Who thinks ascended items are 'Exciting'

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

I have to laugh at the people that claim to know how long it will take to earn the tokens for the ascended equipment. It’s pretty likely the number of tokens you get scales with the difficulty which kinda throws all those ‘calculations’ out the window…

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I have to laugh at the people that claim to know how long it will take to earn the tokens for the ascended equipment. It’s pretty likely the number of tokens you get scales with the difficulty which kinda throws all those ‘calculations’ out the window…

Lol so 60 hours per piece then?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’m excited for the ascended stuff. Looking forward to it.

People still completely over reacting.

So objection = over-reaction.

You are also over-reacting (excited).

No, saying you’re going to quit and Anet are baby killers and all the other nonsense people are saying when they haven’t tried it is over reacting.

I’m just excited for new game content.

What’s there to try about it? I’m familiar with the concept of a gear treadmill, of mudflation, of tiered content. I don’t like that garbage. Why should I try it? Every other MMO out there right now has that stuff. I already know I don’t want it or like it. That’s why I bought a game that told me there wouldn’t ever be this kitten.

I’m sure the new content is fun to play, but I’m not going to do it, because I’m not a hamster and I’m not getting in that wheel. That is not fun for me and so I won’t do it — and because that’s how the game is going to play out, I won’t play it, either. Never again will I put myself in a position where I need to eternally chase after gear. If you’re going to do that, might as well remove the level cap and continue stat increases on level-up — after all you’d be getting ‘rewarded’ for time spent playing the game, and that’s all this gear bullkitten is anyway.

And then, years from now, whoever is the most skillful at the game wins!*

*skill determined entirely by hours logged on the account.

Because it’s not a gear treadmill. Yet. It’s one additional tier of equipment. Wait until next time if it happens again to react.

I’ve played GW1 since release and Anet has done alright in my book, since then. I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing right now.

They made a lot of controversial changes to that game that had just as many people (GW1 in it’s prime had a 5mil+ player base) saying they’d quit over them. But in the end it all worked out and I think we can all agree GW1 was and still is an amazing game.

They see the big picture, we don’t. So until it’s all revealed I’ll keep my negative criticism in check and continue enjoying the game for the time being.

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

Because it’s not a gear treadmill. Yet. It’s one additional tier of equipment. Wait until next time if it happens again to react.

nope.

this IS a gear treadmill, that IS what they’re adding, and they’ve SAID that’s what they’re doing — but they’ve been insistent that it’s not a gear treadmill, because that’s a nasty word. We’ll just call it continual progression via equipment upgrades.

There’s no reason for me to wait around and still play this game until they add another tier and I’m proven right. I’ll just get out now before I have too much time invested in this game.

The menu very clearly and proudly stated no pickles. The restaurant very clearly advertised themselves as pickle-free. Two days after opening it, and after hearing a few people wander in and complain that there were no pickles — and despite a large crowd enjoying the pickle-free atmosphere — they’ve decided to add pickles.

Well I’m allergic to pickles.

The rest of you can suffer through this garbage alone. Gear progression is 100% derpmode gameplay.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Posted by: toomuchtatose.6874

toomuchtatose.6874

I’m excited for the ascended stuff. Looking forward to it.

People still completely over reacting.

So objection = over-reaction.

You are also over-reacting (excited).

No, saying you’re going to quit and Anet are baby killers and all the other nonsense people are saying when they haven’t tried it is over reacting.

I’m just excited for new game content.

What’s there to try about it? I’m familiar with the concept of a gear treadmill, of mudflation, of tiered content. I don’t like that garbage. Why should I try it? Every other MMO out there right now has that stuff. I already know I don’t want it or like it. That’s why I bought a game that told me there wouldn’t ever be this kitten.

I’m sure the new content is fun to play, but I’m not going to do it, because I’m not a hamster and I’m not getting in that wheel. That is not fun for me and so I won’t do it — and because that’s how the game is going to play out, I won’t play it, either. Never again will I put myself in a position where I need to eternally chase after gear. If you’re going to do that, might as well remove the level cap and continue stat increases on level-up — after all you’d be getting ‘rewarded’ for time spent playing the game, and that’s all this gear bullkitten is anyway.

