Where to farm now?

Where to farm now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

As long as the zerg exists in the area, nothing is going to solve the 4 fort defense problem, because it’s always going to draw in a good portion of the player population in the area. What they can do is soften up the problem a bit though, and they did that by moving the “carrot” towards the other forts and players.

I’m not sure what super fast zergs you’re in, but I’ve never seen a single zerg scale up all four forts before. The one’s in the maps I’ve been in are usually only moving in between either 2 or 3 of the forts.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

What about playing the game as intended?

If farming isn’t the intended way to play the game, why does Anet keep building rewards around who farms the most?

Only one reward is based around who farms the most – legendaries.

You’re forgetting ascended equipment. And cool skins. And exotic’s if you want the dungeon set. And exotics if you want to craft them (30 T6’s for the armor). And even if you don’t grind the mats for the items, you have to grind the gold. The only rewards unrelated to doing the same task over and over are some titles and the story instance rewards.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Or play the game for it’s content.

Or farm because:

A. They enjoy it

B. content is boring once you have done it a few times and got your achievements

C. Boring content that has poor rewards is not worth repeating

Not sure who you are to judge what people do in game.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Looks at his stock pile of maize blams….. err farm ambeints with maize balm! Then I can sell at a profit

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I know it’s not as profitable, but this is the exact reason why modern MMO aren’t RPG anymore, most of the ppl are thinking just about how to farm money/mats/items efficiently, not about playing the game. And of course, developers aren’t trying to make RPG-friendly game anymore, because it’s waste of time due to the community.

This doesn’t mean anything. You aren’t saying anything. What do you think it means to play the game as intended? In what sense has anet ever said they don’t intend people to farm if those people desire? You have EotM, CS, dungeon, etc farming in the game that anet is totally okay with. The only reason SW got nerfed (patch says “bug” but yeah…) is because it seemed to infinitely produce keys with pretty much zero effort. By farming mats/items I am playing the game. Perhaps even more so than other people because I’m bouncing through all kinds of content trying to get the most out of the day resets (like dungeons and metas and dailies).

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Queensdale +1
They now make farming even better. Watering those plants takes only a few seconds.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I know it’s not as profitable, but this is the exact reason why modern MMO aren’t RPG anymore, most of the ppl are thinking just about how to farm money/mats/items efficiently, not about playing the game. And of course, developers aren’t trying to make RPG-friendly game anymore, because it’s waste of time due to the community.

This doesn’t mean anything. You aren’t saying anything. What do you think it means to play the game as intended? In what sense has anet ever said they don’t intend people to farm if those people desire? You have EotM, CS, dungeon, etc farming in the game that anet is totally okay with. The only reason SW got nerfed (patch says “bug” but yeah…) is because it seemed to infinitely produce keys with pretty much zero effort. By farming mats/items I am playing the game. Perhaps even more so than other people because I’m bouncing through all kinds of content trying to get the most out of the day resets (like dungeons and metas and dailies).

Rule #1: Read the whole topic before posting, I really won’t explain this to everyone, thanks…

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Or play the game for it’s content.

There ALWAYS has to be one of you self-righteous pricks right?

Who the hell do YOU think you are to think you have the authority to self-righteously tell people what they should and shouldn’t like to do?

Where to farm now?

Kasima.8143

What about not telling people what they should and shouldn’t like?

Where to farm now?

Kasima.8143

@Ranger, some people like to farm. That is what they consider fun. It is no different than people that speedclear because they find it fun, or people that chase the world bosses because that’s their fun, or people that repeatedly level a new character. To each their own.

I understand that, but those ppl you just described are doing the farming for fun, and ppl like that usually fell when something is not “right” about the new farming way (Amber) and expect that it gets fixed. Those ppl are not whining on forums after it get fixed, you know?
Those ppl farm for fun.
Ppl complaining in this thread farm for profit, not for fun, that’s very different approach…..

No. People who complain in this thread merely respond to the not too clever ones who think that farming is wrong and that farmers are wrong to enjoy farming.
The ones who ARE complaining and who should shut up are those who try to tell others how to enjoy the game.

Where to farm now?

Kasima.8143

Farming and speedclearing are not fun and no I don’t care anyone thinks he thinks otherwise. The minuscule percent of population doing it is ruining the game for the remaining masses.
I can only hope Anet will put stop to speedclearing same as they did with the nonsensical farms.

