What is ONE change you'd make to your class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Necromancer: Teach the Flesh Golem how to swim. And this is more than one thing, but please mix Reanimator and Protection of the Horde into either Minion Mastery or Flesh of the Master and give us better minor traits in Death Magic.

Engineer: Get rid of the ground targeting on the first grenade skill so that it can finally be used as a proper auto attack (and my 1 key won’t have to be so abused anymore).

Ranger: Give ranger a staff in order to hopefully provide some decent AOE attacks and group support.

Posted by: Odinsfury.8360

Odinsfury.8360

Elementalist - Give them another weapon slot, but disable it during combat. While I absolutely wouldn’t want to give eles combat-swapping, that’s essentially two extra inventory slots, and it means that if I want to fool around with a combination outside my main set every once in a while, I just have to hit [~] out of combat, instead of having to dig through my inventory.

It’s more a quality of life improvement than a re-balancing one, but, man, I’d definitely mix up my play style more often that way.

I was going to post this. It’s something simple that would make our lives a lot easier.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Guardian and Mesmer – Signet that also grants a passive movement boost. Being able to move fast is becoming 100% needed in a lot of content.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Warrior, I want whirlwind to have a wider range. 400 range radius is what I want.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Elementalist - Give them another weapon slot, but disable it during combat. While I absolutely wouldn’t want to give eles combat-swapping, that’s essentially two extra inventory slots, and it means that if I want to fool around with a combination outside my main set every once in a while, I just have to hit [~] out of combat, instead of having to dig through my inventory.

It’s more a quality of life improvement than a re-balancing one, but, man, I’d definitely mix up my play style more often that way.

Wholeheartedely support this. It’s something I could make a lot of use of and would save going into invent all the time

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Give Warrior a decent heal not on a stupidly long cooldown. The only reason we rely on Healing sig is because we are constantly being hit with no access to regen or protection, or abundant dodges. Which is why warriors still use GS to run away and wait for Healing surge to come back up.

No you rely on HS because it does more healing than any of the other heals with no casting requirement.

Yaki.9563

GUARDIAN POV REMOVES 2 CONDITIONS AND CONVERT 1 INTO BOON

Same for warrior warhorn trait.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Guardian: Viable Spirit Weapons

THIS. Sprit weapons are basically a waste of ultity skill space.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Thief – Venoms that behave like Mantras

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Thief – Venoms that behave like Mantras

Ooooo. Now that’s interesting.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Ranger – Master of Range Combat a.k.a Option to Permanently Stow Pets and Boost Rangers overall dps without pets.

Bah this will never happen anyway.
Next…

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

hexes to Mesmers.

Enough of this “phantasms are living hexes” or “confusion iS all the hexes in one” bs excuse

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Necromancer lifesteal scaling at a decent level with healing power.

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Ranger : main-hand Axe, +10% base weapon strength.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Since I played a ton of classes:

• Guardian: make sword useful. N°3 skill is rather bad and misses more often than not.
  • Warrior: fix greatsword: only skills that are useful are N°5 gap closer and N°3 with some aoe. 100 blades is a lame and rather easy-to-avoid skill.
  • Engineer: more aoe weapons: make weapons something to use, right now only toolkits have a big use, and shield off-hand.
  • Thief: don’t force people to go paper way.
  • Elementalist: dual weapons please: each weapon has limited uses and the elementalist is pretty crappy for melee when on staff, and pretty crappy for long-range when on daggers. Make scepter/focus viable.
  • Mesmer: again, don’t force people to go paper way.
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Mesmer

Add 25% runbuff to Signet of Inspiration.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Necro:

A true Minion Master build…

One in which we could actually heal our minions instead of watching them die and re-conjuring them.

I kind of miss the old MM build in GW1…kind of…

and for Elementalist, I agree with an above poster about some way to mitigate the double cooldown.

Transfusion now heals more for minions / allies.

Click the link for ‘heals more’ to see developers’ demonstration.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Guardian: make Smite a symbol already

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Guard – improve staff #2, the orb

War – make DPS and survivability more trait dependant so you cant be near top of both at same time but have to sacrifice some of one for the other.

