When is the feature patch come? And Season 2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

Q:

As the title says. An ETA would be nice.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

When it’s done.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I think the Feature Patch will be on May 31st.

Allie Murdock said the patch is not in June.
They said they will not make the changes during WvW Season because that will impact the Season.
May 30th is the last day of WvW Season 2.
May 31st is not in June, so what Allie Murdock said still holds true by 1 day.

Posted by: Zutha.5091

Zutha.5091

They said they will not make the changes during WvW Season because that will impact the Season.

That is ridiculous -.-

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I thought the said the “feature” patch is march. Honestly I thought it was today, but it’s nowhere in sight.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It’s all right. Plenty of other games I can play while I wait.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Not until July, maybe later

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is accurate.

Either they were lying about not making balance changes during a WvW season or the next content patch will be May 31st.

The other possibility is July 1st for the feature patch since that is not june and not during the WvW season, but that seems really far away.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I thought the said the “feature” patch is march. Honestly I thought it was today, but it’s nowhere in sight.

You heard other people say that they “said” the feature patch is in March.

Anet themselves never said the feature patch would be in March.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Anet realizes this feature patch is gonna be a “game-changing” patch and it can make or break the game to a lot of people.

Like it or not, ESO,WildStar,even D3:RoS is going to take players away from GW2.
New games are a breath of fresh air and if you play with friends, it doesn’t matter if its a crappy game or not, you are still going to have more fun than playing a game where you have literally been doing the same thing over and over and over again

Anet has to get this feature patch correct or its gonna be really bad….

This game has gone no where tbh in the 1.5 years since release…. its had way to much focus on gemstore items + LS updates and its caused anet to fall so behind on whats important to an MMOs longetitivty – meaningful, xpac like content.

I don’t expect to see the patch until WvW season 2 ends… and it will still be delayed after that imo… it will be june/july till we see it.

Hule.8794

Guys forget May 31th as some pathc release date. Its Saturday. They dont do updates at Saturday.
And they said no update in June. So July is next.
“short break” between LS and feature patch is 3 months

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I thought they just said they wouldn’t be making changes to WvW during Season 2, not that they wouldn’t change anything at all in the entire game.

If the feature update doesn’t affect WvW it could still come during that time.

And if it will affect WvW then I agree, probably 31st May.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

juno.1840

I searched back through some forum topics and the best I found was this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Feature-Build-Balance-Preview/first

I know I heard march, but maybe it’s what Vol said. I’ll search thru iinterview websites next.

So the best we have officially is “after the first Living World season ends”, which could be 2015 for all we know.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

juno.1840

And this:

“When [Living World Season One] ends [on 4th March], we’re going to take a break for a little bit and then we’re going to do one really big feature patch that is more akin to what people see from some of our [MMO] competitors,” said Johanson, "where they bundle a lot of features together into a really big patch every now and then.

“We’re going to provide that experience and have this huge feature build that has a whole lot of gameplay-changing elements, a lot of quality of life improvements, a lot of features bundled together into one big patch. And that’ll come some time not too far after Season One completes.

Reference: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

So this was the first update after March 4th. I would expect the feature patch before WvW Season 2, or after it — but not during the season. If they take the tournament seriously, then they will not introduce potentially imbalance issues mid-tourney.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You know what was supposed to come “soon” ? Account WXP.

Hule.8794

Danikat you mean that there will be no account bound XP in feature update? No commander system uverhaul in feature update?
That would be the last slap in faces of all wvw players.(wait, last slap already was in 2013, so this will be slap +3)

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

the thing that annoys me the most with Anet’s whole system is not the massive delays to content but rather the fact that we get no ETA’s. If they could just give an indication as to their target month for releasing certain features I wouldn’t care how far away it was. At least i’d know. Just a heads up for X feature being aimed to be added to the game in X month. I mean come on its not asking much

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Vol.7601

the thing that annoys me the most with Anet’s whole system is not the massive delays to content but rather the fact that we get no ETA’s. If they could just give an indication as to their target month for releasing certain features I wouldn’t care how far away it was. At least i’d know. Just a heads up for X feature being aimed to be added to the game in X month. I mean come on its not asking much

And then when problems arise, and they can’t release it at X date – I presume you wouldn’t come on the forums and rage?

Nike.2631

Technically it could come out next week (March 25th).

ZudetGambeous.9573

They tried that… Account bound Wxp… New legendary weapons… legendary trinkets… 500 cooking… 500 jewelcrafting… precursor scavenger hunt…

All those had an ETA of 2013…. We are already 25% through 2014 and none of those things are even being hinted at as being done… the ETA would be just as meaningless as not telling us anything.

