When will precursors be craft-able?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya.

I remember from the blog post where this was announced to happen on 2013, that we would craft them, yet, we’re already going to 2014 and on the “to-come” (the last post of the feature patch) this is still not commented.

I’m wondering if ANet decided to not give us that and keep drop rate as the only chance to get one, or grind-gold-till-death to buy one.

Also, nothing planed to block the TP Guilds that Manipulate the precursors values? They are constantly wiping the stocks and re-selling them for over 100-300g more, it’s absurd that who needs to buy them are in the middle of this “Big Guys Groups” playing with the prices.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

you “really need”….yeah plz tell me for what..tell me why you need more than others….hahaha….also price are controlled by market rule and with the release of the wardrobe system everyone is going to make a legendary and everyone want a precursor. So no wonder why is growing….if you think price are controlled or too high leave them there…but bet someone else will buy it instead of you.

(edited by strifer.7986)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Ftom this thread:

We want to let you know that the ability to build your precursor will not be in our upcoming Feature Pack. The way progression and rewards work in Guild Wars 2 have changed quite a bit since we initially talked about that feature, and our main horizontal progression systems are about to get some additional updates in the upcoming feature pack. Because of that, we are looking into several ways to integrate building your precursor into our new updated reward and progression systems we’re working on, which is requiring additional development time and iteration. As always, we’ll share details on this system once it’s far enough along in production we’re ready to discuss it.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Keep in mind that they also said they wanted not to ruin the current precursor market so one can really assume that crafting them will be quite pricey

Max Lexandre.6279

you “really need”….yeah plz tell me for what..tell me why you need more than othes….hahaha..also price are controlled by market rule and with the release of the wardrobe system everyone is going to make a legendary and everyone want a precursor. So no wonder why is growing….if you think price are controlled or leave them there…but bet someone else will buy it instead of you.

Let’s see a thing, 2 days ago i saw in the case of Dawn a stock of 7 (that were the cheapest listings) disappear in 10 minutes, after that by curiosity i open the TP again and check, and, oh dear… Someone posted those 7 Dawns again for +250G (and those were now, the cheapest offer).
I don’t believe it’s a coincidence, i believe it’s the Precursor price being manipulated.

And when i said “really need” i meant the ones who are not buying them just for the sake of re-sell.

Asura thing.

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

you “really need”….yeah plz tell me for what..tell me why you need more than othes….hahaha..also price are controlled by market rule and with the release of the wardrobe system everyone is going to make a legendary and everyone want a precursor. So no wonder why is growing….if you think price are controlled or leave them there…but bet someone else will buy it instead of you.

Let’s see a thing, 2 days ago i saw in the case of Dawn a stock of 7 (that were the cheapest listings) disappear in 10 minutes, after that by curiosity i open the TP again and check, and, oh dear… Someone posted those 7 Dawns again for +250G (and those were now, the cheapest offer).
I don’t believe it’s a coincidence, i believe it’s the Precursor price being manipulated.

And when i said “really need” i meant the ones who are not buying them just for the sake of re-sell.

so …. what …. should this be illegal for you? i call this an investment…someone was smart…

(edited by strifer.7986)

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

If the market supports those higher prices, then it was a good investment for him. There is a huge demand for Dawn right now.

Then again, if he has overpriced them for that +250 Gold, then he’ll probably end up needing to re-list them at a lower price before they sell. If the previous price was ‘just right’, then he’ll have to put them back at the market at that price before they’ll sell and will end up losing a bunch of money to the Trading Post fees.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Monopolizing precursor never works. So all discussion on that is moot.

Don’t expect precursor crafting, I never expect it to come. The game needs much more than that, namely bug fixes and QOL issues before an easier way to obtain a cosmetic.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Max Lexandre.6279

Ftom this thread:

We want to let you know that the ability to build your precursor will not be in our upcoming Feature Pack. The way progression and rewards work in Guild Wars 2 have changed quite a bit since we initially talked about that feature, and our main horizontal progression systems are about to get some additional updates in the upcoming feature pack. Because of that, we are looking into several ways to integrate building your precursor into our new updated reward and progression systems we’re working on, which is requiring additional development time and iteration. As always, we’ll share details on this system once it’s far enough along in production we’re ready to discuss it.

That is nice, can you imagine if we had the choice of 1 precursor when we reach like 7.5/10k Achiv Points?! That would be rewarding! (just for us, we can’t sell)

so …. what …. should this be illegal for you? i call this an investiment…someone was smart…
like the the day i saw a guy selling 50000+ globe of ectoplasm..just make a calculation how many money in that….

I’m not sure, i think it should happen, but not to levels that actually can cause negative effects on a economy that is global, causing the prices to rise absurdly, the thing that saves us is there is not many people doing it, because if everybody did this, Precursor prices would be up to 5k Gold! Sadly precursors as they don’t have any “craft-cost”, it just drops so the price can be manipulated over the “fair”. That is just not healthy to the economy at all.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Keep in mind that they also said they wanted not to ruin the current precursor market so one can really assume that crafting them will be quite pricey

They seem to change their mind on this quite a bit. When they were originally talking about crafting precursors as an option it was partly based on the inflated prices of them on the TP, currently the TP prices are worse than they have ever been.

