Where will Gw2 be 1 year from today

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xXZeroDeathXx.9408

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

As mostly everyone knows by now, to sum it up Gw2 is progressing downward. We (the players) have waited patiently hoping for the overall potential of the game to come to fruition, but as the end of the year nears it seems like the potential is fading away farther and farther. I mean what is going on? Did Anet cut workers short? Did the china release have an effect on the progress? Was it Wildstar that slowed down the progress? I know that the Devs have been “pondering new ideas” from the threads I have read, but in all seriousness it is taking too long. I always wondered why they chose to go the living story path which was fine until the content was being shorted and the game became less and less interesting. I understand it’s not easy creating new content constantly but at least while you work on the story content get a group of people to create new ideas such as cosmetic mounts that are decent, pumping out new weapon skins every 2 weeks without missing a beat which would also create more business for gw2 and keep those skin lovers busy farming gold to purchase, new spvp ideas and wvw ideas. These are just random ideas i thought of, my point is the community has voiced plenty of wonderful ideas and Anet seems to draw a fine line in what they actually want to do for what ever reasons. So that goes back to my question, Is Anet devoting time to some other mmo? There can be plenty of reasons why this downward progress is happening but non of the actual root questions are ever answered from them. I personally know many people that have left the game and i hope that isn’t my case in the near future. Want to know the “real” thoughts of the Gw2 community and if you guys are on the same page.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

1. no precursor crafting
2. the game has been dumed down to the point its not fun to start a new character anymore, i tried…cant get into it with few skills to start off with and no learned traits.
3. Performance issues have not been addressed (DX9 – just look over the tech support forum)
4. the game is over 2 years old now, and I don’t see 1-3 changing any time soon.

For me, GW2 is now the casual hop-in/hop-out MMO. I jump in at reset (or the next time after reset) to kill Teq, ill follow up with the next 4 world bosses, then logout. This game has no more meaning then that for me anymore.

With the nerf to the gem store, I now cant easily play ‘Guildwars2: The Gem Fashion Show’ Anymore either, so they have taken that way too. (that is why i kill Teq and the 4 world bosses…so with out the Gems being accessible like they were…why would I continue to Kill Bosses now?)

this game was once fun, I used to play WvW after my nightly FoTM run. But I dont even do WvW anymore….

That’s where this game is headed. And I don’t know if I will be playing this game in another year, as something better will be coming long (NDA, cant release info)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

1. no precursor crafting
2. the game has been dumed down to the point its not fun to start a new character anymore, i tried…cant get into it with few skills to start off with and no learned traits.
3. Performance issues have not been addressed (DX9 – just look over the tech support forum)
4. the game is over 2 years old now, and I don’t see 1-3 changing any time soon.

For me, GW2 is now the casual hop-in/hop-out MMO. I jump in at reset (or the next time after reset) to kill Teq, ill follow up with the next 4 world bosses, then logout. This game has no more meaning then that for me anymore.

With the nerf to the gem store, I now cant easily play ‘Guildwars2: The Gem Fashion Show’ Anymore either, so they have taken that way too. (that is why i kill Teq and the 4 world bosses…so with out the Gems being accessible like they were…why would I continue to Kill Bosses now?)

this game was once fun, I used to play WvW after my nightly FoTM run. But I dont even do WvW anymore….

That’s where this game is headed. And I don’t know if I will be playing this game in another year, as something better will be coming long (NDA, cant release info)

Ty for you input, i agree things are looking pretty negative.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I’ll worry about where they are 1 year from today 1 year from today.

I’m not paid nearly enough to speculate or worry about upward/downward trends. If the game fails in that time, I’ll find something else.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Recycle Bin has to eat too.

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

I’ll worry about where they are 1 year from today 1 year from today.

I’m not paid nearly enough to speculate or worry about upward/downward trends. If the game fails in that time, I’ll find something else.

fair enough, assuming you are the casual gamer. ty for your input

Posted by: Shylark.4951

Shylark.4951

I have played many game online GW 2 being only 2 years old and you think the game is Dying??? I am new to the game but really I don’t see the need for Doom here at all…. Look at some other games I will not list them here but many are 4-8 years old and people still play them maybe not in the Big numbers that did when the game started…. Every game goes through several growth issues… I may play one for awhile then swap to another one…. But I don’t ever really just fully quit…. I just feel that looking at the negative is not helping any thing at all….

