What would you do with 50,000 gems?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Anything you want, any choice on gem store, and saving it for future purchases is an option. What would you do with 50,000 gems? (a bit more than $600 worth, if I did math right)

It is over 1000 gold transferred from gems>gold(if I did math right), you could buy keys to take your chances at rng boxes, you could expand your characters to see how many we can truly have. So what would you do with it?

I would be unsure what to do, don’t need the gold really. But maybe a huge BL chest opening, or expand every alts inventory. Here’s a few numbers in case you were curious :P

62.5 Harvesting sickles
250 hats of your choice
555 Black lion keys
31 dye packs
166 back packs
205 bonfires
166 black lion salvage kits

Just some ideas Let me know if any math is off ^^ I’m also asking this because I may or may not be interested in making an extreme test, or in buying things straight out, so let me know what YOU would do

Also, if this did happen what would YOU do with all the cards assuming you bought the cards instead of online :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I would try to match your dye collection!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Buy all available character slots (which would most likely end up empty considering I just have 2 80’s, one alt I’m slowly leveling and one bank mule char), max bank and character inventory and… and… and… well, I guess I’d save the rest for a rainy day since there’s really nothing else in the TP I’m currently interested in.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Geotherma.2395

I would try to match your dye collection!

lmao :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Geotherma.2395

Buy all available character slots (which would most likely end up empty considering I just have 2 80’s, one alt I’m slowly leveling and one bank mule char), max bank and character inventory and… and… and… well, I guess I’d save the rest for a rainy day since there’s really nothing else in the TP I’m currently interested in.

There is a guess currently that you can get up to at least 30 slots, wonder what the real max number is :P

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

get a couple of fine trafo stones, i always need them.
some bank accounts and bag extensions. and some more char slots; i still dont have an asura.

after i got that, no idea. there isnt really any skin/mini pet in the gem store that is worth buying right now.
So i would probably save the rest until better stuff to buy is implemented.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Convert it to gold to be used for Legendary weapons.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am pretty sure I read here on the forum that someone had 43 character slots. (shrugs)

I happened to notice the dev in the Dragon Bash livestream had 100,200 gems! Lol.

Guess he can buy whatever he wants.

I would probably buy a lot of character slots, I had 34 in Guild Wars 1. And lots of bank slots, and inventory slots. Save up for things yet to come, as well. (Like an expansion in a year or two?) =)

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

This.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

There is a guess currently that you can get up to at least 30 slots, wonder what the real max number is :P

I currently have 36 characters on my first account, 7 on my second. Could be where that 43 number came from.

I believe someone posted that a friend of theirs had 37?

PS: I’m curious as well, not sure I’m going to try and find out. Well… hmmm… ask me in about 6 months. /sigh

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

This.

Well, that’ll get you half way there… maybe.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

This.

Well, that’ll get you half way there… maybe.

Assuming we’re eventually going to get precursors from some kind of quest/scavenger hunt, that much gold would go a long way towards easing the pain of farming 250 of each T6 mat. The rest of the stuff is obtainable in a time-consuming but fairly painless manner.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Stuff to finish my legendary. I’m tired of grinding for mats, and I’m epically bad at jumping and not falling off stuff which makes most dungeons problematic. So spending hours trying to get through a few dungeons instead of having to farm mats would be a better use of my time.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Probably grab 2 more character slots to get myself up to an even 8, max my bank tabs and grab the inventory expansions for each character. Maybe upgrade to Deluxe, though only maybe. Maybe grab a Total Makeover Kit to change my glow color on one of my Sylvari (kind of a waste to use a whole kit just for glow, but if I had that many gems I could spare a little waste).

Other than that… probably save ‘em all for future, when things are released that I want. I know I’ll eventually need a lot more Transmutation Crystals, but I’d wait a while and see if they go on sale again for right now, since I still have 30 or so stockpiled.

Definitely wouldn’t convert them to gold. That would be a lot of gold, and I need a lot of gold since I’m still in the process of getting all my level 80’s geared up (and I want some luxury items like T3 armors and some expensive skins, though not legendaries) but it would seem a waste to just dump it all on gold.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

166 5 pack instant repair canisters. The way I play including constant falling off vistas, falling off jump puzzles, falling off random places, falling off places no one else even knew you could fall off of, going (A.F.K) in a waypoint that often gets contested because I’m an idiot, making a habit of being the first to die in WvW and repeating that over and over until all my armor is busted, and basic stupidity they would pay off in no time.