It would be quite cool to see a long-term reward track that awards a precursor, could even make it account bound.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Max Lexandre.6279

They seem to change their mind on this quite a bit. When they were originally talking about crafting precursors as an option it was partly based on the inflated prices of them on the TP, currently the TP prices are worse than they have ever been.

It would be quite cool to see a long-term reward track that awards a precursor, could even make it account bound.

I Certainly agree, reward one precursor with achiv points milestone or even possible to craft it, but then, it would be account-bound and not trade-able, to be fair.

It would not have direct effect into the economy as some may still choose buy it, or craft it. (just hoping if craft to be not a bajillion gold in mats)

Asura thing.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Sounds like someone made a pretty risky investment. I mean, he has to put money up front to list them. If they don’t sell, then that’s money lost. All that would need to happen is that one or two people get a Dawn and put it up for cheaper. Now his 7 will begin to collect dust.

Then again if the market really is that hungry for those precursors he should make a decent margin. Time will tell.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It’s not just the price itself, but the price relative the potential income of players. They have altered the balance of rewards several times since they first mentioned changing the way precursors were acquired, and are doing it again this month. Every time they change the economy it shifts everything, and throwing a change in precursors into the mix at the same time could crash the market.

Any change to the Legendary creation process, from changing the requirements for gifts, altering the drop rate of crafting materials, or changing the precursors, will cause at least as much upheaval as ascended crafting did, and probably much more. So they have to prepare for it very carefully or a lot of people are going to be very upset. Well, some people are going to be upset no matter what, but they need to minimize the damage.

Static.9841

It’s not just the price itself, but the price relative the potential income of players. They have altered the balance of rewards several times since they first mentioned changing the way precursors were acquired, and are doing it again this month. Every time they change the economy it shifts everything, and throwing a change in precursors into the mix at the same time could crash the market.

I don’t disagree that reward increases can have an impact on the market, however, it’s not as if everyone is suddenly swimming in gold because of it. There really hasn’t been a lot to change the price of precursors in any positive way, nor has there been a reason for them to go so much higher because of any reward changes.

The only times I’ve ever seen them at a ‘reasonable’ price is when the game first started and also when the first ever Karka event came to a close when many precursors dropped and they flooded the market – eg I bought a Spark for 130g, it’s now around 800g.

Any change to the Legendary creation process, from changing the requirements for gifts, altering the drop rate of crafting materials, or changing the precursors, will cause at least as much upheaval as ascended crafting did, and probably much more. So they have to prepare for it very carefully or a lot of people are going to be very upset. Well, some people are going to be upset no matter what, but they need to minimize the damage.

The announcement of ascended weapons didn’t make anything cheaper, it made players anticipate the changes and increase the costs of materials and such on the TP, this was a negative impact created by players.

There are two kinds of people that would have a negative view on the change to requirements – those investing in precursors and overinflated the price and those who have already grinded out a legendary (or multiples, or even spent the vast amount of gold currently required for a precursor) and suddenly feel that their efforts are being trivialised and made easier.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

calling it now, never

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I Certainly agree, reward one precursor with achiv points milestone or even possible to craft it, but then, it would be account-bound and not trade-able, to be fair.

It would not have direct effect into the economy as some may still choose buy it, or craft it. (just hoping if craft to be not a bajillion gold in mats)

If this happens, you will end up paying 1000g more for your t6 mats because every player over a certain AP treshold will get a new precursor simultaniously (which he can only use to craft a leggie).

Those that already have their gifts before that, wont care but still, the t6 market would spike tremendously.

Anet has to add more t6 mats into the economy before adding to the precursor supply.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

tolunart.2095

The announcement of ascended weapons didn’t make anything cheaper, it made players anticipate the changes and increase the costs of materials and such on the TP, this was a negative impact created by players.

There are two kinds of people that would have a negative view on the change to requirements – those investing in precursors and overinflated the price and those who have already grinded out a legendary (or multiples, or even spent the vast amount of gold currently required for a precursor) and suddenly feel that their efforts are being trivialised and made easier.

I didn’t say it would make things cheaper, I said it would damage the market. If they announced that next week’s patch would change the way precursors were obtained, crafting mats right now would be so high that the average player couldn’t finish levelling alts or crafting ascended gear for weeks. The entire reason why they haven’t done this is because it would damage the market, and the changes that are coming will already do that, they don’t want it to completely crash.

The market requires both sides – buyers and sellers – to survive. When players cannot buy basic items like crafting mats, speculators sell to each other until they run out of money and whoever is left holding the overpriced mats loses everything. Remember the real estate bubble? People “flipped” houses to each other until families who actually wanted to buy a house to live in couldn’t find one they could afford, then the flippers ran out of people to flip to. Crash.