And then, years from now, whoever is the most skillful at the game wins!*

*skill determined entirely by hours logged on the account.

I’ve played GW1 since release and Anet has done alright in my book, since then. I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing right now.

They made a lot of controversial changes to that game that had just as many people (GW1 in it’s prime had a 5mil+ player base) saying they’d quit over them. But in the end it all worked out and I think we can all agree GW1 was and still is an amazing game.

They see the big picture, we don’t. So until it’s all revealed I’ll keep my negative criticism in check and continue enjoying the game for the time being.

They never provide the “big picture” to us. Why new tier? Nobody can explain the +stats for new Ascend equipments.

Lacking information, some gamers will see less appeal in following the “informal contract” and leave. Passionate ones will criticise in the hope that ANet will cave under pressure.

Unless there is a rational explanation (e.g. casual explanation) of why stats increase is needed, people will perceive new tier as unnecessary and sign of new gameplay direction – both are harmful for consolidating stable playerbase.

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I`m excited about it. I`m glad they are doing it. The game needed a shot in the arm for people who like to hunt for gear. I`m also sure it won`t nearly be as bad as everyone thinks either. I`m pretty sure the path to getting these items is going to fun. Will be no different then running other dungeons for tokens for items or skins you want. They are starting it out slow so people can get used to the idea and have a chance to at least give it a try. But judging from the current dungeons, it`s not going to be insanely hard to get your new gear. Once people figure out the dungeons, it will be just as easy as clearing ac when you know the tricks and what to expect.

I myself don`t see how so many people could be content with using the same equipment they got within the first few months of release for the length of their lifespan with the game. Sooner or later they would have to add a way to upgrade equipment or add in more. It just came sooner rather then later. I don`t think it`s a bad thing though considering how easy it is to get current exotics or dungeon equipment.

Posted by: toomuchtatose.6874

toomuchtatose.6874

I myself don`t see how so many people could be content with using the same equipment they got within the first few months of release for the length of their lifespan with the game. Sooner or later they would have to add a way to upgrade equipment or add in more. It just came sooner rather then later. I don`t think it`s a bad thing though considering how easy it is to get current exotics or dungeon equipment.

It is too easy to get exotics.

This is the point of the game..

I don`t see how people could be content with using the same equipment.

Because you are too ‘used’ to consume content, you could have tweaked your builds, roll another alt, roleplay… or even get a real life for a month or 2 then return and jump into the fun without grinding for new equipments.

It just came sooner rather then later.

Good for us to know that ANet is going to cater to other MMOgamers out there instead of retaining its design principles.

I don`t think it`s a bad thing.

It is a good thing for you, bad thing for some of us.

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

Because it’s not a gear treadmill. Yet. It’s one additional tier of equipment.

That is, by definition, a gear treadmill. A gear treadmill is where you either grind for the newest tier and stay where you were before (that is, maximum combat effectiveness) or don’t grind for it and get moved one step backward, both relative to game content. In actuality, you’re not making any progress at all. In other words, a gear treadmill gives the illusion of progression, which is essentially what A.net is doing currently.

(edited by Euthil.5209)

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

To be honest, I am actually quite excited for Ascended items.

Accessories were a messy line in the first place, so it’s good to see a standard for them finally being set with the ascended tier.

As for Ascended weapons and armor, considering all the feedback, I’m sure ANET has something in mind so as not to make our exotics obsolete. My guess is an armor “upgrader”.

Banewrath.5107

I think people are over reacting to this whole thing. Getting this new gear is probably going to be just as easy as getting anything else in the game. You would just need to use this gear in the places that require it.

Anet is trying to put out an mmo that pleases everyone. Not an easy thing to do. I`m sure that you will hate this update, or you might actually like it. But I`m also sure there will be plenty of updates that will set you dancing for joy while i`m scratching my head wondering wth they were thinking. It`s gonna go both ways for the duration this game is online.

