Where is GW2 now?

Where is GW2 now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

Quite simply, players are out in the world. And they are doing events and killing mobs that were, previously ignored. And players are playing with other players. And I believe ppl are having fun.

I go anywhere in the world now and engage map chat and find myself neck deep in a conversation followed by ppl randomly getting together for an event and enjoying themselves. The lack of this is what was KILLING this game for me.

The last time ppl were upset about the leveling system I went out and made myself a new toon and lvl’d it purely by mapping. I enjoyed it and I assume if I were to do it again after this fp, I would enjoy it again. Before, this wasn’t the case. Pre megaserver, pre lvling system rework, maps used to be bare, boring and depressing. However, now, the leveling system, megaservers, LS, crafting and trait system are RECONNECTING PLAYERS WITH THE WORLD OUTSIDE OF MAJOR CITIES. This is what Anet needed to do and fast. (They have not fully done this but they are on their way to, I believe.)

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Where is GW2 now?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I think the big issue is that for a lot of veteran players, they don’t want the level-gated nonsense. They want to have everything available to them on alternate characters so that they can just go out and explore.

I don’t think that’s a wrong sentiment to have.

Where is GW2 now?

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Sure the megaserver system (with some flaws) gave this issue a solution. But seriously they had to stop there and not push this new leveling nonsense.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Where is GW2 now?

Posted by: LionHeart.2804

LionHeart.2804

I think the big issue is that for a lot of veteran players, they don’t want the level-gated nonsense. They want to have everything available to them on alternate characters so that they can just go out and explore.

+100

Where is GW2 now?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

+100

+1000

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Where is GW2 now?

siralius.9517

Sure the megaserver system (with some flaws) gave this issue a solution. But seriously they had to stop there and not push this new leveling nonsense.

I’m a qqer. I’m open to the qq. But I fail to understand what the problem is. If you’re a vet you should know the game by now, you should know the world, you should know how to level your toon quick. It should literally take you but a few hours, at max, to hit lvl 15 (from mapping). At this point, what is locked, other than skills, that doesn’t allow you to explore? I’m not for or against the leveling rework this feature patch; I can’t be either or because I haven’t leveled a new toon since it’s been implemented. Only thing I know is, the maps and the stuff inside them are being used more than what they used to be. This is what I think Anet needs to continue to elaborate on.

Where is GW2 now?

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

+100

+1000

+10000

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Where is GW2 now?

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I’m a qqer. I’m open to the qq. But I fail to understand what the problem is. If you’re a vet you should know the game by now, you should know the world, you should know how to level your toon quick. It should literally take you but a few hours, at max, to hit lvl 15 (from mapping). At this point, what is locked, other than skills, that doesn’t allow you to explore? I’m not for or against the leveling rework this feature patch; I can’t be either or because I haven’t leveled a new toon since it’s been implemented. Only thing I know is, the maps and the stuff inside them are being used more than what they used to be. This is what I think Anet needs to continue to elaborate on.

Forcing people to do stuff they do not want to do so that people can feel like maps aren’t empty is absurd. When the game launched they said you could WVW and PVP with out ever doing pve. That is not true any more. they could have stopped fixing stuff after the megaserver but no they had to not just merge servers but also force everyone to do events and then make everyone with a down arrow a kitten by not allowing them skills and abilities until high levels. They have crossed the line so many times I am surprised there is people stubborn enough to keep playing.

I’m happy you enjoy your pve it really is worth it to ruin the game for so many others so that you can have more enjoyment.

Where is GW2 now?

Etien.4601

You know I came to this game because I got hooked with the “vast exploration” of Tyria and the manifesto as a whole during the PR campaign. So before the release of GW2 I sat down and read trough the lore ( cause I missed GW1). I made my own walktrough for it with videos and infos and such. I’ve never been a key farmer. I’ve never been a fast roller. I just made 3 characters and all leveled them up to 100% map. 1 year later after release I made my first legendary. Since then I still make new characters I haven’t played just because of the exploration and fresh feels. I did all this till yesteday.

Yes I am a veteran player and I still love to play like a noob when making a new character. But this change dumbs me down so hard I don’t even find the will to even log in right now. And you know why? Because I AM A kitten VETERAN PLAYER.

Where is GW2 now?

Etien.4601

On a side note, this is the first game I see with such a drastic change in the starting zones… after 2 years in it’s life span on the market. I’ve seen in other games the publisher throwing vet scrolls for instant max lvl or things like that when making changes to starting zones. But here it’s just one simple punch in the face.

I don’t mind this change. But give me a bone here. We are here since day 1 afterall.

Where is GW2 now?

siralius.9517

You know I came to this game because I got hooked with the “vast exploration” of Tyria and the manifesto as a whole during the PR campaign. So before the release of GW2 I sat down and read trough the lore ( cause I missed GW1). I made my own walktrough for it with videos and infos and such. I’ve never been a key farmer. I’ve never been a fast roller. I just made 3 characters and all leveled them up to 100% map. 1 year later after release I made my first legendary. Since then I still make new characters I haven’t played just because of the exploration and fresh feels. I did all this till yesteday.

Yes I am a veteran player and I still love to play like a noob when making a new character. But this change dumbs me down so hard I don’t even find the will to even log in right now. And you know why? Because I AM A kitten VETERAN PLAYER.

Fair enough. My misunderstanding is coming from someone who’s had about 15+80s. At this point, all of my slots are maxed out with 80s and I don’t think I’ll be leveling another toon in the near future.

I watched that video someone has posted in their thread pertaining to the changes and it does, indeed, look as though not just the leveling system but the entire introduction to GW2 has been fouled up. I’m not going to defend that. It was a horrible move by Anet. I’m not sure what they were thinking.