When is gw2 expansion coming out? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I think the answer is never.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

It’ll be doing fine in a year or two as well.

Oh Vayne, you and your infallible factoids.

What i find humorous is a year or two isn’t very long in mmo terms..

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

GW2 will definitely be around in 2 years time, it be too much of a loss to just shut down a game which took astronomical sums to make that quickly.

In what form it would exist is another question though. It could end up going F2P or becoming a game which is very rarely updated, like how TERA is turning out to be.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

GW2 will definitely be around in 2 years time, it be too much of a loss to just shut down a game which took astronomical sums to make that quickly.

In what form it would exist is another question though. It could end up going F2P or becoming a game which is very rarely updated, like how TERA is turning out to be.

Not many MMo’s have the constant, scheduled updates that GW2 has. They probably get as much changed in the same time frame, but they often do it in larger, more spaced out patches than gw2 does.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Living Story is our expansion. ;(

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d wager an expansion will be announced closer to the release of some of the competing games that are coming out. It seems like good business sense. You want to rekindle interest in your game, you save the expansion for when it’s release will do you the most good.

Fans would want new expansions far more often than they’re financially feasible but expansions offer a potential to grow your business.

Anet knows nothing new and big coming out soon. Wildstar won’t count because NcSoft isn’t going to want to compete with itself. But other big games are coming and when they come, Anet is going to want to have an answer to them. That’s when you’ll see an expansion.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I also think Arena.net is going to eventually see the writing on the wall. They’re going to TRY to expand the world via Living Story; but the MMO gamer base will push back against it. They’ve become conditioned that expansions=good, and it’s going to be another thing A.net will have to yield to.

Gamers have been a force of stagnation for 20+ years. I don’t see it changing now.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Unlike what some folks in this thread have said, no, the living story is no substitute for an expansion. So far, permanent content changes have been minimal (one dungeon path, and they destroyed on dragon event) and the non-permanent ones have been laughable.

Either they have to cut WAY back on the frequency of the living story updates, and focus on putting out some quality, or they should just give it up altogether, and get one with the expansion.

At this point in the original’s timeline, we had Prophecies, they had added Sorrow’s Furnace, the UW/FoW, all the major PvP types were in game, and we’d just gotten our first expansion. In contrast, GW2 has only just begun to address bugs that have been reported over and over again since beta.

Posted by: Mackodlak.7961

Mackodlak.7961

To be completely honest, they DID give us FotM as well in a years time… The dungeon path you say they added ment one of the previous paths got removed for some reason I don’t fully understand. Most of the other stuff added to the game was quickly removed and that’s the problem most of the people I know has with this game. ANET is spending so much time to give us content they will remove in a month or even 2 weeks, and that will have no real effect on most of the people that don’t rly spend whole day playing. There is a HUGE part of GW2 community that remember GW as a casual game where max level, constant grind etc weren’t an issue, and ANET promised us the same in GW2. All they are giving us is constant farm, with constant story changes that make no sense unless you’re here all the time (even then they don’t rly make sense tbh), and are removed shortly after they give them to us.
So much of the map is not explored, and instead of giving new parts of it they constantly add sth or change parts of the existing maps.
What i enjoyed most in GW was exploring, and they would give me whole new continents to explore… now they give us a new PoI I have to get to return to 100% map completion, and some content with random achievements so they force me to do it. They even started doing metas where you can’t finish meta in a day, but actually have to finish 4-5 dailyes so you can’t be done in a day…
That’s not how I remember GW, and the second I know for sure that there will be absolutely no expansion, I’m leaving the game, never to return.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Scarlet is really Primordus. You heard it here first.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

You get what you pay for.

I pay a trivial fee per month for another game and I’m guaranteed to receive decent content that isn’t rife with bugs upon patch release. The few bugs that do slip through are caught within the first 24 hours.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Anet is looking into bringing new content that can be compared to traditional ‘expansions’ in a different way. The main reason they can do that is the gemstore sales. They are looking into way off releasing new content in a way that is free (though you can choose to show your support). It will also mean I suspect that traditional things you normally see in expansions will not be included. Among them are things like more characterslots and bankslots.

