What the Orr.....

What the Orr.....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brassbolt.7164

Brassbolt.7164

Any future plans to do something about this zone? Orr…..hardly anyone there, mobs out the ying yang….can’t reach any point without struggling.

Temples? Exotic armors? Good luck…..It’s like defending Helms deep by yourself.

Help facilitate an enjoyable experience! Be nice to others!

What the Orr.....

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

What, you’re not happy with the endgame?

What the Orr.....

Brassbolt.7164

Has nothing to do with “endgame” genius. It’s about being able to even get things done ….nothing about the temples is designed for solo play. The point is no one is around to even retake them.

That’s the gripe. Either needs a nerf or a reason to bring others back.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Has nothing to do with “endgame” genius. It’s about being able to even get things done ….nothing about the temples is designed for solo play. The point is no one is around to even retake them.

You’re missing his rather sarcastic point. These areas are supposed to be the end-game, but due to the constant CC spam and general annoyance of them, they’re dead.

No-ones happy with the “end-game” as it is.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

What the Orr.....

Brassbolt.7164

Then I apologize for missing the sarcasm, as the annoyance level I have right now with Orr is causing verbal backlash on my part. It’s a bit absurd in this zone.

What the Orr.....

PowerCat.5738

You’re missing his rather sarcastic point. These areas are supposed to be the end-game, but due to the constant CC spam and general annoyance of them, they’re dead.

No-ones happy with the “end-game” as it is.

I’m glad at least you understood

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I like Orr. I like the concept of Orr. I would like to see more people around though…
There should be “Orr Offensive” meta events, giving extra whatever.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

I have to add something to this.. I understand Orr was made to be like a pure No-Safe Zone Battlefield.. and it is! First few months of Guild Wars 2 showed me and I enjoyed all the huge groups of both NPC and Players doing their part to unlock Arah.. but then of course, it just became event grinding and farming for karma and loot..

How could one bring this back? When you hit high level, you have to have a goal for something.. I know dungeons and WvW and legendaries and all.. but a place that truly is a place players -want- to go too where there is all out fighting and enjoying the real -war- of the game. This is ORR! Elder Dragon territory.. the events are amazing but no one wants to do so.. perhaps the Temple events should be worked on? More loot.. higher chance of loot? More Exp and Karma reward with more fun mechanics? Perhaps a gain in bonuses will bring back the teamwork and goals that people actually want to battle the Risen Priests of the Temples and defend settlements?

Who knows, this could just be me… the land itself is amazing but I can understand people tend to get a bit bored of the same events and such.. perhaps that is what needs to be looked at? I hope future content for high level players don’t become like what Orr is.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I don’t mind the general theme of Orr.

I quite like it.

What I can’t stand is all the CC-spam from the enemies.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

What the Orr.....

PowerCat.5738

I quite like it.

That was arenanet’s way of making the zone challenging. I mean it’s so easy to run through mobs when they don’t CC, that’d be the only thing preventing you from getting around fast.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I like Orr. I like the concept of Orr. I would like to see more people around though…
There should be “Orr Offensive” meta events, giving extra whatever.

I personally would like to see more DE’s to take key areas (temples) where the NPC’s are not totally useless. If we are driven to take areas to get to the karma venders etc. why in Grenth’s name can’t the npcs scale in relation to the amount of players in the area as the enemies do? This would make these events seem to the player to be more of a push to the objective and less of a babysitting assignment where you spend more time rezzing he npc’s than you do being heroic.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

I quite like it.

That was arenanet’s way of making the zone challenging. I mean it’s so easy to run through mobs when they don’t CC, that’d be the only thing preventing you from getting around fast.

Stun locking isn’t challenging.
It’s lazy design, because the content designer can’t come up with better ways to challenge you. Seriously can you imagine an entire game, not just one area. That all the challenge was is just stun locks left, and right? Also imagine that you get abilities to negate the Stunlock, but you can only use once every 20 seconds while there are 4 mobs on you. Did I mention you can dodge? Well you can’t dodge, because you’re getting knocked down right when you stand back up by another mob.
Imagine that for entire a game, and not just Orr

Yeah, that sounds like a fun game.
This “Challenging end game content”. It’s lazy content design, and people seem to be okay with it. I am not okay with it. They need to remake their mobs, and stop with this all. “CC game play” in PvE. It’s not hard it’s frustrating for most players.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I said this in another thread but i think they should redesign Orr so the water from the Source of Orr has spread throughout the land and healed it.