Life is just a Big Role Playing Adventure…

Posted by: JAP.5714

JAP.5714

One year from now?

This game is going where all games that pull this kind of blatant monetization gimmick goes. It doesn’t matter to NC or Nexon in the long run though. They’ve got tons of IPs to milk.

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Anet isn’t dumb.. Surely they won’t let it die down after only 2 years. They must have something in the works.

I want to believe.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Still uninstalled by the way things are looking.

ikereid.4637

Anet isn’t dumb.. Surely they won’t let it die down after only 2 years. They must have something in the works.

I want to believe.

yea GW3 :-)

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

A distant bittersweet memory while playing EQN (admittedly more than 1 yr for that though).

Point is, the more they don’t deliver on, the more their competition will. And time waits for no one.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

I have played many game online GW 2 being only 2 years old and you think the game is Dying??? I am new to the game but really I don’t see the need for Doom here at all…. Look at some other games I will not list them here but many are 4-8 years old and people still play them maybe not in the Big numbers that did when the game started…. Every game goes through several growth issues… I may play one for awhile then swap to another one…. But I don’t ever really just fully quit…. I just feel that looking at the negative is not helping any thing at all….

I think you misunderstand what we are talking about, From someone who says he has played many “online games” I thought would understand where this is coming from. For a mmo business to ignore the input of what the majority of the gaming community wants to see is a bad sign, that is why in my post i said 1 year from now. The game is almost 3 years i believe and we have not seen much. Other mmos I have played evolve much quicker and try out new things whether they fail or not they try. I have played since gw1 so that is why i am voicing my concern for the future not really the present atm. You talk about how every game goes through growth issue which is true, but not sure if you noticed that only the die hard fans are still playing those games that did not evolve, not only that but those game that do not evolve have no new content being shown or rarely. So where did the rest of the population go? They move on from game to game hoping to find a MMO that is truly evolving and different. Look at wow, why do millions still pay to play the same mmo? There are many reasons but one major factor is that they keep pumping out new expansions and things to do and explore, and of course you still have those die hard fans.

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

A distant bittersweet memory while playing EQN (admittedly more than 1 yr for that though).

Point is, the more they don’t deliver on, the more their competition will. And time waits for no one.

well said, my thoughts exactly.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

In 1 years time gw3 will be out lol , seriously tho i think gvg and an ingame better rankings for solo and guild will be implemented ill stay for the long haul either way . im all QQued out lol , happy halloween folks !!!!!

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

If 2,000 hours played so far is “casual”, so be it.

It’s just simply not something I’m going to get torqued about. First it was ESO that was going to kill this game (it didn’t). Then it was Wildstar (it didn’t). Then it was Destiny (it didn’t). Now it’s Star Citizen, EQN… the list is going to go on and on.

The grass ISN’T greener on the other side of the fence. And if THIS game angers you, get ready for a migrane, because at the very best, it’s the exact same (if not a lot worse) everywhere else. The complaints may vary, but the rage is the same or greater.

At some point, players need to start asking themselves, “Is what we want out of a game even possible? If so, what are WE doing that convinces game companies not to give it to us?”

Because here’s the painful truth. Arena.net doesn’t do things because it will anger their player base and kill the game. They do them because it been shown to WORK to put money into a game company’s pockets.

I’m just long past the point of trying to get people to see the truth in the mirror. People don’t care. They’d rather just rage impotently. So be it.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The game will be dead as soon as there is a new non fail MMO release if they dont get their act together and release an expansion or at least more substantial living stories.
Anet can deem themselves lucky that all the new MMOs coming out are flopping.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

It’s just simply not something I’m going to get torqued about. First it was ESO that was going to kill this game (it didn’t). Then it was Wildstar (it didn’t). Then it was Destiny (it didn’t). Now it’s Star Citizen, EQN… the list is going to go on and on.

The grass ISN’T greener on the other side of the fence. And if THIS game angers you, get ready for a migrane, because at the very best, it’s the exact same (if not a lot worse) everywhere else. The complaints may vary, but the rage is the same or greater.

