What would you do if the exp was one pve map?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

bug?

Posted by: fabd.7026

fabd.7026

I won’t buy it, plain and simple. When I get my hands on Fallout 4 and take a break, I will be hardly motivated to come back.

It’s not just one map, no matter the verticality, but it appears it is designed like Silverwastes. So it’s really boring because everything is tied up into one big event and so in the end you feel like this map has just one purpose. Same way you go to SW to do Vinewrath and consider how much exploration and variety there is in SW? Practically none. It’s a fun map for zerging with other players, pretty much (and “chest farm”…).

Also as WoodenPotatoes said, the verticality and denseness of the maps will be lost on many people. Personally, I really don’t like how the artists keep putting all kinds of staircases that you have to jump. I’ve seen this repeatedly in the WP videos. Pressing my space bar 20 times in a row to hop back all the way on top of a chasm is going to get boring really quick (remember, you can glide, not fly up!). Why can’t they put more… you know… friggin’ SLOPES.

Navigating the terrain is also an important part of the gameplay aspect of a map, and personally I find Dry Top to be one of the most annoying and frustrating maps to play in. They are overdoing the verticality, in my opinion or just doing it wrong.

So when I saw that gameplay in WP videos, where he keeps jumping over all these rocky stepstones… it was really putting me off. Anet… you already have JUMPING PUZZLES. Can you please stop putting in so much jumping in there and make maps that are fun to walk around?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Here’s what the expansion is so far that we know:
1 PvP map.
New WvW maps that you’ll be playing on for months if not years.
1 PvE zone that we know of.
Guild Halls.
Some crafting.
QoL updates.
Mastery system.

I’ll be done with the expansion, as it stands, in two months max.

I’ll buy the expansion and just do whatever i did, rambling around the wvw map.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Maunzi.3764

Maunzi.3764

I might still buy it, assuming it’d add a couple fractals and other gameplay features. Depends on what those contain.

Content matters, not map numbers.

If not enough content for me, then I’d not buy it. Not rocket science.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

@fabd.7026, slopes are for the weaks!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Let me know when they add the “challenging GROUP content” (new fracs,dungs,etc?)
Could care less if they add PvE maps like silverwastes where you can blindly zerg around spamming 1 on staff guardian and winning everything this games bland loot system has to offer…

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Isnt the expansion 1 map split into 3 biomes though?

Although from the pics I have seen each biome is about the size of the SW.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

But we know the name of at least two maps, so it’s not. lol

Yay 2 maps I’ll gladly hand over my money now. No, I want ANet to include in the HoT sales page what exactly I’m getting in this expansion, not a general overview of what to expect (id be fine with this if it was a simple pre-order but its not)

You obviously haven’t played many mmos. I don’t think I have experienced one single mmo gaming company over the last 15+ years that has given out every single detail on their expansion packs. They usually just give you enough to wet your appetite.

If you don’t like it, then wait to buy HoT until after it releases….then you can get the details from friends who have bought the xpac.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If you found out the expansion just contained “Verdant Brink” as the only PvE map being released with the expansion, what would your reaction be?

I’ll skip reading the thread and just answer this question.

I’d actually be happy to hear it. Everything I’ve seen of the new zone(s) tells me that it’s not something that appeals to me. Spending less time on it means they may have spent more time putting work into the other parts of the expansion that DO appeal to me.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I would be extremely … “annoyed” but the guild stuff will probably keep me busy for a reasonable amount of time.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

we know there are AT LEAST two. In one stream they showed an area that was proven with 100% certainty not to be Verdant Brink. I expect 3-4, while future expansions will have upwards of 5. Either way, this particular expansion is more features being set up FOR more expansions, and more to do in general. So, though I’d be very disappointed if VB was all we were getting, I’d still have bought the pack.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305