What does "END GAME" mean to you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Endgame to me would be having best armor i can get for or at my level, and then being able to use my knowledge (if any gained during my travels) to help guild members or others reach their goals.

i could use my lv80 character to help others complete difficult quests and bosses, and prolong my life in the game until there are no more people to help out or i just get bored.

i like helping people, but when they come back and ask “why do you always ask to help players?” that is discouraging to me. i thought it was a grouping game, but many players are able to ride solo, with as much success. so i feel in a weird spot

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Endgame for me is being locked into a cave to farm polygons until my hair whites out and I lose muscle mass so I can get the max stats until the next expansion which will make all this a big waste of time.

For me GW2 has no endgame, because the game never ends with you being locked into a cave just to get on par with the rest of the players; at 80 I get my exotic set easily and then my only worry is what fun activity to choose.

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

• You say PvP can be done low-level in most games but this is not true in most MMOs. In fact, in most PvP is an exclusive club for the players with the best gear (earned through PvP or PvE). GW2 is unique in that it gives you unlocked max stat gear at level 1
  • Endgame for any game is repeatable content in the game that gives you reason to keep signing in once you completed all other content once through. The people complaining there is no endgame are thinking exclusively in terms of endgame=raids. Raids are an example of well executed endgame content, but it’s not the only way.

ArenaNet’s stated vision for endgame is level scaling (go back and help a friend, work towards, craft some more, do dungeons explorable or roll another character). There is also WvW which is PvP, but it’s not hardcore. Learn when to evade and stay in groups and WvW can be a lot of fun for anyone and you don’t have to have max stats to enjoy it. I would suggesting waiting until you have at least one elite skill unlocked (level 30)

• I define endgame more in terms of social aspects. Helping others working together to clear dungeons faster, finding my place in the team, exploring new ways to configure my character, etc… Although raids wouldn’t hurt (down the road) there is a lot to do now

Posted by: Goretex.6201

Goretex.6201

Endgame is never ending in guild wars, I’m only level 52 but I have so much to do and explore. I dont mind going back to lower levels and helping out, every section is end game for me. I want them to add more dungeons, more things todo. I know ArenaNet in time will do this, the more they add the better the game will get. this game is going to be around a long time. there is so much to do in the game, I love it!

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

When I’m done getting the weapons and armor I want. After that, I will be mostly roleplaying except when I’m bored, then I will run around Tyria doing random events and exploring. And I don’t get bored of that as easily as grinding, I played Banjo Tooie for years after I finished it on the same account.

Playable Tengu please!

Posted by: Shaliphi.5291

Shaliphi.5291

Endgame to me is when ive done every thing that i can find fun to do and don’t feel like playing no more. So i try not to rush. just have fun and enjoy what the game has to offer

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

It would be interesting if a game studio were to provide max level focused RP features. Use your imagination on what those might be.

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Endgame to me was an answer to all the players who lacked an imagination to create an endgame of their own. Game designers were pressured by subscribers give them infinite value for their montly fee. So they gave us a treadmill to run on rather than give players the tools to drive content themselves as UO originally did.

I remember coming out of Ultima Online to Dark Age of Camelot having skipped over EverQuest and there was all this foreign talk about “endgame”. Took me awhile to understand the whole concept at first.

Personally, all I care about is a solid PvP endgame. I got my fill of raiding in vanilla WoW and it just isn’t worth my time.

(edited by Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806)

Posted by: Razamis.1062

Razamis.1062

• End Game means having meaningful character progression continue once you are level capped. **

Its that simple. This may or may not be done through raids, but it most certainly cannot take the GW2 route and just stop progression all together at 80, that is a fatal mistake that has already cost them a lot of players.

You don’t need anyone else’s definition because this is the correct one.

(edited by Razamis.1062)

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

• End Game means having meaningful character progression continue once you are level capped. **

Its that simple. This may or may not be done through raids, but it most certainly cannot take the GW2 route and just stop progression all together at 80, that is a fatal mistake that has already cost them a lot of players.

You don’t need anyone else’s definition because this is the correct one.

I would agree, that End Game means continued character progression. In past games, I have always raided and this, combined with say grinding “faction” reputation and such things, has more or less been what there was.

I was super skeptical of the GW2 endgame, but for myself I find it’s quite satisfying at the moment. I find there certainly is a gear progression for now, and that’s great. I’m only partially kitted out with exotics and will work away at that over time. The most interesting thing about GW2 for me at the moment, at 80, is the fact that I haven’t explored the entire world yet. This is huge, as in WoW, AoC, and Rift by this time I had eaten up all that content and was disappointed. So much more to do in GW2 still.

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

Disclaimer: Endgame is subjective and doesn’t freely apply from one player to the next. One persons endgame could be making as much money as possible while another’s could be collecting spider legs. The following is what I consider endgame.

Endgame is what I couldn’t create in GW2 no matter how hard I tried. I wanted to love this game 1-80 is amazing and I wanted that to continue.

Endgame is measured character progression after leveling is completed.

Endgame is currently what I’ll be playing in another MMO.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It’s what I do at level 80.

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

To me, end-game means bad game design. i.e. the WoW evercrack mechanic of endless stat stroking and heroics by numbers – dweeb bate at its finest.

Posted by: Wolfmother.4098

Wolfmother.4098

Personally I’ve taken " End Game" out of my vocab. It just doesn’t fit the way I play any longer. I can play a game for years, not get to max level and be completely comfortable with the activities or lack there of that I choose to do when I play.

We can make ourselves miserable, or we can make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

Endgame to me is about gearing up together with your guild, doing dungeons together, so you can go raiding and beating hard content together.

Also about maximising yoru character in stats, even getting 1 more str from one piece to another is an improvement.

Looks is secondary to stats.

Character Progression is what drives mmos forward and keeps them alive, and that will be the downfall of GW2. It will stay alive, but with a population around 200k players.

Most players are already at the point where they cant improve their character, hence many have stoped playing.

(edited by Selo.1250)

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

When someone says “end game” what does that mean to you?

When someone mentions end game to me….the two things that come to mind is raiding or numerous really hard 5 man’s….in which both drop really cool looking gear that you cannot get anywhere else other than completing those raids/instances.

I’m a PvP player and have rarely raided or PvE’d at all…..but from all my experience in MMO’s I would consider PvE the actual “end game” of a game. I don’t really consider PvP end game in any game…since it can be done in most games from a very low level.

Depends on the game. All games are designed with a specific focus. In GW2 that is PvP. Since I hate cage fights, PvP for me (and end-game) means one thing, WvWvW. This is the only reason I even purchased the game, and the only reason I play.

Posted by: Craven.5468

Craven.5468

Personally I’ve taken " End Game" out of my vocab. It just doesn’t fit the way I play any longer. I can play a game for years, not get to max level and be completely comfortable with the activities or lack there of that I choose to do when I play.

Boom. I am so on board with this!

The rest of this post is text required to avoid gaining an infraction for not being wordy enough. Here are some more words.