Why Can't Farmers understand

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Personally I don’t like farming. It’s hard to do anything about it since the game encourages it. That’s where the toxicity comes form. For whatever reason, failing some of the events has been profitable since launch.

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

So farmers should only be allowed to farm certain maps and not be allowed to farm other maps if players want to do the events?

“basically act like you are entitled to run the show on all maps, at all times, regardless of anything else.”

So players that do the events and not farm per say should be the ones that run the show because that’s what this thread is coming off as.

You are acting like players that farm are playing the game wrong and are just getting in the way of the way you want to play the game and how you think it should be played. If players want to stay in one area to farm let them, they are easy to ignore.

TL:DR All players are welcome to play the way they want to.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

While i do agree that the majority of the gueensdale farm was completely full of toxicity, the farm in the amber map was not (at least not in the ones i mostly participated in) Those farms were done in-between events. yes, there were a bit more people in amber than usual though it was not hurting the map at all. i’m not a farmer at all though i did participate in a little bit of it. the majority of the time i was inside the yellow (amber) fort doing the events while quite a lot of the farmers helped kill the majority of the mobs outside.

farming is great to an extent, this farm was reasonable and i did not see anything wrong with it at all. while there were a bit more people in yellow there was still enough people through out the map to get everything else in those other forts done. there was no toxicity in the maps that i participated in (which were a lot) we also can’t pick which instance we want to join so saying “If you organized yourselves, left MOST maps alone” is quite useless. there will always be farming and there will always be players trying to get things done then just farm afterwards.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

(edited by Klonex.4562)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

You are painting with a mighty wide brush there OP. Are you intentionally trying to divide people or what?

Posted by: Bernie.8674

Bernie.8674

the majority of the time i was inside the yellow (amber) fort doing the events while quite a lot of the farmers helped kill the majority of the mobs outside.

Your experience was quite different from mine. On my map the farmers scaled the event up massively, leading to a situation where two or three of us were doing the best we could to hold down the fort against Champions, Elites, and Veterans. In the meantime I was watching red chests pinging all over the place. The farmers were simply killing whatever was near the chest. Any mobs that headed for the fort were effectively ignored.

That having been said, I don’t blame the farmers all that much. If we had more than a minute between each event them players might feel less compelled to constantly farm. In this respect I thought that Drytop had a better cycle: thirty minutes of (more or less) free play and thirty minutes of timed events. How can a farmer not interfere with events when the events are going non-stop?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

For whatever reason, failing some of the events has been profitable since launch.

Something I don’t think I will ever understand. One would think they would push to make events more profitable… but they never really have.

I would also like to add to the comment on farming toxicity in Amber. I saw none of it. None. In fact chat was very friendly and full of laughter. Perhaps I was lucky, I can’t be certain, but I don’t think so.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

People do this basically to increase there gold. Not for that one specific drop they hope to get.

That makes it grinding, not farming as far as I know.

Might seem like a little thing but I don’t mind some farming in a game, I however completely dislike grinding.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Chiming in again to say I saw zero toxicity in the SW maps I have played, before or after. In fact, the ones I was in the “chestfarmers” were doing the events nearby (defend, repair, supply bull) as well as harvesting nodes and farming. I know there are different experiences on different maps, and people standing around and afk (which I did not agree with) The underlying problem is the reason people feel compelled to farm in such ways and theorize how to do so, lack of loot. This may be the worst game ever in that regard.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Real toxicity was at Scarlet invasions where goals did conflict heavily. I have not witnessed any where around these parts.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

You guys are confusing player farming with gold farmers. Actual farmers are literally bot farmers that operate 24/7. What you are seeing is the average player farm, because in this game and most MMOs unfortunately it’s what you have to do in order to obtain what you need or want.

