What made me stop playing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think what OP ACTUALLY wants is a sequel to WoW. Same gameplay, same set up, just new graphics and maybe taking place in the future so things are different.

Think about it, OP, think about it….you know that’s what you REALLY want. You want WoW, but not the WoW that’s out now because it’s getting stale. You want a new, fresh WoW, with that new WoW smell. WoW with GW2 graphics.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: stonberg.4198

stonberg.4198

Never mind, now that you have stopped playing Guild Wars 2, you will have plenty of opportunity to level up in English instead. I wish you every success in your new endeavour.

Posted by: Sjadi.6589

Sjadi.6589

I miss world pvp and feeling there was an “enemy” faction like we had in swtor and wow, if this game had this i would deem it perfect, but ey close enough i guess.

Posted by: Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Of course every game will have bugs. My point is, there’s 100 for one class alone ONE HUNDRED for ONE class, that’s rediculous. A “revolutionary” so they claim, mmo would have basic features. Yes since wow came out, I believe they set the standard for basic features. If you can’t see which basic features me or the other posters agree should be in the game well, that’s probably why your still playing andim not.. Also nobody likes dieing while questing? I do. That’s why you make pvp pve or rp servers. If you don’t like dieing while questing because a higher level char beat you up , well as they say. PVP happened on a PVP server. To all of you still playing, I’m glad you can get past the bugs but I for one am done wasting my time. Maybe one day ill be back. Probably not. Like I said before, they don’t even have dueling while waiting for ques and such. You can go online and duel
in Dark Souls kitten

To sum up both my posts: the game has great potential. Its brought a lot of new things to the mmo genre and I applaud them for it. However, the shallow combat, lack of basic features, not just riddled but infested with bugs/cheats/hax, no dueling and no hardcore pve endgame for some is the downfall. So much potential…to me, this game is still in beta, moreso than any other release I’ve come accross

Posted by: Mincsk.6028

Mincsk.6028

@onedoesnotsimply. I feel the same way its the unfinished tools that we are using to play this amazing game. Engi kits do not get weapon stats/ turrets are underwhelming and ignored. The horrible necro bugs and class confusion/ ranger underwhelming skills and traits to name a few. Also I’d add the lack of skills/spells to use at any given time. Please more utility slots please please. D3 imo failed because of this like going backwards in time.

Posted by: Sabbathius.1465

Sabbathius.1465

- Open World PVP – Yet another thing which blasted WoW to the unreachable top where it is for many years. To some this may seem unnecessary, the fear of getting killed at any one moment and that’s ok – there were servers with PVP Off.

Agreed. One of the biggest downfalls of GW2, if you ask me. Huge mistake. HUGE.

I think back to WoW and having to do my warlock pet quest at level 30. For those who don’t know, it sent you halfway across the world and into enemy territory (Thousand Needles for Alliance, Southshore for Horde). Try doing a quest inside a cave full of hostile centaurs that is a spitting distance away from the Horde outpost. Yeah, it’s nail-biting. Possibility of griefing? Yeah, I suppose. But also very, very memorable and a major accomplishment when finished.

Similarly, druid aquatic form quest. No quest markers. Vague clues. Took me days to get it done. It also sends you halfway across the game world, and once again into hostile territory. And the game had no fast travel. You had to travel across multiple PvP-enabled zones, dodging enemies and NPCs and hostile towns. You had to take a boat ride, where you were PvP-enabled and vulnerable. And this is level 20 content!

Really nothing I experienced in GW2 comes even close to the “epic” feel of that journey.

Posted by: Sabbathius.1465

Sabbathius.1465

I miss world pvp and feeling there was an “enemy” faction like we had in swtor and wow, if this game had this i would deem it perfect, but ey close enough i guess.

I would settle for “enemy” guild faction. Similar to what Tera did. That is, allow your guild to declare war on another guild, and then you’d be mutually PvP-enabled anywhere (except possibly capital cities, though in WoW you would remain PvP-flagged even in capital for 5 mins after entering, only sanctuaries were secure, and last I played there was only one in the whole game).

You know, as in GUILD WARS? Wars? Between Guilds? In a game called “Guild Wars”? Or does that make too much sense?

Posted by: Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Don’t forget the shaman water totem quest brah. That was epic in itself, even with ghost wolf ^^ epic quests were epic.

As someone said earlier, games are too hand holding now.

Posted by: Sjadi.6589

Sjadi.6589

You know, as in GUILD WARS? Wars? Between Guilds? In a game called “Guild Wars”? Or does that make too much sense?

Why this attitude? And yeah what ur talking about sounds awsome, even better than world pvp, makes us able to forge alliances with other guilds and make bonds in other ways. Do you know if they have anything planned like what ur talking about?

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

After carefully reading your points I can honestly say this game is not for you.
And it sounds to me like there is another game that may suit your needs.