What is the coolest city?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ButtercupSaiyan.9457

ButtercupSaiyan.9457

I have a main around level 30 and I’m looking for a good place to level. The Asura city and Lion’s Arch are what I’m most familiar with, but I’d like to get more exploration EXP … sell me on some locations!

Attachments:

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

Hoelbrak, is the coolest of course. ;D

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Divinitys reach. Lots of nooks and crannys and its huuuge! You can even pick up lore titbits from various books and npcs.

My fav city by far

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I like all of them, the one I like the least is ‘The Grove’

‘Ebonhawke’ is a cool city aswell, I like DE can happen in the city, if they release a new X-pack, cities should be able to be (re)taken

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

For me charr starting location cuz it feels like steam punk city and somewhat fallout 3 ish

Kimditcher

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Rata Sum, hands down, for me. I loved the geometric design of it, the shiny ooze made flowers, and the magitech everywhere. Also, the banker/tp/guild stuff, as well as all the crafting stations, are all on the same level. A huge plus in my book.

Also, it’s a giant cube floating over a lake. You just can’t beat that.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Everyone will have their own preference, but really, there is absolutely no reason to not visit and explore every single one one them.

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

I see you already said you went to the asura city, Rata Sum, but it is my favorite. I also want to compliment the screenshot, it’s really nice.

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

Divinity’s Reach is simply the most beatiful and the only city that actually feels like a city.

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Hoelbrak, is the coolest of course. ;D

Icy what you did there. Hoelbrak is my favorite, btw!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I like all the cities for different reasons.

I love the look and feel of the grove. I love the idea of an entire city basically growing out of a tree.

I love the size and scope and feel of Divinity’s Reach. It’s just majestic.

I love the magi-tech feel of Rata Sum and some of the convolusions of exploring it. I love how the levels within it work.

I love how sprawling and huge The Black Citadel is. It really is a marvel. Hard to navigate too, which makes it challenging to fully explore.

But Hoelbrak remains my favorite, because it’s just so simple in design, yet there is much hidden there too. Anyway, it’s the only place you can go to play Keg Brawl. lol

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Divinity’s Reach is my favourite. Design is beautiful, you really get a feeling of grandeur and I love all the lore-hunting opportunities in forms of books and statues.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community