The land is now 80% healed, the water and oceans surrounding the land are completely healed, Hearts have been added all over the three maps, new dynamic events, Arah dungeon revamped to match the updated story (perhaps Trahearne go’s insane and tries to bring Zhaitan back to life so we have to kill Trahearne in the dungeon haha).

Considering all three of Orr’s zones are dead, no one plays there, every waypoint is contested, and people complain there is lack of end game, revamp Orr, give it life again, fix its current problems and make people love going there.

What the Orr.....

Strikerjolt.5910

I said this in another thread but i think they should redesign Orr so the water from the Source of Orr has spread throughout the land and healed it.

The land is now 80% healed, the water and oceans surrounding the land are completely healed, Hearts have been added all over the three maps, new dynamic events, Arah dungeon revamped to match the updated story (perhaps Trahearne go’s insane and tries to bring Zhaitan back to life so we have to kill Trahearne in the dungeon haha).

Considering all three of Orr’s zones are dead, no one plays there, every waypoint is contested, and people complain there is lack of end game, revamp Orr, give it life again, fix its current problems and make people love going there.

I like Orr as it is. If they want to re-design it a little I am all for it, but don’t change the concept of Orr, because then it will be really weird lore wise/story line wise.

They just need to fix the CC mobs that can stun lock you constantly.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

they will look at it at some point… so between now and 2014.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Orr is fine. Lack of players in the area is the problem. It was all fine till the kitten fractals were added…

What the Orr.....

Strikerjolt.5910

Orr is fine. Lack of players in the area is the problem. It was all fine till the kitten fractals were added…

Um what?
No it’s not. I don’t know what server you’re on, but not on mine.

Orr was completely dead even before Fractals.

So either you’re lying, or your server is completely different than mine.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Arah is always uncontested on TC, Orr is a pain, but whats stopping you from joining a guild and asking for assistance? Or checking gw2lfg.com for other players to play with there?

I would a smaller population of mobs to spawn in orr since its a bit much, and doesnt require any real skill to navigate just more of a nuisance

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I can’t stand Orr, myself. It’s basically just a boring, barren, maze-like zone where you can’t spread your arms out and spin around without hitting three mobs. To me, if feels like a very un-GW2 kind of place, where everything is a hassle — champions all over the place, mobs that seem to respawn within tens of seconds — and almost a requirement to put raids together in order to complete major objectives before all your work disappears in the blink of an eye.

I spent a fair amount of time at the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance in Malchor’s Leap today. It was a headache, but with some luck and a few close calls, I found I was actually able to take two of the three surrounding points necessary to gain access to the center. However, after I secured the second point, I found out that the first one got destroyed while I was gone. Basically, what I learned was: unless you have a large group who will coordinate to take all three points simultaneously, don’t even bother with the place. Of course, no one is around there anyhow — heck, I didn’t even want to be there. I was just there because I need it for my crazy dream of one day attaining 100% world completion. It’s pretty aggravating, thinking that I may never get there, because of this one place.

If I had my way, progress in Orr would be at least a little more permanent. For example, let’s say one you claim a camp or some other point, it’s safe for the day, or half a day, or even a few hours, depending what it is. Maybe some of the points could provide realm perks, similar to the keeps and towers in WvW — I’ll bet that would get more players into Orr on a regular basis.

I can only speak for myself, but when it comes to Orr, I only want to go in, grab the zone completion, and get out. There’s no reason for me to stick around there, nor would I expect anyone else to. I don’t like being there, it’s not fun, it’s not nice to look at, and it’s annoying.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Orr is annoying, that’s why people don’t bother with it. Like they said, the CC spam sucks and if this is meant to be end-game they should boost rewards and such from playing in it and streamline the process of getting into it so people don’t just run around aimlessly, get annoyed, and leave.

What the Orr.....