Ignorance and non-wisdom has spoken!
What does it matter if YOU, PERSONALLY, don’t like it? If you don’t like it, don’t do it. You’re not some kind of authority on what’s fun and what isn’t. Stop acting like it. Here’s a lesson that will be valuable in your life, kid : TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Farming and speedclearing are not fun and no I don’t care anyone thinks he thinks otherwise. The minuscule percent of population doing it is ruining the game for the remaining masses.
I can only hope Anet will put stop to speedclearing same as they did with the nonsensical farms.

What does it matter if YOU, PERSONALLY, don’t like it? If you don’t like it, don’t do it. You’re not some kind of authority on what’s fun and what isn’t. Stop acting like it. Here’s a lesson that will be valuable in your life, kid : TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Wow. Miss your meds this morning. So…let’s recap…you are complaining about people who are complaining, and calling them out on it? You took it upon yourself to respond to a topic by attacking everyone who disagrees with your opinion.

Yes. Please. Go farm instead.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

I just got Spark out of a coin purse and sold it for 1200g, best drop I had before the nerf was a twister in a jar

Where to farm now?

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Best farm in guild wars 2 is easy to find. Just take away the 2 and live in farmalicious heaven in the original game :-)

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

What about not telling people what they should and shouldn’t like?

What about accepting that some ppl may have different opinions than you and also the fact that forums are here to express them? I’m not forcing my opinion to anybody, just adding to the discussion, if you do not like it, nobody’s forcing you to read the forums or even reply to it. Period…

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

@Ranger, some people like to farm. That is what they consider fun. It is no different than people that speedclear because they find it fun, or people that chase the world bosses because that’s their fun, or people that repeatedly level a new character. To each their own.

I understand that, but those ppl you just described are doing the farming for fun, and ppl like that usually fell when something is not “right” about the new farming way (Amber) and expect that it gets fixed. Those ppl are not whining on forums after it get fixed, you know?
Those ppl farm for fun.
Ppl complaining in this thread farm for profit, not for fun, that’s very different approach…..

No. People who complain in this thread merely respond to the not too clever ones who think that farming is wrong and that farmers are wrong to enjoy farming.
The ones who ARE complaining and who should shut up are those who try to tell others how to enjoy the game.

Well, the first complain in this topic is basically the name of the topic, which is not made by those “not so clever” ppl as you call them, so just like that…
However if you think about that, yeah, some ppl really believe that farming is bad, and those are right to a certain degree. On the other side, farming is also essential for the market to grow.
But exploiting the unintended glitch/bug like Amber chest spawn definitely isn’t good for the market or the game itself, because it’s causing inflation, like every action that generate above-average gold amount over time.
To those which will respond to this that farming doesn’t generate gold, it does, not directly, but indirectly. Because glitches like this lower prices of certain items, it allows more money to remain ingame (basically lowering the money sink via the Trading post costs).
But the main problem of inflation is the ability to buy gold for real money legally. And that won’t change, ever. Because Anet needs that money unfortunately…

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Those ppl farm for fun.

Well, the first complain in this topic is basically the name of the topic, which is not made by those “not so clever” ppl as you call them, so just like that…
However if you think about that, yeah, some ppl really believe that farming is bad, and those are right to a certain degree. On the other side, farming is also essential for the market to grow.
But exploiting the unintended glitch/bug like Amber chest spawn definitely isn’t good for the market or the game itself, because it’s causing inflation, like every action that generate above-average gold amount over time.
To those which will respond to this that farming doesn’t generate gold, it does, not directly, but indirectly. Because glitches like this lower prices of certain items, it allows more money to remain ingame (basically lowering the money sink via the Trading post costs).
But the main problem of inflation is the ability to buy gold for real money legally. And that won’t change, ever. Because Anet needs that money unfortunately…

Stopped reading where it’s bolded, because no it’s not.

Why do so many people think they understand what inflation and deflation is when they very clearly do not?

For starters, the lowering of certain items does not in any way result in inflation. Whether it be directly, or indirectly. What it does is give buyers incentive to purchase those items because they’re at an all time low. Not only that, but the chest farming created almost zero gold except for the minuscule amount from the champ bags. Even dungeon runs are more likely to create inflation. As it actually rewards gold.

The only thing SW chest farming did was move currency around. And make certain items cheaper. That’s all.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

Those ppl farm for fun.

Why do so many people think they understand what inflation and deflation is when they very clearly do not?

Too bad, I guess I won’t be able to sleep tonight because of how hard I was served by this……

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Not necessarily true. I typically farm “for fun” on occasion, and my only concern with amber was they it had the highest concentration. I figured they needed to put more at the other forts, not nerf amber into oblivion. I know there are others that had similar thoughts

That wouldn’t be much of a fix in the end though.