Mesmer – get rid of portal entirely or set it on an F5 skill

Ele – lower the CD and increase duration on earth armor but lower its effectiveness.

Necro – fix condition builds to be effective vs bosses such as Teq and many others

Thief – increase survivability and utility in PvE only while reducing overall stealth in WvW / SPVP at same time.

Engi – dont have one yet, but will soon

Ranger – dont have one yet

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

hexes to Mesmers.

Enough of this “phantasms are living hexes” or “confusion iS all the hexes in one” bs excuse

If at all, they belong to necromancers, get your facts straight, ..a hex is a CURSE

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hex.
Necromancers are the masters of curses, not mesmers. Ged rid of this flawe thinking of only because all casters in GW1 had hex spells, that hexes belong to mesmers for GW2, when they truly belong only to necromancers when they would get something like a witcher sub class that is specialized on hex spells to curse enemies with lingering negative effects that can’t be so easily removed like normal conditions, which would end only, if their caster either dies/gets downed or iof their caster ends them on you so that there needs to be a mechanic, that leads to the point that a caster wants to end a hex on you too either due to them having also negative side effects towards the caster too cause of their powerfulness or just due to get that way done some nice synergizing effects with other skills that trigger effects when an enemies loses a hex.
—-

To the topic:

One thing I would instantly change is completely redesign the thief class, I think this should count as “one” thing, because the result of that one thing I’d do isn’t a question of how many exact changes I’d do, but rather a question of what for a result you expect from your “one” thing you would do.

Redesigning the thief as that “one” goal I’d want to reach with my change around the whole gameplay of this class would be to strengthen the role of the thief as a trustworthy debuffer class that is versatile and unpredictable due to its versatility that should come from venoms, not from randomly stealing 1 item every like only 30 seconds or so.

To reach this goal, following thigns would be required to reach that “one” goal with them.

A) Move Venom Gameplay with completely new Venom Effects to F3-4
Let Players choose from a list of say 5 different venoms 2 out, that you can put onto F3/4 to have venoms with you that can completely change in an instant when you use them your complete weapon skill bar with new weapon skills that your the gameplay of your character as long as the DURATION (time, not hit based) holds on from the venoms.
B) Refill the created utility skill gaps with new more useful utility skills.

C) Redesign the Shadow Step mechanic to make a more defensive movement mechanic out of it instead on one boring instant teleporting mechanic.
All instant teleport skills should get removed from the game or get redesigned with new effects. Shadow Steps should grant to Thiefs for some time Super Speed increasign the movement speed that they are for a short moment so fat that you can see only their shades lettign them auto avoid incoming damage while they are in that state, so that the mechanic works as a defensive talent, so that thiefs don’t are forced to make for everythign either dodge rolls or to use stealth permamently to avoid damage. Shadow Step should just work similar like distortion, only that its a fast paced movement skill that helps the thief also to quickly move around and with that I mean beign with it the quickest class of all in the end, stopping finaly this design nonsense of warriors with heavy great swords in heavy armors being fasterin running away, than thiefs..this is just BS and needs to get fixed.
Its their job as debuffers to chase down the weak, thiefs are the silent hunters that wait for the right moment to attack to get quickly into the fight and leave it quickly again, before someone could notice you, thats how thiefs should functionate and how their gameplay concept is designed (or should be better designed like)

You want to see a true thief? one, that Anet should get alot of inspiration from?
Look at this:
http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/03/1362496753-10.jpeg

Thats the picture i always have in my mind, when thinking on thiefs for GW2, the silent infiltrators, that always try to stay unseen staying in the shades assasinating victims out of the dark with either deathly venoms or lethal strikes.

Thiefs should be like a mixture out of Assassins Creed + Thief + Assasins from GW1/Martial Artistic Monks, Assasins from Blade & Soul and Thiefs/Rogues/Assassins from Ragnarok Online in regards of their acrobatics/stealth/ venom gameplay ect. and move abilities doing more, than just only dodge rolls (flip rolls/saltos/spirals/ high jumps/ shadow leaps)

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Engineer hammers make it happen also gadgets with passive boosts like signets

Yaki.9563

hexes to Mesmers.