I think it is an excellent plan for Anet to investigate this option and I hope they get the living story up to standards so it can be used for this!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Once EQ Next, Wildstar, and ESO launch and the nose dive that is this games population begins I’m sure they will announce an expansion. Until then they are in a holding pattern, putting out cheap grindy content that generates decent gem store sales.

Competition is what spurs on innovation, deep stories and new content. GW2 has no competition, there is no reason for it to spend money on that when people are sticking around and spending money on the gem store just to do grindy repetitive content that is removed every 4 weeks.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I pay a trivial fee per month for another game and I’m guaranteed to receive decent content that isn’t rife with bugs upon patch release. The few bugs that do slip through are caught within the first 24 hours.

What game is that? Every MMO that I have played had bugs in their content updates, and none of them fixed all of the bugs found in 24 hours. In my experience, GW2 has been no different than any other MMO when it comes to fixing bugs, including the MMOs with a subscription fee.

Dark Catalyst.1028

What game is that? Every MMO that I have played had bugs in their content updates, and none of them fixed all of the bugs found in 24 hours. In my experience, GW2 has been no different than any other MMO when it comes to fixing bugs, including the MMOs with a subscription fee.

I find that my posts are getting pulled whenever I mention that other game, but given the way things are now, the quality of that other game merits a sub fee while GW2 does not.

Not with the shallow content and the bugs present from release.

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

wtf? who necroed this thread?

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I find that my posts are getting pulled whenever I mention that other game, but given the way things are now, the quality of that other game merits a sub fee while GW2 does not.

Well, until we know what that other game is, can’t make a fair comparison, to judge if you are right or not. I can only go my by experience of playing MMOs like EQ, Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, LOTRO, Eve, SWTOR, SWG, Age of Conan, Aion, TSW, Rift and so many others, and say that Guild Wars 2 has been no different in bug fixes than any of the other MMOs I have played. Guild Wars 2 also has shown that a sub fee is not needed for a better quality game (and yes quality is subjective, I know that). No MMO that I can think of matches what you are describing.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Well, until we know what that other game is, can’t make a fair comparison, to judge if you are right or not. I can only go my by experience of playing MMOs like EQ, Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, LOTRO, Eve, SWTOR, SWG, Age of Conan, Aion, TSW, Rift and so many others, and say that Guild Wars 2 has been no different in bug fixes than any of the other MMOs I have played. Guild Wars 2 also has shown that a sub fee is not needed for a better quality game (and yes quality is subjective, I know that). No MMO that I can think of matches what you are describing.

I have to agree. All of the games I have played (COH, CO, STO, WoW, LotRO, DDO, AoC, Aion, TSW) have had their fair share of bugs and delayed bug fixes compared to GW2.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

The answer is simple: unless there is some serious threat to GW2 ( a new MMO game ), the paid expansion will not see the light of day. Until that time, we will be getting the living story that, although quality-wise rather poor, nonetheless is a rather efficient time-filler for most of us.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

expansion ?

old days vs nowadays (see attachment)

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Vayne.8563

Even if there were a single MMO that released great content often with no bugs or bugs that were fixed in 24 hours (and I’ve never seen it), it’s certainly the exception to the rule. There are dozens of MMOs out, and I’ve played at least that many. Age of Conan, for example, was so bugged it was unplayable on my machine. Other people had the same problem I did. Lotro and DDO had tons of bugs. SWToR…I don’t even think I need to go there.

And I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that the game you’re talking about has plenty of reported bugs and that if I googled those bugs, I’d find the list.

Dark Catalyst.1028

Even if there were a single MMO that released great content often with no bugs or bugs that were fixed in 24 hours (and I’ve never seen it), it’s certainly the exception to the rule. There are dozens of MMOs out, and I’ve played at least that many. Age of Conan, for example, was so bugged it was unplayable on my machine. Other people had the same problem I did. Lotro and DDO had tons of bugs. SWToR…I don’t even think I need to go there.

And I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that the game you’re talking about has plenty of reported bugs and that if I googled those bugs, I’d find the list.

Whatever. Let them pull this post if they want but, I’m talking about WoW and I don’t remember encountering any problems/bugs the last few patches. The only annoyance was updating my addons.

Whereas here, people are saying they are encountering persistent bugginess from release, disconnects, skill lag, etc.