Strikerjolt.5910

I can’t stand Orr, myself. It’s basically just a boring, barren, maze-like zone where you can’t spread your arms out and spin around without hitting three mobs. To me, if feels like a very un-GW2 kind of place, where everything is a hassle — champions all over the place, mobs that seem to respawn within tens of seconds — and almost a requirement to put raids together in order to complete major objectives before all your work disappears in the blink of an eye.

I spent a fair amount of time at the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance in Malchor’s Leap today. It was a headache, but with some luck and a few close calls, I found I was actually able to take two of the three surrounding points necessary to gain access to the center. However, after I secured the second point, I found out that the first one got destroyed while I was gone. Basically, what I learned was: unless you have a large group who will coordinate to take all three points simultaneously, don’t even bother with the place. Of course, no one is around there anyhow — heck, I didn’t even want to be there. I was just there because I need it for my crazy dream of one day attaining 100% world completion. It’s pretty aggravating, thinking that I may never get there, because of this one place.

If I had my way, progress in Orr would be at least a little more permanent. For example, let’s say one you claim a camp or some other point, it’s safe for the day, or half a day, or even a few hours, depending what it is. Maybe some of the points could provide realm perks, similar to the keeps and towers in WvW — I’ll bet that would get more players into Orr on a regular basis.

I can only speak for myself, but when it comes to Orr, I only want to go in, grab the zone completion, and get out. There’s no reason for me to stick around there, nor would I expect anyone else to. I don’t like being there, it’s not fun, it’s not nice to look at, and it’s annoying.

Holy crap. You’re idea for giving perks for keeping the shores complete is brilliant! It would make “War zones” a lot more meaningful, and it would make me stay in Orr, and grant whatever perks it may bring.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Allowing achievements in Orr to last longer would certainly help the frustration level in the zones – combinations of a low playerbase, seemingly high respawn rate and the results of a successful DE being fairly quick to overturn can be irritating. I like the zone because I have to play well to get by and I’m not a great player to begin with, but for the apparent zone rewards to last as long as they do is a shame. If a group of people clear out a temple for the benefit of other players who want to grind or grab karma gear, said players should get a decent window to actually claim that benefit. ‘2-4 hours’ (from the gw2 wiki) is not a long time when you’ve other things vying for your attentions.

A lot of Orr is about momentum. A well-organised group can push a path through the DEs and make substantial headway, which in turn opens the route for other players. But if that momentum is stalled, as is often the case when the people in your group aren’t numerous, you can be easily pushed back again. While this isn’t exactly a waste of your time because of the loot and exp you pick up, I’m not convinced that it’s easily considered fun gameplay. Challenges can be overcome, but if being beaten is inevitable (and seeing your progress dwindle fairly swiftly is very common), it’s tough for people to work up the enthusiasm. With so much riding on that progress – from spawns, to vendors, to making the waypoints uncontested for other players (and to serve as a resupply point for any of your own group), it feels more of an uphill struggle than I think it was intended to be.

Behold: Opinions!

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

It was a decent and happening place pre nov 15. Plinx and shelt/pen ran on a good timer and the temples where fun to do.
Then the 15th happened and they nerfed plinx and more importantly they killed open world loot. Before I got 4-5 rares for a run now I get 0 and all zones are like this.

The best loot and gear is in the fracs and on top of that Karma as well (plinx use to be good) so everyone stays in LA doing fracs.
Why go out and do DEs when you dont get rewarded the same as a dungeon runner?
I still try cause I dont like dungeons. But that is the main reason for me.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Holy crap. You’re idea for giving perks for keeping the shores complete is brilliant! It would make “War zones” a lot more meaningful, and it would make me stay in Orr, and grant whatever perks it may bring.

Yep. Perhaps tie it into guild and/or order, so that your membership means something. Perhaps they could put a tooltip indicator on waypoints and such with a progress bar. The higher it gets the closer the waypoint is to being overrun, and spending time in the area clearing out mobs and doing events will drop the bar back down while building up a perk of some kind for you and your fellows.

(edited by digiowl.9620)

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

I quite like it.

