Where to find a Jungle Wurn/Tequatl group

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I’ve been interested in getting involved with organized Jungle Wurm (and to a lesser degree, Tequatl) groups/guild, but I don’t really know where to go.
I’ve never killed the Jungle Wurm, and Teg pug runs usually fail, but I want to do them.

Is there a website, famous guild(s), specific server, or people I can talk to to get involved with some regular runs, or do people not even do these any more?
I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find any substantial or recent information on the subject.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

lfg

there are a lot calls

check open world lfg

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’ve been interested in getting involved with organized Jungle Wurm (and to a lesser degree, Tequatl) groups/guild, but I don’t really know where to go.
I’ve never killed the Jungle Wurm, and Teg pug runs usually fail, but I want to do them.

Is there a website, famous guild(s), specific server, or people I can talk to to get involved with some regular runs, or do people not even do these any more?
I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find any substantial or recent information on the subject.

If you’re on a NA server, there’s TTS http://ttsgamers.com/

as well as a few other bigger guilds, and of course equivalents on EU servers – their names escape me right now

Posted by: Lrdrahl.6120

Lrdrahl.6120

Show up to Teq about 1 hr before timer. You will get into one of the first instances that will fill up.

If on NA look for TTS members leading, and your pug won’t fail

Arewn.2368

Thanks for the answers. I’m on NA, ill try looking at the guilds.
Hearing that there’s still this “wait for an hour so that you get in” nonsense is incredibly disheartening though.

Posted by: sscripko.5387

sscripko.5387

Other guilds that generally do not fail (an hour early is crazy talk) in NA include SAGA, EG, DEAD, LoSD. WooT also sets one up most days, I believe. If you get to a map, there is a commander, and people are willing to do the defense groups, you almost never fail. (PS: you get the same rewards on defense groups, and most of the time, it’s a cakewalk) Most of those groups set up around 30 minutes beforehand, after TTS has finished setting up, because no one wants to set up at the same time, you can’t find a map.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

definitely check LFG for players taxiing to teq runs. On nights that I command Teq runs, I’m on EU, I’ll post up LFGs in the Open World section to bring in enough people to either hard cap the map or at least give us enough people to ensure a solid attempt. Have yet to fail a run that I’ve commanded in.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Thanks for the answers. I’m on NA, ill try looking at the guilds.
Hearing that there’s still this “wait for an hour so that you get in” nonsense is incredibly disheartening though.

Waiting 45 min is not ‘nonsense’ if you want to succeed at these events …

Also, have you read up on Teq and THW events? Have you prepared your character with the proper build, armour, utility skills? Do you have consumables, sharpening stones, food buffs??

If you answer ‘no’ to any of the above, then show up unprepared on a map 5 min before Teq or Wurm spawns, you get what you deserve …

I do not mean to be harsh, I am telling you this as a commander with 200+ Teq kills and around 130 THW kills.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Arewn, the reason it’s necessary to show up at least 30 mins early (Most would recommend an hour, with reason) is because it takes a bit to get people organized and the necessary positions manned. You can’t do that five minutes before the event starts, it’s just not possible. Showing up early, I’ve yet to do a run that didn’t succeed, and I do mine at 3 AM EST.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Arewn.2368

I used to raid lead in other games, so trust me when I say I understand the need for a solid 30+ minutes to organize a massive group of unorganized strangers.
I was referring to the nonsense where you spend the hour before the fight starts right clicking someone’s portrait just to get in to the dang zone. I had heard mega servers compounded this problem, which had me worried.

And yea, I’ve read up on the fights and am appropriately prepared. I just didn’t know how to go about finding these organized groups.

Thanks for all the responses