What keeps you clockin in to Gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

1. My guild. I love the people I play along side.

2. PVE end game, including the living story content and guild missions.

3. The sheer fun of the game. I find it a great way to blow off steam after work. Lvl 80, full exotics and ascended gear – and I still find myself out doing dynamic event chains in all areas simply because I enjoy them.

4. Holiday events and mini-games.

5. Structured PvP

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

There’s always something new to do (I work a lot so I can only consume the content about as fast as it’s made)

The combat system is very satisfying too.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I log in for 5 minutes at least once every two weeks to see if anything has improved. If not, I log out and play WoW.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

WvW, my guild, and doing things with them. I also have a Fractal weapon skin I still want, and I’d like to finish The Emperor title.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Lions arch Map chat :P

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Other players and only other players. If it were not for them, I would have left what has become my rng nightmare a long time ago.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

s/tpvp, the living story content doesn’t really interest me, i wish more dungeons would be released

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

In no particular order:

Fluid gameplay
Non-linear style with sandboxy elements
Friends, guildies, realmies, best MMO community I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with.
EB JP
Fractals
And the simply gorgeous open world.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Yeah, if this game had a sub, I’d have been gone months ago. It’s fun, but not sub-worthy.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Yeah, if this game had a sub, I’d have been gone months ago. It’s fun, but not sub-worthy.

No game is worth a sub. Subs are rip offs.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

I came back early last month after being away since last October. For a couple weeks I played fairly regularly, 4 to 6 nights a week for 3 or more hours. Then it started to taper off…honestly at this point I log in to see if anyone is on (meaning my friends/guild) and if they aren’t I log off. The Southsun stuff was really “meh” and the dragon bash is worse. I honestly couldn’t give a kitten less about dragon bash, and I think I have completed 2 achievements (the fireworks because I just happened to be leveling a new toon with crafting and the “meet the crew” thing). At this point, I will be quite surprised if I am still playing in two weeks.

Posted by: Ghettoblade.7962

Ghettoblade.7962

I log in to say hey to my guildies..then go play another game.

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

without an end-game i’m running out of things to do. That’s a question I’ve been asking myself for a month now…. maybe it’s just time to go

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

No game is worth a sub. Subs are rip offs.

I disagree entirely. In many respect I would FAR rather have a subscription than a cash shop, and certainly before kitten like the RNG chests. THIS game isn’t worth a sub though and danbuter is completely correct. Any subscription based MMO I have ever played has been completely gutted by going F2P with a cash shop. Currently I have an active subscription to Eve Online (though I use ingame currency to pay for PLEX), DAoC (re-subbed after years away…WvWvW made me really miss good RvR), and TSW.

(edited by Phaedryn.3698)

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

The fact that I can do whatever I want. GW2 imposes little to nothing on its playerbase. There’s no endgame gear treadmill or ever persisting new tiers of gear to get.
I keep coming back, because I can do whatever I feel like at any given time – run a dungeon (even though I need nothing in it), hop in WvW, help new people, do some meta events, level an alt, run some fractals, wander the PvE world talking to people, do something with the guild – and never feel pressure like I HAVE to be trying to play catch up with gears to keep pace with other players.

Posted by: ltkAlpha.4136

ltkAlpha.4136

sheer stubbornness. I have 4 lvl 80s and 2 lvl 22s and the plan was to have 1 lvl 80 per profession. plus, it’s still fun enough to log in every once in a while.

Posted by: PinoTheMike.9803

PinoTheMike.9803

WvWvW

It’s awesome.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Dailies, I’m pretty much on a break from GW2 cause I got tired of the lack of rewarding content, you can only do things for fun for so long before the fun disappears. Dailies get me to log on for 20-30 mins to build my stockpile of laurels which will come in handy when things change enough to peak my interest again.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I log in for 5 minutes at least once every two weeks to see if anything has improved. If not, I log out and play WoW.

And you still feel the need to post even though you’re leaving. It’s funny, I stopped logging into WoW years ago for the same reasons. What a crap game.

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

The forum always says the great thing about gw2 is you can play as much or as little as you want.

So nothing really.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I enjoy playing the game. Isn’t that enough to keep playing?

Posted by: tofuboy.4928

tofuboy.4928

Just playing the game to fill up my idle time…

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Honestly, the reason I log in is the same reason I purchased the game.

I wanted to find something my girlfriend and I could do together. I still enjoy spending time with her a great deal, GW2 on the other hand….it’s testing my patience.

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

I only play because of WvW otherwise I would have quit a long time ago.

Ded gaem

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Over abundance of free time and lack of any other game to play.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Its a great game.

Has its faults.

But a truly great game.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Simply put, it’s the gameplay.

The smoothness and precision of combat, the way it feels just right and rewards skill and a bit of piano-play.

I can’t play Skyrim any more because backstabbing as a thief in GW2 feels much twitchier, more precise and more satisfying. Meleeing in even single player games (not to mention any MMO out there) just doesn’t feel as smooth and clear as in GW2.

I could say it’s world vs world, guildies, the large scale events, the graphics/music, etc, but really it’s just that. It’s the gameplay.

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

And you still feel the need to post even though you’re leaving.

Yup. If updates aren’t going to address any of the multiple issues I have reported on multiple occasions in game (using the report ticket function), then there is no point because they clearly don’t care about improving the game or have zero respect for what I report. I’m willing to allow some slack for their interpretation but they think they are right 100% of the time, much like you. They aren’t out of work so that is no excuse.

(edited by wolfie.7296)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And you still feel the need to post even though you’re leaving.