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Thank you Galen Grey for making this list “100+ Guild missions, 2 Dungeons, 50+ new Dynamic Events, 3 PvP maps, 3 news mini dungeons, a new meta event, a new zone and the changes to WvW.” because that sounds close to an expansions worth of content (Maybe add two more zones and a new class) and the kicker is it was free and done in less than a year after release.

All that content is pathetic compared to what GW Factions added.

Except that Factions and Prophecies together had less content than Guild Wars 2 at launch. Nice try though.

They may had, but overall these campaigns were more fun, well built, had nice story, awesome armor arts, interesting places and kept me busy for years not like GW2 which I’m getting bored of. (Playing for almost a year)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Whatever. Let them pull this post if they want but, I’m talking about WoW and I don’t remember encountering any problems/bugs the last few patches. The only annoyance was updating my addons.

Whereas here, people are saying they are encountering persistent bugginess from release, disconnects, skill lag, etc.

Well the content was certainly released less frequently, but also in much bigger chunks. I never played vanilla WoW, but after playing from Burning Crusade through to cata I don’t think I ever encountered a single bug. I know that there were some out there, that some people ran into, but I personally never had a single problem. It was quite amazing imo. Though they also did months of testing, multiple closed and public betas and had a dedicated TS for all their content… So you get what you pay for I guess.

Posted by: niki king.3904

niki king.3904

im 100% for expansion.Anet needs to stop with this living world bullkitten and start making proper content.instead of stuff like adding new classes,zones skills,interesting stuff etc they just add some stupid events and skins.i dont know about you guys but im sick of this lack of content, im sick of having 5 skills as total(all other elite and etc skills suck,only signets have some use),im sick to daily grind some stupid achievments and im sick to play for getting new skins.even the coolest zones in the map are locket.even the classes lack of content i dont think its fair elementalists or engineers to have 2-3 weapons of choice.the quests are repetitive and boring its same thing.kill bears until the bar fills up,kill this kill that its like im playing monster hunting mmo.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Don’t go there DarkC unless you want me to start linking their bug forums and the total mess they made with merges and players losing toons, guilds and millions of gold

I played that game for years, they still have bugs from launch.

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

..What would you want it to be about? This is a big IF of course still as the developers are still on the fence about it. I personally would love to see one where the established lore gets expanded upon and the story driven forward. Living Story could be a good gapcloser between expansions in my opinion, but okay.

And NO let’s keep Cantha and Elona out of this. It’s been made pretty clear that the developers do not want to focus on these regions. So please, keep it out of it.

So. With the lore we have in Tyria, what do you want the expansion to be about?

I personally wanna see the Norn head up North, establish a foothold in the Northern Shiverpeaks and start pushing back against the Sons of Svanir and Jormag. Kodan? Kodan!

Other things I’d like to see expanded upon is the Khan Uhr (who will it be?!) and the human/charr war/treaty.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Yea Tengu and the Dominion of Winds would be a cool thing as well! What would the reason be that they finally open up their doors though? Perhaps a Dragon lurking below them? winkwink

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

it’d be cool if Tarnished Coast/Ring of Fire was opened and something happened there…

Posted by: WheezerX.4367

WheezerX.4367

I really don’t want to see expansions, especially when Arena.net is giving us free content updates. We also don’t need Elonia or Cantha right away, no one realizes just how big the Prophecies map really is! and it’s only bigger since GW1 in the GW2 engine. I can’t believe people are so brain washed to think that the only thing that can get them content updates are expansions, if you really want expansions, go play WoW! They will be more than happy to take your money!

There is so much untapped lore still lingering around tyria that it’s mind boggling, and a lot of people don’t realize this. Mostly the “new to guild wars” players, but even some of the ones who have played gw1 don’t know about all the back story from the novels and random bits from GW1. Example; Did you know that the Charr originally “owned” ascalon and the humans drove them out?

The living story not only let’s them give us free content, but it will keep letting them get more and more lore out of the game over an indefinite amount of time without being pressured to release some massive, mind blowing expansion. Not to mention a real expansion would break more than it would fix, think about it ,what does an expansion add? Story content of course, but then there are usually; new skills, new classes, new races, new armors/weapons. There would be so much unbalance in a game that is already still trying to balance itself. Living Story is JUST story content, and I honestly prefer that as opposed to a load of new shinies.