I played over 2 years on normal mode, never even got close to making my first Legendary…one day I said enough is enough after seeing people who had played 6 months with legendary weapons. I decided to farm hard to generate money to buy a precursor and the rest of the materials I needed. By no means do I constantly farm, and that could be said about many other players as well. I imagine if I had just played without farming it would have taken me 5 years of playing to obtain everything I needed. While for a very small minority of players this might be ok, I do not have the time or dedication to spend 5 years on something like this. So I farmed, got what I needed….moved on to other things. Did this ruin the economy? nope. I put in buy orders for most of what I needed and people filled them They got the money they wanted, I got the items I needed.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Wait.. you complain about toxicity yet you make this thread and write it in such a way that it continues toxicity? Seriously? Read your post again and ask yourself if you really feel the language you used is actually going to help calm any one down or bring people together in a positive manner.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

The only thing that Anet doesn’t mind you farming…dungeons and fractals.
When a farm includes dynamic events, that also means that players that are just trying to complete the events and move on get yelled at by zergs that are only farming certain aspects of the event which results in the complaints and the nerf.

So farming zergs should know by now that eventually their farm will get nerfed if their farm negatively impacts non farming players.

(edited by Lynne.8416)

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

The worst thing is that they didn’t even nerf it that hard…but the zone is so empty you can’t complete the event.

Total over reaction from the player base.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

The people who farm is the stupid , i dont know why they buy the game if they only do the same thing all the time like farming Chests , Queensdale , Candy Elementals , Frostgorge Sound etc….

You just play the game and have fun . Dont bother the others , if your map is full of stupid people , then go to another.

What is the point to have all the gold of the game if you cant have fun? , So you are working (i really dont think someone enjoy to farm like a chinese worker) in a game for fiction money, that doesnt have a real valor , For what? to have your precious legendary? so what is next?

When i crafted my legendary i learned that gold doesnt have any valor , so i just give my gold to other who need it for little things , so they dont need to work for it and we can play the GAME

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I just wanted to chime in and say that my experience has been the same as that of others here; there was zero toxicity. People were always nice and the chat was awesome and funny, even more so than during most other events/LS episodes/holidays.

I kinda kinda miss the ‘learn to dodge or die because the mobs just flat out mop the floor with your corpse since they are absurdly scaled’-aspect.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

The people who farm is the stupid , i dont know why they buy the game if they only do the same thing all the time like farming Chests , Queensdale , Candy Elementals , Frostgorge Sound etc….

You just play the game and have fun . Dont bother the others , if your map is full of stupid people , then go to another.

What is the point to have all the gold of the game if you cant have fun? , So you are working (i really dont think someone enjoy to farm like a chinese worker) in a game for fiction money, that doesnt have a real valor , For what? to have your precious legendary? so what is next?

When i crafted my legendary i learned that gold doesnt have any valor , so i just give my gold to other who need it for little things , so they dont need to work for it and we can play the GAME

No doubt players all have own idea of what is fun. This will include farming events for chests.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The real issue was not with toxicity, but with people getting rewarded for doing nothing.

Now that the fix is in, doing nothing gets you nothing, so the do-nothings have left the area.

You may still have some do-littles, but at least they are kind of helping.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Im not a fan of farming myself, with the amber chest farm I didnt see any toxicity that normally comes with mob farms, because just that it wasnt a mob farm, at least not for loot. I do agree with it being nerfed a little, because lets be honest it was way to much reward for to little effort and was keeping people from doing anything else. And I spent a good amount of time at amber, I didnt really see many people intentionally failing amber defense, if it failed it was usually because everyone wiped after getting swarmed by the terragriffs, wolves and trolls. Even if they did, in this case I cant really blame them the kitten event pops every 2 mins or so, its impossible to do anything without getting facerolled it just becomes an annoying chore after awhile. Also not to mention getting crests from the chests meant an endless loop of farming which made it difficult to leave the area, it just became too addictive for too many people.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

While i do agree that the majority of the gueensdale farm was completely full of toxicity, the farm in the amber map was not (at least not in the ones i mostly participated in) Those farms were done in-between events. yes, there were a bit more people in amber than usual though it was not hurting the map at all. i’m not a farmer at all though i did participate in a little bit of it. the majority of the time i was inside the yellow (amber) fort doing the events while quite a lot of the farmers helped kill the majority of the mobs outside.

farming is great to an extent, this farm was reasonable and i did not see anything wrong with it at all. while there were a bit more people in yellow there was still enough people through out the map to get everything else in those other forts done. there was no toxicity in the maps that i participated in (which were a lot) we also can’t pick which instance we want to join so saying “If you organized yourselves, left MOST maps alone” is quite useless. there will always be farming and there will always be players trying to get things done then just farm afterwards.

