Where's the 22. july patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sagath.5921

Sagath.5921

As the title says, where is this patch or have they abandoned they every other week patch basis? There’s alot to balance.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Patches don’t come definitively every two weeks from a Tuesday. And no, they haven’t abandoned the “every other Tuesday patch”.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

They didn’t say anything about a patch, so i don’t know why you were expacting one.the whole “every 2 weeks” was for living story which is done now (atleast until HoT) it didnt reffer to anything else, balance patches will be released when they’re ready.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

They said they would do balance patch every 2 weeks right after specialization changes.. A patch should be yesterday. How i can take them serious at this point?

obey me

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

It’s not even 6am where Anet are..

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Critical exploits in WvW introduced friday and they dont even release a patch tuesday… yeah… Anet is apparently on vacation. Sure they skip some weeks, but look in the release forum – its still normally every two weeks.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well they are around 14-18 hours late to their usual updates, but it is not the first time an update has been skipped to the next teuseday instead.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well it’s Wednesday now so they missed Tuesday which it the OPs point.

Now I didn’t hear they would release a balance patch every two weeks. That sounds more like an excuse that players with a grudge use so others think their complaints are warranted.

We get it, your favorite min/max build got trashed and you have an ax to grind. Learn to adapt both your build and playstyle. I know I’m relearning my thief and she wasn’t even some awesome meta build and it’s annoying. Change is the nature of MMOs builds.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

EdgarMTanaka.7291

We get it, your favorite min/max build got trashed and you have an ax to grind. Learn to adapt both your build and playstyle. I know I’m relearning my thief and she wasn’t even some awesome meta build and it’s annoying. Change is the nature of MMOs builds.

I don’t want a balance patch becouse of that, I want Mesmer, Cele ele, Warriors rampage, Burning och the way to high damage in PvP fixed. It has ruined my PvP enjoyement and I havent played PvP for a good while now becouse PvP is utterly booring, broken and uneven.

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Behellagh.1468

I don’t want a balance patch becouse of that, I want Mesmer, Cele ele, Warriors rampage, Burning och the way to high damage in PvP fixed. It has ruined my PvP enjoyement and I havent played PvP for a good while now becouse PvP is utterly booring, broken and uneven.

Fixed your post, too many start quotes.

RIP City of Heroes

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Fixed your post, too many start quotes.

Thank you.

dsslive.8473

They said they would do balance patch every 2 weeks right after specialization changes.. A patch should be yesterday. How i can take them serious at this point?

oh did not know about that, maybe the balancing just isnt ready to release yet? you cant force it.

Behellagh.1468

oh did not know about that, maybe the balancing just isnt ready to release yet? you cant force it.

Well as I said I don’t think that’s true but a rumor started with hope it’ll get repeated enough that people like you would assume it’s true and possibly join them in bad mouthing the company. One of the oldest tactics to sway public opinion.

RIP City of Heroes

dsslive.8473

Well as I said I don’t think that’s true but a rumor started with hope it’ll get repeated enough that people like you would assume it’s true and possibly join them in bad mouthing the company. One of the oldest tactics to sway public opinion.

well anyone is free to post a source, i don’t really care enough to go find it myself.

Whether there should have been a patch or not, doesn’t really matter. If not, then well no patch happened none was announced so, no harm no foul. If there was supposed to be a patch, it got delayed, big deal, obviously something wasn’t ready to be released. And forcing an unfinished balance patch to go through would only make things worse instead of having a little bit of patience and have things fixed (if they need fixing) properly.

Also, on badmouthing, there’s really nothing to be accomplished there, you really just ome off as whiny and nobody likes that :p Have something to say, say it respectfully and constructively (unlike the current warhorn storm )

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

it’s completely unacceptable for them to take as long as they do to address anything. They released a major patch with a host of issues a month ago and have barely done any iterating since.

Anybody defending this behavior is just… wrong.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

“balance patch every 2 weeks”? lmao no way they would do that even if they could and that would make things even worse. They need time to look at all metrics they collect and figuer out what they want to change, make the changes and test them, changes go live. That’s just too much work for a pipe dream, besides they have everyone working H.O.T as they have said several times.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

“balance patch every 2 weeks”? lmao no way they would do that even if they could and that would make things even worse. They need time to look at all metrics they collect and figuer out what they want to change, make the changes and test them, changes go live. That’s just too much work for a pipe dream, besides they have everyone working H.O.T as they have said several times.