It’s really utterly stupid. And then some will say, just get anti-CC utilities…
That doesn’t fix the problem. Spamming movement impairing abilities isn’t close to being a challenge, it just give them more chance to swarm you, meaning, it’s meant to cover up the lazy design that went into the enemies. And without CC, they fall flat, because they just hit and stun/pull/knockback/etc. you and they have nothing more. You can easily take a few of these guys down, because they’re a joke.

No, the enemies need to be redesigned, they need to have interesting abilities that make them tough out of what they can do.
I think it would be great if there were a lot of trash mobs to keep with the whole ‘behind enemy lines’ feel, all of them quite ‘soloable’. Then there should be scattered single tough mobs with good, strong abilities and interesting fight mechanics, whom drop good loot and have other incentives to kill. CC should be minimal, one mob type at most. The enemies should be tough for what they can do, not for the fact that they can keep you locked into one spot for a long time.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

What the Orr.....

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It’s really utterly stupid. And then some will say, just get anti-CC utilities…
That doesn’t fix the problem. Spamming movement impairing abilities isn’t close to being a challenge, it just give them more chance to swarm you, meaning, it’s meant to cover up the lazy design that went into the enemies. And without CC, they fall flat, because they just hit and stun/pull/knockback/etc. you and they have nothing more. You can easily take a few of these guys down, because they’re a joke.

No, the enemies need to be redesigned, they need to have interesting abilities that make them tough out of what they can do. I think it would be great if there were a lot of trash mobs to keep with the whole ‘behind enemy lines’ feel, and there should be a lot of single tough mobs with good, strong abilities and interesting fight mechanics. CC should be minimal, one mob type at most. The enemies should be tough for what they can do, not for the fact that they can keep you locked into one spot for a long time.

I don’t see the problem with Orr. Just dodge the pulls/immobilizes and run away. They hardly spam those CC moves but they tend to use them as their first skill which is then predictable and so easy to avoid with a dodge.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

It’s time to change Orr once and for all.

There’s no sense in so many Risen, while their master is gone. Let’s just officialy anounce that Zhaitan is defeated and clear up the zone a little.

EU Aurora Glade

What the Orr.....

Posted by: kendokken.3257

kendokken.3257

People play games to be entertained. But they will, as any previous MMO has tought us, do the most kitten and boring things for the best gear, even if they hate doing it. (and just FYI that is bad game design because players eventually get sick of being forced to do crap that they hate just to get the best in slot gear)

Sadly Orr zones have neither of these. It’s the complete opposite of fun and the rewards are total crap on top of that. In point of fact this can be said about any champ fight, dragons and most of the rest of the game except fractals, which still are not fun but at least have the loot still (until Anet nerfs that too)

What the Orr.....

Azjenco.9425

I don’t see the problem with Orr. Just dodge the pulls/immobilizes and run away. They hardly spam those CC moves but they tend to use them as their first skill which is then predictable and so easy to avoid with a dodge.

I highlighted the problematic parts of Orr, all summed up in your post.

Orr is supposed to be challenging. Like you said, what makes it “tough” is easily avoided and the enemies are quite predictable, because their “tough” abilities all come down to one move, i.e. CC.
That is exactly the problem. The zone should be hard, but it’s a joke, mostly because some designer thought that CC is the equivalent of a good challenge.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

More Lyssa (Malchor’s) and Balthazar DE’s but with very high rewards please

What the Orr.....

stof.9341

That is exactly the problem. The zone should be hard, but it’s a joke, mostly because some designer thought that CC is the equivalent of a good challenge.

Judging from the amount of posts complaining that the zone is a death trap where risen will jump on you by hundreds and keep you perma CC until you get disconnected for inactivity, I think it might be too hard already

The only mob I don’t like in Orr is the Risen Eagle for some reason. Stupid little thing should do THAT much damage.

What the Orr.....

Azjenco.9425

Judging from the amount of posts complaining that the zone is a death trap where risen will jump on you by hundreds and keep you perma CC until you get disconnected for inactivity, I think it might be too hard already

I’ve read that as well, and that still enforces my point. They keep you locked and kill you, that’s pretty much what makes the zone ‘difficult’, but it’s just lazy design in practice. It’s pretty much a situation of going in, getting snared, and getting swarmed. That’s the basis of Orr and that is such a terrible design idea, I can’t even understand why not more people are moaning about it.