That or convert it all to gold and buy as many Black Lion Chests as I could and then mail them to random people. I’m sure that would make those without keys happy :p

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The way I play including constant falling off vistas, falling off jump puzzles, falling off random places, falling off places no one else even knew you could fall off of, going (A.F.K) in a waypoint that often gets contested because I’m an idiot, making a habit of being the first to die in WvW and repeating that over and over until all my armor is busted, and basic stupidity they would pay off in no time.

You share my playstyle. Do you also manage to get stuck in little crevices all over the place?

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would max out my bank slots and bag slots on my main. I would keep 6.4k for some future cool things that might get added to the store and trade the rest for gold.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Maximum number of character slots, and the rest would be used on total makeover kits.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Probably convert it all to gold, as the TP has jack all i want in it, quaggan this and that…no thanks..

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

If the 2-3 previews we saw in the Dragon Bash twitch stream today were representative, I’d buy one of each of the Jade Dragon weapon skins. Oh. Em. Gee.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Wow. Thats not even enough gems to open the 600+ black lion chests I’ve accrued.

Seriously pathetic.

Keys should be 25 gems. Maybe less.

Geotherma.2395

Wow. Thats not even enough gems to open the 600+ black lion chests I’ve accrued.

Seriously pathetic.

Opening 550 chests could net you around 100+ more keys. I’m sure someone could give a better statistically accurate number since there is a percentage drop on wiki, but I’m too tired to do the math :P But those 100+ could net you say 20 more keys as an example. Depending on RNG and your luck you could almost double this number, never know :P Also keep in mind I did say you could save the gems for later, later includes using them during a time when keys are discounted

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Buy all armor and weapon skins that are available. Unlock my bank fully. Unlock a few more character slots. Sit on the rest for a rainy day.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Already have my bank unlocked, 9 total character slots so i have one for each class and an extra, have all my bag slots on 5 of my 8 characters… I’d probably end up just saving em.. There’s always bound to be more stuff added that I’m going to want… and that should at least take care of 1 or 2 weapon tickets at some point… if im lucky

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I would change my main toon name… Maybe some day I`ll have luck and find a key that will open a chest that will have one of them name change contracts. Maybe..

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

Two words……Deluxe Cheeseburgers.

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Seriously pathetic.

Opening 550 chests could net you around 100+ more keys. I’m sure someone could give a better statistically accurate number since there is a percentage drop on wiki, but I’m too tired to do the math :P But those 100+ could net you say 20 more keys as an example. Depending on RNG and your luck you could almost double this number, never know :P Also keep in mind I did say you could save the gems for later, later includes using them during a time when keys are discounted

Thats not the point. Why would Anet let chest be so common while the keys are so expensive. It’s like, they WANT to take up our inventory, because OBVIOUSLY we’re never going to spend that much gems to open them all, its insane, the rewards are pathetic.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I would buy a few things I’ve wanted but haven’t gotten around to buying. Things like fine transmutation stones, a makeover for my charr, you know little things.
Then I would convert about 100gold’s worth to get the golden title.
After that the majority of it would sit and wait until Anet incorporates gifting. Once that happens I’ll randomly gift people small amounts or items (whichever Anet allows), just for being nice.
So many times in this game people have been very nice and I had nothing to give. I would love to know I was making people smile by sending them something in the mail, just because.
Yes I am a sap and proud of it.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I happened to notice the dev in the Dragon Bash livestream had 100,200 gems! Lol.

Guess he can buy whatever he wants.

No wonder the gem exchange rates are so high, the devs are hoarding all the gems.

Geotherma.2395

Seriously pathetic.

Thats not the point. Why would Anet let chest be so common while the keys are so expensive. It’s like, they WANT to take up our inventory, because OBVIOUSLY we’re never going to spend that much gems to open them all, its insane, the rewards are pathetic.

For money, it is a business. If tons of keys dropped in world to cover all the chests, they would make nothing. If chests were a super rare drop and costed 20silver, would you really want to have to spend 20 silver AND 125 gems? That is the point, they know you can get chests for almost free, all you really pay is the gems. No one wants to have to pay for a random chest, a random key, and a random reward. I think it fist fine. And the rewards are only worth what worth you put on them. I never am disappointed in the drops, especially my many stacks of BLSK’s.