Amber had the most chests, but people zerged it because they can open up one another’s. A bigger zerg means more shovels, and more shovels means more chests. Anet giving the other bases the same amount of chests would only slightly diffuse the situation. People would still zerg on the farming commander, because their zerg would have more available shovels, and if the chest rate was high enough like it was at Amber, that commander probably wouldn’t move.

The primary grump that people were having was that the other fort events weren’t being done because in certain maps everyone was at amber. Spreading the chests so that they were more balanced between the 4 points would have encouraged people to disperse without feeling like they were losing out.

That would be ideal but do you really expect it to be widespread enough to work? Put yourself in the shoes of someone coming in the map to farm. They open the map see commander at one of the forts. Do you think they’re going to choose another location or join the big farm to maximize their profits?

Keep in mind if absolutely everyone on the map did as you suggested and actually split evenly between the forts then each group would have 1/4 the shoveling power <— new thing, than if they all gathered in the same place. (its not exactly 1/4 to be fair as there is the spawn rate to factor in) I find it hard to believe enough people would be willing to potentially sacrifice up to 75% of their profits just because they want to be mindful of people who want to play in a different way than they did.

I too believe buffing the other locations wasnt the answer and thats without even considering the inflation that would cause.

Where to farm now?

Kagamiku.9731

Those ppl farm for fun.

Too bad, I guess I won’t be able to sleep tonight because of how hard I was served by this……

I’ve wasted too much time with people who don’t understand basic economics to explain it all again. Feel free to read my previous posts, though!

Or better yet, just google it…So you understand for future reference.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

I’ve wasted too much time with people who don’t understand basic economics to explain it all again. Feel free to read my previous posts, though!

Or better yet, just google it…So you understand for future reference.

So you have similar problem as I do, I’ve wasted too much time too, trying to explain what’s RP means and why modern MMOs doesn’t deserve to be called RPG.

However, ok. I may be wrong about that economic things, but how you would explain the constant rise in prices of basically everything which has some value?
Year ago, the prices of demanded items on TP was approximately half of the present price….

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Kagamiku.9731

Well, prices need to normalize first. The prices are going to be at their cheapest at the start of an MMO, and things will steadily rise in price over time(as people obtain more and more gold for purchasing power). But it’s the job of the GW economist to make sure it doesn’t get out of hand. How much have things changed between now and 6 months ago?

But anyways, I never said inflation didn’t exist, I said inflation was not caused by SW chest farming. The Queens gauntlet gambit farm is an example of what can cause a huge amount of inflation, as people were making 20/30g an hour in silver coins. Money was not being moved around, it was being created. And that’s what can cause inflation.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Wygraf.8370

Wygraf.8370

Inflation is like your $1 in the early days like 1900 or something can buy you a ton of items while today your $1 can just buy you a sandwich.

Inflation is like if everybody has 1 gold and someone threw 100000000000 gold at each person, this would devalue the gold as everybody has that 10000000000 gold.

Since everybody could buy that 1 gold precursor now, this would great a large demand for it making the precursor 1000000000000000000000 gold or whatever value it may stabilize in.

The SW chest doesn’t create inflation since it create 10000000000 items while not creating more gold. It creates a surplus of items, in which, you can buy more like 100 fangs instead of 70 fangs using the same amount of gold.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

Well, prices need to normalize first. The prices are going to be at their cheapest at the start of an MMO, and things will steadily rise in price over time(as people obtain more and more gold for purchasing power). But it’s the job of the GW economist to make sure it doesn’t get out of hand. How much have things changed between now and 6 months ago?

But anyways, I never said inflation didn’t exist, I said inflation was not caused by SW chest farming. The Queens gauntlet gambit farm is an example of what can cause a huge amount of inflation, as people were making 20/30g an hour in silver coins. Money was not being moved around, it was being created. And that’s what can cause inflation.

I can’t tell the 6 months ago prices, I had a year-long break from the game, that’s why I mentioned a year in my example, but maybe some other player here would be able to answer the 6 months difference. However I would expect that the prices should be more or less stabilized two years after release (before I had the year-long break)

Regarding that inflation thing, I was looking at the amber farm from another point of view, It caused a temporary drop in prices of quite a lot of items (some exotic weapon skins for example) therefore lowering the gold sink from them, therefore indirectly leaving more gold in the economy.
It was a short-term flaw however, so it did not have a big impact fortunately. As you mentioned, there were much stronger money-generation farms in the past….

