What species would you truly play?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I have come across many who wish Tengu becomes a playable race. Honestly, since I lack that whole avian spirit… I wouldn’t much care to see that. However… I would totally play Djinn if that was made a playable race, and even more so than that, since I’m a girl in all… I’d play a faerie too! Would GWs ever introduce Faeries into the game… or… Djinn… or, oooohhh! Brownies! I’d totally play a brownie!

Whatcha think?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

not quaggans that’s for sure

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Largos. Not much is really known about them, so my vote goes to them.

May your steps be relentless.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Mursaat
My favorite race in GW

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Largos are quite faerie imo

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

grawl
ugg make smash

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Hylek
Praise the sun.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Elins!

Oh sorry, wrong game :P

But yes, some more elegant creatures – faeries, proper antropomorphic cats – would be a nice way to attract people who prefer cuteness over brutality. And yes again, I agree it’s GW and not a Korean grinder and they would be out of place in this game. /sob

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

All kinds of games have Cat People or Dog People. Let’s branch out a bit.

Fox People. That’s right, make Kitsunes a playable race! They’ll fit in nice and good in Cantha!

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

All kinds of games have Cat People or Dog People. Let’s branch out a bit.

Fox People. That’s right, make Kitsunes a playable race! They’ll fit in nice and good in Cantha!

Yes, please! I will be the first one to make a red-haired one named Holo. Who cares she’s a wolf anyway!

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Skritt!
you may think I’d be a thief, but you’d be wrong. Mesmer Skritt!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Fox People.

But what would you say?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Vexander.9850

Fox People.

But what would you say?

Yip.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Hylek
Praise the sun.

Hylek all day every day.

Also dredge.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Ogre

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Anything that isn’t human.

But I’d definitely prefer a race that would have a ton of customization. It’s one of the reasons why I want Tengu so badly. There are so many different types of birds we could get to play.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

Sylvari that can access all kinds of racial armor. Because… all of them are leaves, basicly.

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Largos / Skritt

http://youtu.be/WYs2DTos6M4

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Honestly…….I think Sylvari would still keep calling me back.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

When you look at customization options, the current armor choices and how Anet handles armor for other races : I won’t play any new races, except maybe for an achievement. I already have trouble accepting a fully clothed Charr, but I find a fully clothed tengu with a skirt even more ridiculous.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d gladly play just about any non-human race. Skritt and Quaggan are really the only two non-human races I definitely wouldn’t play (not that there’s much chance of either of those happening anyway).

My top 2 most wanted are Tengu and Largos.

I always go for the non-human races in my fantasy games. I get enough humans in real life.

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

Personally I wouldn’t class those as proper anthropomorphs. They’re more like humans with cat ears and tails, than cats with human qualities. The Charr seem more proper to me personally. (I want to emphasise “personally” so I don’t come off as being rude, or attacking.)

I dislike how in many games, and movies the non-human races often look just like humans with subtle changes, for example races in Star Trek.
The sylvari are an exception since in the lore, somewhere, I think it says they were modeled after humans since a human planted the seed.

I’d like to see more playable races that are like the charr and asura; in that they have very different physical forms whilst still having anthropomorphic qualities such as being bipedal and dexterous, because if they weren’t they would be unplayable. I’d also prefer we keep to already existing races for now, such as Tengu and Skritt.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Elder Dragon. Racial skills:
Tier 1: Add Ketchup
Tier 2: Corrupt Into Pet
Tier 3: Devour Whole

Okay, jokes aside… Skritt, Tengu, or a remnant of the non-Elder dragons. Maybe humanoid for that last one, maybe not.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Vexander.9850

I dislike how in many games, and movies the non-human races often look just like humans with subtle changes, for example races in Star Trek.

A little off topic, but there’s an in-universe explanation for that. There was a parent race which was alone in the Galaxy (no other species looked like them) so they seeded the primordial seas of countless worlds across the Galaxy, which is why so many races in the Galaxy bear a resemblance to humans.

Back on topic, I think it’d be easier for the developers to add races that have a similar build to humans. Certainly in terms of gear, its much simpler. They just have to stretch the textures on Norn, but Humans and Sylvari have pretty much the same stuff. Charr and Asura need something more custom in terms of gear design.

Also, to be honest, I’d probably play a Charr if we had the Upright option that we saw from Charr in the first game. I’ve never been a fan of the, ‘Hunchback of Notre Dame,’ type races in MMOs. It’s what kept me from playing Horde races in World of Warcraft until Blood Elves were added.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

How about an underwater race with reversed water/land weapons? (I.e. lots of underwater weapons, but only two land weapons.)

People seem to like Largos, but they seem too one-dimensional to me. A Largos joining the Priory? Don’t see it.

Tengu seem a likely candidate, but I’m not too sure about how they’d use existing armor sets.

I’m surprised nobody suggests a variant human (Canthan, etc.), possibly with a new profession. The advantage would be obvious – all existing human armor already works.

Vexander.9850

How about an underwater race with reversed water/land weapons? (I.e. lots of underwater weapons, but only two land weapons.)

People seem to like Largos, but they seem too one-dimensional to me. A Largos joining the Priory? Don’t see it.

Tengu seem a likely candidate, but I’m not too sure about how they’d use existing armor sets.

I’m surprised nobody suggests a variant human (Canthan, etc.), possibly with a new profession. The advantage would be obvious – all existing human armor already works.