(edited by WheezerX.4367)

Posted by: Vasco.7328

Vasco.7328

Put me down as another who would love to see an expansion for this game. The ‘Living World’ series of content can only go so far.

I joined a friend of mine in this game when it first came out because he raved about GW1, and in the beginning I was captivated. I had so much fun trying different races and classes and got really immersed in the various storylines – then I got all my characters to L80 and the fun stopped.

I’ll admit it – I hate dungeons and content that relies on OP bosses and spawns and that was all that I really found, so I logged out of the game for months. It was only when my friend told me to try WvW that I came back – and I love it! But that’s as far as it goes. Even the latest Living World edition is a variation of another dungeon (tried it, don’t like it, back to WvW). Without an expansion to continue my characters personal storylines or similar content that can be enjoyed by solo players, Living World content can only go so far.

I just hope the ‘Build-a-tougher-dungeon’ mentality doesn’t creep into the Edge of the Mists design otherwise I’ll pass that up too.

Posted by: WheezerX.4367

WheezerX.4367

Living Story is the expansion man, so many people just can’t seem to grasp that what they’re griping about no content, that’s what the living story is doing. As far as it “only going so far”, it can go as far an expansion would go, both of these things add content to the game, just in different ways.

Right now I’m enjoying the Tower of Nightmares and trying to get the achievements for it, if you can’t enjoy that then it’s not a.net’s fault. It’s your own jaded view on the game that’s hindering your capacity for fun.

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

I’d love to see an expansion, but only to introduce new continents when the LS will need it. Given the rich lore of Tyria, this will take a verryyy loooong time. Personally, I like the other 2 continents more than Tyria, but it’s the devs choice. I hope the collaborative discussions will have it’s effect on the LS.

Posted by: Vasco.7328

Vasco.7328

Living Story is the expansion man, so many people just can’t seem to grasp that what they’re griping about no content, that’s what the living story is doing. As far as it “only going so far”, it can go as far an expansion would go, both of these things add content to the game, just in different ways.

Right now I’m enjoying the Tower of Nightmares and trying to get the achievements for it, if you can’t enjoy that then it’s not a.net’s fault. It’s your own jaded view on the game that’s hindering your capacity for fun.

Actually, I expressed my personal view on what content appeals to me and what does not and why, and I’m certainly not blaming Anet for anything. Their WvW design is absolutely inspired and the best implementation of a PvP arena that I’ve seen in any MMO I’ve played.

As for ‘jaded’, that implies that I originally enjoyed dungeon style content and got bored with it which isn’t the case. I never enjoyed it because it’s just not my thing, but I wouldn’t imply that there was anything wrong with people who did.

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Op

Once and for all, there will not be an expansion.

It would be suicidal for Arena.net to release one; due to the overdue unfixed problems and hectic bugs which still plauging gw2 since release.

And that’s basis enough to conclude there will never be an expansion? The fact that bugs exist?

I guess you’ve never played a Bethesda game.

Posted by: Dworkin Barriman.1275

Dworkin Barriman.1275

Cool, I couldn’t find anything about expansions, and then I found this thread. Sorry for the other thread I started. So no expansion huh? The living story is about 15% permanent, and 85% temporary. Sorry but if there is no expansion coming, then how are they going to flesh out the other 65 to 70 percent of the map? How will they introduce new races, professions, or the other 3 dragons? LS? Sounds like a fail plan if so, and if they don’t plan on giving us more professions, more map, or more races, then why are we still playing? I’m sorry but after beating zhaitan 5 times with different characters, play the zerg in WvW, and do some SPvP, you’re done. That’s where expansions come in, giving us new map area with new cities and events, new races that will force balancing across all races, professions that do the same. In addition generally there are new ultimate bad guys to fight against. New weapons, armor, trinkets, and other things. All of which would be permanent. The LS is more like a band aid on a broken arm when it comes to keeping people interested, or bringing in new players. Just my humble opinion.

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

I hate Living story simply put

Posted by: Luquatic.3825

Luquatic.3825

I hate Living story simply put

I think 80% of the current active people that play GW2 hate living story.

