Why I've changed my mind on Ascended

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You don’t need Ascended armor. The stat increase over Exotics is minor. So if you’ve given up on getting these, you can still play the game as normal.

People like you are the reason wurm can’t be beaten.

Yes the stats do matter. They offer a 5-15% damage increase. That is a HUGE amount of damage when everything in this game is a dps race.

If you don’t think that much damage matters then please don’t show up to the wurm event or any timed event that is introduced from this point forward.

People like you is what makes me happy that ArenaNet hasn’t implemented gear inspection, and also has kept ‘raids’ open world!

why? if raids were instanced you and all your friends in blues could get together and do the content? oh wait… no you couldn’t because you rely on the people in ascended to carry you through the current open world content already…

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I agree with the OP, and that is ONE of the many reasons I will never make ascended gear of any kind (I do have 2 ascended armor pieces, but they were chest drops). The whole ascended thing is a load of bullkitten if you ask me. I only just shake my head at all the people who feel they must have it. This is my play time, not my 2nd job.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

You don’t need Ascended armor. The stat increase over Exotics is minor. So if you’ve given up on getting these, you can still play the game as normal.

Yes the stats do matter. They offer a 5-15% damage increase. That is a HUGE amount of damage when everything in this game is a dps race.

If you don’t think that much damage matters then please don’t show up to the wurm event or any timed event that is introduced from this point forward.

People like you is what makes me happy that ArenaNet hasn’t implemented gear inspection, and also has kept ‘raids’ open world!

why? if raids were instanced you and all your friends in blues could get together and do the content? oh wait… no you couldn’t because you rely on the people in ascended to carry you through the current open world content already…

Then they couldn’t “play how they want”. LOL

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

The OP actually has nothing to do with ascended armor or stats or grind or anything else discussed in this thread. If you pay attention to the psychological aspect of what is ACTUALLY written, it’s plain to see it’s just another thinly disguised poke at the “zerker Nerf” which is in dozens of other threads and this one is just as exaggerated and silly as the rest of them. Granted that the ascended gear has been completely against everything that GW1 was founded on concerning grind, players having statistically equal gear, and encouraging build creativity and diversity, the damage has been done however. I don’t think a dozen or more of the same threads is gonna change any of it. Especially ones that aren’t straightforward about their motives in the first place.

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

Then they couldn’t “play how they want”. LOL

Next you guys will be telling me that non 80s shouldn’t be doing these events!!

Anyway, I really am glad ANet doesn’t cater to folks like you! I’m sure they’ll eventually throw in something like real instanced raids to make you guys happy. But ‘til then I’ll enjoy the content they keep putting out, and not have to worry about kids who boot you due to not having full ascended, or full ’zerker, or not being 80, etc etc!

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It’s that gear over skill casual mentality that’s the reason YOU can’t beat the wurm and the whole “But we need 80s only for my level 30 dungeon!”

Catering to you is the biggest mistake the Guild Wars series ever made.

It’s actually not a player issue. Any experienced gamer knows that stats matter—that’s a given.

Stats matter when they give a clear advantage, Ascended armor by itself not including ascended trinkets do not give a clear advantage in this game. If you can prove that if 1 player with ascended armor and another with exotics that the player will 100% beat the other player in a 1v1 with exotics Ill hear you out. Or have any numerical real world advantage outside a calculator or spread sheet id eat my words.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

That’s why Ascended armor is a long term goal. Once you’ve settled down into your build, you can start building your ascended armor. Once legendary armours come out, then you can start going for that

Legendary is a “long term goal” and frankly, gtfo out with your “long term goals” when i need 6-8 “long term goals” for 3-4 different characters just to pass bare minimum muster with the new account bound fractal levels… save it for legendary armor, it has no place here where actual progression (you know, the infusion slots?) is involved.

And that comment on anet trashing stats… I am losing 1 month worth of laurels, and more mats than i care to even think about when Assassin’s stats no longer can compete with zerk thx to the crit damage nerf.