And for the record, I’m neither of those two types of people. I own no precursors, sold the one that dropped for me immediately, a year ago, and used the coin to gear and level several alts. I don’t have any Legendary weapons and have no intentions of creating any. But just throwing things into the game without considering the effect on all the players is irresponsible and short-sighted, and will lead to the destruction of the game and the servers shutting down, which affects everyone whether you have a Legendary or not.

tolunart.2095

If this happens, you will end up paying 1000g more for your t6 mats because every player over a certain AP treshold will get a new precursor simultaniously (which he can only use to craft a leggie).

Those that already have their gifts before that, wont care but still, the t6 market would spike tremendously.

Anet has to add more t6 mats into the economy before adding to the precursor supply.

Exactly. And this will happen to a lesser extent as soon as a date is announced for the new process. Many players who want to create a Legendary but are put off by the expense/trouble required to obtain the precursor will see it as a reachable goal and start stockpiling other mats towards that end, raising the prices several times over as speculators stockpile against the rising demand.

Increasing the drop rates or adding new ways to obtain mats will help, but there will still be an effect.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Posted by: Mo Killer.8095

Mo Killer.8095

If they announced that next week’s patch would change the way precursors were obtained, crafting mats right now would be so high that the average player couldn’t finish levelling alts or crafting ascended gear for weeks.

What? People would be forced to take their lvl 80 character and actually farm the T6 mats themselves. Oh no!

If they are that “average” a player that they can’t go get their own materials. maybe they should just give up the game now.

Brother Numsie [WTM] – Guardian – AR

tolunart.2095

If they announced that next week’s patch would change the way precursors were obtained, crafting mats right now would be so high that the average player couldn’t finish levelling alts or crafting ascended gear for weeks.

What? People would be forced to take their lvl 80 character and actually farm the T6 mats themselves. Oh no!

If they are that “average” a player that they can’t go get their own materials. maybe they should just give up the game now.

If it was that easy, everyone who wanted a Legendary would already have one.
It’s the devs’ job to care about things like this, so you don’t have to.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

And / or be completely different Precursors….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

When they are, and not before

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The second set of legendaries will probably be out before precursor crafting. I assume they’ll change how these new legendaries are obtained and never actually implement precursor crafting for the originals.

In short, never.

Static.9841

I didn’t say it would make things cheaper, I said it would damage the market. If they announced that next week’s patch would change the way precursors were obtained, crafting mats right now would be so high that the average player couldn’t finish levelling alts or crafting ascended gear for weeks. The entire reason why they haven’t done this is because it would damage the market, and the changes that are coming will already do that, they don’t want it to completely crash.

That’s why I stated what happened with ascended weapons, the mats skyrocketed for a few weeks then it normalised, I don’t see how this would be any different, especially when you couldn’t even sell ascended items. If players can’t be patient for a few weeks, then it’s on them.

Why would T6 mats affect levelling alts? You don’t need any whilst levelling them and it’s not exactly an expensive road to 80 considering at the most you only need greens.

The market requires both sides – buyers and sellers – to survive. When players cannot buy basic items like crafting mats, speculators sell to each other until they run out of money and whoever is left holding the overpriced mats loses everything. Remember the real estate bubble? People “flipped” houses to each other until families who actually wanted to buy a house to live in couldn’t find one they could afford, then the flippers ran out of people to flip to. Crash.

Do you not think players withholding precursors to artificially inflate the market isn’t damaging? Do you not think this is a player created issue?

There are other ways to get T6 mats than just buying on the TP – I made Incinerator from farming everything (I hate you grawl camp!) and Quip from blowing Laurels I didn’t need on T6 bags and farming (I hate you even more grawl camp!). How you obtain those mats is your own personal choice and how much patience you have/want to have.

(edited by Static.9841)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

When will precursors be craft-able? When Half-Life 3 comes out.

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

800 gold worth of Icy Runestones

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

calling it now, never

I hate to say it, but I think he’s right. Although in saying that, I’ve never wanted anyone to be more wrong.

I still remember Linsey Murdoch’s words about precursor prices being monitored back in 2012. Must be still within their limits I see, as it’s ~5x the price they were back then.

And I’ve said this in other threads but CJ has mentioned (google PAX 2013 Colin Johanson interview) that it would be towards the end of 2013 when they’d be craftable. Then early 2014. Then as a part of the upcoming features pack. Now… well it’s anyone’s guess, but it’s looking like it won’t happen.

Funny, the only time a dev voluntarily speaks out on this forum is to dish up bad news… regarding pre’s anyway.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

They said we’d have it by the end of 2013.
They said it was delayed but would be out soon.
Then they said nothing.
Then they said this….

My best guess, they don’t care.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Soon™

15charr

Attachments:

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Hopefully it will never be craftable. I hate crafting and know many agree. They also never said anything about it being craftable, they instead said it could be “made.”

I do want to get away from only RNG, and would love a scavenger hunt type quest (like GW1 Moa Chick) to obtain one. Make me work for it, but don’t make me just grind or buy from TP materials to craft.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.