That’s actually not really the way good balancing works. Since balance is never perfect, especially in a class-based MMO, the key is to iterate frequently with minor tuning changes while accumulating data about things that may need more extensive overhauls. This also keeps the meta more interesting.

Balance patches should really happen weekly, like they do in most other games. GW2 has exceptionally poor balance protocols that do little besides generate frustration.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

JediYoda.1275

That’s actually not really the way good balancing works. Since balance is never perfect, especially in a class-based MMO, the key is to iterate frequently with minor tuning changes while accumulating data about things that may need more extensive overhauls. This also keeps the meta more interesting.

Balance patches should really happen weekly, like they do in most other games. GW2 has exceptionally poor balance protocols that do little besides generate frustration.

I never said the way they do balancing is good and even weekly balancing won’t happen either for things I said above. Plus the dev’s want the players give all the skills a good work over and time to settle into new meta/builds from the changes. Again its just a pipe dream that won’t ever happen!

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

This is exactly why anet should have just said “expect more frequent updates until hot releases” instead of saying every two weeks.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Kitten a balance patch!

How about another Major BUG FIX PATCH to fix the Crap-ton of Bugs introduced by June 23rd’s Specialization update?

Yeah, we got a major Bug Fix patch on July 7th that addressed some of that kitten. But there’s still a TON of BUGS that need desperate attention. Every class is riddled with half-broken skills, traits, faulty sigil/rune proc’ing and whatnot. And many of these issues are rather severe. (See the Bugs and Class forums for more details.)

Moonlight [THRU]

JediYoda.1275

This is exactly why anet should have just said “expect more frequent updates until hot releases” instead of saying every two weeks.

source?

jweez.7214

source?

For the hypothetical thing that I wish they said? No, I do not have a source for that.

If your talking about the 2 week balance updates. They said it in one of their videos.

Posted by: Gomssi.7246

Gomssi.7246

Kitten a balance patch!

How about another Major BUG FIX PATCH to fix the Crap-ton of Bugs introduced by June 23rd’s Specialization update?

Yeah, we got a major Bug Fix patch on July 7th that addressed some of that kitten. But there’s still a TON of BUGS that need desperate attention. Every class is riddled with half-broken skills, traits, faulty sigil/rune proc’ing and whatnot. And many of these issues are rather severe. (See the Bugs and Class forums for more details.)

i must not be paying attention to my game play… didnt notice much honestly…. probably because pve + 11111 (repeated) = win.

jweez.7214

source?

For the hypothetical thing that I wish they said? No, I do not have a source for that.

If your talking about the 2 week balance updates. They said it in one of their videos.

I am sorry. That was pretty snotty of me.

I believe the 2 week balance updates was said during their live streams. I am unsure which one. It was also referenced in a wp video.

I’m at work right now so I can’t look but hopefully someone else knows better and can cite the source.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They never said this. Never. “Around every couple of weeks” in colloquial English could mean 3 scheduled updates in 10 or even 12 weeks. And even then, it’s not a promise, it’s a goal that gets pushed back if things are ready in time.

(Don’t get me wrong: I’d prefer to see updates every two weeks and I’d prefer that they didn’t drop the festivals and other temporary content while they work on HoT — I hope that they figure out a better balance for the next expac.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

JediYoda.1275

I finaly found the source thanks to another poster

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Things-we-know/page/2#post5200018

JonPeters
“I understand that this would be helpful but in the absence of a test server, which is our current situation, we will do as much as we can as fast as we can. We made some changes today and more will be coming as the week goes on. After that our intention is to make balance and bug fix changes to this stuff every couple of weeks leading up to the release of HoT.”

The key word people are missing is “intention” 1.a thing intended; an aim or plan:
It’s not a guarantee of releasing patches every two weeks

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

JonPeters
“I understand that this would be helpful but in the absence of a test server, which is our current situation, we will do as much as we can as fast as we can. We made some changes today and more will be coming as the week goes on. After that our intention is to make balance and bug fix changes to this stuff every couple of weeks leading up to the release of HoT.”

The key word people are missing is “intention” 1.a thing intended; an aim or plan:

Equally important are the words “every couple of weeks” — in colloquial English, this doesn’t mean “every two weeks” — regardless of whether they intend to stick to it or not, they never promised an update every Tuesday.

edit: grammar fix
edit: as Jedi Yoga correctly points out, “intention” is every bit as key; I’ve rephrased accordingly.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

JediYoda.1275

JonPeters

The key words are “every couple of weeks” — in colloquial English, this doesn’t mean “every two weeks” — regardless of whether they intend to stick to it or not, they never promised an update every Tuesday.