Warlord.9074

That’s why Ascended armor is a long term goal. Once you’ve settled down into your build, you can start building your ascended armor. Once legendary armours come out, then you can start going for that

Legendary is a “long term goal” and frankly, gtfo out with your “long term goals” when i need 6-8 “long term goals” for 3-4 different characters just to pass bare minimum muster with the new account bound fractal levels… save it for legendary armor, it has no place here where actual progression (you know, the infusion slots?) is involved.

And that comment on anet trashing stats… I am losing 1 month worth of laurels, and more mats than i care to even think about when Assassin’s stats no longer can compete with zerk thx to the crit damage nerf.

Well somone went around telling everyone that assassins was better than zerker then a whole bunch of people listened to them. And when you are talking better you traded Power for slightly more precision that wasn’t necessarily needed or needed to come from a armor stat. Thats why I never listened to that nonsense.

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

If I recall correctly, the change in stats was about 10-15 normal stats and 1% critical damage or something. If you actually calculate it out, the change is at or below 1% total increase in damage. This puts it so far below normal damage variation due to weapon damage spread that it is statistically insignificant. Anyone trying to argue that actually makes a difference is talking out of their kitten .

That being said, that’s just 1 more reason why ascended armor has been poorly implemented. The entire thing just reeks of incompetence.

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Stats matter when they give a clear advantage, Ascended armor by itself not including ascended trinkets do not give a clear advantage in this game. If you can prove that if 1 player with ascended armor and another with exotics that the player will 100% beat the other player in a 1v1 with exotics Ill hear you out. Or have any numerical real world advantage outside a calculator or spread sheet id eat my words.

Do you not understand how stats work or something? If someone has 50 power more than someone else, then they are 50 power stronger. It’s not hard math.

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Do you not understand how stats work or something? If someone has 50 power more than someone else, then they are 50 power stronger. It’s not hard math.

And without context, 50 power more is just 50 power more. A meaningless number.

Sins.4782

If by “meaningless” you mean contributing to a higher damage, then sure.

Dark Catalyst.1028

Seems pretty clear to me.

I really don’t get why these people are trying to argue that a clear statistical advantage is meaningless.

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

Yes, i had the idea that i was going to full line critical…and found that the boost, just wasn’t there, wasn’t helping me. And then I slapped on a couple of Torment sigils on my weapons, and since those weapon skills already do a massive amount of condition…I almost wish i went Condition Damage on my ascended armor. Still, live and learn, and forge on.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Warlord.9074

I really don’t get why these people are trying to argue that a clear statistical advantage is meaningless.

It’s meaningless because 50 power amounts to no real world gain. Especially vs an opponent with high armor rating. 250 power yes 50 power no. 50 power is less than 1% 50 power is like .1% in real world.

Comparing that to an advantage would be like Comparing a 150HP honda Civic to a 151 HP honda civic then saying the Honda civic with 1 more HP has a clear advantage in a Drag race from 0-100. When the race will be determined by the drivers not the car.

Sins.4782

It’s meaningless because 50 power amounts to no real world gain. Especially vs an opponent with high armor rating. 250 power yes 50 power no. 50 power is less than 1% 50 power is like .1% in real world.

Comparing that to an advantage would be like Comparing a 150HP honda Civic to a 151 HP honda civic then saying the Honda civic with 1 more HP has a clear advantage in a Drag race from 0-100. When the race will be determined by the drivers not the car.

I think you need to retake some math classes mate.

Tman.6349

If you take timing, dodges, application of boons, strafing/positioning, use of terrain, use of damage mitigation, and everything else that are the hallmarks of a good player and still believe that 50 power is a ‘game changer’, you are either making an excuse for being a poor player OR trying to defend your enormous waste of gold/materials thinking it would give you a true advantage. I’m r40 in PvP and I can assure you that skilled play will ALWAYS trump such a meager stat difference. Likewise, if the players are equally skilled, the 50 point spread is still gonna be a non-issue. Combat isn’t done with pens and paper…

Warlord.9074

I think you need to retake some math classes mate.

I think you need to LTP if you thin gw2 mechanics are no more deep than you think 50 power to be. And also maybe learn to drive a car while u are at it.