I’d rather they’d just add additional Canthan and Elonan facial and hair options to the humans than to make a second playable human option in the race selection screen. Heck, even without Cantha and Elona being open I’d like to see that.

I suspect Tengu would probably have similar armor design to Charr… they seem to have a similar skeleton, so adding armor for them probably wouldn’t be -too- difficult. Mostly just a change to helmets, I would suspect.

Largos would be an interesting race, but before they’re added, I’d want to see a revamp to underwater combat, a way to make it… better. Underwater controls in just about any game that isn’t Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask tend to be an obstacle, and its the same way in GW2. There are only a handful of classes who can do well in underwater combat in my opinion, Thief being the best of them.

Additional underwater weapons would be very useful, so at least every class has -1- weapon (or attunement for Elementalists) that gives them a strong ability to survive and thrive in underwater combat. Maybe add some new equipment like Diving Tanks and Flippers to help with movement in the water. It needs to be faster.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

The only ones that appeal to me are the Largos. Since Largos are (I think) primarily aquatic, it’d be cool to see their main city (the Tethyos Houses?) as an underwater major city. Water combat though would have to be revamped and rebalanced a bit if an entire species is supposed to be aquatic.

I don’t like Tengu because the xenophobic nonsense has been overdone in this lore, with the Stone Summit, the Canthans and the Dredge. Plus I don’t like bird people; I can barely tolerate Charr as it is :p

I wish the Dwarves could be brought back from extinction/petrification…they had some cool lore and could make for valuable allies against the other Dragons. Plus I’d totally fight with them to reclaim the Southern Shiverpeaks and Sorrow’s Furnace from the Inquest and Dredge.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

I’m surprised no one mentioned the kodan…

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Definitely Largos, I’m secluded and enjoy a fascinating hunt. Though I wouldn’t have fins/wings though.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I would play either a dwarf or a Kodan. Although, I would greatly prefer the Kodan.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I would play a Largos.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

That would be just about the most anti-climactic thing ever.

Hey guys, we’re adding a brand new playable race to the game! Ooh, ahh. What could it be? Excited yet? We’re proud to announce…. drumroll

HUMANS WITH SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FACES AND A DIFFERENT SKIN COLOR! That’s right, humans! No, you’re not imagining things, we’re going completely crazy adding something to revolutionary as HUMANS! What’s that, you can already make humans with different faces and varying skin tones? Nah, these humans have slanted eyes and a choice of skin tones that’s 2 shades off of what the normal humans have! Yes, you heard right, we went the extra distance with skin tones, its not just 1 shade but 2 shades difference!

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Death to all non-humans!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Tengu would be a perfect race with a great potential. Faces could resemble different kind of birds and you could choose a feather pattern similar to charr.
I don’t really understand the obsession with Kodan. They are just armored bears and plenty of other games pulled that off already.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Horses, just because I wish there were horses so not eveyone had to walk.

This game needs some advanced non-pedestrial transportation without paying for those Asura WPs.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Kodan, I wanna be a polar bear!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Kodan would be my first choice.

Tengu my second one, and most realistic one since they already have space for their home city close to low level zones (Kodan would need a new city and low level areas to play in)

Lastly largos… but not because I like the race (I like it as NPCs, but not as playable), but because I’d like to see one wearing this colored in hot pink..

http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?color=10&sex=0&race=2&w=1&skinID=featheri&lang=en

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Largos, Tengu and Kodan. Kodan naming conventions are the BEST.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m surprised no one mentioned the kodan…

I didn’t get to the thread fast enough

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Lyanna.9875

Lyanna.9875

Largos & Kodan absolutely _!
Also Quaggan

I don’t like the Tengu very much…

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Human. Nothing else.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Dwarves definitely, although I appreciate that will probably never happen
Hylek – I like their animations

Not a fan of Tengu myself. Would rather play an ooze!

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i would have loved to play a margonite. that, however, will never happen.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

(…)
The sylvari are an exception since in the lore, somewhere, I think it says they were modeled after humans since a human planted the seed.(…)

Are you sure about that? First time I’ve heard this, and you have Sylvari from another Tree which likely wasn’t planted by a human and he looks just the same.

(…)

That would be even worst than the races on SWTOR where they basically just throw in a face paint.
Besides, lore wise, there’s nothing stopping you from playing a character that run away from Cantha, when ascended trinkets were introduced some came with flavour text that hint they were smuggled out of Cantha.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

My standard offer. $100, no questions asked, for playable centaurs.

Their racial skills just about write themselves from the unique animations already in game. The hit box can focus on the front end. All upper-body animations are already in place. Hide leg armor. Foot armor can be adapted from existing open-toed/open hooved versions used by the Charr. Bonus points for a new starter zone immediately east of Divinities Reach but not strictly required.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Tengu.

I would actually very likely give up playing my human main to play a Tengu.

Mind you I do like Skritt.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Tengu or Grawl.

GW universe races would also include the Djinn, Wardens of Echovald. I’d even go for Naga. Naga vs Krait FIGHT!

Yeti could be cool. Oni would be sweet. Any of the demons would also be sweet.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Largos.

Not Quaggan nor Tengu.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Tengu. Kodan if there was scope for personalisation.

I’d like to play a quaggan, especially if they went into rage form when they withdrew their weapons. But that seems optimistic