to off hand weapons as well with the exception of shields, focus, and torches.
3. Player cosmetics room about five cosmetic rooms one for each major holiday, removal of transmutation stones and the town clothes window.
4. Unique legendary weapons that can only be obtained from a mixed variety of skill points, scavenger hunts, achievement points, specific essence shards from each type of monster that is a champion, complex riddles, and other things that require actual skill rather than a pocket full of spare change.
5. Dynamic events that yield challenge not mindless rushing.
6. Improved telegraphs that you can actually see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFo28scfYM&list=FLNJi0oNtThGb2cGacQxKdyA&index=22
Overall those are the things I desire to see the most.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

1.Auto loot in WvW 2.Guild halls.3 GvG.4Player housing.5mounts.6 more then 10 skills to press like 12 or so 10 is very limitedbeter skill bar

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

More character customization options (more faces, body types, hairstyles and such)

More story paths (if that’s possible at this point)

The many broken pieces of existing armor/weapons to be fixed

Unique armor drops in the OPEN WORLD, especially from the Meta event Bosses (the three dragons, Champion Svanir Marauder, Ancient Ember, Shadow Behemoth and the like)

Key NPCs to be given unique faces and voices (trahearne should NOT have a face or voice shared by hundreds of other sylvari NPCs, likable or not he’s too key to the storyline for that.)

More Racial armor (lots more, especially for the sylvari)

THE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL OF THE 25 CONDITION STACK LIMIT

WvW to be given some system of organization and heirarchy that depends on SKILL not who has 100 spare gold. For example, allow guilds to elect a commander or commanders at certain milestones and levels of acomplishment/activity. Let the commanders draw ranks on the field that would operate around them, and give them a timer for setting up and calling out cues for multi-group combos.

A top hat that is MEDIUM ARMOR, not town clothes.

More steampunk and gothic armor

In world Skirmish PvP (by choice, not gank PvP)

Guesting

Precursor Scavenger hunt

Cross-area event chains

Reduction of waypoints (Yes you read right, no I don’t mean a price reduction, I want less waypoints) and more intuitive and immersive methods of travel to be added in their place.

Orr to be revamped to feel like a battleground against the undead instead of a giant zombie farm. For example, make it so that as players complete more events and complete them on time, Zhaitan takes more and more control of the troops, the area gets harder, more events open up, you see the undead marching as soldiers and exercising advanced tactics because of Zhaitans increased influence. And as a reward drop rates get better and more meta events give out chests.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

1. Removal of DR.
2. Better improved rewards for the effort you do.
3. No more RNG/Lottery.
4. Better rewards for PvP.
5. Guild Halls/improved Guild functions.
6. Guesting
7. LFG Tool (like they had in GW1).
8. “Real” Legendaries (not these grindtastic expensive weapons).
9. T3 Cultural Armor price reduction or change them to Exotic.
10. More Town Clothes (like the ones NPCs are already wearing).
11. Seasonal Town Clothes (Big coats for winter, Swimwear for summer, etc).
12. More classic Armor skins from GW1.
13. AoE Looting.
14. Name Changes (should of been introduced with Makeover Kits).
15. More emotes (even more dances available via gem store if you have to).
16. Fishing.
17. Crafting Recipes for gear instead of always tossing everything in the Mystic Forge.
18. Removal of the Mystic Forge (we have crafting for this purpose. Use it).
19. Ascended gear available outside of FotM.
20. Removal of PvP from the PvE Monthly (we have a PvP Monthly for that).
21. One Transmutation Stone for all levels (we don’t need two different ones).
22. No waypoint costs in the same map (like it is in cities, except for regular areas too).
23. Player housing (and materials to farm to craft our houses like Hearthfire for Skyrim. Maybe even toss in marriage and adoption for those that want that too).

That’s about all I can think of at the moment.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Spakpak.7260

Spakpak.7260

first person view.

That would be so amazing! If they added that I would take a kitten in the Mists of Pandaria box and send it back to where it came from

Coexist: I play wow and gw2 and I love them both

Posted by: Aktarus.5612

Aktarus.5612

The most important thing imao,is total rewamp of gameplay,skills bar,weapons skills numbers and weapons customisation of each char.

You can add more and more stuff to do, its already boring to do something over and over with same skills/traits,and rarely change your gameplay style,because its useless.

When i open gw1 and see 300skills per char, and come back to gw2 with 30 skills, i want to cry…

I know the reasons is for balance between class ect, but things today are barely not balance, so at least give us more skills and way to play, even add dual profession as the old gw.

Then i would like to be a real healer or real tanker if i want,for now,all you can be is dps with some support/survive ability and that’s all, pretty not enough to enjoy gameplay more than few months.In my case, im already bored,maybe too for the lack of pvp challenge.I dont like spvp,and ww is always the same with big battle where you dont see anything.So there is nothing else to do with a 80 char.

