What exactly is "End Game"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

Gear treadmill?
Minis are gear now?

Is that why they’re constantly putting out new minis in the form of BLTCs and New weapons skins in the form of BLTCs too?

so you’re only noticed minis and skins after a major update? what about the changes of the monthly/daily system? or laurels? or living story? i could go on if you will, but just look at the patchnotes of the past months.
some people will always just see what they wanna see…

When you say Gear treadmill you mean STATS treadmill, theres already new gear skins out in Gw2 ontop of the dungeon gears and the legendary and those dont require skills to obtain they require luck, luck and money

you can’t compare constant new skins and fashion stuff, which aren’t crucial to stay competetive with higher tier weapons/armor every once in a while.
you’re not forced to get those skins.
sure, ascended gear is coming, but step-by-step to prevent gear threadmill.
currently, there’re just ascended rings and charms…and they are not crucial. ( yet :/ )

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

so you’re only noticed minis and skins after a major update? what about the changes of the monthly/daily system? or laurels? or living story? i could go on if you will, but just look at the patchnotes of the past months.
some people will always just see what they wanna see…

And laurels are used for…
Oh yeah thats right stats treadmill as in something you have to do to keep up with the rest.

Oh and nice of you to mention fractal weapons skins, yes lovely the ONE new skin that doesnt require tons of money or luck.

Now if only they implemented this to the rest of the dungeons, like I’ve mentioned in the OP if you had bothered to read it as a way of making people WANT to kill otherwise skippable bosses instead of FORCING people to do it.

And no a good dungeon doesnt have to force you kill everything along the way.

you can’t compare constant new skins and fashion stuff, which aren’t crucial to stay competetive with higher tier weapons/armor every once in a while.
you’re not forced to get those skins.
currently, there’re just ascended rings and charms…and they are not crucial. ( yet :/ )

Sorry, higher tier stuff?

You do realize that armour and weapon stats in Gw2 max out at exotic and everything else is just Cosmetic.

So yes I can make that comparison.

Armour and weapons in Guildwars2 is Cosmetic they dont provide additional stats past exotics.

the hell are you talking about?

Putting out gear with better stats =/= Gear treadmill.

Logic fail much?

Putting out gear with better stats = Gear treadmill

which is why I dont like ascended items.

And this is also why your logic fails.
Imagine you’re a new player or a player who has just returned after a long time off the game.
You come back and theres these new “Ascended” items which take Months to attain rather than just the weeks it took to get dungeon exotic gear and to top it off they’re ugly so you just end up transmuting them to your pre existing outfit.

THAT IS A GEAR TREADMILL.

My suggestions were never about gear treadmill but more cosmetic variation.

I’m glad I know which side you stand on.
And for the sake of the community I hope Anet doesnt turn this game into another gear treadmill like all the other lame MMORPGs.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Per Anet the “end-game” is and always has been Dynamic Events

I go to upper level zones and guess what I don’t see.

The player base actively pursuing these DE.

Just last night I was in Frostgorge Sound and there were DEs going on left and right. Some I could do on my own, but many I could not.

This is how Anet designed it. These DEs at this level are suppose to be done with groups of people.

That s why since the first of this year I have been saying there needed to be DE raid groups formed daily.

The only people that can go around saying there is nothing to do in this game ae those very people that say it.

again —-— DYNAMIC EVENTS ARE THE END GAME ………. PERIOD

Do them or shutup

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Per Anet the “end-game” is and always has been Dynamic Events

I go to upper level zones and guess what I don’t see.

The player base actively pursuing these DE.

Just last night I was in Frostgorge Sound and there were DEs going on left and right. Some I could do on my own, but many I could not.

This is how Anet designed it. These DEs at this level are suppose to be done with groups of people.

That s why since the first of this year I have been saying there needed to be DE raid groups formed daily.

The only people that can go around saying there is nothing to do in this game ae those very people that say it.

again —-— DYNAMIC EVENTS ARE THE END GAME ………. PERIOD

Do them or shutup

Maybe they should have learned their lesson from WAR and Rift and made them an actually ORGANIC, DYNAMIC SYSTEM, and not just a repeatable quest on an unpredictable spawn timer.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Maybe they should have learned their lesson from WAR and Rift and made them an actually ORGANIC, DYNAMIC SYSTEM, and not just a repeatable quest on an unpredictable spawn timer.

Since January we have been witnessing some effort on Anet’s side to make DEs more appealing.

But it still boils down to us the players.

Still I wait for a guild to say they make daily DE runs to different zones in this game. Still I hear nothing and see nothing form us the players

There are those like myself that get it, but we are few and can do nothing with guild support. So I say again.

Put up or shut up

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

(edited by Krosslite.1950)