If at all, they belong to necromancers, get your facts straight, ..a hex is a CURSE

Necromancers are the masters of curses, not mesmers.

I’m pretty sure Mesmers had more hexes in GW1 than any other class. I like how you use the common, non-GW definition of hexes, and the common, non-GW definition of necromancers to claim that they are the masters of hexes. When all your assumptions are flawed, you conclusion is going to be flawed too. Try again.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hexes to Mesmers.

Necromancers are the masters of curses, not mesmers.

I’m pretty sure Mesmers had more hexes in GW1 than any other class. I like how you use the common, non-GW definition of hexes, and the common, non-GW definition of necromancers to claim that they are the masters of hexes. When all your assumptions are flawed, you conclusion is going to be flawed too. Try again.

erm yup mesmer was top of the hexers in gw1…would love to see some similar mesmer skills like the hexes in gw2.. especially in wvw(mesmer aoe)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Randin.5701

Randin.5701

Necro

Let staff marks trigger off of destructible objects/stationary bosses.

Runner-up: let the flesh golem work underwater.

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

Elementalist – 9 second base attunement

We’re already the lowest in base stats. I don’t understand why they would be ignorant enough of the class they created to force it into 30 trait points to use a mechanic they created in order to keep any semblance of rotation going. Since we’re the lowest in RAW base stats, those trait points mean more to us than any other class.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Ranger- either a short bow range fix or a pet fix.
(Can’t think of much right now, probably gonna edit later lol)

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

mm hard to fix ranger first thing is not really the pet even so i would give the pet much more health and less dmg so that the pet in first roll is a boon giver and vunabilty blind cc aplier.

And fix that sword auto attack its horroble

About all other classes give us more fun abilitys, some more skills which are fun to use.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Elementalist: increase base health, the low base health is a relic form the days before launch when it had high damage. Now ele is considered a support class its base health should have been taken into consideration as part of the class balancing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Hi everyone! I’ve added a Google Doc with a compilation of the suggestions to the original post. In case you don’t check there though, here’s a link; https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8pOlN5QiiHTaGR4amU1QTJvVnc/edit?usp=sharing

Keep em comin folks!

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Thieves needs buffs bad in PvE. If they are going to be this squishy, at least give them the most dps by at least 10%.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Ranger: remove it from the game and put us all out of our misery.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Ha lol

or just force all rangers to use sword in pve

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Really only one thing i want..

Rangers – Option to completely Remove the Pet.

Its a Ranger not a Beastmaster..

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Longbow, no pet? You can do this as a Warrior with rifle or longbow.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Engi: Speed buff trait works the same as everyone else’s. A constant buff, NOT having to spam equipping kits every 5 seconds to get the advantage. I don’t care if the speed goes down to 25% instead of the current 33% or whatever it is.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Dante.1508

Longbow, no pet? You can do this as a Warrior with rifle or longbow.

I don’t use longbow its crap, i use shortbow and Axe/Warhorn with my own build the pet makes zero difference to my damage imo, they are dead more than alive anyway.

Sadly Warrior doesn’t play like a ranger, or i’d spec my warrior as such.

That was my one thing i’ve wanted since Guildwars 1

Posted by: Fiddlybitz.6982

Fiddlybitz.6982

I’d like it if guardian had more options to make it behave more like a spell caster. The staff and scepter don’t feel very magic-y to me. Something like a smiter monk (but less bad) from GW1

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

hexes to Mesmers.

it’s a reference to Guild Wars 1….
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hex_spell

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ha lol

or just force all rangers to use sword in pve

Just to add to the wisdom of champ’s message, I use sword in pve, soloq, and wvw. Why? First of all because the animations are tight, clean, and fun to watch. Oh, and because I turned off autoattack and autotarget. And then I practiced. I avoid spamming the auto when it can get me into trouble. Easy.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I’d make the Mesmer more like its GW 1 counterpart and less of an illusion pet-spammer class. Bring back hexes in a limited fashion (call them “delusions” or something, I don’t care) and make us more of a punisher class dealing with the manipulation of the our enemies’ minds again.