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I heard it was going to be March 32nd.

Or maybe April 31st.

Possibly the fifth Tuesday in May.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You though with out reading then its easy to make up things with out looking them up but they are often going to be wrong.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Soon™

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Guys forget May 31th as some pathc release date. Its Saturday. They dont do updates at Saturday.
And they said no update in June. So July is next.
“short break” between LS and feature patch is 3 months

Seconded. July 1st is Tuesday. sigh Gonna be long…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Danikat you mean that there will be no account bound XP in feature update? No commander system uverhaul in feature update?
That would be the last slap in faces of all wvw players.(wait, last slap already was in 2013, so this will be slap +3)

I don’t know what’s going to be in it. But I do know there’s no way they could put everything everyone has asked for into one patch because even if they started back around Christmas that would be far too much to develop, so someone’s going to be disappointed.

It would make more sense to release features that will mainly interest PvE players during the WvW season when at the moment it looks like there won’t be anything else, then put WvW stuff into the same patch as the start of the next Living Story, which will probably be all PvE.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

ANet is trying their darndest to make sure this game tanks. Terrible class balance in PvP and WvW, and balance changes are now on a 6month patch schedule?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Or maybe April 31st.

I set my computer clock forward to February 30th 2015 and just completed my first scavenger hunt.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Or maybe April 31st.

I set my computer clock forward to February 30th 2015 and just completed my first scavenger hunt.

Grats! Can you tell me who wins on American Idol next year?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Or maybe April 31st.

Of all the things that could make you some serious profit, you ask for American Idol?
Sports bets would be a wiser question, we learnt that from Back to the Future...

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Why wait for season 2 to start/finish before a balance patch?

Balance before season 2 then make minor changes along the way. Seriously it’s like anet wants people to quit the game.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Kaiyanwan.8521

Why wait for season 2 to start/finish before a balance patch?

Balance before season 2 then make minor changes along the way. Seriously it’s like anet wants people to quit the game.

But we can’t quit the game, because we will have our accounts forever (in matters of this games existance).

No matter how many players stop playing, ANet will still count them towards something in their favour… 4.5 Million copies sold or stuff like that, even if 4 Million accounts are deserted.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

March 25th, if it’s true that they wouldn’t put a patch out during the WvW season for balance concerns. Since they’ve always said WvW wasn’t designed to be balanced however, I don’t see why that would stop them.

Due to having “too much to talk about”, their ready up stream is moving to a 1 week schedule for the next 4 weeks. I’m assuming they’ll detail the upcoming PvP changes, which is usually done prior to the patch. This would mean the patch wouldn’t be until late April at the earliest.

Can’t say too much about this, sorry ;( but remember this patch is just rewards phase 2 and the final phase is just around the corner! (It’s not too long after this patch) Disregard any rumors about the feature build being months away. We’ve worked so kitten this build, we are here struggling to be patient just as you all are :/

The build is not in June. Just wanted to squash that before it became a thing! :P

So March 25th or somewhere between April and June.

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s too late. Most people are quitting for either D3 or ESO after today’s patch. My 500 person guild just dissolved to move to D3… Anet got tons and tons of second chances, but people are just fed up with it now.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

It’s too late. Most people are quitting for either D3 or ESO after today’s patch. My 500 person guild just dissolved to move to D3… Anet got tons and tons of second chances, but people are just fed up with it now.

Why are people going to quit? Because they expected that today would be a large feature patch that A-net has said over and over again that it wouldn’t be?

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Why are people going to quit? Because they expected that today would be a large feature patch that A-net has said over and over again that it wouldn’t be?

Because the game is stale and no one wants to wait till July for another failed attempt at balance. Anet has squandered their fortunes with this game. Real competition is coming out now. GW2 isn’t the goto game just because ’there’s nothing else to play’.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

My guess is April 1st with the next SAB release. Anyways, they are doing huge announcements over the next 3 consecutive weeks that ArenaNet genuinely seem excited about (at least that is what they said on Ready Up! last week).

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

I went back to diablo and saw that dev’s actually did listen to player request! And seriously the game is way better than it was.

Me and some friend went back to it. Gw2 is on rest for the moment.

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Because the game is stale and no one wants to wait till July for another failed attempt at balance. Anet has squandered their fortunes with this game. Real competition is coming out now. GW2 isn’t the goto game just because ’there’s nothing else to play’.