Look I’m not here to play semantic word games with you

If you read my post I never once said they promised a patch every two weeks like others have claimed they did. I was simply pointing out what some people are misinterpreting as a guarantee when it isn’t. Sorry “intention” is a keyword here like it or not, for all we know the dev could have misspoke.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Both the, “couple of weeks,” and the, “intention,” give them some wiggle room. Hopefully updates on those intentions are in the works.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Both the, “couple of weeks,” and the, “intention,” give them some wiggle room. Hopefully updates on those intentions are in the works.

A couple is 2. The intention does give them an out, but many players are pretty sick of them using weasel words and phrases to get out of stuff. I would personally much rather them say X amount of time and then come out and say sorry it’s going to be late, but I’m not everyone and I know others would react differently. If they come out with a very good/large update next week I’ll accept the delay with no hard feelings myself regardless though.

I think that players are just a bit worried since balance patches in the past have been slow… to say the least.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

JonPeters

The key words are “every couple of weeks” — in colloquial English, this doesn’t mean “every two weeks” — regardless of whether they intend to stick to it or not, they never promised an update every Tuesday.

LOL. A “couple” means 2.

Behellagh.1468

A couple is 2.

Wrong.

Dictionary.com

Idioms
14. a couple of, more than two, but not many, of; a small number of; a few:

Merriam Webster.com

4. : an indefinite small number : few <a couple of days ago>

So what was a statement of intent of releasing multiple balance patches until HoT ships gets “translated” to a promise of balance patches every two weeks.

And players wonder why ANet prefers to say nothing. Because It’s darn tough to misinterpret nothing except then that’s used as an example of the devs not being communicative to us.

Dial it back people.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

They did have to add weapon swap to Revenants, perhaps that’s having unforseen conflicts with the legendary swapping mechanic and and they’ve dropped everything else to complete it before the next beta weekend.

Posted by: Empanda.4617

Empanda.4617

A couple is 2.

Wrong.

Dictionary.com

Idioms
14. a couple of, more than two, but not many, of; a small number of; a few:

Merriam Webster.com

4. : an indefinite small number : few <a couple of days ago>

So what was a statement of intent of releasing multiple balance patches until HoT ships gets “translated” to a promise of balance patches every two weeks.

And players wonder why ANet prefers to say nothing. Because It’s darn tough to misinterpret nothing except then that’s used as an example of the devs not being communicative to us.

Dial it back people.

You did not look at the full way a couple defined as.

From http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/couple looking at the adjective it can also mean: Two- also few > seen in (a couple drinks)

Americans as I have seen in my culture (not saying all Americans use it this way since there are those I’m sure who don’t) use “couple” as 2 and “A few” as 3 or more but usually no more then 10 (some even go till 20 but my experience with people using a few that way aren’t a lot). Even WoodenPotatoes (the youtuber) in one of his videos assumed they meant every week to every 2 weeks (not saying that just because a youtuber said it, it must be true.) If they meant more then two weeks seeing how they use pacific time for some of their stuff, they should have said “a few” since they obviously didn’t mean “couple”.

Now words are used differently from culture to culture so it could be that everyone is just seeing it in their culture’s eyes (Even I’m guilty of this) and are a wee it upset over it. As they have a right to be, but lets all keep in mind that they’re working kitten HoT trying to give us a good expansion as fast as possible. Which of course isn’t easy, not saying you should just forget about it, but developing code and developing a game is hard. I’m sure they could use our support, if your looking for something to do there are ways people kept themselves entertained in guildwars (one) I’m sure you guys can think of something. For example I’ve gone back to GW to farm achievements with some of my guildmates for when HoM finally reopens, also wintersday week is starting today so perfect time for certain sweet tooth achievements and stuff.

JediYoda.1275

Dial it back people.

Exactly what I tried to tell them

Illconceived Was Na.9781

JonPeters

Look I’m not here to play semantic word games with you

If you read my post I never once said they promised a patch every two weeks like others have claimed they did. I was simply pointing out what some people are misinterpreting as a guarantee when it isn’t. Sorry “intention” is a keyword here like it or not, for all we know the dev could have misspoke.

I apologize: I quoted you to point out that there was nothing in the original quote that suggested 22 July, regardless of intent. You are correct that “intention” is just as key in understanding the what the devs said and I’ll rephrase my post so that is clear.