At some point, players need to start asking themselves, “Is what we want out of a game even possible? If so, what are WE doing that convinces game companies not to give it to us?”

Because here’s the painful truth. Arena.net doesn’t do things because it will anger their player base and kill the game. They do them because it been shown to WORK to put money into a game company’s pockets.

not sure where you are going with this, but many did leave this game for those mmos, and if you played those mmos some of them are failing due to the fact the are not evolving just like gw2 is right now and alot of those players that left still play those games. The painful truth? is that people are leaving Gw2, shown to work? majority of the Gw2 community agrees this game is in a state of downward progression so i dont know where you are getting this from. When did i say this game angered me? As fan of gw1 and gw2 we should voice our concerns and ideas to the Devs Etc. If you read the post as being a negative to the game then mabey you should rethink about what being member of a gaming community is. Have a nice day sir

(edited by xXZeroDeathXx.9408)

Shylark.4951

I think you misunderstand what we are talking about, From someone who says he has played many “online games” I thought would understand where this is coming from. For a mmo business to ignore the input of what the majority of the gaming community wants to see is a bad sign, that is why in my post i said 1 year from now. The game is almost 3 years i believe and we have not seen much. Other mmos I have played evolve much quicker and try out new things whether they fail or not they try. I have played since gw1 so that is why i am voicing my concern for the future not really the present atm. You talk about how every game goes through growth issue which is true, but not sure if you noticed that only the die hard fans are still playing those games that did not evolve, not only that but those game that do not evolve have no new content being shown or rarely. So where did the rest of the population go? They move on from game to game hoping to find a MMO that is truly evolving and different. Look at wow, why do millions still pay to play the same mmo? There are many reasons but one major factor is that they keep pumping out new expansions and things to do and explore, and of course you still have those die hard fans.

No I read and understand Fully.. I think what you are missing is the fact it takes time to develop content.. Also if they did every thing players wanted they would never get any thing done at all…. No game company does thing in any fast manner at all.. I have worked in soft ware development and I can say it takes time… Does a car manufacture make every improvement some one says they want??? I think not…. But I am done here have fun with the Doom and complaining… Maybe some other game can cater to how you want it…. I don’t think any really will please every one…

Posted by: Fries.9234

Fries.9234

I’m just long past the point of trying to get people to see the truth in the mirror. People don’t care. They’d rather just rage impotently. So be it.

TESO always looked like a bad translation of TES for multiplayer, so that one was bound to not do good especially with Todd Howard not considering it canon so it seems he didn’t want any part of it. EQNext.. from the reveal event, they know that all MMOs nowadays feel the same, so I have hope. x) A lot of MMOs flat out try to copy WoW, but EQ set a sort of mainstream standard for what an MMO is supposed to have, and that cements my thoughts that it will do good. On another note, GW2 gets quite repetitive for me with it’s small amounts of abilities since a few are situational but if it had more, I know it could be way more fun.

Posted by: Vakrir.4829

Vakrir.4829

No I read and understand Fully.. I think what you are missing is the fact it takes time to develop content.. Also if they did every thing players wanted they would never get any thing done at all…. No game company does thing in any fast manner at all.. I have worked in soft ware development and I can say it takes time… Does a car manufacture make every improvement some one says they want??? I think not…. But I am done here have fun with the Doom and complaining… Maybe some other game can cater to how you want it…. I don’t think any really will please every one…

I can’t hear you over all this content.

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

When did this game fill up with whiners? Like for real, if you don’t like the game or where it’s headed, do what any normal person would do and go do something you actually enjoy.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh haven’t you heard? Next year the game will have been dead and closed down for over 3 years!

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

ikereid.4637

When did this game fill up with whiners? Like for real, if you don’t like the game or where it’s headed, do what any normal person would do and go do something you actually enjoy.

It’s not that simple. Up until about April, this game was fine (for the most part), we had a full trait system that didn’t require a scavenger hunt of random things to do, we have all skills unlocked as you learned them now they are unlocked based on your level, story chapters were immediately available, now they are only available based on your level….this game has been dumed down to the point I dont think a kitten could play it.

and now, they do the SAME thing to the gem xfer UI.

the question begs, whats next….