Sins.4782

No one’s arguing that skill and other factors aren’t involved in winning fights. It’s simple math though, when all other variables are equal, higher stats will always win. Saying it’s meaningless is simply not true.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

^—— lol best post in the thread. Max damage or fail and gtfo. Push this message harder because although my bolts of silk are selling for 7s each which is fantastic, I think we can push it to 8.

You’ll still have people claiming that statistical advantages don’t matter in this game because they can access all the content in blues. I guess by access, they mean getting carried by people who realize statistical advantages matter. Especially in content that requires a DPS race.

Special snowflake syndrome is rife. “Play how you want” is not conducive to content which requires teamwork to complete.

Lol the funny part of it is that you go to these events and just see 20-30 zerkers get laid out by an attack. Fact your of less use dead or in down state then that person in blues. Then let’s be truly honest with ourselves with how easy and cheap it is to obtain exotics, even rares at the very least you are waaaay over exaggerating some one being in blues lol.

If you feel that your carrying me because I seemingly do 5% less damage while staying alive longer then carry me away. End result is that I’ll still be selling you a bolt of silk for 7 silver a pop while earning same rewards at the event. I promise you I ain’t even mad or jelly bro

the funny part is that if zerkers die they come back and finish their target 5 minutes later meanwhile non dps parties fight single bosses for 30 mins or longer at times and fail to kill it in the end or still die to the insta k ill mechanics some have

Rezzet.3614

your example was bad as it shows the honda with better gear would win example better aerodynamic body+ spoilers and vents and such carbon fiber parts and customized transmission and better grip wheels

so even if the non geared car had a 20 horsepower advantage the other would win due to it being better equipped and more lightweight

back on numbers though 50 power is huge on some skills because you’re forgetting some skilsl have damage scaling multipliers of 2-4 wich makes that 50 points a 100-400 points gain wich then becomes an extra 400-1600 damage on full dps build+gear on said skills like killshot

might ve missed some numbers so yeh valuess aint accurate point is some skilsl scale ridiculously well with power/Attack )

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

This statement seriously worries me because it begs the question: How strong would a set of gear have to be to warrant it as being ‘necessary’? Would a set of gear about 5% stronger than ascended be just as unneeded? What about a set of gear that’s 5% better than that?

It’s these ‘grey area’ conclusions that make me seriously doubt that the vertical progression is going to stop with ascended – and having open-world, zerg based gameplay can give them plenty more wiggle room to continue the VP.

(edited by Smith.1826)

Rezzet.3614

This statement seriously worries me because it begs the question: How strong would a set of gear have to be to warrant it as being ‘necessary’? Would a set of gear about 5% stronger than ascended be just as unneeded?

It’s these ‘grey area’ conclusions that make me seriously doubt that the vertical progression is going to stop with ascended – and having open-world, zerg based gameplay can give them plenty more wiggle room to continue the VP.

got a solid point there hearing how there might be legendary armor comin up i bet that ll be 5% more than ascended wich then will leave what a 15% points diference over exotic? doesnt seem much but then we look at green and blue geared players and well they simply wont be a match having a 30-70% point disadvantage people overlook that gear also have points besides the usual stats like armor having Armor ontop of toughness or power or whatever 3 stats it has

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The OP actually has nothing to do with ascended armor or stats or grind or anything else discussed in this thread. If you pay attention to the psychological aspect of what is ACTUALLY written, it’s plain to see it’s just another thinly disguised poke at the “zerker Nerf” which is in dozens of other threads and this one is just as exaggerated and silly as the rest of them. Granted that the ascended gear has been completely against everything that GW1 was founded on concerning grind, players having statistically equal gear, and encouraging build creativity and diversity, the damage has been done however. I don’t think a dozen or more of the same threads is gonna change any of it. Especially ones that aren’t straightforward about their motives in the first place.

Nice try mr. psychoanalyst, but also completely wrong.