Yup. If updates aren’t going to address any of the multiple issues I have reported on multiple occasions in game (using the report ticket function), then there is no point because they clearly don’t care about improving the game or have zero respect for what I report. I’m willing to allow some slack for their interpretation but they think they are right 100% of the time, much like you. They aren’t out of work so that is no excuse.

Or maybe you’re simply wrong. I’m not saying you are, I’m just pointing out you might be.

I think you should at least consider that possibility.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No viable competition and the base game still being very good.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wvw keeps me here and of course my guild!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Time together with GW1 and my Guild. It almost feels like I haven’t divorced it yet for the sake of the children

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Exploration.

I’ve yet to hit map completion, jumping puzzle completion, mini-dungeon completion. I turned all of my map icons off, and haven’t used the wiki to find the jumping puzzles of dungeons.

Dungeons.

Doing them with my mates. Equipping level appropriate gear for the dungeons so they aren’t faceroll.

WvW

Roaming, taking supply cams with my mates.

That’s enough for me.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

In no particular order:

Non-linear style with sandboxy elements
Friends, guildies, realmies, best MMO community I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with.

I think we are playing different games.
Gameplay is fluid but class tweaking / balance issues are annoying.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

And you still feel the need to post even though you’re leaving. It’s funny, I stopped logging into WoW years ago for the same reasons. What a crap game.

^^ Same. WoW used to be the kitten, now it is just plain kitten. I’m honestly surprised people still play it regularly. My guess is that people don’t want to leave all of the sweet gear/mounts they’ve accumulated over the last 9 years so they feel forced to stay there and lie to themselves that the game is still good.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

1. Got one more char to level to level 80 and I am doing that together with my Fiancée.
2. Got a few more dungeons to do (Afraid to PUG).
3. Living story.
4. Getting the Achievement’s that are fun to do.
5. sPvP.
6. WvW.
7. The Guild and the other Guild.
8. My friends.
9. Well it’s fun in so many game that exploring and finding new event with all my 7 chars is realy fun.

Someday it will end, but everything has an end.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

WvW all the way

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I just enjoy it……there isn’t much more to it. If I didn’t enjoy the game and the things I do within it, I wouldn’t be logging in every day. I have a blast in this game, whether I am playing with others, or running around solo and doing my own thing. I love this game, and am genuinely enjoying the time I’m logged in for.

I’ve never been that interested in legendary weapons, but there is always something I am saving up for or working towards getting.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Lack of life. I tried it once, the graphics were great, but there was never any sorta rewards, the story sucked and pvp was completely unbalanced.

ROFLMAO, so true.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

For me after 1,000+ hours and playing since day 1, its:-

WvW, I really like it and will keep playing it for years to come off and on, as long as Anet don’t mess it up…

Secondly, laurels, just to equip all my 8 characters…

That’s it really now…

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

im waiting for Wildstar so i log in and i do my daily to buy nothing, and i go play other games, when a new patch is launh i clear the content in a day(more time if the content is looked, like the last ones), thats why i play gw2 right now.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Basically only WvW.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

My guild. We’re still hoping that some of this crap changes for the better, but our patience has definitely been tested these last few months.

Posted by: NightStar.4670

NightStar.4670

I play every day cause I love the game. I’ve been here since beta and totally loved every minute of it! I’ll admit, I did take about a 2-3 month break due to travelling, but now that I’m home every day, I play every day.

The combat feels good, the way combat should feel. Leveling isn’t a grind, and though farming for craft supplies can feel that way. I still do it.
I love trying new strategies on different classes. Hop into PvP for a few rounds, or maybe scout the maps in WvW.
I don’t have as many hours as some players out there, (around 800) but I still play every day. At the very least to get my laurel. Weekends I spend most of my time playing. I just can’t get enough!

I’d also like to mention that I really have a good time with my guild and probably wouldn’t be playing as much without them. Even though the weekends its a ghost town.

Paskal – 80 Asura Thief – Aeon Kleos officer
Meredy Izumi – 80 Human Elementalist [Aeon]
Alruane – 80 Sylvari Ranger [Aeon]

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Absolutely everythign! From the lore to playing with some of the top sPvP players and running around in WvW with some friends. This game is so amazing in my eye’s and it is still such a young game. I just wish everyone could see it like i do.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Living story stuff, generally not the grindy bits either.

Posted by: Sturmruger.3920

Sturmruger.3920

I play GW2 just as a release from the real world. I could care less if there is not enough end game material to keep those who can play 16hrs a day busy. My family plays this as well as EvE Online. If you seek a real end game, get off your couch and go there. GW2 is like Disneyland compared to EvE and I like it that way. GW2 is fun. I love the events and the goofiness that ensues just waiting for a boss to pop. PVP is even fun to me. Im not good at it but its fun. Seems to me the ones that really dont like GW2 are the hardcore raider types. I dont care what game youre talking about, theyre never happy with anything. Every game that has a forum has these “raiders” that whine incessantly about everything. They just want a new shiny. Give them more shiny and theyll still whine.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Dailys and wvw.
if it was not for them i prob quit the game and play something else instead.

I used to love the pve side of it,but now it’s just stupid with the one shot champs.

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

i get the feeling majority of u well under 2k hrs

Nope.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

Posted by: Sturmruger.3920

Sturmruger.3920

i get the feeling majority of u well under 2k hrs

2000 hrs….thats like 83 complete 24 hour days. This game released on August 28th. That roughly works out to like 6-7 hrs a day on average that someone had to play to get that time in. Who has time for that? Me thinks there are bigger problems in their world.