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

Lol so 60 hours per piece then?

It can also drop from chests/bosses etc.
“That’s one of the beauties of the Fractals: even if you can’t complete more than one or two, you’ll still get some loot. And the Ascended gear has a chance to drop in each one, not just the spoiler:edit boss that comes after the completion of six Fractals.”

So the calculations based on tokens are not the only way to get gear.

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/6892/Guild-Wars-2-Exploring-the-Fractals.html

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

No, it’s just a massive grind for an insane stat advantage. Nothing to worry about!

fellyn.5083

nope.

this IS a gear treadmill, that IS what they’re adding, and they’ve SAID that’s what they’re doing — but they’ve been insistent that it’s not a gear treadmill, because that’s a nasty word. We’ll just call it continual progression via equipment upgrades.

There’s no reason for me to wait around and still play this game until they add another tier and I’m proven right. I’ll just get out now before I have too much time invested in this game.

The menu very clearly and proudly stated no pickles. The restaurant very clearly advertised themselves as pickle-free. Two days after opening it, and after hearing a few people wander in and complain that there were no pickles — and despite a large crowd enjoying the pickle-free atmosphere — they’ve decided to add pickles.

The rest of you can suffer through this garbage alone. Gear progression is 100% derpmode gameplay.

So why keep posting on the forums then? You’ve said nothing new and made your intentions clear.

No, it’s just a massive grind for an insane stat advantage. Nothing to worry about!

How is it a stat advantage if everyone can get it? That makes absolutely no sense and is pretty much the worst argument you can come up with against having these changes. Especially considering we don’t even know how we’ll get the armor.

Giving in to fears based on pure speculation and assumptions.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8190

ThePainTrain.8190

“I hope you are all as excited about these new items as I am!” – Linsey Murdock

Who actually thinks these items are ‘exciting’. Its just a stat upgrade and a color change. Theres nothing exciting about that. At least the thought of infusions MIGHT have been exciting, like the 6th rune effects on some runes, but nope, just another stat increase.

Maybe our definitions of ‘exciting’ are different. This is clearly not exciting imo.

Me and my guild are very excited! In fact every one I play with in came are very excited but they don’t use the forum they cant take the moaners.

stof.9341

How is it a stat advantage if everyone can get it? That makes absolutely no sense and is pretty much the worst argument you can come up with against having these changes. Especially considering we don’t even know how we’ll get the armor.

It’s a massive stat advantage above those that don’t do that massive grind. Grind >>> skill now it’s official :o

fellyn.5083

It’s a massive stat advantage above those that don’t do that massive grind. Grind >>> skill now it’s official :o

Massive grind? So you know the future? You know how we’re going to obtain the armors when they’re actually released?

I’d be really curious to know how you know it’s a massive grind because Anet hasn’t released any of those details just yet.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Just about as exciting as I am about the buff to Evasive Arcana!

No, seriously, I logged in today and I though what I was gonna do.

A dungeon maybe? Yes, but that’d be pointless thanks to the gear change.
Work on my build? Well, I’m not really into it just yet after the change. Still grieving.
File a bug report? Did that instantly, but still have nothing to do.
Get more stuff for my legendary? Yeah, well the ‘new more excitin way to get the precursor’ runed out to be a slight increase in Mystic Forge droprate.

To be perfectly honest, I just couldn’t do it. At the moment, there’s nothing that excites me about Guild Wars 2. I ended up quitting and booting up Sibelius to work on my music.

I sincerely hope I’ll get the good feelings back. Somehow, this patch just made me very miserable about the game and I really, really don’t want that to happen. But it still did…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

stof.9341

Massive grind? So you know the future? You know how we’re going to obtain the armors when they’re actually released?

I’d be really curious to know how you know it’s a massive grind because Anet hasn’t released any of those details just yet.

They are supposed to bridge the gap between the “easy” to get exotics and legendaries in term of grind time needed. Of course it’s going to be massive.