Edit: Actually, it also generated some money, similarly to Queensdale farm before it was nerfed.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Embroidered_Coin_Purse
This has also pure money in it, and it drops from every chest you open, however the amount of money generated is not that big I guess….

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

according to some of these farming haters, ANet should remove all rewards alltogether. Why would anyone need something rewarding when you can just mindlessly play an unrewarding game, like a good little drone you are?

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

This game’s intended purpose is high-end cosmetic items.
One look at said items and you’ll quickly realize it’s a very expensive goal.

People farm because you can’t make money easily in this game. You have to grind through a lot of stuff.

Plus – no new content to play through means places like dungeons have become overplayed to the extent people hate doing them ( I know I’m very turned off by dungeons at the moment) since they’ve done them so many times.

There aren’t a lot of viable alternatives to farming since most rewarding activities have been done and overdone.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Where to farm now?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Where did people farm before the chests were added?
Why is it not possible to just go back there, since clearly it was good enough 10 days ago.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Where to farm now?

Harper.4173

Also the idea of “playing as intended” and “playing to have fun” bothers me.

Intended – nobody has a good idea of how the game was intended to be played.

Having fun? That’s another issue.

Remember the most grind-tastic farm we had in this game? The repeat COF P1 farm? That was one of the most enjoyable experiences for me since the most fun I have generally comes from making lots of gold.

So for me – farming is fun.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

People farm because you can’t make money easily in this game. You have to grind through a lot of stuff.

Plus – no new content to play through means places like dungeons have become overplayed to the extent people hate doing them ( I know I’m very turned off by dungeons at the moment) since they’ve done them so many times.

There aren’t a lot of viable alternatives to farming since most rewarding activities have been done and overdone.

I realize that it’s very expensive to gather all those cosmetic items, however in my opinion, games are played for one reason (kinda the reason games was invented in the first place), to simply have fun.
The idea that you have to do something in a game, mainly farm/grind looks pathetic to me, especially if you’re not having fun while doing it. In the opposite case (you enjoy to farm/grind the hell outta the game, yeah, I’m aware that there are ppl who enjoy this), I’m not against it.
But I don’t get why ppl whine on forums because a bug was fixed, yet are argumeting by something being “fixed”, when it’s not affecting themselves or even when it’s good for them (mainly talking about the endless balance “discussions”)
A slight common sense will tell you that is not exactly correct, right?

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Basically, what I’m saying is, I’d rather grind a month monotonously and get my super cool skin, then enjoy the game for the next year or 2, rather than force myself to enjoy content all year, get my super cool skin then realise I have nothing left to enjoy it with. I am sure, I’m not the only one.

Couldn’t agree more, I have thus far rushed to 80 then geared up, outside legendaries and ascended as I’m also an anti-work simulator type player, and then have actually decided to play the game to “completion”.

In saying I enjoy games where that whole mentality is made irelevant. I miss City of Heroes in this regard. Look bad kitten at character creation and never have to worry about it again outside subtle variation. Such a great game in that regard, at least in the early days. Money and gear were by and large a non-issue and the majority played for fun.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

I’ve always farmed cursed shore, not the champ train but the trash mob trains for heavy moldy bags

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You (like so many other) have no clue how that exchange works it seems.

There is no gold created out of thin air, its just an exchange where people sell the gold
they have farmed for the gems that others bought, and there is even some gold
removed as fee in that process in the same way as if you sell items in the TP.

So now .. its not a source of inflation .. it even works against the inflation.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Where to farm now?

Harper.4173

I realize that it’s very expensive to gather all those cosmetic items, however in my opinion, games are played for one reason (kinda the reason games was invented in the first place), to simply have fun.
The idea that you have to do something in a game, mainly farm/grind looks pathetic to me, especially if you’re not having fun while doing it. In the opposite case (you enjoy to farm/grind the hell outta the game, yeah, I’m aware that there are ppl who enjoy this), I’m not against it.
But I don’t get why ppl whine on forums because a bug was fixed, yet are argumeting by something being “fixed”, when it’s not affecting themselves or even when it’s good for them (mainly talking about the endless balance “discussions”)
A slight common sense will tell you that is not exactly correct, right?

How is it good for me that for example the Amber chest farm was nerfed?

Also please understand that some people have fun making gold and getting expensive items.

Why? Because if I wanted to play for the experience there are other games out there that give a far more polished RPG experience.

The reason players play a MMO is because they need to compete or at least compare themselves to others, do better and feel good about themselves.