A Thief on Desolation

Posted by: ultrametroid.9862

ultrametroid.9862

The living story content its pretty stupid in my opinion. Anet adds all this content then after 2 weeks its gone never to be seen again. So whenever a new player comes a long they’ve already missed out on tons of content that they could have enjoyed, but no living story only lasts 2 weeks. Also all this stupid scarlet content is so annoying. There’s another 5 elder dragons out there cant we see one of them? Its been a year since release about time we at least got a glimpse of one.

Posted by: Wynne.3908

Wynne.3908

BUMP!!! Anet give us some news please! We need something to look forward to!

Posted by: Dorfeus.4962

Dorfeus.4962

From official wiki:
“In January 14th, 2014, it has been stated that the content of an expansion is being developed, but whether it will be sold as an traditional expansion or freely integrated into the game has not been decided.”

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

Concern: 350 people! And all they’ve come up with are story updates people outside the game can’t connect with? Where are the big new features? Is there really no expansion planned?

Actually, it sounds like there is an expansion planned. “We have a couple of really big Guild Wars projects cooking in the background,” Johanson told me.

Later, he added: "Some of our players believe that because we are doing this Living World seasons, and these features or these big feature-builds, that it means that the features you would traditionally get in an expansion, or the content you would traditionally get in an expansion, is not something that will get added to Guild Wars 2. And that is not true at all.

“Not only are we doing those things, new features and content you would traditionally get from a boxed expansion are also things that will be added to Guild Wars 2.

“The thing that we haven’t decided yet,” he went on, "is what form that type of content will take. Is it right for Guild Wars 2 for that kind of boxed expansion? Is it right for that to be something we add, live, through storylines in the game? Is that something we want to sell through our in-game store? There are a lot of different options available to us.

“… but we absolutely are going to do sweeping new features that you would traditionally only get in expansions – large regions, content and progression additions to your characters in the form of growth and professions and races. Those are all things that you will see in the lifespan of Guild Wars 2.”

Mike Zadorojny, clarifying his comments from last year – which suggested there wouldn’t be an expansion any time soon – said: “The answer I gave you [in 2013] was that nothing was off the table.”

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Vayne.8563

A simple forum search will prove you wrong.

And WoW at launch was about ten times less playable than Guild Wars 2. They has scary server issues. The game was down for hours at a time, sometimes almost entire games.

It’s great to like a game, but every MMO has bugs, including major bugs and if you don’t think so, you’re not paying attention.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

From official wiki:
“In January 14th, 2014, it has been stated that the content of an expansion is being developed, but whether it will be sold as an traditional expansion or freely integrated into the game has not been decided.”

Oh…great news…

Missed that.

Honestly, personally speaking I would prefer to pay…not a lot of stuff appeals to me in the gemstore, so I would like to pay for a expansion, just to give Arena Net some more of my money because GW2 is a very, very good game.

Anyway, if a pre-order option becomes available, I am there at the front of the queue, no questions asked…

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

Concern: 350 people! And all they’ve come up with are story updates people outside the game can’t connect with? Where are the big new features? Is there really no expansion planned?

Actually, it sounds like there is an expansion planned. “We have a couple of really big Guild Wars projects cooking in the background,” Johanson told me.

Later, he added: "Some of our players believe that because we are doing this Living World seasons, and these features or these big feature-builds, that it means that the features you would traditionally get in an expansion, or the content you would traditionally get in an expansion, is not something that will get added to Guild Wars 2. And that is not true at all.

“Not only are we doing those things, new features and content you would traditionally get from a boxed expansion are also things that will be added to Guild Wars 2.

“The thing that we haven’t decided yet,” he went on, "is what form that type of content will take. Is it right for Guild Wars 2 for that kind of boxed expansion? Is it right for that to be something we add, live, through storylines in the game? Is that something we want to sell through our in-game store? There are a lot of different options available to us.

“… but we absolutely are going to do sweeping new features that you would traditionally only get in expansions – large regions, content and progression additions to your characters in the form of growth and professions and races. Those are all things that you will see in the lifespan of Guild Wars 2.”

Mike Zadorojny, clarifying his comments from last year – which suggested there wouldn’t be an expansion any time soon – said: “The answer I gave you [in 2013] was that nothing was off the table.”