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

your response validates my point you did not read my full original post. My post starts out by wondering If anet has cut workers, if the china release slowed things down, or if they are spending more time on other matters such as new mmo. Then i went on to say i know that making new content takes time like the living story, and then gave a suggestion on what they could do while they have a team work on the living story. Please learn to comprehend first before typing nonsense. Thanks for your attempt to reply though. ( and again if you think this is just complaining and raging please rethink what it means to be in a gaming community)

and p.s. i know 3 people personally that work in the “gaming industry” and with major for cdg and its not “hard” for them lmao, does it take time? yes? that is why i was referring if anet cut workers short and what was slowing them down.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

In 1 year I predict:

• 0 new armor pieces not from Gem Store
  • 0 new weapon types
  • 0 new weapon combinations
  • 0 new weapon skills
  • 0 new races
  • 0 new professions
  • 0 new dungeons
  • 0 new Guild Missions
  • 0 new legendaries
  • 0 craftable precursors
  • 0 lore to precursors or legendaries
  • 0 dyeable weapons
  • 0 attainable Tribal armor pieces
  • 0 attainable Halloween back pieces
  • 0 guild housings
  • 0 players in Cantha/Elona
  • 0 cape skins
  • 0 outfits converted to armor
  • 0 new usages for dungeon tokens
  • 0 new usages for fractal tokens
  • 0 characters who changed race
  • 0 ascended rings salvaged
  • 0 fixes for merge-kicking
  • 0 reappearances of SAB
  • 0 development to Orr story
  • 0 Hunam female animations restored
  • 1 Halloween 2015 event… unfortunately

Signed,
- Ghastly Grinning Korossive

Shylark.4951

@ xXZeroDeathXx You seem to not understand the point You say We the players have waited… How many players have voiced their concerns 100, 200 500, Or maybe 5,000 ???? But then look at the real numbers of Players the game has… I would guess in the 500,000 range.. Back up and think… Many people never even post on a Forum in many games… And when you say WE you are not speaking for all the players of this game….

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

In 1 year I predict:

• 0 reappearances of SAB

Signed,

I think this is the saddest of them all..

ikereid.4637

In 1 year I predict:

• 0 reappearances of SAB

Signed,

I think this is the saddest of them all..

or it could be that the SAB is what Anet has planned to turn GW2 into :-)

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Based on what we’ve seen from Anet in 2014 the outlook is bleak. They are hemorrhaging talent. Couple this with the fact that chaos reigns supreme in their home office (reference to recent employee reviews on Glassdoor) I don’t see anything substantial coming in 2015 beyond more thin Living Story and QoL improvements.

I would love to be wrong in this. 2013-2014 was the era of suck for GW2, let’s hope 2015 is the year Anet turns it around.

Posted by: LouDrew.1340

LouDrew.1340

Oh please. No singular game HAS to “kill” GW2 for it to be in trouble. I never understood this mentality. Ever heard of the phrase “Death by a thousand cuts”? Each new game takes remaining players. At some point no one will be left.

Regardless, these games aren’t trying to dethrone GW2. There’s no throne to take it off of. These games are all made with WoW in mind.

No one makes a game anymore and would consider GW2 to be steep competition. And that’s a very, very, very sad reality.

And with Warlords of Draenor less than a month away the player-base is only going to keep shrinking. Something needs to be done.

You’re one of those people who refuses to acknowledge that a hurricane is on it’s way until your house is under water.

Way to make generalizations for every other game on earth based on literally nothing but your own thoughts.

You know what else has been shown to do that?

Actually making, and supporting, good games.

