What's Your Favorite JP So Far?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I was told about an easy jp to do for the monthly (simply hop over the laser fence and you got it) but when i went further in i found a really neat looking JP and since it was asura architecture that was a definite plus for me.

This got me to thinking since JP is part of the monthly achievement it’d be neat to know other players favorite JP and for them to post it up with location of where it’s at so others can enjoy it them too. Admittedly I’ve seen some that were simply awesome but I really enjoyed the look of this one. Asura Architecture rules.

So far my favorite, so far, would have to be: Hexfoundry Unhinged
located in sparkfly using Darkweather Waypoint it is just south and slightly east. The asuran lab. Beware of ravenous turtles and there’s even a risen quaggon begging for your b…brrrr……briaaaanns! (I know bad joke) ;o)

So what’s your favorite JP so far?

Attachments:

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

All of the ones that don’t impose a time limit or arbitrarily kill me with falling rocks near the end after 20 minutes of frustrating jumping.

Giant destroyer and lack of functional chest (when I did it) aside, I liked Only Zuhl.
Very nice to go down instead of up for a change.

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

There is one with asura tech and lava that is very cool.

Also the griffon roost one is pretty, though last I did it there was a bug so you couldn’t get the chest.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

There is one with asura tech and lava that is very cool.

Also the griffon roost one is pretty, though last I did it there was a bug so you couldn’t get the chest.

You need to carry the bomb the npc has at the very start of the puzzle in order to open the chest.

My favorite JP would be the one in Eternal Battlegrounds (though it’s a lot more fun without the constant camping)

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Golden

I haven’t tried it since like October. Back then it was bugged, they wouldn’t give you the bomb at all. Glad to hear it has been fixed.

Posted by: Suile.7849

Suile.7849

My favourite is another Asura one, Goemm’s Lab in Metrica Province. It has a nice mechanic, it’s challenging but achievable and it’s just an exciting puzzle to do, situated as it is way up in the sky. You reach it by heading south from Cuatl Waypoint and looking out for the opening in the rocks to your left.
My close second is probably Griffenrook Run in Lornar’s Pass, simply because it’s so difficult. You find that one by by going through a very small gap underwater north-west of the “F” in False Lake.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Obsidian sanctum, simply because it throws the completely unpredictable element of other players at you.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Obsidian Sanctum also, the one in metrica province I enjoyed too

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Lord Kreegan.8123

Lord Kreegan.8123

None of the above… I hate jumping puzzles.

If I wanted to play Super Mario Brothers, I’d play Super Mario Brothers.

The biggest problem with the jumping puzzles is the camera; too often, you can’t control it to see where you have to jump because the camera has a mind of its own. The second problem with the jumping puzzles is that you need to be somewhere back from the puzzle to see where you need to jump to begin with, but ANet likes to stick the stupid puzzles in the middle of high density mob areas.

Add to that the fact that PC controls aren’t exactly tuned for that sort of thing; i.e., you don’t always jumpt when you push the controls to jump; and you’ve got a messy mechanic in the game.

Super Mario Brothers with bifocals and a limp…

Posted by: pkilla.2534

pkilla.2534

Lord Kreegan, where can I find “none of the above?” In the Belongs-in-another-thread Province?

OP to answer your question: the LA pirate one!

(edited by pkilla.2534)

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

spekks laboratory so far. Still have a few more to do before I have seen them all

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I like the one with the four elements. Big tree in the centre. It’s in Mount Maelstrom.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

so what’s my favorite Jumping Puzzle?

None of them. I hate the darn things. Arcade and Console gaming garbage. If the rest of GW2 wasn’t so good I would have uninstalled the game by now.

Yes that was a serious reply. I hate them.

Love the rest of GW2.

stumble stumble crawl crawl

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

So many people just can’t contain themselves they have to crap on threads.

What’s your favorite jump puzzle =/= come tell us about how you hate jump puzzles.

Mine by far (so far) is Goemm’s Lab in Metrica Province.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

most definitely Clocktower in terms of a challenge

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I liked the Clocktower the most. I ran it probably 50 times, and at least 30 of those were simply for fun.