There are two types of toxicity – community and mechanical. Failtrains (the worst forms of farming) are examples of both. Queensdale is perhaps the largest example of community toxicity. By “mechanical toxicity,” I am referring to farming that is harmful to the map as a whole, but not necessarily to the community. Amber farm was an example of mechanical toxicity, as, despite the generally good community interactions associated with it, it drug down the success of the overall map design by focusing an overly large portion of the players in one area, often scaling it up harder than they were willing to work to defend it, all while leaving the other three forts neglected.

In other words, Amber was nerfed for mechanical reasons, not for community toxicity. This is a more bitter kind of farming nerf than most, as it comes across as a more “undeserved” change and the farming group is more sympathetic in this case. It was still, however, a necessary change for the health of the map.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

If anet encouraged farmers, then why have champ farms been nerfed , mobs no longer drop loot in missions ( and don’t give me that “it’s all in the end if mission reward” tosh). Most of loot is unsellable, with only use being to mystic forge it.

Then there is diminishing returns. The only “farm” anet encourages are the ones that get you sweet looking in sellable items, as they need to make sure you go to them for gold.

But wait I hear you say , if you want to farm you can do dungeons all day long, YAWN. Christ that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on here. X amount of gold per runs. Sack that rubbish, I wanna farm with large groups of people, getting great amounts if virtual loot and enjoying the great banter that the champ farm involved.

Hell, I would be willing to join a world server specially made for farmers , where we can be free of all these " I don’t like farmers" and “nerf the champ train anet” players.

Well guess what , I want a server that I and many others can farm on, one where we can tell anyone who moans about champ farming to go join a server that gives a kitten . Because I don’t!

Leave us farmers of sellable loot alone, without us selling loot, you would have to farm it yourselves lol .

Yet you want it both ways!

Credit to this post goes to every champ farmer that made Queensdale the rocking place it once was!

Credit to Queensdale becoming the most deserted, starting area in a game belongs to those above this post that didn’t like farmers .

We didn’t ruin the game, you did.

( these are just words because words are easy to say, I never shy away from using words because that’s all they are……just words)

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

(edited by HenleyLegoMan.4987)

Posted by: dbill.7483

dbill.7483

I was there up to the last minutes and I didn’t see the “toxicity” during the Amber Fort events. I thought the map I was on was awesome, a large guild organized it, dropped food and banners. We killed stuff, always complete the breech event, collected chest.

I really enjoyed this fight, it was large, messy, with lots of players, lots of mobs. I think it was one of the best example of what Anet can do. I wish they’d do more dynamic events like this, let the farmers come, it made for a great scaled up event.

Tootsie Popa | level 80 Guardian/Dragonhunter
[ODIN] [roam] Tarnished Coast
“The average player believes they are better than the average player”.

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

People shouldn’t complain about others making money out of boring tasks they refuse to do, farmers shouldn’t think every discussion Anet makes is because of QQing, otherwise we would have had precursor crafting weeks after Launce

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Farmers who accuse everyone of QQing about things like the Amber farm need to wake up. You don’t want people complaining about it, yet the way you all act gives us no option. Yes, I have done the farming runs, but the toxicity drives me away.

You want the farms, but cannot respect others who do not want to do them. You come into every map, and interfere with any attempt to do the actual events that your farming interferes with, refuse to coordinate yourselves and restrict yourselves to just a few maps, get rude and vulgar when asked to NOT farm on a map that was already being used for actual organized events, and basically act like you are entitled to run the show on all maps, at all times, regardless of anything else.

Every time a loot farm has been nerfed, the player base doing the farming became toxic beforehand. If you organized yourselves, left MOST maps alone, so that others can do what the zone was meant to have done, and were polite, you would not get reported so much. And Anet would not have to nerf your farms to stop the hate. I’ve seen it in Orr, I’ve seen it with the Queensdale champ train, and I saw it at Amber.

TL;DR stop crying about how you are so put upon and grow up. Act like adults and you will be treated like them.