On top of it, it seems the only source of ascended ring drops we’ll get for now it random chance in the new instance. Enjoy looting your 15th magic find ascended ring while still waiting for the one with the stats you want.

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Anet is trying to put out an mmo that pleases everyone.

No they’re not. Originally they wanted to be different, and not have a gear treadmill.

Now they’ve changed their minds, and are adding a gear treadmill to the disdain of thousands of players, which has put a bad taste in the mouths and many, and given them horrible publicity.

As someone posted in one of the many critical threads of this horrible idea, “The man that chases two rabbits, catches neither.”

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

fellyn.5083

Just about as exciting as I am about the buff to Evasive Arcana!

No, seriously, I logged in today and I though what I was gonna do.

A dungeon maybe? Yes, but that’d be pointless thanks to the gear change.
Work on my build? Well, I’m not really into it just yet after the change. Still grieving.
File a bug report? Did that instantly, but still have nothing to do.
Get more stuff for my legendary? Yeah, well the ‘new more excitin way to get the precursor’ runed out to be a slight increase in Mystic Forge droprate.

To be perfectly honest, I just couldn’t do it. At the moment, there’s nothing that excites me about Guild Wars 2. I ended up quitting and booting up Sibelius to work on my music.

I sincerely hope I’ll get the good feelings back. Somehow, this patch just made me very miserable about the game and I really, really don’t want that to happen. But it still did…

The MF proc chance for precursors has nothing to do with the scavenger hunt. They made it pretty clear it wouldn’t be in this patch.

More people just completely over reacting when they don’t even know what they’re complaining about.

They are supposed to bridge the gap between the “easy” to get exotics and legendaries in term of grind time needed. Of course it’s going to be massive.

On top of it, it seems the only source of ascended ring drops we’ll get for now it random chance in the new instance. Enjoy looting your 15th magic find ascended ring while still waiting for the one with the stats you want.

I’m not doubting what you’re saying because I don’t know for a fact like you seem to so I’m asking how you know the rings only have a random chance to drop? Considering no one has actually done the dungeon yet.

Besides that, as long as they can be salvaged I couldn’t care less.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

nope.

get over your self, you act as though one model of a video game is some how objectivley better than any other<which is no the case games are games>. and GOD forbid some one has skill & Gear!!!

Posted by: EntDS.4687

EntDS.4687

I’m pretty excited. I like new challenges and I always enjoyed the progression in WoW as well. There becomes a point when you run out of really fun content because there is the feel of a lack of progression.

New skins and the like are nice, if you’re into that. I grinded for my current skins because it was the only real progression left to me, and now that I reached that, I was looking forward to this patch just because there was a new dungeon. Now I’m even happier after they announced this new rarity, as it gives me opportunity to keep progression. Given how paced ANet is being about releasing this new rarity, I feel more than confident I’ll have all the time in the world for three new slots. And I might play maybe an hour a day after work.

As usual, the forums are filled with people who hate change, and wanted a game that would become as stale and stagnant as its predecessor. I’m glad they’re wrong.

Banewrath.5107

Anet is trying to put out an mmo that pleases everyone.

No they’re not. Originally they wanted to be different, and not have a gear treadmill.

Now they’ve changed their minds, and are adding a gear treadmill to the disdain of thousands of players, which has put a bad taste in the mouths and many, and given them horrible publicity.

As someone posted in one of the many critical threads of this horrible idea, “The man that chases two rabbits, catches neither.”

Sure they are. If you think they can afford to keep this games content pumping just catering to the people who don`t want to bothered with getting gear, then it`s gonna be as empty as gw1 is now. Small playerbase for a huge game. And if it does stay the same as it is now, expect the game to be as popular as the original game is now. It will have the lifetime expectantcy of exacly 82 lvls. And I say 82 lvls because people will play the campaign to 80 then gain another 2 lvls in exp before they discover they have nothing else to do and stop playing.