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

@ xXZeroDeathXx You seem to not understand the point You say We the players have waited… How many players have voiced their concerns 100, 200 500, Or maybe 5,000 ???? But then look at the real numbers of Players the game has… I would guess in the 500,000 range.. Back up and think… Many people never even post on a Forum in many games… And when you say WE you are not speaking for all the players of this game….

what? dude go read the forums and see the advice people are giving, log onto the game and see what people are saying, go read forums from other gaming review/rating websites that write blogs about the health of mmos. Open your mind and relax, I’m nokitten on this game nor do i want it to fail, I see much potential and hope gw2 becomes that mmo that beats all the others.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

People need to vote more with their wallet. If I dislike an update I wont buy gems for a while until an update I enjoy happens. If people keep buying gems when unhappy Anet has no reason to change.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Shylark.4951

what? dude go read the forums and see the advice people are giving, log onto the game and see what people are saying, go read forums from other gaming review/rating websites that write blogs about the health of mmos. Open your mind and relax, I’m nokitten on this game nor do i want it to fail, I see much potential and hope gw2 becomes that mmo that beats all the others.

Well it seems you don’t like what I have said. But maybe then I grew up during a different time era… Getting worried over a game that I use for Entertainment is not some thing I will do… I learned a long time ago nothing in life is perfect… I do understand your Point but you don’t seem to understand mine….

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

In 1 year I predict:

• 0 new armor pieces not from Gem Store
  • 0 new weapon types
  • 0 new weapon combinations
  • 0 new weapon skills
  • 0 new races
  • 0 new professions
  • 0 new dungeons
  • 0 new Guild Missions
  • 0 new legendaries
  • 0 craftable precursors
  • 0 lore to precursors or legendaries
  • 0 dyeable weapons
  • 0 attainable Tribal armor pieces
  • 0 attainable Halloween back pieces
  • 0 guild housings
  • 0 players in Cantha/Elona
  • 0 cape skins
  • 0 outfits converted to armor
  • 0 new usages for dungeon tokens
  • 0 new usages for fractal tokens
  • 0 characters who changed race
  • 0 ascended rings salvaged
  • 0 fixes for merge-kicking
  • 0 reappearances of SAB
  • 0 development to Orr story

Signed,

Haha don’t be ridiculous, anet must be working on something!

Signed by 2013 me.

xXZeroDeathXx.9408

Well it seems you don’t like what I have said. But maybe then I grew up during a different time era… Getting worried over a game that I use for Entertainment is not some thing I will do… I learned a long time ago nothing in life is perfect… I do understand your Point but you don’t seem to understand mine….

It’s not that i didn’t like what you said, its that what you said didn’t really back up what is really happening.
I do understand what you are trying to say though, but I think you worded it wrong. Of course nothing in life is perfect but does that mean you just live without trying to progress or move forward? Gaming is my hobby and I have invested my time into gw1 and gw2 so that is why i voice my concern. Is this game my entire life? lol no. I have many other hobbies I enjoy, I am passionate about my hobbies which to me is a good thing.

Shylark.4951

It’s not that i didn’t like what you said, its that what you said didn’t really back up what is really happening.
I do understand what you are trying to say though, but I think you worded it wrong. Of course nothing in life is perfect but does that mean you just live without trying to progress or move forward? Gaming is my hobby and I have invested my time into gw1 and gw2 so that is why i voice my concern. Is this game my entire life? lol no. I have many other hobbies I enjoy, I am passionate about my hobbies which to me is a good thing.

Okay this I can agree with.. I just try to have fun learn what I can in any thing I do.. Whether in r/l or a game… I do hope GW 2 grows more But then I have that hope for any game I have played…. I know one game that has not really had new content in about 2 years.. They have gone back and revised some of the quest areas but still the same content… I have 3 of the GW 1 packs I never really enjoyed that game though.. I have tried several others but didn’t like the seeming lack of player cooperation… Here in GW 2 things seem a lot better to a point.. Though I mostly play solo on most games.. I have some bone and joint issues some times my hands don’t do so well… But I think over all the game is okay.. Now maybe 6 months or a year from now thing may not be… But I try to stay positive….

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

More expansions worth of content aka 1 hour of LS and gulp more QoL / NPE ‘improvements’ but of course none of these will include a particle slider because reasons.

The future looks bleak for GW2 lol

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Is sad, the game is honestly is going to the point of no return. The game have gotten extremely boring to the point i don’t even have logged in for hallowen at all or have done the monthly. I love GW2 mechanics and such but its already going to be 3 years and still nothing new, even F2P games release big patches and stuff. Honestly at this rate the game will die soon i mean even wvw have been the same for 3 years and dungeons with no new rewards even. GW2 is lucky there really aren’t much options out there free, Archage was looking good but it turned out to be P2W and even to use the AH you need to pay.