Hmm… I don’t consider myself a loot farmer and I dislike any farm that exploits a specifc game mechanic in order to keep resetting content over and over in order to farm it uncontrollably, that kind of behaviour undoubtedly ignites a toxic war… but please explain where the toxicity was in SW.. you said you saw it at Amber but I have spent a lot of time there this past week running the events and farming the chests during the calm periods.. not once has there been a murmur of discontent amongst the various player types hanging out there.

Sure I agree certain farming exploits of late have been a communal trainwreck waiting happen, but Amber I disagree.. players got to have both sides of the content argument actually working for them at the same time – some half decent content which needed some participation and organisation, whilst it offered a new kind of openworld loot mechanic for everyone to enjoy …… Sure the loot drops needed some tweaking to make the events a little more important after players had got their achievements, the overly abundant supply crests needed to be nerfed, keys are far too cheap in comparison to the crest drop rates and the chests spawn mechanic should of been altered to only grant a max number of players to loot it… this would of controlled the loot and require players to run the content at each stage in oder to keep getting the necessary amounts of materials in order to keep the chest farm viable as well as maps busy.
ANETS actual way of handling the issue does nothing to keep the map a viable place to have fun and get loot now… most of today I have seen low numbers trying to get the forts defended and when that has happened there isn’t enough players to successfully get the Breach done.. in fact more often than not just defending forts was a game of chance… give it another few days, a week maybe and I think players will just be settling back into CS, FG or rat farming in Rata Sum. Having fun is one thing but how long does running the same time consuming content that rewards a bit of sand and more crests that will simply start being thrown away, hold players there.. not long imo.
Anyway its done now.. time will tell what will become of SW, but for sure my time and likely many others will be done there now that I have the achievements out the way.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

Ok, let me break it down a bit. First, I posted this in response to the numerous posts about oh the poor farmers have such hate focused on them. I am saying that they often deserve it.

As ONE example in SW that I, personally, saw. I was in a new map, we were organizing to actually do the events. We were ferrying people in to do this, not to chest farm.

As we get going, we start seeing yellow commander tags pop up for the chest farm. In map, they were asked to tag down, so we could stay organized, as this was not a map for farming. And if they wanted a massive farm, could they go somewhere else. IMMEDIATELY about 5 more tags popped there, and we were told to kitten off, they could farm where they wanted. We tried for over two hours to get the events to work, but the chest farm kept this from happening. They lost Amber twice, and so players began running over there to try and get it. This caused Indigo to fail.

We gave up, many left the map, the rest joined the farm fest.

@Joshc: yes, just like for Teq, TT, or Dry top, farming should take over specific maps. I’m not saying they should limit how many maps they get, but they should not shove into maps where there are groups trying to do something that their farming interferes with.

If you come into a map, and are asked, ASKED, mind you, not ordered, to tag down or to stop interfering in something that was going on before you got there, you should expect hate if you refuse, or if you smart off. period.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Ok, let me break it down a bit. First, I posted this in response to the numerous posts about oh the poor farmers have such hate focused on them. I am saying that they often deserve it.

As ONE example in SW that I, personally, saw. I was in a new map, we were organizing to actually do the events. We were ferrying people in to do this, not to chest farm.

As we get going, we start seeing yellow commander tags pop up for the chest farm. In map, they were asked to tag down, so we could stay organized, as this was not a map for farming. And if they wanted a massive farm, could they go somewhere else. IMMEDIATELY about 5 more tags popped there, and we were told to kitten off, they could farm where they wanted. We tried for over two hours to get the events to work, but the chest farm kept this from happening. They lost Amber twice, and so players began running over there to try and get it. This caused Indigo to fail.

@Joshc: yes, just like for Teq, TT, or Dry top, farming should take over specific maps. I’m not saying they should limit how many maps they get, but they should not shove into maps where there are groups trying to do something that their farming interferes with.

If you come into a map, and are asked, ASKED, mind you, not ordered, to tag down or to stop interfering in something that was going on before you got there, you should expect hate if you refuse, or if you smart off. period.