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

o god that ring i need it to bad my triforge pendent is now trash

It could just augment that ring. You can still keep the triforge which is amulet unless there’s a amulet that’s better than that which their probably is…eventually…

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

And if it does stay the same as it is now, expect the game to be as popular as the original game is now. It will have the lifetime expectantcy of exacly 82 lvls. And I say 82 lvls because people will play the campaign to 80 then gain another 2 lvls in exp before they discover they have nothing else to do and stop playing.

Absolute nonsense. I’ve been level 80 for approx 120 levels of XP. If levels kept going up I would be level 200 by now.

I didn’t magically stop having fun when my numbers stopped going up. In fact, I barely even noticed when I hit 80. In fact that’s where my game STARTED.

“Phew”, I thought, I can finally stop getting new gear every 5 levels to keep my power level up where it should be, I can just get a set of level 80 exotics and stop there.

The fun in this game is not seeing your numbers go up a little bit every so often. It’s utterly meaningless and irrelevant whether I hit a level 5 mosquito for 100hp becuase I’m sidekicked to level 5, or a level 80 mosquito for 1000hp, it’s just a number on the screen.

Yes, some players do appear to need a constant gear treadmill to keep them going. The Legendary was too expensive and grindy for most, and they didn’t care for the other non-legendary items in the game, so there was “nothing” for them to do.

Well boo hoo. I really could not care less about those players. They have 100 other WoW-clone games to go and play. If you want a constant feeling of becoming more and more powerful, go play those. GW2 was supposed to be different.

They will never, ever be satisfied, why do you think WoW adds a new tier of gear after every patch? Because the locust hoarde are never content, not for a moment.

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

I’m excited, because I like bigger numbers and more stuff to aim for. But it seems that this isn’t something that the GW1 crowd agrees with.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

I am, and as @Lifelike said, seems GW1 players don’t like it at all.
I love to aim for new stuff from time to time.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

I’m excited about this change. I’m also excited about my next dental appointment, if that tells you anything.

Oh yea i forgot…New windshield wipers today! oh yea!

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I’m pretty excited. I like new challenges and I always enjoyed the progression in WoW as well. There becomes a point when you run out of really fun content because there is the feel of a lack of progression.

Then you are the problem here. When Anet in beta and in advertising about the game said they did not WANT to make a grind style game and a gear=skill game you should have ignored the game if that did not appeal to you. Instead like a locust you latched onto the new shiny then complained because its not AS shiny as that other game.
But what happens when you get these upgrades too? Yeah you go back to wow until Arenanet makes a NEW shiny for you to go for.

New skins and the like are nice, if you’re into that. I grinded for my current skins because it was the only real progression left to me, and now that I reached that, I was looking forward to this patch just because there was a new dungeon. Now I’m even happier after they announced this new rarity, as it gives me opportunity to keep progression. Given how paced ANet is being about releasing this new rarity, I feel more than confident I’ll have all the time in the world for three new slots. And I might play maybe an hour a day after work.

An hour a day after work? Well good luck. At best we are seeing that on your time table, if you do NOTHING but the FoTM dungeon run… you will be doing it for 90 days before getting your first piece of Ascended. Hope you REALLY like those 9 maps and nothing else in the game cause you dont have time to do anything else…

As usual, the forums are filled with people who hate change, and wanted a game that would become as stale and stagnant as its predecessor. I’m glad they’re wrong.

stale and stagnant as its predecessor. Wow… I am amazed that Anet now wants YOUR business, you who insult the game that they worked for 7 years on, and are willing to toss people like me who supported them during their youthful days are considered lesser people.

Nice… gotta love these locust in the modern MMO.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Posted by: Dormedas.9524

Dormedas.9524

Well, there aren’t any ascended items for my build, so I’m not that excited, no.