There’s nothing thinly veiled about it. I’m not happy with the fact that one of the best crafting challenges in the game results in armor that has stats set in stone, coupled with the fact that Anet has proven they are willing to change or even completely remove said attributes/stats (see magic find).
It is a huge time/gold sink for results that can not evolve with the a “flavor of the month” style balancing.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Tman.6349

There’s nothing thinly veiled about it. I’m not happy with the fact that one of the best crafting challenges in the game results in armor that has stats set in stone, coupled with the fact that Anet has proven they are willing to change or even completely remove said attributes/stats (see magic find).
It is a huge time/gold sink for results that can not evolve with the a “flavor of the month” style balancing.

So it’s about the uncertainty of stats you grinded for remaining consistent in the future which, in turn, stems from the outrage of the rebalancing of the critical damage modifier. Yeah, you’re still proving my point.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Personally I don’t think ascended armor worth all these effort and gold too. I’m not casual and I have over 6k accumulated gold, but it’s still pointless to me. I don’t have any ascended armor piece, since I think full ascended trinkets and asc/leg weapons are enough. I’d rather wait for stat-changeable legendary armor. At least it would worth the effort. Other than these, asc armor crafting is easy but definitely doesn’t worth it for single stat selection with only 4-5% stat increase. At least 10% stat increase compared to exotics is needed. And high-value single stat items are bad because builds are being constantly buffed/nerfed for balance. I wouldn’t spend my gold for an item with unclear future.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

clear advantage

If you can prove that if 1 player with ascended armor and another with exotics that the player will 100% beat the other player in a 1v1 with exotics Ill hear you out.

“Clear advantage,” does not equate to 100% win rate. People with weapon technology dating back to the stone age, knives for example, have defeated those with firearms. In other words that 100% does not apply. This does not mean that guns do not provide a clear advantage over sharpened rocks.

Posted by: longshot.1397

longshot.1397

I really, realy hope, if/when they introduce legendary armor, the ascended stuff will be equiv of precursor. Heck, we got soo much invested, it would make sense.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I really, realy hope, if/when they introduce legendary armor, the ascended stuff will be equiv of precursor. Heck, we got soo much invested, it would make sense.

Why would ANet waste another chance to make you grind for weeks? That is their idea of long-term content.

So you will start from scratch when they continue the gear grind with legendary.
Crafting to 600 probably, not with me though…

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If I recall correctly, the change in stats was about 10-15 normal stats and 1% critical damage or something. If you actually calculate it out, the change is at or below 1% total increase in damage. This puts it so far below normal damage variation due to weapon damage spread that it is statistically insignificant. Anyone trying to argue that actually makes a difference is talking out of their kitten .

That being said, that’s just 1 more reason why ascended armor has been poorly implemented. The entire thing just reeks of incompetence.

For me its not poorly implemented. Personally i think its great that the difference is soooo small that i really can just shrug and ignore it totally and better spend my gold on some nice skins .. while all these people that think it makes a difference have their carrot on a stick.

It would of course have been better if they never started with ascended at all, but since that is too late its better if a set of armor just gives you 1% instead of 100%

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

So it’s about the uncertainty of stats you grinded for remaining consistent in the future which, in turn, stems from the outrage of the rebalancing of the critical damage modifier. Yeah, you’re still proving my point.

I don’t run zerker gear on any of my characters, your argument is invalid. keep trolling.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The bad part about ascended is getting shoehorned into crafting, instead of giving us easier ways to acquire them.

Dark Catalyst.1028

The bad part about ascended is getting shoehorned into crafting, instead of giving us easier ways to acquire them.

Then there would be “nothing to do”. I would prefer it if they gated ascended gear behind challenging, but instanced, content. That way you would earn it by doing challenging, heroic content instead of sitting at a crafting station and stretching the limits of your patience. Not to mention your wallet as well.

Surely this wouldn’t be a problem for the people who run around in blue gear and “play how they want”. Because ascended doesn’t matter, right?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

This argument has been used countless times. It has been countered countless times too… so stop using it. It doesn’t change the nature of ascended armour.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Then there would be “nothing to do”. I would prefer it if they gated ascended gear behind challenging, but instanced, content. That way you would earn it by doing challenging, heroic content instead of sitting at a crafting station and stretching the limits of your patience. Not to mention your wallet as well.