Geotherma.2395

205 bonfires would be fun, I could pop one out in Orr on my server every hour all weekend along with omnomberry trays :P Oh that could be fun heh

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Anything you want, any choice on gem store, and saving it for future purchases is an option. What would you do with 50,000 gems? (a bit more than $600 worth, if I did math right)

It is over 1000 gold transferred from gems>gold(if I did math right), you could buy keys to take your chances at rng boxes, you could expand your characters to see how many we can truly have. So what would you do with it?

I would be unsure what to do, don’t need the gold really. But maybe a huge BL chest opening, or expand every alts inventory. Here’s a few numbers in case you were curious :P

62.5 Harvesting sickles
250 hats of your choice
555 Black lion keys
31 dye packs
166 back packs
205 bonfires
166 black lion salvage kits

Just some ideas Let me know if any math is off ^^ I’m also asking this because I may or may not be interested in making an extreme test, or in buying things straight out, so let me know what YOU would do

Also, if this did happen what would YOU do with all the cards assuming you bought the cards instead of online :P

I did bought at lease 30,000 worth of gem cards, its just annoying entering all those codes to redeem. I exchanged them for gold and bought all the mats for my twilight.

vvuevv

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

I guess Black lion chests drop a lot as a marketing technique because when you get one it’s still a slightly big deal even if it is locked, the temptation to then buy keys is higher than if you had none in your inventory. I personally wouldn’t spend it on BL keys though, I have terrible luck! I’d buy more character slots and convert some to gold to craft an asura warrior to 80. I really like how cute they look but just can’t get round to levelling one. Would save the rest for, well, whatever interesting comes out in the future.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I’d buy more character slots, a couple more bank slots, more fine trans stones, a name change contract for my ele, finally some town clothes I like the look of, maybe a makeover kit or two just in case.
The permanent axe when it comes out
The rest I would keep- I have been converting gold to gems and I would just keep my ingame gold and save the gems.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i’ll keep them. then spend them slowly when as i see fit

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

It’s kind of funny/sad that 50k gems isn’t that much, relatively. I mean, if I wanted to get all 3 permanent gathering tools on all 8 of my characters that’d be almost half gone right there. Unlocking the bag slots on all of my characters would be almost another 10k.

More than likely I’d sit on the gems until there were sales. Then I’d unlock all of my bank tabs, possibly get the chef’s costume for my Charr, and then stockpile the rest. I’m good on character slots and everything else either costs more than I value it or is of no interest to me.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I would put them all in a bathtub, light up some incense, crack open a bottle of vintage merlot, strip off my armor and stare down at the little people while I enjoy my gem bath.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Full the Bank slots. Full the Char slots. Full the inventory bag slots on Chars. Buy a bulk of Fine Tstone (always handy). Buy a couple of total makeover/name change kit that in need.
Save the rest for future releases.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

I’d get the permanent tools (best bagslotsaver ever), and i would wait for the permanent salvage kits to come.
Bankslots and just sit on the rest, mb some skins every now and then.

Although taking a bath in them sound nice…

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

sell the account its on for real money.

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

Throw them on my bed and roll in them naked.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d be very tempted to wait for a spike in the exchange rate and then change it for gold to go towards a legendary and/or my mini collection.

But I’d probably max out my bank slots, buy another character slot and then save the rest for future purchases, which would mainly be minis.

Even if I got it free and it wasn’t my money I still wouldn’t touch the RNG boxes, it’s a complete waste.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

exchange it all for gold and store it in my bank..

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Geotherma.2395

I’d get the permanent tools (best bagslotsaver ever), and i would wait for the permanent salvage kits to come.

Permanent salvage kits (BLSK) lol I’d spend 50k on that alone :P It would ruin the economy though lol

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Immediately convert to gold then wait for the new legendaries to come out and hope for good models.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Permanent salvage kits (BLSK) lol I’d spend 50k on that alone :P It would ruin the economy though lol

I forgot about those BLSK. Would have to get a bunch of those too.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hmmm….that many gems….

4 more char slots (to round out my 1 of each, and 1 spare – probably become my pvp toon over time)

Finish out my bank slots

Max bags on all chars

The rest….save for rare minis, nifty town clothes I like, unlimited gathering tools for other chars (if they come around again), and other interesting future releases. =)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Geotherma.2395

This thread is going to get more interesting when the dragon bash starts

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I would convert it all to gold and then get me the Eternal Light sword which is the most beautiful sword in the game. It would look absolutely stunning on my mesmer

Posted by: Wandar.3607

Wandar.3607

The number is always 42. Always.