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

hexes to Mesmers.

Snip

Woah there no need to be aggressive
I can tell you right now Hexes are more important to Mesmers then they are to Necros I gw1

Curses was an attribute devoted to hexes that’s true but there were little for Death Magic and Blood.

Hexes for Mesmers include Ilusion Magic AND domination magic

Illusion:
Clumsiness type hex
Shrinking Armor
Degeneration
Phantom of Pain
Slow hexes
Cast time hexes

Domination:
Umm…. this line is almost devoted straight up for hexes along with interrupts and and over all punisment and frustration

Inspiration:
Energy denying hexes like ether phantom and Ether lord

Even FC had that quickness type hex

Necromancers?
Curses:
Like domination, this line is meant for punish hexes

Blood:
I can’t remember one right now

Death:
All the different biles\ 1 miasma and a zombie esque hex

And Necromancers have things Mesmers didn’t really get unless they dual proffesioned to a wacky build. Conditons and life steal and minions (there were no clones in gw1)

So please, if you’re gonnna tell me that Hexes were more important to Necromancers then show more evidence

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Hidden in Shadows.2783

Hidden in Shadows.2783

Yes, and then in stead give us preparations, like in GW1

Dante.1508

Yes, and then in stead give us preparations, like in GW1

+1 here

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

Ranger – Pet customising (dyes, ribbons, pieces of cloth, armour, ANYTHING to make the pet more personal) or maybe the option to play with the pet in some manner- I know the devourer has a “playful” animation already and I’d just like my pet to acnowledge me more than taking orders. Could make it an in-game item, pet food/toy or something.

And please, please please please make me able to rez my pet again- make it so only the owner can do it and the issues it used to have would be solved, right? Make it a trait if it’s such a problem! I’ll do anything

My quest is to find the dorito.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

If it was a profession that existed in Guild Wars I’d change it to offer the full versatility of the original version including all the skills (even the duplicates) and the readily changeable secondary profession and if there was no original version I’d make it a Ritualist.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Guardian – Let us move while using No. 3 on sword. It’s always been a clunky skill that is just kind of weird. Thus for the same reason Arenanet changed Warriors’ Staggering blow, it sword #3 should be changed.

It needs a Quality of Life change! (Obviously, this would require animation alteration on the floating Asura version, which is the reason I think it’s not been done yet).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Posted by: Spegar.5708

Spegar.5708

Engi: for legendaries to actually be useful. Meaning upgrade to damage and cosmetic to all of our kits.

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

ranger

Make it able to disregard/permanently stow pets, which means the rangers gets a 10% overall stat bonus.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Guardian: CD reduction across the board on utilities and some weapon skills, especially 4/5th slots.

Not for buffing guards, but for a gameplay standpoint.

Warrior’s GS skills (2nd to 5th) have 8, 10, 15, 20 sec CD respectively.
Guard’s GS is 10, 15, 20, 30.

War’s Hammer: 12, 12, 20, 30.
Guard’s Hammer: 5, 15, 25, 40.

War’s Axe/Mace: 6, 10, 15, 25.
Guard’s Sword/Focus: 10, 15, 25, 45.

War’s Shouts(FGJ, SiO, OmM, FearMe): 25, 25, 30, 60.
Guardian’s Shouts (SyG, HtL, Retreat, SY): 30, 35, 60, 60.

And so on. This CD disparity is consistent in almost every weaponsets and utilities. And it’s not like Guard’s skills are that stronger than Warrior’s ones to warrant this difference.

Also, warriors have on every weapon set an additional skill (Burst) with a 10 sec CD (ignoring traits and adrenaline gain rate) – so they have another low CD skill compared to guard, and again anything like weak ones (Eviscerate, Earthshaker).

All of this just makes Guardian feel static and boring to play compared to his heavy armor counterpart.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

(edited by AndrewSX.3794)

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Ranger – Preparations as an alternative to the pet mechanic.

This to the max

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.