Surely this wouldn’t be a problem for the people who run around in blue gear and “play how they want”. Because ascended doesn’t matter, right?

Lol so your saying if they guaranteed ascended through content then you’d all of a sudden stop caring about the player in blue gear? Exotic dungeon gear that has been easily obtained has been available since day 1 of the game. If he is still in blues chances are putting it behind content still won’t make him change out of his blue gear.

Let’s stop beating around the bush: fact is you want the instant gratification of bis gear with the least amount of effort and cost all the while complaining how mats and loot holds no value and is in overwhelming supply.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I’ll agree with the first part, not sure why you have to call them incompetent unless you’re just trying to be insulting to the devs.

The stats are so small they’re literally not worth it. You’re better off making legendaries. You can go buy a precursor for the price of a ascended armor set.

Sins.4782

A player in full ascended equipment has 179 more stat points from equipment than a player in full exotic (assuming 2h weapon), as well as ~5% higher weapon attack (yes, this means 5% higher damage, unless you’re using bundles for main damage) and ~5% higher defense on armor. A player using the maximum number of +stat infusions would have 249 more stat points than the player in full exotic. I would hardly call a 10% increase in stats from equipment ‘insignificant’.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

A player in full ascended equipment has 179 more stat points from equipment than a player in full exotic (assuming 2h weapon), as well as ~5% higher weapon attack (yes, this means 5% higher damage, unless you’re using bundles for main damage) and ~5% higher defense on armor. A player using the maximum number of +stat infusions would have 249 more stat points than the player in full exotic. I would hardly call a 10% increase in stats from equipment ‘insignificant’.

Could you be a more specific :P I wanted to aim for ascendant :P
How much Str-Agility points the difference between the points there are ?
And how much each attack is scaled with them ?

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

how is what OP said, anything different from any other power creep!?!?!?

it is incredible that now you come to this conclusion after the rivers of debate on this forum. and to think that people like OP actually defended it and are still asking for other power creep content like increasing lvl cap, as i write this.

told you so:P

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

This argument has been used countless times. It has been countered countless times too… so stop using it. It doesn’t change the nature of ascended armour.

Yes. Your counter is that the minor stat gain from ascended is a huge game changer. The argument is that, no, it really isn’t.

You say yes, they say no, back and forth and back and forth.

Blah blah blah, you’re not going to change someones ideology. Further, you can’t force them to quit arguing because you don’t like their perspective.

He can use the same tired argument as often as you use your same tired argument. Learn something.

Dark Catalyst.1028

Yes. Your counter is that the minor stat gain from ascended is a huge game changer. The argument is that, no, it really isn’t.

Blah blah blah, you’re not going to change someones ideology. Further, you can’t force them to quit arguing because you don’t like their perspective.

He can use the same tired argument as often as you use your same tired argument. Learn something.

Then gate it behind challenging, instanced content. You guys don’t need ascended anyway, since the stat gains are meaningless, right?

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Then gate it behind challenging, instanced content. You guys don’t need ascended anyway, since the stat gains are meaningless, right?

You might have to elaborate a teeny tiny bit there. Don’t assume I know what you’re on about or that I’m one of “those guys”.

It’s bad form.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Lol so your saying if they guaranteed ascended through content then you’d all of a sudden stop caring about the player in blue gear? Exotic dungeon gear that has been easily obtained has been available since day 1 of the game. If he is still in blues chances are putting it behind content still won’t make him change out of his blue gear.

Let’s stop beating around the bush: fact is you want the instant gratification of bis gear with the least amount of effort and cost all the while complaining how mats and loot holds no value and is in overwhelming supply.

With all this posting you do in the forums, you should put it towards learning to read what people say.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

if they do change stats drastically later on, I would hope they would allow for a one-time change like they did when they removed magic find. If they don’t do that, then yeah I agree there will be an uproar over being stuck with unwanted stats on ascended gear. I honestly am in no hurry to craft my ascended stuff. I do it as I’m able to, and if not, it doesn’t hurt my feelings any. The stat gain over exotic is not noticeable unless you sit counting damage tooltips while you fight and add it up constantly.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Dark Catalyst.1028

With all this posting you do in the forums, you should put it towards learning to read what people say.