Warrior – Hellion of Heaven — Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ruby Red.4019

Ruby Red.4019

Could this not be merged with “Thoughts on Ascended Items” or whatever that huge thread is called… why oh why start another…. Excited no.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Frankly I lost all motivation to log in for days now… very excited indeed

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

An hour a day after work? Well good luck. At best we are seeing that on your time table, if you do NOTHING but the FoTM dungeon run… you will be doing it for 90 days before getting your first piece of Ascended. Hope you REALLY like those 9 maps and nothing else in the game cause you dont have time to do anything else…

Lol, I love all these people still quoting the 90 hours thing that some guy literally made up. It is MUCH less than that; the number of tokens per run increases with difficulty and the items have a chance to drop randomly as well! Please stop with the made up numbers.

Posted by: Principe I.1492

Principe I.1492

I’m not excited, I’m disgusted

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Lol, I love all these people still quoting the 90 hours thing that some guy literally made up. It is MUCH less than that; the number of tokens per run increases with difficulty and the items have a chance to drop randomly as well! Please stop with the made up numbers.

Talking about made up lol.

15 minute runs, 5 tokens per run. to get 250 tokens that is 12.5 hours

How many tokens do you need? 2000? So that is 120 hours roughly, lower that time for a very VERY slim chance to drop (it will be about the same 1 in xx time as it takes to get the tokens) and the increase in token drops (neither Ascended drops or increase in token drops is confirmed BTW) and yeah… around 90 hours.

So sorry, no I no longer have blinders on like you…

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Posted by: Kaleidoscope.8091

Kaleidoscope.8091

Not excited, shrugging my shoulders and trying to understand what this means for me.

I was part of a successful guild in the gear-grind game I came to GW2 from, so I’m well aware of the addictive nature of ego-stroking by seeing numbers grow. It was so addictive, in fact, that it made me keep on playing even though the actual gameplay content left me very underwhelmed. Taking a step back, GW2 seemed like the perfect answer – to play for fun instead of figures.

Have two level 80’s now, enjoyed it even after having full exotics and wasn’t particularly worried that there wasn’t any better gear on the horizon. Certainly not going to start grinding for new stuff either. Feels a bit like going from “all game is endgame” to “the game ends at 80”, but as long as there’s some jump puzzles and exploration achievements left, I’ll stick around. I wonder where the people that doesn’t want gear grind are supposed to go though.

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

I honestly don’t understand you people… you complain that lvl 80 areas are too hard, so ANet gives you better gear so it’s easier for you to play in these difficult areas… but no… that’s still not good enough? Should they just GIVE us all legendaries cause we “don’t wanna grind”? C’mon here… and your exotics aren’t devalued anymore… they are soulbound to you anyways… so it’s not like you could actually sell it for anything more than 3 silver anyways even before the patch… and last I checked, they didn’t make exotics any WORSE… so you’re not actually worse off today than you were yesterday… I don’t understand the complaining… just be happy that they gave you more tools to beat the hard areas…

Also, for those of us who played Diablo 3… not doing this is exactly the reason why people quit that game… cause simple blue items were better than uniques… uniques were just lackluster… no one played cause there was no point of playing… you maxed out your level in a couple of hours and there were no interesting items to get… ANet is actually providing you with this content an you’re complaining? You guys serious here? I for one am actually pretty excited about the new items even though I don’t play nearly enough to ever even get them…

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I’m not really that excited nor am I not excited – I’m neutral. If you need 250 shells, 100 tier 6 mats to get any blue infusion slot item, then I can’t imagine what a higher quality infusion slot item will be like and that will make me probably like it less. New tier of gear that requires a 1/4 – 1/2 legendary grind – nty. They aren’t even items you can visually see. Getting Foefire’s essence, for example, is worth it to me, cause it looks amazing.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

I think people are over reacting to this whole thing. Getting this new gear is probably going to be just as easy as getting anything else in the game. You would just need to use this gear in the places that require it.