Ok I would agree there was at times an over abundance of yellow tags around Amber .. but then you get those kind of idiots all over the game not just there. Sure ok I can run with the fact you were organising a map defence, but if all those tags are at Amber and that fort is being defended adequately whilst also being farmed, then there probably wasn’t a reason to even try to get them to tag down.. either that or just ask your commander to pop a different coloured tag to make it stand out… really can’t see the big issue here.

I appreciate the fact you wanted to run the map for events, if I was there I would of helped out at Amber as would many others especially as I found “The Executioner” the least common Legendary to spawn.. many were in the same boat hence why Amber also ended up being stacked a lot, not just for lootz.

But .. and this is the crux of the toxic issue…. if players were flaming, trolling etc then simply report them and let ANET decide because like the exploit farms over the last 3-6 months, any toxicity that occurs not only gets acted on it likely forces through a more immediate change in the content… Amber though imo never has/had this kind of element.. tag frustration is not really what I would call toxicity especially in light of recent issues around this subject.

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

The real issue was not with toxicity, but with people getting rewarded for doing nothing.

Now that the fix is in, doing nothing gets you nothing, so the do-nothings have left the area.

You may still have some do-littles, but at least they are kind of helping.

Not quite right. I remember many many times fighting off mordrem who descend on you like a swarm of locusts, to get a chest, esp’ in a full map. Reviving was a regular occurrence as well with L84 mobs.

This, imo anyway, is much more accurate.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I did went to SW yday for the first time. People were doing all camps and bosses and legendaries, boxes, dolyaks.

No one complained and people were happy and helping each other.

My question is – what’s the actual problem?

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

EVERYONE just needs to remember that you can play the game however you want, but the person playing the game how it was MEANT to that is just minding his own business and not becoming toxic, is the one IN THE RIGHT.

If you are farming an event and someone happens along and ruins it, its NOT your right to start berating him.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The level of generalization in this thread made me sick.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I participated in at least a dozen amber farm maps and I never once saw any toxicity… SS or it didn’t happen.

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Toxicity wasn’t there yet, but it was getting inevitable by Monday. People weren’t even doing defense anymore, so the handful of people trying to keep the npc alive died and had to run back. And if it failed, the map cleared out.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Farmers who accuse everyone of QQing about things like the Amber farm need to wake up. You don’t want people complaining about it, yet the way you all act gives us no option. Yes, I have done the farming runs, but the toxicity drives me away.

You want the farms, but cannot respect others who do not want to do them. You come into every map, and interfere with any attempt to do the actual events that your farming interferes with, refuse to coordinate yourselves and restrict yourselves to just a few maps, get rude and vulgar when asked to NOT farm on a map that was already being used for actual organized events, and basically act like you are entitled to run the show on all maps, at all times, regardless of anything else.

Every time a loot farm has been nerfed, the player base doing the farming became toxic beforehand. If you organized yourselves, left MOST maps alone, so that others can do what the zone was meant to have done, and were polite, you would not get reported so much. And Anet would not have to nerf your farms to stop the hate. I’ve seen it in Orr, I’ve seen it with the Queensdale champ train, and I saw it at Amber.

TL;DR stop crying about how you are so put upon and grow up. Act like adults and you will be treated like them.

Actually it goes like this :

Anet will always nerf the good farms because :

1)They don’t really want players getting too much loot too fast. For a number of reasons this is very bad for their business model.

2)They don’t want players farming for long periods of time.

3)The “QQ these guys are making more gold than me” crowd will report the farm and complain about it even if it is completely non-toxic. Why? Because it’s something somebody else has and they don’t.

Example : The Deadeye Dunwell ( or whatever his name was) farm when Queen’s pavilion first came around. It was a solo farm – no toxicity – no drama – still people raged about it and complained.

Want another one? The recent halloween Maize Balm farm – again a solo farm that people complained because of.

So what’s the bottom line? Any good farm will get complained about, pointed at and eventually nerfed.

So what do farmers do? They farm before that happens.

And stop giving us the high and mighty " the way the map was intended to be played" – it’s a game.
People can play it whichever way they want. Just because Anet put events there doesn’t mean you’ve signed a contractual obligation to complete them.

Just because there’s a higher overarching goal on a certain map doesn’t mean you should care or participate if you feel you want to be doing something else.