What it should be like is enemies should all have different strengths and tactics when you fight them, and that is what makes them dangerous, they’re own unique abilities, not the fact that they could stun and jump you.

For instance, when you see one enemy, you know he has a strong range attack when you stand still, while another enemy might have an escalating melee hazard, like a building bleed stack perhaps, and when you look at another enemy you know he can do ricochet shots that become dangerous when groups of players stand too close together. And then you have the big guys who’ll have a lot more tricky mechanics.

That’s what I meant when I said this zone is a joke. It’s not really hard, it’s just a sad one trick pony.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Any future plans to do something about this zone? Orr…..hardly anyone there, mobs out the ying yang….can’t reach any point without struggling.

Temples? Exotic armors? Good luck…..It’s like defending Helms deep by yourself.

I find it not worth my time. I only go there when I’m in desparate need for omnom berries anymore. I know there’s hardly anyoen there since the implementation of the focus of a single dungeon and with loot as terrible as it is right now there’s really no need to put yourself through that to get the things you need end game. Why bother with the zombie apocalypse when you can brave the cold or play the lobby game standing around in LA.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

What the Orr.....

stof.9341

What it should be like is enemies should all have different strengths and tactics when you fight them, and that is what makes them dangerous, they’re own unique abilities, not the fact that they could stun and jump you.

You can give the Orr enemies all kind of interesting skills and tactics worthy of a final boss in a great action game, all that is moot is they got nothing they can use against players that just ignore them and continue running in a straight line.

Which is why the Orr Risen got a lot of anti “just run past them they cannot catch you” skills. Without those the zone would be a joke too.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I think one of the core complaints that gets made regarding maps in general is that there are fewer people running around the land. You can say this about Orr, you can say it about Queensdale… there are fewer people running around. I don’t mind the amount of people in Queensdale to be honest, there aren’t too many and I don’t think too few… although some people would argue otherwise. A suggestion made many times was to add an “underflow” server.. that was the term used, but it basically allows you to consolidate into another server that may be more populated.. sort of the opposite concept of the overflow servers, hence the name. Just thought I’d bring that up here as I think that, on top of taking the CC down a bit, would help the Orrian maps.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

To the people complaining about ORR , It is a war zone an end game zone full of dangers it is not meant to just be run through easily . I Admit fighting your way through tons of undead for no rewards is horrible , but let me ask you guys this " If rewards were better would you still be complaining ?

GW1 players will remember Desolation area and Nightmare area , and understand , But you got uber loot from doing those areas

[WM]give us in game ladder

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Avatar.1923

orr is fine.
mobs dont botter me. i can aggro 4-5 easily with my greatsword guardian.

the “only” slight issue is the temples.
for that you need to spam map chat.

actually gw2 dumbest problems are the grouping and the fractals(great dungeon design but so not smart implementation).
that, and the fact that in the end, its a themepark mmo, and my prediction is that this genre of game is in its last stretch.
somebody smart will design the new greatest mmo evntually.
i absolutely believe in this, but i wont believe dev hype anymore.

What the Orr.....

To the people complaining about ORR , It is a war zone an end game zone full of dangers it is not meant to just be run through easily . I Admit fighting your way through tons of undead for no rewards is horrible , but let me ask you guys this " If rewards were better would you still be complaining ?

GW1 players will remember Desolation area and Nightmare area , and understand , But you got uber loot from doing those areas

for 95% of the playerbase, the endgame grind (read: 250ectos or 1850 fractal relics) are not meant to be grinded, but purchased with real money (read: gems).

What the Orr.....

Posted by: cgnius.8539

cgnius.8539

They should merge servers for Orr, at least until they add better content there

What the Orr.....