Whether conscious or not this desire exists and is one of the major driving forces behind MMOs and “end-game” items.

If I was playing GW2 for the experience alone I would have stopped a good year ago since I’ve pretty much done everything there is to do in the game more times than I would consider fun.

And no – new content doesn’t cut it since it’s kept me busy about 2-3 hours every patch or so before I finish it.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

There is no gold created out of thin air, its just an exchange where people sell the gold

Well, you obviously haven’t understood what I meant.

You buy gems for $ → change them into gold which means you create gold and then you add those in the GW2 economy → inflation.

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

fireflyry.7023

The reason players play a MMO is because they need to compete or at least compare themselves to others, do better and feel good about themselves.

That’s way over generalized.

I play MMO to play a game online with other people. Period.

I don’t play MMO games to one-up or get one-upped by other players or get caught up in some on-line capitalist regime or hierarchical structure. I play games to get away from that crap.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

Also please understand that some people have fun making gold and getting expensive items.

Why? Because if I wanted to play for the experience there are other games out there that give a far more polished RPG experience.

Whether conscious or not this desire exists and is one of the major driving forces behind MMOs and “end-game” items.

If I was playing GW2 for the experience alone I would have stopped a good year ago since I’ve pretty much done everything there is to do in the game more times than I would consider fun.

And no – new content doesn’t cut it since it’s kept me busy about 2-3 hours every patch or so before I finish it.

First thing – I haven’t said it’s good for you.
Second thing – It was a bug/glitch/exploit, whatever you call it, therefore it was fixed.
Third thing – I totally understand that some ppl are having fun while farming, seriously, did you even read my post?

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You buy gems for $ -> change them into gold which means you create gold and then you add those in the GW2 economy -> inflation.

You haven’t understood what i wrote.

You don’t create gold. You just get the gold that other players have farmed.
There is no new old created in that process.

So hard to understand ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Where to farm now?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You buy gems for $ -> change them into gold which means you create gold and then you add those in the GW2 economy -> inflation.

No gold is created in the exchange. In fact quite the opposite.

If no one traded their gold for gems there would be no gold to get for gems you wanted to trade for gold.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

That’s way over generalized.

I play MMO to play a game online with other people. Period.

I don’t play MMO games to one-up or get one-upped by other players or get caught up in some on-line capitalist regime or hierarchical structure. I play games to get away from that crap.

Exactly, too generalized.
Although a lot of ppl play because of competition on the kitten level, not everybody is like that….
To be honest, rise of this attitude during last 14 years is the cause of RPG extinction.
In the old times, ppl played online games because of the human interation in-game, because of real ppl to play with, not just AI opponents/allies, and to have fun while doing so.
Times have changed though, young generation is the most of community now, and unfortunately, it is really obvious on the attitude of gamers and devs, too. Compare UO with GW2, mechanic/content wise and you will see it immediately.

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

fireflyry.7023

CoH is another great example.

Vets just gave money to newbs. People played to have fun together. Gear and “gold” were largely irrelevant in the first few years and the community was the best I have had the pleasure of playing with in any MMO.

Where to farm now?

Harper.4173

First thing – I haven’t said it’s good for you.
Second thing – It was a bug/glitch/exploit, whatever you call it, therefore it was fixed.
Third thing – I totally understand that some ppl are having fun while farming, seriously, did you even read my post?

It’s funny how it’s considered a bug/glitch/exploit because they labeled it as such but we’ll never truly know if it was intended or not.
Either way – for a bug – they sure didn’t patch it fast.

Where to farm now?

STRanger.5120

It’s funny how it’s considered a bug/glitch/exploit because they labeled it as such but we’ll never truly know if it was intended or not.
Either way – for a bug – they sure didn’t patch it fast.

Well, I’m wondering why this surprises you (the not so fast fix for that), there are bugs since the beta stage which still weren’t fixed 3 years after the release but are aknowledged as bugs…

#ELEtism 4ever

Where to farm now?

Kasima.8143

Wow. Miss your meds this morning. So…let’s recap…you are complaining about people who are complaining, and calling them out on it? You took it upon yourself to respond to a topic by attacking everyone who disagrees with your opinion.

Yes. Please. Go farm instead.

Yes, exactly. Because that ignorant complaining about farmer needs to end.

Where to farm now?

Kasima.8143

Where did people farm before the chests were added?
Why is it not possible to just go back there, since clearly it was good enough 10 days ago.

They have. They have gone back to those farms, where the non-farming community can call them toxic again.