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I really wish anet, the dev, company or whoever have the word talk to us with no BS and tell us what is there plan for GW2 and its future. Should we wait for an expansion? for huge content (not that living work piece of crap) new skills, abilities, classes, continents and all that? or should we wait for GW3? At this point i think GW3 is more possible than an expansion to be honest. Really dont know what anet plan is, is a shame, GW2 had potential but it die down.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Based on what we’ve seen from Anet in 2014 the outlook is bleak. They are hemorrhaging talent. Couple this with the fact that chaos reigns supreme in their home office (reference to recent employee reviews on Glassdoor) I don’t see anything substantial coming in 2015 beyond more thin Living Story and QoL improvements.

I would love to be wrong in this. 2013-2014 was the era of suck for GW2, let’s hope 2015 is the year Anet turns it around.

The Glassdoor reviews you refer to are anonymous. As such they should be taken with a grain of salt, as there is no one actually confirming that any of them are in fact, true.

However what is worrying, is that Anet’s behaviour, and what they’ve done with the game has suggested that they have a lot of management problems, and the Glassdoor reviews (whether true or not) are simply confirming what people are already thinking.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Hopefully it will be with the Grove changed over from Mordremoth’s attack, Rata Sum being exploded in a puff of mad science (taking the SAB with it for good measure), and charr fighting off Branded as Kralk takes the center stage with Mordremoth destroyed.

And, if there’s any justice, it’s another Enemy Mine situation with Palawa Joko needing to take down Kralkatorrik before the dragon Brands the Awakened away from his control, in return for getting the heck out of Istan.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

1 year from now on the world of Tyria will be empty. 2 new small areas, several costumes and weapons skins. Where other games would ascend and give their playerbase real content and expansions Anet simply will give us the same crap over and over again.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m sure in 1 year from today Guild Wars 1 will be about where it is now. For every person who leaves, another person joins. For many of those people it’s their first MMO and they won’t move on.

It’s likely there are as many new players as long time vets right now. So I don’t know why anyone would think it’s not going to be fine. It’ll just be fine without some of us.

Posted by: orrad.4165

orrad.4165

The game in a year? Perfectly fine. I am a recent player, and, quite frankly, i’ve been having a blast. My primary friend group on the game is also in the same boat- recent additions to the community, the oldest knocking in at half a year.

This game has an influx of content I haven’t seen in other games, and i’m excited for the new upcoming update.

I can empathize with the development team. For each constructive commenter, there’s one screaming to the sky about Guild Wars 2’s sudden and terrible collapse. If a visitor wants to get the REAL opinions of the player base, ask the people still playing, in the game. Not the forums.

I’ve played plenty of MMO’s, and I shouldn’t be surprised at the negativity. It happens to every game.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

1 Year from now I’ll still be logging on to play with my friends enjoying the new things that have come out however it may be. Not all of us share peoples concerns about delivery. I happen to enjoy Living World, and I happen to enjoy the game as it stands right now.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’m still having lots of fun, so I’m optimistic.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: adventus.6532

adventus.6532

It’s hard to say. I’d like to think by year 3 we’d hear that there is a serious-expansion-like … thing coming, something that adds a bulk of new things to do (/cough Elona-Cantha-something completely now /cough).

Sadly, they may just do a year’s worth of updates for those pesky ‘new players’ who seem to not be able to play the game as it was intended to be played.

Maybe they’ll bring in the holy trinity because the new players are so used to it from every other MMO and thus to please them and keep them Arenanet may reform the fundamentals. That’s not a troll they may even consider it since keeping ‘veterans’ seem to be down on their list.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I have no doubt that this game will be around for much longer than a year.

Posted by: Ryuu.5608

Ryuu.5608

At this point it’s really hard to say, GW2 used to be a great promise but with these kind of poor choices and bad/terrible implementation with every single update, I’d say it won’t get far. We now have to rant to make our voices heard (see Commander Color Tags price and now the Gem Exchange), it’s a constant battle against their bad decisions and terrible implementations and most of us are really ..really.. tired of it.