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

I love the Jumping Puzzles. I’ve done all of them. It’s the best PvE in Guild Wars 2. The Mad King’ s Clock tower is my favorite.

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

Coddler’s Cove. I was awed at how much detail they put into the environment for an out-of-the way thing that a lot of players will never see. The coddler’s songs the and baby quaggans who resurrect you if you fall are awesome touches. It’s say it’s just about the right length and level of challenge as well.

The pirate one in LA is really fun too. The voiceovers make me chuckle out loud every time. Poor dead pirate dude.

Posted by: Aaron Cameron.4023

Aaron Cameron.4023

Mad King’s Clock tower

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

I like the one with the four elements. Big tree in the centre. It’s in Mount Maelstrom.

The Hidden Garden JP is also my favorite. The sense of scale is amazing.

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/gw2-hidden-garden-mount-maelstrom-jumping-puzzle-guide/

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I’m still working my way through many of them for my monthly, so there’s quite a few I haven’t seen yet.

But so far, I liked the Hidden Garden quite a bit. The Griffonrook was very frustrating for me, after 30 or so tries, I just ran through for the discovery without the bomb.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

It’s the one i didn’t find yet.

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

i) Coddler’s Cove – good for familiarizing different jump distances;

ii) Stepping Stones – imo the initial (timed) part is superior to Clocktower;

iii) Weyandt’s Revenge – just for the corny jokes XD

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

(edited by loneknight.8425)

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

nice keep it up gonna try a lot of these before months end. If you can remember try to put in the waypoints closest to the JP or possibly the name. And pics are always nice of you at your favorite one, so far that is. ^^

Just did a tour of Fields of Ruin and did the JP there Branded Mine south of verims run. It shook on occasion and dropped rocks. Was fun. :o)

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Anything Asuran is my favourite.

I love jumping puzzles, feel like I’m actually exploring – specially with my guild

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Dierdre’s steps (Mount Maelstrom), Goemm’s lab (Metrica province), and that one in Malchor’s Leap with the 13 keys, basically I like the big, multi-part ones, that aren’t so much linear jumping from a to b. I was a little bit frustrated with searching for all the keys because it took a long while, but it was satisfying at the end, plus, who would have thought an underground area like that would be so haunting, props to Arenanet’s artists.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I miss my clocktower

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

The biggest problem with the jumping puzzles is the camera; too often, you can’t control it to see where you have to jump because the camera has a mind of its own. The second problem with the jumping puzzles is that you need to be somewhere back from the puzzle to see where you need to jump to begin with, but ANet likes to stick the stupid puzzles in the middle of high density mob areas.

Add to that the fact that PC controls aren’t exactly tuned for that sort of thing; i.e., you don’t always jumpt when you push the controls to jump; and you’ve got a messy mechanic in the game.

Super Mario Brothers with bifocals and a limp…

Are you using/able to use right click to control the camera? I found that makes things a lot easier when I started doing pumping juzzles.

I’ve a lot of fondness for Skipping Stones; I started playing after all of the jumping puzzles had been mastered by folk, and I had a lot of fun from attempting this one with a bunch of strangers on the night of its unveiling. This was also the first one I’d attempted to cause me significant trouble, and finishing it gave me warm fuzzies.

I also teamed up with a bunch of level 80s (I was ~60) to take out the Champion Reef Rider at the end and it was all nice and good times.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

My favorite would have to probably be either of the holiday ones, just because of the flavor to them. Both seemed hard the first couple of tries, but with persistence you get the hang of them. Other than those, just about any of them are, for the most part, fun.

I can definitely say the Dark Reverie one is not it. I REALLY HATE that one (only because of that slanted mushroom jump). God how I hate that one.
(second would be either of the WvW one, just because you can be screwed over by kittens from the other two servers.)

I’m still working my way through many of them for my monthly, so there’s quite a few I haven’t seen yet.

But so far, I liked the Hidden Garden quite a bit. The Griffonrook was very frustrating for me, after 30 or so tries, I just ran through for the discovery without the bomb.

Same here. I forgot about Griffonrook. I did about the same thing (though I tried less times before just running it for the achievement).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)