What is your opinion about the chickens?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kosmo.5187

Kosmo.5187

I think there should be more chickens.

How difficult would it be to add some chickens to the home instances? For example, in the Rata Sum home instance, that open area near the portal is a prime place for some chickens. You could gather your harvesting nodes, look at the chickens, then run up and do your quartz crystal conversion. The view from up there would be decent too.

Some of you might be concerned about the chickens suffering mental trauma from never knowing if the ambient killer daily is on or not. Whenever you come through the portal, they’ll wonder if today is indeed their day to die. I’ve thought of a solution for this too. The chickens could be friendly. If I recall correctly, this has been done other places in the game, so why not with these chickens?

Think of the possibilities.

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Doesn’t Lyasa at Fort Salma sing about chickens?

“Chickens peck and chickens munch,
Chickens cluck and chickens crunch,
Chickens flap and chickens croon,
Chickens on the table soon!”

Her cheerfulness while singing that song amusingly contrasts to the nearby moaning of doom and gloom by the adult Quaggan refugees currently staying at Fort Salma.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

I just use my flamethrower and roast them all in towns.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Dying Infinity.4805

Dying Infinity.4805

I think so too. And while we’re at it, make them lay eggs so we can collect them.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Just make sure they are not the same chickens that they have in Ebonhawke…

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Never try to kill the kitten in Ebonhawke … it’s a mistake …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMxLOHPkDQ

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They should add a chicken pet. I’d totally use that.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Chicken mini. Are we sure it doesn’t exist already? (haven’t checked)

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I just use my flamethrower and roast them all in towns.

You should go do this in Ebonhawke, and then fraps it to show us your victory!

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Only the Orrian chicken and baby chick.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

keep your filthy pecking worm eating flammable clocking food rations away from my asura’s home instance! Applied development lab is a lab, not a farm! No chickens in asura home! Or sylvari one for that matter! Charr seem to love eating them (“Meat” or “Meal” named chicken in town of Nageling:) and humans…well they got straw sticking out their boots anyway…Norn? I think they eat bears..for appetizers. But only good chicked for my pointy teethed genius is a fried one!

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

I’ve never attacked the chickens in any map, except Orr. Legend of Zelda traumatized me to never attack them.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Only the Orrian chicken and baby chick.

Only?

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Those chicken vets in Malchors Leap are kitten vicious!

I watched two of them chase some poor guy half way to Wren waypoint and mess him up when they caught him. You can never just fight one or two of them when you stand your ground by the chicken coops. As soon as you hit one the others are on you like stink on poop.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I wish there were chickens in every sPvP home base so Necros could fill up their lifeforce before the match starts.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

Her cheerfulness while singing that song amusingly contrasts to the nearby moaning of doom and gloom by the adult Quaggan refugees currently staying at Fort Salma.

I love that girl! I always stop and listen to her. One of my favorite npcs, such a catchy little tune. And you’re right she’s just so kitten happy about killing those chickens with war going on all around her lol. Cracks me up every time.

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

keep your filthy pecking worm eating flammable clocking food rations away from my asura’s home instance! Applied development lab is a lab, not a farm! No chickens in asura home! Or sylvari one for that matter! Charr seem to love eating them (“Meat” or “Meal” named chicken in town of Nageling:) and humans…well they got straw sticking out their boots anyway…Norn? I think they eat bears..for appetizers. But only good chicked for my pointy teethed genius is a fried one!

You are welcome to keep them from your Assura’s home instance but please do not deny the Sylvari this rich source of nutrients. Chicken guano is excelant for growing healthy plants and as some plants are carnivorous, so it should come as no surprise that some of us Sylvari are not ashamed to admit we can enjoy a chicken or two.

I would add that a few ducks, geese and turkeys would not go a miss, also pheasants could be added but only if their AI was set that they always ran towards the AOE.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I am Norn, I want one giant chicken and respective omelettes. Like a mammoth chicken that likes the freezing cold.

Umm … please.

Victorrific!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Would be pretty cool if they added something useful to the home instance, I agree. We really need Guild Towns though. xD

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

No chickens in asura home!

How about Robot Chickens? It would be very much in-theme for the Asura…

Attachments:

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

No chickens in asura home!

How about Robot Chickens? It would be very much in-theme for the Asura…

Clockwork chickens … I wonder how they taste …

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I’ve never attacked the chickens in any map, except Orr. Legend of Zelda traumatized me to never attack them.

lol. You would appreciate the Ebonhawke breed of chicken, then.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Never try to kill the kitten in Ebonhawke … it’s a mistake …

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMxLOHPkDQ

Once long ago I saw one of the Ebonhawke chickens attacking Fallen Angel Gretel, it was a popcorn worthy event.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I love ambient critters so I welcome all chickens.

I also would like snakes back and I wonder why WvW is the only place ambient kittens are at. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If I absolutely must slaughter chickens for Ambient Killer, I go to the N supply camp in WvW Borderlands. There’s usually small groups of 4 – 5 chickens hanging around the houses. The nearby NPCs don’t ever say anything about me slaughtering their animals either, for some strange reason.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If I absolutely must slaughter chickens for Ambient Killer, I go to the N supply camp in WvW Borderlands. There’s usually small groups of 4 – 5 chickens hanging around the houses. The nearby NPCs don’t ever say anything about me slaughtering their animals either, for some strange reason.

There’s tons of chickens in the town in NW Kessex Hills. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, but that requires a waypoint fee. Travel to WvW is free and at the hours I normally play, queues are non-existent.

Posted by: Kosmo.5187

Kosmo.5187

You don’t want chickens. You think it’s a fowl idea. That’s okay. Everyone has flaws, even severe ones, and I essentially forgive you because you just haven’t understood why chickens yet. It is still positive to see you point out some of the versatility inherent in chickens.

I have an idea that would fit the Asura lab and still allow chickens.

Step 1
There are chickens.

Step 2
One of the chickens is named Unfortunate Krewe Member.

Step 3
Some days when entering the instance, that “chicken” gets zapped by a giant lightning bolt. This makes it grow absolutely huge.

Step 4
Another krewe member comes running to the electrified chicken and says “you’re a big chicken!” while the other chickens are like what? or something. Maybe they pause and drop a little seed they’re eating.

Step 5
The big chicken starts to chase the krewe member around. Eventually he catches him and knocks him back. The big chicken then becomes a vendor (but it’s of course still a big chicken). It sells a giant chicken potion for 100g. That’s quite cheap to become a giant chicken, but chickens are generous. That’s nice.

Step 6
When you drink the potion out in the world, other chickens will follow you. Because you’re big. Chickens like big chickens.

Step 7
If you get 50 chickens to follow you at the same time, there’s an achievement. You get the title King of the Chickens. Or Queen if you’re one of the beautifuls.

Step 8
Once you have the title enabled, some chickens become vendors. Maybe the chickens at home or maybe random chickens. You can then buy chicken themed armor and weapons from them. Maybe you pay with eggs or seeds or gold. Chickens like those.

I think this would make you realize the usefulness of chickens and it would be okay with chickens in Asura labs. If the Asura are smart they will like chickens.

Step 1 is the best step.

Think of the possibilities.

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I love that girl! I always stop and listen to her. One of my favorite npcs, such a catchy little tune. And you’re right she’s just so kitten happy about killing those chickens with war going on all around her lol. Cracks me up every time.

She does seem to hang out in an interesting part of the fort as both Nellie and Caden are close by as well.