Where are the Lions?

Where are the Lions?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

There is a city called Lion’s Arch but not a single Lion in the game. Give us lions!

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They’re all in Elona.

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Blame palawa joko he flooded the elon river and made access to elona impossible.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Where are the Lions?

In Detroit.

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

they evolved into Charr??

Evon 4 Mayor!!!

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Krytan was originally an outlying colony of one of the Elonian dynasties. Lion’s Arch was one of it’s first cities so they probably named it after something from home.

Alternatively maybe they knew about lions, thought they were cool and decided to use them. Which as far as I can tell is how the lion came to be a symbol of England. (Scotland had a better idea IMO they went with a unicorn.)

On a related note somewhere there’s a blog post from back before Guild Wars 1 came out where one of the writers talks about the real development of the name and the reaction from the developers when she initially decided Lagborough would be a good choice.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

They were delicious.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

There are lions in WvW eternal battlegrounds. Bottom left hand side of the map where the large keep surrounded by water is. Go check them out, I was surprised

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

There are lions in WvW eternal battlegrounds. Bottom left hand side of the map where the large keep surrounded by water is. Go check them out, I was surprised

I searched all over that area, and couldn’t find anything. Could you please post a picture? I don’t want to accuse anybody of doing a little lion…

(Disregard the little lion in the picture. I’m pretty sure he’s my mini pet.)

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

They are extinct, due to overhunting by the skritt.

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I searched all over that area, and couldn’t find anything. Could you please post a picture? I don’t want to accuse anybody of doing a little lion…

I think they (or maybe just the one) are on the swampy bit of land South of Wildcreek.

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Not sure how you didn’t see them, but here they are.
They are female lions, aka Lionesses.

Pics:

Attachments:

Where are the Lions?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

^— A mountain lion/cougar/puma/whatever you want to call it because they’re all technically the same is not the same thing as a lion lion. They’re of a different genus and species.

Lions are only found, as far as we know, in Elona. As someone above pointed out Kryta was originally an Elonian colony.

Where are the Lions?

Danikat.8537

^— A mountain lion/cougar/puma/whatever you want to call it because they’re all technically the same is not the same thing as a lion lion. They’re of a different genus and species.

Lions are only found, as far as we know, in Elona. As someone above pointed out Kryta was originally an Elonian colony.

It’s hard to tell with in-game models (see bat) but that looks more like a lioness than a cougar to me. Main difference being the facial markings (or lack of) and the shape of the ears.

Where are the Lions?

Hamfast.8719

Ah, I see ‘em now. They’re labeled “Stalker”. I guess a Melandru’s Stalker without the stripes. And no juveniles aside from my mini pet.

GW1 never had a nice fully-maned male lion either. Not like the statue in LA. I would really love to see one of those and be able to charm one for a Ranger’s pet. But with their insistence on retaining the “Juvenile” prefix forever, I doubt that will happen since juveniles don’t have full manes.

They really need to change “Juvenile” to “Charmed” or “Pet” after a Ranger takes it for his own.

Where are the Lions?

Danikat.8537

Ah, I see ‘em now. They’re labeled “Stalker”. I guess a Melandru’s Stalker without the stripes. And no juveniles aside from my mini pet.

GW1 never had a nice fully-maned male lion either. Not like the statue in LA. I would really love to see one of those and be able to charm one for a Ranger’s pet. But with their insistence on retaining the “Juvenile” prefix forever, I doubt that will happen since juveniles don’t have full manes.

They really need to change “Juvenile” to “Charmed” or “Pet” after a Ranger takes it for his own.

You can rename the pet to anything you want and when you do the prefix disappears.

Most people give it an actual name but if you wanted to you could just re-name it to Stalker or whatever if you wanted to.

Where are the Lions?

Hamfast.8719

You can rename the pet to anything you want and when you do the prefix disappears.

Most people give it an actual name but if you wanted to you could just re-name it to Stalker or whatever if you wanted to.

Oh yes, I’m quite aware of that. Unfortunately, if you like to change up pets often, the game doesn’t remember their names. Many Rangers get tired of renaming after awhile, and you see a lot of “Juvenile” this-and-that around town all the time. Which is annoying if you see an animal in the distance that you want to capture, and you run over to it only to discover he’s already someone else’s pet.