Competition is always coming out, using this as a reason is just silly. Also if you feel that way just take a break from the game for a little bit, then wait until the patch comes out. You are in no way bound to the game, you do not pay a subscription, you do not sign your time over. Free to do what ever you need to do.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I went back to diablo and saw that dev’s actually did listen to player request! And seriously the game is way better than it was.

Me too D3 Reaper of Souls is sooooo rewarding and the drops change your characters builds…Blizzard are slow but you do get quality and they LISTEN to there playerbase.

Anyway, back on topic, it will be on a Tuesday, hope that helps…lol.

Vol.7601

Me too D3 Reaper of Souls is sooooo rewarding and the drops change your characters builds…Blizzard are slow but you do get quality and they LISTEN to there playerbase.

It took them what, 2 years to remove the RMAH and change the game?

Yeah, D3 is the shining example of listening to the playerbase…when it’s too late.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

They could at least tell us how long we have to wait until we get to know when they announce the date where they give us an ETA on how long it is till the feature patch.

(edited by Ignavia.7420)

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Yeah, D3 is the shining example of listening to the playerbase…when it’s too late.

I’ve gone back to D3 as well. It’s a breath of fresh air from what the game used to be. I don’t care if it took them 2 years…..they did it and that’s all that matters. Still waiting to see that from Anet.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Why hasn’t anyone mentioned april? Why couldn’t it be april?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Why hasn’t anyone mentioned april? Why couldn’t it be april?

Because WvW Season 2 is running from March 26th to May 30th.
And they said before they would not introduce huge changes to gameplay during a WvW Season because it could have some side effects on the Tournament.

I think April falls between March 26th and May 30th? Not sure

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Ah never heard that before. I really appreciate Anet’s talent at evading promises… everyone could learn from them.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

ya look at GW2… its improved leaps and bounds from all the xpac like features being constantly added… /end sarcasm

No true builld/character diversity in PvE at all (zerk is all that is needed for any class to beat anything in PvE)
PvP is in shambles
WvW is basically whoever has the bigger blob wins
Temporary content and gemstore items to fill your hearts content though

Yea it took blizzard 2 years, but its lookin better with D3 RoS

Right now, I have no reason to believe this feature patch we are waiting for in july will fix the majority of the problems that plague the game. I will gladly eat some crow if it does, but theres no reason to believe it will

ZudetGambeous.9573

Competition is always coming out, using this as a reason is just silly. Also if you feel that way just take a break from the game for a little bit, then wait until the patch comes out. You are in no way bound to the game, you do not pay a subscription, you do not sign your time over. Free to do what ever you need to do.

But that’s the thing…. competition HASN’T been coming out. There was a huge open field since GW2’s launch.

The only major release between launch and now was WoW: Pandas. Do you remember what happened when Pandas launched? The game almost died. Population fell by 40%, and sales plummeted. The devs panicked and quickly launched fractals + ascended gear to draw players back. It mostly worked and the population went back up and stabilized.

Now the drought of games is over. D3 is coming out, then ESO, then Wildstar, then WoW. Anet needs to have a proportional response to that or we will have a repeat of Novermber 2013…

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

But that’s the thing…. competition HASN’T been coming out. There was a huge open field since GW2’s launch.

The only major release between launch and now was WoW: Pandas. Do you remember what happened when Pandas launched? The game almost died. Population fell by 40%, and sales plummeted. The devs panicked and quickly launched fractals + ascended gear to draw players back. It mostly worked and the population went back up and stabilized.

Now the drought of games is over. D3 is coming out, then ESO, then Wildstar, then WoW. Anet needs to have a proportional response to that or we will have a repeat of Novermber 2013…

Ascended gear got introduced around 1 year after MoP and the population didn’t get affected by much at all, the game was at it’s peak at that time. MoP released 1 month after GW2 and it bearly had an effect.

D3 isn’t an MMO, ESO and Wildstar are just decent MMOs and WoW, again? There is no quality-titles to compete with GW2. If players want to give up on the game and go to play crappier games, it is thier choice and WoW have been there for 10 years, if u like the concept of it, you shouldn’t be here.

Nike.2631

No.

Because they painted themselves into a corner by launching the new season so quickly there is not room to get the feature patch out before the game is locked in gameplay stasis for 2 more months.

Maybe it’ll hit next week, but right now the picture is bleak, and its bleak because of the news about WvW Season 2.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Or maybe April 31st.

Evon wins!

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.