The new tier was added to have something in game that was in between exotics and legendary as far as ease of acquisition is concerned. That means, its’_supposed_ and described as harder than exotics to farm. And if I see that one ring costs 1350 tokens and that 1350 tokens is about as many as you need from the current dungeons to get a full set of armor, I start to see why it’s harder to get.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

more content is a good thing. new weapons and something to do is going to be great.
not sure how infinitely scaling gear will work, but i’ll withhold my panic until i actually see what it’s all about.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I’m double bubble excited!!!!not really.

my 2 cents:
Ascendant gear wouldn’t have been a problem if it was completely lateral to exotic adding a new slot for infusions WITH RUNE/SIGIL and JEWEL slots also. Now you’ve added a completely new type of gear that is not only better than the current ceiling, but now has less customization and totally does away with all runes/sigils and jewels.
Makes absolutely no sense to me.

This move is utterly odd to me and leaves me with multiple questions. Should I even gear my 9 characters with exotics or jump directly to ascendant? Should I even try to build gear sets for different builds if I am expecting more tiers? Does this mean that spvp will get a new tier? Why are they worried about adding new gear types when most ppl I know are waiting for new skills,new weapon skills, weapon types, classes, races, armor skins, weapon skins, new WvW maps, culling issues solved, GUESTING, new pvp types(my personal want…a more fleshed out reapers rumble moba type), GvG, player housing.

Let’s see, Ascendant armor is at base greater than maxed upgraded exotics. Open the gap even wider with infusions.Then re-stat legendaries to be greater than that when before was maybe a 1-2% better than exotics. I don’t think in all the mmo’s I’ve played I’ve ever seen this done.

off topic: I know this may be a drastic statement, but if you wanted to go the eq/wow model route with power creep issues, you probably should have kept the trinity. That’s all that’s missing now.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

New skins are something I always look forward to .

(edited by Kromica.2831)

Posted by: NineOnine.4327

NineOnine.4327

I`m excited about it. I`m glad they are doing it. The game needed a shot in the arm for people who like to hunt for gear. I`m also sure it won`t nearly be as bad as everyone thinks either. I`m pretty sure the path to getting these items is going to fun. Will be no different then running other dungeons for tokens for items or skins you want. They are starting it out slow so people can get used to the idea and have a chance to at least give it a try. But judging from the current dungeons, it`s not going to be insanely hard to get your new gear. Once people figure out the dungeons, it will be just as easy as clearing ac when you know the tricks and what to expect.

lol you my friend are a wow player who think killing npc’s with 500000000000 hp or pressing space bar and forward in jumping kitten is fun…. enjoy.

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I’m not saying anything until I play it besides this; I’m excited for new content. I love this game, I love its developers, and I love my friends in this game. I get to play new content with my friends in the game that my favorite developers created. I’m pretty happy.

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

As long as it has unique cool looking skins, I’m excited.

Posted by: Siebenstein.1376

Siebenstein.1376

Who thinks ascended items are ‘Exciting’?

Almost as exiting as slaming your fingers in car doors.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Badger.9374

Badger.9374

This is by far the most interesting an innovative thing ArenaNet has ever done. I can’t believe they didn’t think of adding a loot treadmill to a game that was marketed entirely on not being a loot treadmill. Pure kittening genius, I tells ya!

Giggity.

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

If they aren’t crazy expensive like the legendary weapons, I’ll be happy to go after them. Something in my head is telling me that they’ll be super expensive/difficult to attain though so I really don’t care one way or the other. I’ll just be happy with my exotics and go about my merry way.

Banewrath.5107

lol you my friend are a wow player who think killing npc’s with 500000000000 hp or pressing space bar and forward in jumping kitten is fun…. enjoy.

I started mmo`s with everquest back in 02 and have played more mmo`s in the span from then to now then you can probably name. Anyone who has been around a pretty long time playing mmo`s can tell pretty fast if ones worth playing for any amount of time. Guild wars 2 is an awsome game and is worth playing till 80, then it dies off. After that it feels like your playing pac man with god mode turned on so the ghosts can`t kill you, sooner or later it gets boring and you lose interest. Not only because it`s repetative, I can deal with repetitive, but it`s repetative without purpose.

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Having new skins that you earn from the dungeon would make me feel more excited than better stats and would also not make me feel like ANet abandoned their core principles.

Dual red rings of death will be fun on my thief though, the tears of the people I gank will help ease the pain.