I always thought I write fairly clearly, but perhaps not? But then again, you have people claiming that statistical advantages are meaningless, so at times I just don’t know if it’s willful misrepresentation or just zealotry on the part of GW2 fans.

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Full ascended equipment is not particularly meaningful. Rings, backpiece, amulet, and earrings are all very easy to obtain and provide the vast majority of that 179 stat points. Weapons are also pretty easy, compared to a full set of armor, and once again provide more stat points than the armor.

So basically you have gear in order of increasing difficulty to obtain and decreasing gains. Sorta horrible design if you ask me.

Posted by: cooperjer.6180

cooperjer.6180

@ OP: I’m on the same page as you regarding crafting as a goal. I have not crunched the numbers to find out what the percent increase would be with ascended gear and thus find the benefit to the cost; however, it is a long term goal that I can achieve as a casual player.

It sounds like you’re unsure of the change to the game regarding your targeted stat increase. I would recommend holding on to your materials you crafted until after the stat change occurs. Unless you have had a chance to play with the new stat and then know how it interacts with your game play you do not know how the ascended armor with the new stat will benefit you.

The unfortunate part of a complex game is that stats will change a little bit through it’s life. Therefore, any benefit achieved with ascended gear will change. You’re game play /skill will need to be flexible enough to accommodate those changes.

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

I’ve heard this a number of times, but would like clarification.

1. 10% stats is a lot. Can anyone link 2 builds that compares and shows this?

2. Even assuming it is a full 10%, what is the full percentage when you compare player A to player B when adding in stats from the toon before gear. What is the absolute stat difference?

I am very curious, thanks!

ps- My big reason for not going with CRAFTED ascended is that it locks me into one style of build. Berserker? Hope you never want to play Condi, Support, or any other hybrid or mix of gear build. That is not my style. I do however use the rings, amulet, trinkets. Working on a back piece slowly, and maybe a weapon (gasp) after that.

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

The game is awesome, and the gear progression is somewhat fine right now.
I’m looking extremely skeptical on further progression through levels and new gear tiers.
I’m fine if they add Legendary Armor and Legendary trinkets(they would give some cool aura effects, because trinkets themselves obviously can’t be seen) in-game, but only and only if it has the same stats as ascended, only a cool skin and changeable ascended stats.
It actually makes sense to me how your alt can be at ~90% of max character power with little to no time investment(full exotic gear, food/runes/sigils are pretty cheap).
However, the maximum of 100%, that is full Ascended and tons of wvw ranks to cap out there, you’ll have to focus on one character. I think that’s a very good approach. It’s not alt-friendly, but it differentiates your main character from your alts while still feeling extremely meaningful on your alt.
As for further gear progression? Progress Aqua Breather to Ascended, heck, at least to exotic. New tiers of gear beyond ascended&legendary are only going to destroy the game, just like a new level cap would.

Sins.4782

I’ve heard this a number of times, but would like clarification.

1. 10% stats is a lot. Can anyone link 2 builds that compares and shows this?

2. Even assuming it is a full 10%, what is the full percentage when you compare player A to player B when adding in stats from the toon before gear. What is the absolute stat difference?

I am very curious, thanks!

ps- My big reason for not going with CRAFTED ascended is that it locks me into one style of build. Berserker? Hope you never want to play Condi, Support, or any other hybrid or mix of gear build. That is not my style. I do however use the rings, amulet, trinkets. Working on a back piece slowly, and maybe a weapon (gasp) after that.

Exotic

Ascended with infusions

The ascended will deal 5.54% more damage than the exotic with kit skills, and 10.8% more damage with rifle and toolbelt skills, while having 2.7% higher armor. This is before precision/crit damage boosts such as fury, banner of discipline, and spotter are added, which increases those damage %s even more. For damage builds, increasing these values a little can make a larger difference than you would expect, due to the way damage multipliers work in this game.