When will we see dueling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

So…is the fear that people are going to duel each other, then follow you around the map fighting? Do people follow you around now using skills just to annoy you? There are some things in PvE that I find to be a little obnoxious (constume brawl), but I’m perfectly find with them being in the game, and with people doing them while they wait around for stuff. I really don’t understand what the problem is.

Spend 1/2 hour in any game that has open world dueling.

I’ve played Rift, and to a lesser extent WoW, what’s your point? I was never harassed or had any problems because of dueling.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

im for dueling since lvl 1 but hey they dont care to place simple thing like this into the game so iv stop asking for it

Posted by: Tuncer.3069

Tuncer.3069

This is fun to see: The mad genius Asuran (creator of super fun box) created a shrink item that shrinks you into a toy box where you can duel eachother :P The toybox is placed into the world and can be seen by people just talking to it (spectator mode kinda – it zooms into the toybox and you see 2 people fighting) The one that placed the item is the “admin” of the toybox as long as it lasts – he can close it any minute or when the duel ends the toybox dissapears.

Posted by: davidandrei.7465

davidandrei.7465

is the standard for other mmo’s dueling feature like some kind of free for all? i dont understand why people are so scared this will happen. I picture dueling as right click character, send duel invite, which recipient can decline/accept and maybe even a feature for autodecline, then either fight or just keep it moving. im pretty sure people are asking for duel and not ambush. Like hey im in fireheart rise waiting for guildie to finish using merchant/set traits/switch char/ etc and i want to 1v1 a guildie to pass the time. There should be a way to do that. To do this now would require us to go spvp or transfer to a server thats versus my opponent’s server. all were asking is for hey wanna 1v1, ok cool, lets go, win/lose, keep it moving. no separate instance, no separate traits and armors or whatever else.