What fun! (A new player's perspective)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I like the game too…and I’ve been playing since the first beta. It’s taken some unexpected twists in how they present the game, which some people haven’t liked, but it suits me perfectly.

My biggest advice to you is don’t let the forums get you down. The game is way fun for me…the forums…not so much. lol

Basically this. I might not like a lot of the choices anet has made with the game, specifically the gem store and rng boxes of super fun time, or just rng in general (I’m lookin at you mystic forge). But at the end of the day I’m still playing and having fun, for the most part.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As Sylv notes, you can guest any day you like. Only two different servers a day, and when you relog you are back on your home world. You can’t join WVW or access your main server’s guild bank when guesting but most everything else you can.

I’m in a lighthearted adventuring RP guild and we have two or three active members whose main servers are not Tarnished Coast. It’s quite doable. Also you can chat with whatever guild you are repping even if you are not on that server at the time.

Be very careful not to hit “Transfer” when guesting. I hear that it actually moves you without a confirmation button. And that costs 800 gems if you have them. Also be aware that getting your account onto TC can be hard because we are nearly always Full. Guesting might be your best way to at least test if you want to be here.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Even if you’re on a difference server, you can still join and play with a guild, in everything except for WvW.

But yes deleting all your characters will let you change servers for free.

Posted by: Dare.6913

Dare.6913

Very good to know, I will give it a shot tomorrow! But for now its time to retire; thanks for the sound advice everyone. I’m glad to see so many positive folks out thee, it eally reimburses my post.

Cheers!

Maliel Riverwind, Sylvari Melee Ranger – in training!
“When all else fails, I suppose I can cut down foes with my elbow foliage!”

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

welcome i hope u stay i like positive people ^^

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Yes, if you delete everything, you can transfer for free.

Make sure to move everything to your bank that you don’t want to lose, and that the world is not Full. <3

Aw man, decisions decicions. I just hit 23 on Mal which isn’t that far but I’ve already grown so attached.

/wanders off to ponder for a while

But TC is one of the best servers! And the only NA RP server. In the long run, level 23 isn’t a big sacrifice compared to shelling out a lot of gold for a single transfer.

I don’t doubt that! But I sadly cannot forsake my irl friends. Perhaps I can guest there someday~!

woaaah dude dont delete your character, guesting allows you to do everything that you normally could, the only difference is you cant join them in WvW

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Dare.6913

woaaah dude dont delete your character, guesting allows you to do everything that you normally could, the only difference is you cant join them in WvW

Then I shan’t! I assume WvW is the ‘world versus world’ that I’ve read about. It sounds intense! I’ll probably need some practice before I’m even good at it, haha.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Then I shan’t! I assume WvW is the ‘world versus world’ that I’ve read about. It sounds intense! I’ll probably need some practice before I’m even good at it, haha.

ahh WvW is just the best if you like pvp, just jump in and give it a go once in a while, like yourself i love every single tasty morsel of the game xD

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Nice post , i feel the same way this game is fantastic , you can even take breaks if you are burnt out on it with no sub fee

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

If you compare this game to everything else on the market, it beats them all by miles. The game is still lacking some core feature polish but I’ve had my money’s worth x100 so far and rising. I do have concerns with the direction of some things in the game and I’ve voiced that aswell. However, whenever you make a new character or go explore you will always find new little things and events that remind you that this game is still overall the best out there. I also quit around january as one of the other posters here because I sort of burned out on the content. I got back into it about 2 months ago and I’ve been playing it on and off, almost daily now.

In about 1-2 hours (or maybe it’s already live) my favourite event appears again, probably a favourite of many. You should really check out Rata Sum (it’s to the west of the Sylvari capital city) and take a look at the ‘Super Adventure Box’. It’s really awesome and it is sort of like playing zelda/mario etc inside Guild Wars.

As for the guesting feature, like others said before me, you can do almost everything on another server with it and you don’t have to transfer. You can actually guest on 2 servers at once.

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Glad you’re enjoying the game

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Welcome aboard Dare, keep yourself as much as possible in game and off the forums.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Glad you like it Dare, I have been playing over a year now and still am very much enjoy the game.

Dare.6913

In about 1-2 hours (or maybe it’s already live) my favourite event appears again, probably a favourite of many. You should really check out Rata Sum (it’s to the west of the Sylvari capital city) and take a look at the ‘Super Adventure Box’. It’s really awesome and it is sort of like playing zelda/mario etc inside Guild Wars.

Is that whats patching now? It sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the heads up!

And thanks everyone for the further welcomes! I just hit 25! Still struggling on the crafting aspect of the game but when I’m not lazy I’ll simply look up guides, haha.I’ve been finding mats left and right!