Where did you get your PreCurser?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

The mystic toilet. That’s the best, most accurate description I’ve seen for it yet. haha

Posted by: brently.7946

brently.7946

I got mine to drop from a Warg in Guilty Tears, Timberline Falls. This was after a couple thousand hours of game play and I have yet to get another drop… at over 4k hours total now.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I save all of my T5 inscription mats and when i get a stack of each I craft tons of weapons to toss in the toilet. Been playing since startup and so far Iv’e got 2 Dusks and Leaf of Kudzu. All 3 were looted early on Sunday mornings.

Mostly i get common exotics but sometimes they have decent sigils on them. I’m guessing i’m about even so far on gold if I would have just sold the mats and bought the pre. To be totally honest I don’t expect one to ever drop in the game for me.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Dawn from the forge and sold it. Bought my next 5

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

Ive never actually seen one drop for anyone. Im thinking TP is my best bet

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Colossus – Claw of Jormag chest
Dusk – WvWvW
Leaf of Kudzu – Mystic Forge

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

The same place I get all the good drops!

(no where) ;_;

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

Saved up and bought Collossus for my Juggernaut off the TP, my first drop was a Tooth of Frostfang from the JP chest at Morgan’s Spiral, later got a Zap after throwing many rare swords in the forge.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

TP most likely
MF most common
Drop most pleasing =)

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

If I’d care about owning an ugly-but-ultra-shiny-and-glowing-mob-smasher-tool I’d probably had to spend a kittenload of gold on the TP, since I never ever had one drop (and prbly never will, since I tend to only get valuable drops when they ain’t valuable anymore. Has been like this in gw1 aswell… e. g. elemental swords. When they were somewhat valuable- solo farmed elona elementals hard- never had one drop. Then prices dropped hard to insignificance- guess who suddenly found one elemental sword after another…).

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Venom – TP
Rage – TP
Rodgort’s Flame – bought from a friend who had it drop in Arah (later sold it on TP)
Dusk – bought from a friend (don’t know where he got it)
Leaf of Kudzu – TP
Tooth of Frostfang – two rare pistols & two rare shields in the MF
Dusk – Raptor loot bag in pvp (sold it, bought Dawn & made Eternity)
Chaos Gun – Bag of Gear from Silverwastes
Venom – Bag of Gear from Silverwastes (gave to a friend)
Tooth of Frostfang – Heriloom Seed Pouch champ bag (gave to husband)
Zap – Heirloom Seed Pouch champ bag
Carcharias – Husband got it from 4 random rares in the forge and gave it to me.
Rodgort’s Flame – Husband got it from 4 random rares in the forge and gave it to me.

My husband also lucked out and got Dusk from 3 random rare weapons and 1 rare armor piece in the forge.

I didn’t start getting lucky with precursors until very very recently. after about 6k hours played. I don’t buy rares or exotics to throw in the forge. I only throw in the rare weapons I get as drops. (I salvage the rare armor.)

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I got my first two days ago from using Star of Gratitude. I got storm.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

It’s not “where”, it’s “when”

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

For my Kamohoali’i Kotaki, I bought it on the AH. For 22g at the time.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Lucky drop in TA, fwd I believe. Frostfang.

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

My first one, I got from the MF for 13g.

My second one was a gift from a friend.

My third one, the prec was given to me by a guild mate. I made the legendary than gave it to that guild mate.

My fourth one, I bought off the TP then of which I made the legendary then sold it to get my fifth one.

My sixth one, I again bought off the TP, made the legendary, and then combined it with my fifth one in order to get eternity. Then I sold eternity and used the funds in order to get my seventh one.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’ve been playing since the beginning and only a couple months ago I received my first (and probably last) precursor in Edge of the Mists. I was AOE’ing a bunch of enemies from behind the wurm gate at Badlands, and I checked my inventory after looting my loot and found the Tooth of Frostfang.

Sadly something I invested in went pear shaped and I lost 3/4 of the money on it, rendering my precursor find, pretty much a complete waste of time. Hopefully next time if I receive another precursor, I’ll probably just keep it and turn it into a legendary. Unless it’s an underwater one, then I won’t bother XD

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

I got mine from the first week Champion Bags were introduced.