I really miss the old AVA in gw1, and technical 4 vs 4 arena with real open maps, not tight maps as you get in spvp(with pvp gear only,you win nothing for pve,wich demotivate me,i dont want to farm 1 time for pve and 1 time for pvp for each char).

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The most important thing imao,is total rewamp of gameplay,skills bar,weapons skills numbers and weapons customisation of each char.

You can add more and more stuff to do, its already boring to do something over and over with same skills/traits,and rarely change your gameplay style,because its useless.

When i open gw1 and see 300skills per char, and come back to gw2 with 30 skills, i want to cry…

Umm… pardon?

Guardian= 102 skills available
Warrior = 119 skills
Engineer = 124 skills
Ranger = 144
Thief = 110
Elementalist = 146
Mesmer = 89
Necromancer = 93

There are plenty of skills in the game, especially for the core game. You forget, that three-hundred skill deep pool was built up over three expansion campaigns, each class in GW1 only had about fifty skills available upon release of the core game.

What they really need to do is make it so people can switch their builds around without going to town and paying a fee, and revamp the trait system so that you don’t feel cheated out of the build you want because so many completely different build options occupy a single trait tree.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Reposted from another thread:

1. Guesting
2. Guild Halls (and with the introduction of guild halls, guild services can now be accessed across different servers)
3. Guild bonuses applying to all members regardless of which server they’re on.
4. New recipes to upgrade existing Exotic items to Ascended quality
5. Ability to preview items on the Trading Post
6. A buff to T3 Cultural armor to make it Exotic, as well as the option to purchase it via Karma
7. Elimination/reduction of the Waypoint Travel Fee (this could be facilitated by purchasing a special token from the gem store)
8. Adjustment of rewards from Veteran/Champion enemies. Depending on their level/region, such enemies should always drop Rares/Exotics, particularly if there is no reward chest for completing a Dynamic Event associated with them.
9. An “Armor Wardrobe” similar to the Festival Hat Maker in GW1 where players can show an NPC an armor set they are wearing (it must be the complete set), and then subsequently can apply the skin to any armor set they are wearing. The NPC charges a Transmutation Stone(s) each time the player wants to apply a new appearance, so this won’t make the Stones obsolete.
10. The ability to replay Story missions, allowing friends/guildies to experience story arcs they didn’t see themselves because they made different choices.
11. Story mode dungeons rewarding tokens for completion (but at a lower rate than Explorable modes)
12. The ability to freely change trait points while in town or safe-zones (as in actual villages/towns/outposts in the map designated as such, not simply being out of combat)

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Basically, more endgame content that allows the hardcore players to set themselves apart from the masses. That would include more ascended armor, rarer infusions, meaningful title ranks that affect character power, very difficult (guild friendly/pug unfriendly)10 man raid type content, a system that lets you level up to 5 levels above max level, but makes you loose an over-level every day you haven’t earned a certain amount of xp. Anything that is worthwhile playing for, i.e. anything exclusive.

Open world pvp with a player bounty system and mounts would be pretty fun too, but that’s horizontal fluff and can wait until they’ve added enough real progression.

Theres already a bunch of games like that why not just play one of those.

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

Proper Dungeon Finder, not “improved” lfg tool.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

More PvP modes.

Cantha or Elona.

New race.

New class.

Actual dungeon finder.

Not all of these, but 2 out of 5 would make me happy. Big requests, but they did say an entire expansions worth of content.

Edit.
I would actually like to see a huge improvement in AI, especially for pets/minions. I really want to like my hunter, but can’t seem to get past the kitten AI, literally some of the worst pet AI I have seen in even lower budget mmos. Pathing should have been 300% better from the start too.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

-Engineer kits now scale with main weapon. All kits have been nerfed in damage and healing by 80% to compensate for this.

-Engineer pistols were doing significantly more damage than intended. This doesn’t fit our design philosophy that engineers gain more utility than any other class from kits so their main weapons should be used primarily as utility skills. As such we have replaced static shot with an ability that teleports you a random distance, (0-1500) and facing a random direction, we feel as though it fits with our design philosophy that engineers should be quirky masterminds with lots of fun, interesting and chaotic skills.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Name Change Contract

/Signed (why would you release gender change w/o name change…)

Just hoping the name change comes with January release, honestly it can’t be too much of a technical complexity.

1. Something that will bring people out of FoTM and back into the open World. I want to go back to other level 80 areas and do events, but theres no there anymore. They’ve killed the world on purpose.

This too!
Make open world events rewarding again – it sucks that FotM is the only place guaranteeing great loot these days – why bother with all those awesome zones then and the other dungeons. Add more rewarding loot to the other dungeons so that in addition to the tokens you get there you also have a chance to get ascended items or rares or more frequently rare materials too.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season