The only thing from that interview that comes close to indicating an expansion is in the works is, “we have a couple of really big Guild Wars projects cooking in the background.” And given that we heard this exactly line when the Living Story kicked off more than a year ago I don’t see any reason to assume anything “big” is cooking in the background, the foreground, or anywhere else at ArenaNet. We’ve passed “benefit of the doubt” and crossed into “proof is in the pudding” territory.

Vayne.8563

The only thing from that interview that comes close to indicating an expansion is in the works is, “we have a couple of really big Guild Wars projects cooking in the background.” And given that we heard this exactly line when the Living Story kicked off more than a year ago I don’t see any reason to assume anything “big” is cooking in the background, the foreground, or anywhere else at ArenaNet. We’ve passed “benefit of the doubt” and crossed into “proof is in the pudding” territory.

I don’t think you should give Anet the benefit of the doubt. But it works both ways. I don’t think we should prejudge negatively either.

I’m not saying what’s coming out is going to be uber/awesome. I’m not saying it’s going to be dreadful. I’m not saying it’s going to be big or small.

I’m saying until it’s out, there’s no point in believing OR disbelieving.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

when it’s ready.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

For whatever reason I feel that the LS was content that was meant to keep the playerbase interested in the game while in secret they were working on a boxed expansion.
I hope that this is the case because an expansion is exactly what this game need, bigtime.
People have been clamoring for new zones to explore, new classes, dungeons etc and while some of the LS has delivered this, we still need a large boxed expansion to avoid stagnation.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

I’d wager an expansion will be announced closer to the release of some of the competing games that are coming out. It seems like good business sense. You want to rekindle interest in your game, you save the expansion for when it’s release will do you the most good..

Well, I’d definitely skip a paid expansion to GW2 and use the money on new games, should they launch close to each other. Heck, I’m not even sure I’d buy any expansion at all at any date. It would have to be something glorious to get my money at this point.

All I really hope is that they start accumulating features and releasing beefy feature updates instead of trickling down content , cause spreading it thin as it is diminishes the “omg new stuff” impact on players. That way they could start getting more goodwill toward the biweekly updates.

I’m sure they have learned that. I really want this update model to be successful and never change, I still have some faith.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Arkholeon.7163

Arkholeon.7163

the working on the living update is a great and innovative idea… as idea, the world live and change but that have great consequences on gameplay

-they all turn in zerg farm
-the storyline is like trash most of the time and if you miss some update it became even more trash ‘cause you can’t understand what and why
-you have to play fast ‘cause they update every 13-14 days with new contents and if you miss the very first days you’ll never achieve the whole update in time
-your chance to play any updates is on their release only (TA path 80 it’s a very rare path due to difficulty and noobs, and the only way you could done it, was on its release)
-in a year they never reboot the past livings, for those who have joined later or missed something (with the exception of SAB that has no storyline)
-it’s nice having map totally changed and no idea how to explore with new character or how to fractal before using wiki, just like with the last update (Escape from Lion’s Arch)
-and we have to talk about when you join the events in overflows that sucks

a game shoud give fun not anxiety like if you don’t have enough ppl you can’t go further of like if you don’t massive farm you’ll never get more than lvl 80’s basic stuffs

those living are more than trash, made ppl doing only the new achievement and item in a limited amount of time and are good only for no-life ppl (like all the grinder system they adopted for achieve some extras after you reach lvl 80 and done with exploration and dungeons with one character). An expansion mean a really enjoyable and enduring contents, that you can re-play any time with easy (in my case, in gw1 i had all the release and clear them with at least 2 char – exploration, domination, titles and story – for 2-3 years of fun). Living World can be a good system for one-time massive event like wintersday, halloween or some funny idea like SAB, they last 2 weeks or 1 month but they re-appear from time to time with no consequences. They may have some consequences too, i don’t say they don’t have to, but just like tequatl they can make any kind of living world with their own storyline, like a secondary event of the main story.

The expansion it something like they are doing with Scarlet, but as a living it’s not so good and made one-time event only is not fun at all for a storyline that big.
Istance and coop of GW1 worked really good just because you didn’t need to rely on too many ppl for play. This is tooooo massive anyway you see it.