It was Venom. It was worth 27g. I cried tears of anguish knowing I’d never get another Precursor that was actually going to be useful, nor the money to purchase one, and quit the game for a year.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So, I got my first Precursor today (besides buying one last year) from the Mystic Forge. The Colossus. A couple of weeks back I started throwing 4 cheap random rares in, once every 2 or 3 days whenever I got them, and was shocked to have that show up.

6,613 hours.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

So, I got my first Precursor today (besides buying one last year) from the Mystic Forge. The Colossus. A couple of weeks back I started throwing 4 cheap random rares in, once every 2 or 3 days whenever I got them, and was shocked to have that show up.

6,613 hours.

Nice.

I really want to get a precursor this way. Randomly throwing rares at the MF.

@on topic
I got 2 a while back,The Hunter and Zap,but I was trying to get both,it was not randomly at all.

The Hunter was a surprise because I used random rares (like 1 hammer,1 bow,etc…) and I got it,but I was still trying for a precursor.

Since I found out that MF dropped precursors I started using all the gold I got into the MF and I had no luck. Everytime I saved about 150g~ I would spend it all on rares,I was broke all the time lol.

By the way,the gold I got from The Hunter and Zap,I wasted it all on rares and got 0 precursors.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve had precursors before, but the one I just found… that’s a weird story.

I just found Howl on my necromancer. And when I say found, I mean I found it somewhere in her inventory. I keep her permanent belongings in an invisible bag on the bottom of her inventory, so the rubbish she gathers top-down stays separate from the important stuff.

I only use her to craft, harvest my home instance, and process surplus ascended materials with Princess, Mawdrey II and the Star. Occasionally, I grab and/or craft too much stuff and her inventory fills up completely. At one such time, the Howl must’ve got stuck in her invisible bag without me noticing. Might’ve happened months ago. Embarrassing.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I thought I salvaged The Hunter once upon a time.
Had the skin unlocked in my wardrobe, so I googled it, because I couldn’t remember where I got it, and saw that it was the skin of the precursor.

Turns out though, that you could get the same skin from the PVP Plated Sniper rifle from back in the days of PvP weapons. I apparently had unlocked the skin from the PvP version of the rifle and when the wardrobe change took effect, it transferred over.

I about had a heart attack, and my guildies were about to kick me out of the guild :P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I thought I salvaged The Hunter once upon a time.
Had the skin unlocked in my wardrobe, so I googled it, because I couldn’t remember where I got it, and saw that it was the skin of the precursor.

Turns out though, that you could get the same skin from the PVP Plated Sniper rifle from back in the days of PvP weapons. I apparently had unlocked the skin from the PvP version of the rifle and when the wardrobe change took effect, it transferred over.

I about had a heart attack, and my guildies were about to kick me out of the guild :P

I nearly salvaged my precursor. I got it by throwing 4 random rares in the forge and got an exotic hammer. Looked it over. Thought it was ugly and was debating salvaging it for the skin and sigil or selling it. Decided to check the price to see if it was worth selling and…. that’s when I realized it was a precursor. Lol.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

I got The Chosen over a year ago while doing a daily AC run. Had 2k hours at the time I found it, now I have close to 5k hours and I’ve never found another precursor.

I want to point out that I never use the forge though.

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

1. Carcharias – dropped from a keep lord bag in WvW
2. Dusk – TP
3. Tooth of Frostfang – TP
4. Spark – TP
5. Tooth of Frostfang – dropped from Fyonna in TA up
6. Zap – forged using exos bought from selling Tooth of Frostfang

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

1. Dusk – Dropped by a YB thief I killed in WvW
2. The Bard – Sharkmaw JP chest.

Posted by: AmpQueenThe Spiteful.3280

AmpQueenThe Spiteful.3280

The first one I got was from the mystic forge. I had around 30g and decided to just take my chances out of boredom. I threw in 3 exo greatswords and a forge stone.
poof
Leaf of Kudzu

Second was from an exotic coin purse in the Silverwastes. Opened it with some boosted magic find, ended up with Dusk.

Needless to say I sold both of them, but at the time I wasn’t working on The Bifrost, so I didn’t use the gold to buy The Legend.
cries