What you’re saying sounds like :

Oh – Teq spawned in Sparkfly – better drop my gathering/exploration/whatever else because I have to be there and complete the map’s intended purpose.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

For whatever reason, failing some of the events has been profitable since launch.

Something I don’t think I will ever understand. One would think they would push to make events more profitable… but they never really have.

I would also like to add to the comment on farming toxicity in Amber. I saw none of it. None. In fact chat was very friendly and full of laughter. Perhaps I was lucky, I can’t be certain, but I don’t think so.

Same experience here.
It depends on people’s perceptions. You see – some people are really sensitive and might consider anything toxic.

Also see my post above to see why events aren’t made profitable.

Because if the game was more profitable Anet’s profits would go down.

Harper.4173

Just because you’re trying to set something up in a map does not mean you own the map nor does it mean that the people in the map or that are coming in are under some obligation to participate in what you were trying to do.

Just like you asked them to “tag down” and “find somewhere else” they were just as entitled to ask you to do the same.

You don’t own any portion of this game and you can’t force or make anybody else do something they don’t want to do.

I’ve been to a lot of organized events and the proper way to do it is to find a map and only ferry in people that you know have similar interests and want the same thing.

Look at how TTS or any other big guild/community organizes. They organize around random players because at the end of the day you can’t force anyone to do anything they don’t want to.

What I’m trying to tell you is this : You have a right to ask people to do this or that but have no right to expect them to do it. Also you have no basis to hate them since they’re under no obligation to even listen or read what you wrote.

Simply put – if people are annoying you just move on.

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

When I wanted to find the farming maps, I checked the LFG tool to find farming maps and taxi’d in.

When I wanted to find organized maps to complete the events, I checked the LFG tool to find organized maps and taxi’d in.

ezee pezee

If people would use the tools that are given to them, and stop whining and running immediately to the forums to cry about things, it would probably be a much better playing experience for everyone.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

To be fair, it’s not like the QQing make the chest farm fix. The second I saw the farm (and yes I did for a couple hours myself), i knew and my guildmates too, that it will be nerf really soon. Our bet was on monday and we were right. Any QQing that could happen didn’t change the fact that it was a broken situation.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

No. I didn’t see any toxicity with the chest farm. The best chest farms were in a map 100% dedicated to farming the chests. If you came on the maps dedicated to chest farming expecting to do events, that’s your own fault. There were maps available to do both events and chest farming through LFG if you’d take the time to look instead of complaining about something that didn’t even exist. Chest farming was nerfed because Anet doesn’t know how to balance things instead of completely destroying them. It had nothing to do with toxicity, because the majority of the playerbase was participating in the farming. Previous toxicity was caused by farmers wanting to fail an event and other players wanting to succeed. Farmers didn’t get in anyone’s way with chest farming. If you wanted to do events, you could have easily found a map for doing events. Don’t get mad at us because you’re too lazy to use LFG to find a map for events instead of trying to scream at chest farmers until they start doing events just so you can be happy. Now that they nerfed it, it’s going to be harder to find a map with enough people to do the events. The area is dead now, the only thing keeping it alive is living story. Once that’s over, there will be no reason to go there. There is nothing good to obtain by playing in the area. So it’ll be fun for a while, but once you’ve done all the events 25 times and living story is over, will you be going back there? Probably not.

(edited by Resubian.5823)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That would be true if you could change map instance by your own. But on some occasion I couldn’t find a looking for group with a non chest farm and the only map I spawned in was a chest farm map. Btw i’m no qqing here. I farmed chest and don’t really care. But i can understand why some ppl were kitten off by chest farmer.

Of course, this was mainly a problem until Saturday. Sunday, ppl figure out the farm and started to make specific non chest farm lfg.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Dungeons should be removed, by far the most toxic part of the community.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Waiting-to-go-faster

JQ Druid

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

Actually, PvP is the most toxic part of the community.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I wouldn’t have a problem at all getting rid of this marketing hype of esports and mmo’s.
Remove LS, spvp, dungeons, and let this game grow from there. All for it.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

So farmers should only be allowed to farm certain maps and not be allowed to farm other maps if players want to do the events?

“basically act like you are entitled to run the show on all maps, at all times, regardless of anything else.”