Posted by: ginzo.8792

ginzo.8792

o really? thats why their were multiple epic threads about how horrible and un-fun it was . even while it stood as THE place to farm it was hated.

as a Dev you should never ever create a zone thats not fun to move around in. cos forget lore etc , this is a game and soemtimes you just need to get around fast or hassle free or be able to answer the phone and know you can leave your guy standing somewhere he wont die in 20 seconds of AFK .

the devs made that mistake with a couple of zones in LOTRO and ended up completely re-designing them from scratch so they were fun places to spent time , while still maintaining the grimness and evilness lore required.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

As others have said why bother going there, if there are zero rewards for doing so. I actively ignore orr and go to other zones to level do whatever..

Only time i enter orr is to try and get my Story Quests done such as they are..

The whole place is way too much hassle for some mats and trash drops..

What the Orr.....

i really dont see the problem with Orr.

im there at the moment (just finished malachor’s leap and starting cursed shore) and really everything is going fine. i never die from a few mobs. maybe cause im a guardian?

i think some people just want easy mode (and really orr isnt “that” hard).

i mean, i go to Orr when i dont want to break my head and relax, after a few explore dungeons/fractal.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Magxene.2579

Magxene.2579

I understand your pain completely OP. I just finished Malchor’s Leap on my level 80 Guardian but it didnt come without struggle. I even tried to get a group going to do Lyssa but it was terrible. There was only 5 of us but we quickly realized how a party of 5 can’t beat Lyssa. This is rather disappointing.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

Orr is terrible! Simple as that. I’m surprised that I can find a waypoint to port their in the first place considering how many risen are roaming it.

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

I can tell you I’m so, so, so, so happy I completed Orr. Won’t be touching it with any of my alts (except to level) until they fix the number of mobs and respawn times.

It’s a shame because, scenery and lore-wise, it is one of my favourite areas of the game, but the experience they’ve given you there makes you want to wish eternal pain and suffering upon the designers.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

What the Orr.....

i like Orr.
its ok to be somewhat painful to go thru, i dont want it any other way.

and btw, to the poster above; lyssa is totally doable with 4-5 players.
simply, its a simple case of l2p. the second/third time youll try it, youll understand it and beat it.
the hardest part is actually to find the group! cause the loot aint epic.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

To me the only thing needed with Orr (sure it can always be improved) but in general, make sure the DE’s don’t bug out and if they do have some sort of reasonable reset timer. Make sure the best loot is available there as well (if not all zones).

At that point it’s up to the community. I don’t think making all content soloable is the answer. To me this is GW 2 Raids, you need a # of people to take a Cathedral.

I’m also for the idea of underflow servers to make sure there are always players around to run these Meta Events or any zone for that matter.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I agree 100%. When there’s enough people Orr is cakewalk. I had a blast there for a bout a solid month until the zone emptied. Now I might get lucky to find a small group of people running through to clear only the easiest events. Forget temple of Lyssa, you’re never gonna see that place open again. I honestly see temple of balthazar open more than lyssa these days and it has nothing to do with “l2p” there’s just never enough people around to get it done.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

What the Orr.....

Azjenco.9425

You can give the Orr enemies all kind of interesting skills and tactics worthy of a final boss in a great action game, all that is moot is they got nothing they can use against players that just ignore them and continue running in a straight line.

Which is why the Orr Risen got a lot of anti “just run past them they cannot catch you” skills. Without those the zone would be a joke too.

It’s already a major joke. Enemies are easy, and the “anti-just run past them they cannot catch you” don’t work as it stands now. Doing ori runs with my guardian, engi and ele are so tedious, and running fighting a group prompts an “Ugh” response, not so much a nervous “Ah, kitten”. It’s just that easy, and boring. For people who find it hard, it’s not a good mechanic, just being snared and having them pound away at you, which is terrible design.

That’s why I think that there should be more DEs, all with trash mobs that use interesting abilities, like to ones I suggested. In between these DEs there should be groups of veterans and single champions with mixtures of interesting abilities and mechanics, and they should have good drops, which prompts people to team up to take on them, and these guys should be really hard with tough boss fight mechanics.

What the Orr.....

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

If rewards were inline with zone difficulty, it would make sense for it to be difficult.

That said (in regards to your warzone comment)…I completed the personal story. Orr has been cleansed. I’m supposed to be able to cull the remaining Risen and have a nice clean zone.

Oh wait….