So players that do the events and not farm per say should be the ones that run the show because that’s what this thread is coming off as.

You are acting like players that farm are playing the game wrong and are just getting in the way of the way you want to play the game and how you think it should be played. If players want to stay in one area to farm let them, they are easy to ignore.

TL:DR All players are welcome to play the way they want to.

When farmers argue that players can go looking for another map, they engage the exact same behavior.

Pot call the kettle black much?

You – got your other meow-and-moan thread closed, let’s get this one shut too.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i started seeing things that could become toxicity.

for example, i took a toon to an amber farm map who had no crests or keys, so i soloed a red fort capture to get a few crests on the way to amber and escorted the bull too. i told the map to come get their free event tag at the bull (which was pretty much ignored) and some random fool asked “why are you even doing other events?”

cuz i needed to get a few crests to start getting keys. why are you asking that as if there is nothing else to do in the map? do you not understand that you get crests and xp from events and i offered you a free tag?

no its not toxicity… but had i responded negatively, as above for example, instead of ignoring the question… well im sure it would have set off a bomb. and if not today, then tomorrow.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Grumpy players exist in all formats.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

The problem with GW2 is that it was advertized as “Play your way”…well many people enjoy farming and that IS how they play. The problem with farming is that it often interferes with players who want to progress through events, be it by intentionally failing events (Steps of Arah, Temple of Lyssa, Quaggan in FS, etc.) or farmers indirectly scaling up events causing tougher mobs to spawn for the few people actually trying the event(s) making events very difficult or impossible. This was a huge problem in Orr when they first introduced the mob scaling system.

So, honestly, which is the abusive behavior and requires intervention from ANet? The farmers interfering with the events or the players who interfere with farmers by trying to actually play the game?

Giving farmers dedicated instances with insane returns, such as the amber farm, also produces a dangerous market situation that could be considered unfair to non-farmers since it greatly favors farmers over non-farmers for arguably much less effort. Farmers killing the same mobs over and over and over again should be rewarded less than those playing the game content. Dedicated farming areas could also cause serious event/area abandonment issues.

Now I have farmed and still hit the FS train occasionally. I do miss the Queens train, which I frequented for monthlies, but the short of it is that serious farming, while it cannot be eradicated, should be discouraged because it’s counter to how the game is intended to be played and interferes with players playing the actual game content.

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

I did went to SW yday for the first time. People were doing all camps and bosses and legendaries, boxes, dolyaks.

No one complained and people were happy and helping each other.

My question is – what’s the actual problem?

Well, before where there were 10 or 15 packed SW maps, now there are 2 or 3. The farmers have gone back to their regular farms, the dungeon runners have gone back to their dungeons, and the rest of you open-world heroes are doing SW events, continuing to get poorer while the rest of us get richer.

So no problem at all.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Press Y → LFG → Open world events → TAXI FOR CHEST FARM/TAXI FOR ORGA SW. Pretty easy formula.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Also see my post above to see why events aren’t made profitable.

Because if the game was more profitable Anet’s profits would go down.

I’m not saying they should just increase profits on events, especially not to the degree that the Amber farm offered. However I think if they took the amount of loot that is currently had throughout all aspects of the game and rescaled it to favor events more kindly – I think that would help. * shrugs * But I’m no game designer.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I wouldn’t have a problem at all getting rid of this marketing hype of esports and mmo’s.
Remove LS, spvp, dungeons, and let this game grow from there. All for it.

So you basically want GW2 to pander to casuals and no one else.

They’re so very easy to avoid, so why do you want to get rid of something you don’t have to take part in?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I was playing at 4am eastern time where there are very few people.

Some guy come out and complain that he can’t find an organized map. I think he need to realize there are barely even enough people to fill a farming map. I’m not sure how he can find an organized map at that time.

And I was right. The next day when farming was nerfed. There are barely any players enough to fill an organized map at 4 am anyway.

And about the OP, if you are really the majority, I doubt people will want to stay on an organized map to farm chest. In which I can understand the frustration. You can’t start an empty map, so you can’t just create an empty map and start organizing the events. Which I think is the main problem.

(edited by laokoko.7403)